Stalk Talk!

luna65

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me: ooooh, maybe the notes are up. You wanna read the notes with me?

Him: um, no. I'd rather watch another quarter of the basketball game. 

Me: Really? You don't want to read about them? 

Him: No. Maybe while I'm smelling them, but I don't want to read about hypothetical smells. That doesn't sound fun to me.  

Me: Not even the men's?

Him: How about I go watch the rest of the game, and you sit on the sofa next to me and tell me all about the new releases during the commercials, okay?

• 2 months later...

Mara has to take some time off, as noted in this thread from her blog:

So there won't be a specific Spring collection this year, but that's why there were two collections released at the same time: The Vault and Pherotine 2019.

8 hours ago, luna65 said:

So there won't be a specific Spring collection this year, but that's why there were two collections released at the same time: The Vault and Pherotine 2019.

I can't even get through all of those! I'm glad Mara is taking care of herself, AND I couldn't possibly sniff my way through any more NR's at the moment. Plus, Mysterioso and Adam's Nectar are so sexy, riding on the heels of Unbeleafable, no need for any more men's NR's, ever.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:48 PM, luna65 said:

Mara has to take some time off, as noted in this thread from her blog:

Ok, I didn't know about the surgery. Thank you for informing me.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Potion Master said:

Yes, August.

Haha, Ive been lurking. I thought it was July,but August is actually better for me this year. I just graduated college,yay! And I'm going on vacation double yay!! So yeah, good timing so I'll have a chance to recoup some cash by then. 

48 minutes ago, cheeseburger79 said:

Haha, Ive been lurking. I thought it was July,but August is actually better for me this year. I just graduated college,yay! And I'm going on vacation double yay!! So yeah, good timing so I'll have a chance to recoup some cash by then. 

Congrats Cheesy!!

26 minutes ago, halo0073 said:

Congrats Cheesy!!

Thanks Halo!!! It took for freaking ever but I'm DONE! 😁

Now I can make more money to shop here more often ,haha.

On 6/27/2019 at 7:55 PM, cheeseburger79 said:

Wow - congratulations - great job!

On 6/28/2019 at 1:55 AM, cheeseburger79 said:

Congratulations.

On 6/27/2019 at 7:55 PM, cheeseburger79 said:

Haha, Ive been lurking. I thought it was July,but August is actually better for me this year. I just graduated college,yay! And I'm going on vacation double yay!! 

Congratulations!!! 😊

I just wore Midnight Lavender the other night, and I love it, but I think it's a (mostly) stand alone scent. What about a more layerable nonchalant Lavender?  

I also really love the pineapple OCCO, I think a lemony/Orange OCCO would be killer. If it leaned Lemon, maybe more Lemon Buttercream....

Edited by Eastwood22

I would also love a citrusy OCCO, something without other fruits  - just lemons, oranges/tangerines, and maybe a splash of grapefruit.  I like the idea of a buttercream citrus,  as Eastwood mentioned above, or plain, fresh squeezed citrus - either way would be great!  ETA - Maybe an orange and vanilla creamsicle flavor, even?  I think that I'm craving sweets, lol.

I would also love a butterscotch, vanilla, cream flavor (scent), something really sweet and thick that would be different from OCCO White and BBM, but along those lines (no coconut).

It would also be amazing if you could make a milk chocolate and vanilla "swirl" OCCO.  I love OCCO Choco, but would also like something a little lighter/fluffier.   I often mix it with OCCO White to add some vanilla,  but I am sure that you would be able to make it even better! ❤

Edited by Kayla

1 hour ago, Kayla said:

would also be amazing if you could make a milk chocolate and vanilla "swirl"

You just made me hungry!

6 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

You just made me hungry!

I do gravitate toward the creamier, foodie scents. I was thinking it would be fantastic to have an ice cream OCCO collection.  Maybe add mint chocolate chip (like Breath of Nirvana), a creamsicle one, black & white milkshake, banana split (chocolate, banana, cherry, whipped cream), etc...  I'm not much of a floral gal, but I do like the Midnight Lavender and Orchid Zing from the last collection.  

I do like the idea of a citrus salad kind of OCCO - with honey! :thumbup:

I think I would also like another chocolate one, either something dark and fudgy or really sweet and creamy.  OCCO: Choco was rather amber-y on me.  Or the OCCO Mocha idea someone had a while back.

