Stalk Talk!

luna65

Okay you think everything is La Fleur Cremeuse. :lol:

Then again, you're not wrong, just not about that.

I don't get the hint!!!!

:lol:

Remember your story about the spoons? :P

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heroin ice cream spoons? I still don't get it! You are so messing with me.

It's a commentary on either subtlety or obliqueness, you decide.

Luna is calling me CLUELESS. Clearly, Rose Blackthorn, you are much hipper than me. Also evidenced by my use of the word "hip". :lol:

Noooo Mara. I could never imagine Luna thinking you are clueless much less saying it. And as far as hipness goes, that, like most things, is a subjective concept I think.

Hey whass wrong with bein' hip?

hip adjective

Cooler than cool, the pinnacle of what is "it". Beyond all trends and conventional coolness. Not to be mistaken for "deck".
"Stay away from the tacky velvet-rope MTV frat-boy clubs on the beach. Check out this party downtown instead, it's gonna be hip."
f45ab62cd17d2bfeeb111aa89274f652.jpgCooler than cool, the pinnacle of what is "it". Beyond all trends and conventional coolness.
Fits if you ask me.
Edited by LoveStruck55

I don't believe Rose is saying there is anything wrong with the concept, just that hipness depends on the context, which I agree with.

I don't believe Rose is saying there is anything wrong with the concept, just that hipness depends on the context, which I agree with.

I knew that... I've just always thought of myself as 'hip' in any context LOL

Even though use of that adjective does appear to date me.

And... I thought the descript describes Mara. Being a R&R chick you are 'stuck' with the coolness factor all your life. I for one would love to have that moniker.

To me "Hip" is a general state of being, it's an awareness, as in being current but not "trendy". Not following, just being and generally, without trying, in the moment. Not all hip people follow all trends. They are usually ahead of the crowd without trying. They tend to bypass philistine tendencies.

An overview of the coming months....this is what we have planned:

July is a normal release month, featuring Summer fragrances.

August is our yearly OMG SALE! so we have decided not to release a monthly set, but will be officially re-releasing the Sugars that month instead.

I still need about 100 pix for those Sugared labels, people!!!

And some of the images I have received are sooo tiny, that I cannot use them. Cel phone snaps, I suppose. So, those of you that sent me tiny pix...my FB friends, what I am doing is perusing your Facebook albums to search for larger versions or alternate images, so you may get an email from me asking permission to use a picture other than the one you emailed me. But I absolutely will ask your permission, and I am only doing this with people who have offered images already. Not invading anyone's privacy, no worries! Those of you who still want to contribute pix - you still have time, please do!! Thank you!!!

Mara I have some pics for you 3 I think. I'll send tonight or tomorrow.

I knew that... I've just always thought of myself as 'hip' in any context LOL

Okay but you said:

Hey whass wrong with bein' hip?

...so that led me to believe you thought Rose considered it a pejorative.

I keep trying to tell Mara she's still a rock star but she scoffs at me. :lol:

Luna is calling me CLUELESS. Clearly, Rose Blackthorn, you are much hipper than me. Also evidenced by my use of the word "hip". :lol:

Okay but you said:

...so that led me to believe you thought Rose considered it a pejorative.

I keep trying to tell Mara she's still a rock star but she scoffs at me. :lol:

Yeah you are right.. I was reacting more to PMs comment than Rose's. Pejorative?? Luna... one of the reasons I love you is that you raise the intellectual bar for everyone! I still wish you'd run for office. You might save us all.

Agreed. Mara is most definitely a rock star. Destiny. It's in her blood however she chooses to apply it in whatever vocation

:rockon: This emoticon seems predictable here, but somehow lame given the caliber of those cited in this post (Luna, Mara)

Now let me ruin this entire post by conjuring up the antithesis (image) of our hipness and coolness. You light up my life. No seriously, the two of you do. :wub:

Joy is the simplest form of gratitude. Karl Barth

BTW, I mean no disrespect to Debbie Boone, whatsoever. She's probably an LP addict like us all.

Edited by LoveStruck55

And, Luna doesn't think or treat me as if I'm clueless...even if I am sometimes. :lol:

I have a thing....I always say, 'God forbid if I'm the smartest person in the room.' I am very much attracted to intelligent, clever and creative people. I like learning new things every day. Smart rubs off on you...and so does stupid by the way...so I enjoy hanging around people who I can absorb lessons from by example.

Luna is one of those rare people who has a stunning vocabulary and is extremely intelligent, well read as well as being well educated. (I consider myself relatively smart. but I am self-educated.) Yet she still has a child-like capacity for joy and silliness, which is a requirement in my friends, LOL. :Emoticons04287:

I feel extremely blessed to have met so many creative, intelligent, passionate, interested and interesting people through this forum, many of which I have come to love as dear friends.

Heroin ice cream spoons? Wait.. if the ice cream spoons had been used to cook heroin, they would all be bent or straightened back out with a kink in them. WTF...

And by the way, here is the post referred to, Rose Blackthorn. Now you will see why I said you were so much hipper than me. Unlike me, you "got it" right away. :lol:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=8510&p=297043

I have a thing....I always say, 'God forbid if I'm the smartest person in the room.' I am very much attracted to intelligent, clever and creative people. I like learning new things every day. Smart rubs off on you...and so does stupid by the way...so I enjoy hanging around people who I can absorb lessons from by example.

Luna is one of those rare people who has a stunning vocabulary and is extremely intelligent, well read as well as being well educated. (I consider myself relatively smart. but I am self-educated.) Yet she still has a child-like capacity for joy and silliness, which is a requirement in my friends, LOL. :Emoticons04287:

Perfectly stated!!! And Luna does raise the bar for me (or is it actually raising the floor in my case?) No accident that all you amazing ladies are here at this one glorious summit.

Luna is one of those rare people who has a stunning vocabulary and is extremely intelligent, well read as well as being well educated.

I feel extremely blessed to have met so many creative, intelligent, passionate, interested and interesting people through this forum, many of which I have come to love as dear friends.

All very true statements!

And, Luna doesn't think or treat me as if I'm clueless...even if I am sometimes. :lol:

You are such an amazing person

Almost! :D I wrote a series of thematically-connected vignettes for this collection, as I have with others in the past.

Well, one should never kill a character simply for the sake of killing them...no matter how tempting it may be. :666:

I need some of those cups!

Well, one should never kill a character simply for the sake of killing them...no matter how tempting it may be. :666:

AWWWWW! Not evevn *once* in a while? B)

Katz that is hilarious (and very apropos) I like that better than the "Please do not annoy the elf" emoticon.

:AngryElf:

:gangster::female-gangster: Hows about we shoot the farting smiley? :i-m-gassy-today:

Oh, wait--they're shooting the ELF! EEK! SAVE THE ELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(But aside from all that, are we there yet?)

...and SQUEEEEE, luna!!! :w00t: Can't wait!!!

Almost! :D I wrote a series of thematically-connected vignettes for this collection, as I have with others in the past.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Oh yea! That'll be fun! I love it when we get goid reading time from Luna.

LP- The Experience.

George R.R. Martin is offering a chance to be a character in one of his books and be promptly killed off. It only costs $20,000 which goes to charity.

http://www.cnet.com/news/get-in-game-of-thrones-get-killed-help-wolves-for-just-20k/?ttag=fbwl

I hadn't heard this - good find Halo! I love that it benefits Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary and the Food Depot of Santa Fe. Wish I had that kind of coin to throw around. I would do this and send him a bottle of Totem: Wolf. I have wolves all over my house (but then my house decor screams New Mexico/Arizona/Colorado so it doesn't really seem unusual). That is so cool that he's doing this. Makes me think of the wolf baby on Totem:Wolf

Edited by LoveStruck55