1 hour ago, anchoredinopulence said:

I would also kill for a Liebchen-feeling OCCO. 😁

Also willing to kill.

1 hour ago, anchoredinopulence said:

And I'm really feeling sweet pea as a note - buttercream sweet pea?

Sweet pea & tuberose? Not that I'm a floral gal, so I'm just making words with my thumbs...

Edited by Eastwood22

I love the Mocha and Liebchen OCCO ideas, too!

ETA - Maybe a Latte OCCO (creamy, rich coffee with just a teeny bit of spice), like LP Latte, without the patchouli.

Also, I would love a pumpkin and cream OCCO! ❤❤❤

Edited by Kayla

I would like a dark coffee or mocha OCCO. 

14 hours ago, Hildegerd said:

How about a green occo, something with an old fashioned leather note?

There used to be OCCO Green years ago but it was green floral stemmy type notes. I really liked it. No leather in it though 

4 hours ago, halo0073 said:

I would like a dark coffee or mocha OCCO. 

There used to be OCCO Green years ago but it was green floral stemmy type notes. I really liked it. No leather in it though 

Ok, too bad it is gone.

On 7/2/2019 at 12:45 PM, Kayla said:

ETA - Maybe a Latte OCCO (creamy, rich coffee with just a teeny bit of spice), like LP Latte, without the patchouli.

I like all of these ideas, plus the OCCO ice cream line! I have TWO containers of Haagen Das Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream in the fridge right now. I'm guessing I'm the only one who would wear a milk chocolate and Skippy peanut butter OCCO?

Edited by Eastwood22

4 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I like all of these ideas, plus the OCCO ice cream line! I have TWO containers of Haagen Das Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream in the fridge right now. I'm guessing I'm the only one who would wear a milk chocolate and Skippy peanut butter OCCO?

Hahaha!  I'm sure that Mara would make it smell delicious!

9 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Someone did a chocolate-peanut butter PE years ago, and it was yummy!

1 hour ago, luna65 said:

Someone did a chocolate-peanut butter PE years ago, and it was yummy!

6 hours ago, Kayla said:

Hahaha!  I'm sure that Mara would make it smell delicious!

Oh wow. I bet it was amazing! 

I don't even know if I could pull off a chocolate peanut butter OCCO, but I'm willing to try. 

On 7/1/2019 at 6:38 PM, Potion Master said:

Do we want another Ltd Ed OCCO set this year? And if so, what scents would you like this time?

Ok, let's get serious here, peeps! It's time to brew! :witch-cauldron:

On 7/1/2019 at 6:48 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I just wore Midnight Lavender the other night, and I love it, but I think it's a (mostly) stand alone scent. What about a more layerable nonchalant Lavender?  

I also really love the pineapple OCCO, I think a lemony/Orange OCCO would be killer. If it leaned Lemon, maybe more Lemon Buttercream....

The thing you need to remember about OCCOs, is that if the scent is crystalline, the cops show through pretty easily. Also, citrus notes on MOST people are extremely fragile, esp lemon which burns off most people's skin in about 20 mins. So you have to consider what will be left after that. So, when doing a citrus OCCO, it's going to wear more successfully with a heavier note underneath. Lemon Buttercream would work well, as would a honeyed citrus. Lavender is also a very thin note, which is why I teamed it with the amber last year. I know everyone is asking for at least a mixed citrus, and I can def do that, but think about what you'd prefer as a base note. Tangerine and/or Pineapple will also bolster Lemon (and Grapefruit) and make it last longer.

On 7/1/2019 at 7:34 PM, Kayla said:

I would also love a citrusy OCCO, something without other fruits  - just lemons, oranges/tangerines, and maybe a splash of grapefruit.  I like the idea of a buttercream citrus,  as Eastwood mentioned above, or plain, fresh squeezed citrus - either way would be great!  ETA - Maybe an orange and vanilla creamsicle flavor, even?  I think that I'm craving sweets, lol.

I would also love a butterscotch, vanilla, cream flavor (scent), something really sweet and thick that would be different from OCCO White and BBM, but along those lines (no coconut).

It would also be amazing if you could make a milk chocolate and vanilla "swirl" OCCO.  I love OCCO Choco, but would also like something a little lighter/fluffier.   I often mix it with OCCO White to add some vanilla,  but I am sure that you would be able to make it even better! ❤

Butterscotch Vanilla would work very well as an OCCO! My teeth are hurting just thinking about it. lol!

I can do a choco van swirl too. Good ideas!

On 7/2/2019 at 3:11 AM, Kayla said:

I do gravitate toward the creamier, foodie scents. I was thinking it would be fantastic to have an ice cream OCCO collection.  Maybe add mint chocolate chip (like Breath of Nirvana), a creamsicle one, black & white milkshake, banana split (chocolate, banana, cherry, whipped cream), etc...  I'm not much of a floral gal, but I do like the Midnight Lavender and Orchid Zing from the last collection.  

I can give Choco Chip Mint a try, creamsicle scents we have done successfully in the past, as well as banana split types. These are all doable as OCCOs. :)

On 7/2/2019 at 4:16 AM, oceanjewel said:

How about key lime cheesecake?

There was an ice cream place here that had that flavor 

Ummm, no. lol. We have done cheesecake scents in the past, I actually have the note on hand. But I am not sure OCCOs need an extra dose of cheese? :lol: It's sounds delicious to eat though! We did a Raspberry Cheesecake one once, called Cops and Robbers. It was not overwhelmingly successful.

On 7/2/2019 at 6:24 AM, Hildegerd said:

Raspberry with borboun?

That would make a great OCCO.

On 7/2/2019 at 8:27 AM, luna65 said:

I do like the idea of a citrus salad kind of OCCO - with honey! :thumbup:

I think I would also like another chocolate one, either something dark and fudgy or really sweet and creamy.  OCCO: Choco was rather amber-y on me.  Or the OCCO Mocha idea someone had a while back.

Honey makes a great base for OCCOs, but also dirties them up and makes them smuttier. Not necessarily a bad thing of course! Did we do this with Prince and Showgirl? I can't remember. We did one that was grapefruit honey and I loved it and still wear it sometimes, but it's rather slutty and didn't have the widest appeal.

I am getting quite a few requests for more chocolate and coffee scents lately, so I would be willing to do a coffee/mocha one, and also like a choco/vanilla swirl one? Titillating Temptress sold very well, that one was basically a mocho OCCO, wasn't it?

On 7/2/2019 at 10:38 AM, anchoredinopulence said:

Ooh, I like the ice cream idea! Coffee ice cream I would love. Buttercream citrus would be amazing. And I'm really feeling sweet pea as a note - buttercream sweet pea?

I would also kill for a Liebchen-feeling OCCO. 😁

I love sweet pea as a note, does anyone else have a vote for this? I feel like I like it more than many of our customers in the end.

Liebchen is Lavender Buttercream - always a favorite to me - and easier to pull off as an OCCO than a delicate lavender.

On 7/2/2019 at 12:45 PM, Kayla said:

I could do a creamy pumpkin one, I like that idea!

Does anyone else vote for a spiced coffee? I would rather it unspiced myself, and people could layer with something else to get the spice feel - like the pumpkin one, lol.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:30 PM, Hildegerd said:

How about a green occo, something with an old fashioned leather note?

Hildy, when you say green, do you mean more like a ferny masculine/unisex kind of green? Because a fern or fergiere would go well with leather, but I can't really picture it with a pale green stemmy kind of scent. What are you imagining?

On 7/6/2019 at 12:12 AM, Eastwood22 said:

Eastwood, did you try Ellie's Elephant Snacks?

Ok, so - votes? I am going to do 8 of them, like last year. In the 5ml bottles and in sets of trials. They will be released at the same time as the sale again too. A couple of last years flew off the shelves and maybe does anyone want more of any of those? I think it was the sandalwood one that sold out the fastest. We still have a very few bottles left of some of the others. Let me look....  we only have these left.

OCCO: Cherry Tobac
OCCO: Florale
OCCO: Orchid Zing

Input please! I want to make you happy! :D

Definitely not spiced coffee. Prince and Showgirl was indeed super smutty honey and grapefruit. It was fairly polarizing as I recall, either a love or strong dislike. It was the latter for me and came off kinda cat uriney to me. Which was only one I have ever had that impression from. Two hands raised here for a lavender buttercream OCCO. I’m meh on the citrus salad one which reminds me of Dolly’s PE. I did like it but it was kinda simple ( obviously because it was a PE with only 4 notes) so if you did that, I think it needs a little something extra for depth and complexity especially as a cops cover. I think dreamsicle would be great for cops. Definitely bring back that sandalwood skin musk from last year.