Can someone tell me about alcohol/oil, alcohol/silicone, etc.. differences?

I've ordered LFM in 60/40 alcohol/dpg and have tested it a few times with no noticeable effects. I anticipated loving this one a lot and was extremely excited about its arrival. Would another combination be more effective? Everything else I have in oil and those roll on bottles. LP Red Lace gets the most pronounced effects, but the scent is so strong I am in danger of becoming "Perfume Girl". I want to roll on enough that the pheros work, but not so much that people are covering their noses as they walk past, and apparently it's a very fine line. *Also, don't get me wrong, I ADORE LP Red Lace and the scent is gorgeous - it's just a little dab'll do ya on that one or it's too much.

So can someone give me some advice on how to order?

What are the best/most effective alcohol/dpg ratios?

How does it compare to alcohol/silicone?

Alcohol/oil?

I've ordered LFM in 60/40 alcohol/dpg and have tested it a few times with no noticeable effects. I anticipated loving this one a lot and was extremely excited about its arrival. Would another combination be more effective?

Hi, Andsoitgoes! I also have LFM in 60/40 Alcohol/DPG, and I'm still trying to find my LFM sweet spot...I've been applying 3 sprays so far, 1 on both sides of the neck and the 3rd on cleavage...but so far nothing, no self-effects either...I would like to try applying it on my hair ( I've read other ladies have great results doing this with LFM but from what I understood it was 100 percent alcohol), I'm afraid the oil in the alcohol/dpg ratio might stick heavily on my hair, but maybe we should try anyways, don't you think?

I've also noticed that in this ratio we have, it takes way longer to dry, and to be totally honest sometimes I haven't waited enough time for dry down before covering properly....

This is the first time I try this ratio in LPs, and I have no experience with silicone, but the more experienced LP ladies can help you out in this regard...but IMO maybe we must still experiment further with application, maybe consider other spots, like the back of the neck for example?

Edited by Gabylicious

Well, in short....alcohol diffuses quickly.....and more so if you live in a hot climate. Alcohol base is best used for those blends that you want to go far and wide!

Alcohol/DPG will diffuse slower, which is useful for people like me who live in the south. It keeps the alcohol from burning off so quickly and makes it wear longer. Alcohol/silicone is only slightly longer wear time than alcohol, but shorter than alcohol/DPG (DPG, simply put, is oil).

Silicone diffuses quicker than DPG, and it is actually one of my faves, as it has a nice moderate diffusion rate. If the blend is not a stinky one, I will apply a silicone-based phero on top of my oil-based scent. The stinky ones have to dry down and be covered, though. I also find that the silicone-based blends dry down quicker than the DPG based ones.

If the blend is sexual, you would want it to stick closer to your body, so for those blends you may want to go with oil. Alcohol base is really good for social blends, but I do often get the alcohol/oil mix as well to help it not burn off so quickly because I live in the south.

The main thing is to remember that not every phero blend will work for every person, so it may not be the base. The phero blends are really not "one size fits all", so you may need to switch up and try a different blend. For instance, if you like the Red Lace, you could get an Unscented Lace spray and use it with your choice of scent (and the amount of scent you are comfortable with as well). You would simply apply a little bit of the oil scent and spray the unscented Lace on top.....or in your hair, or wherever you wish.

Edited by Dolly

Thank you for your help, Dolly! I had such great results with the LP Red Lace that I went on sort of an "Ooo, well let's see what THIS one can do!" kind of buying spree. It still may just be that I need to take it out more and experiment with different amounts.

You know I was just talking to Mara about the amount of pheros in blends, and phero's in general. I hope she reads this so she can correct me if I'm not remembering right, but the way she explained it to me was that she puts more than the others do in her blends so even if you were to wear a dab of LP RED lace you'll be getting the cops out there.

The reason this came up was because I felt it was counter intuitive to wear less of something if you wanted "more" of the effect. I was bathing in phero's and wondering why they were having no effect. They were (and that's a whole 'nother post) and I learned that LP's blends contain a higher concentration of cops and pheros so even if you wear just a bit, you will still be wearing the same (or even more) amount of the phero's/cops. Does that help?

For me, I wear most of my phero's (except cops) in alcohol spray, even the sexual ones. This is because I live in a cooler, damper climate and I want more diffusion. I may have to apply later in the day, because yes, oil has more staying power, but the oil just wasn't getting "out there" through all my layers of clothes. Plus with the alcohol based phero's I can spray them in my hair, again, as long as they don't contain cops.

Thanks for all the info! Reading this post helped answer a few questions I had! One more thing though - what exactly is silicone? Is it closer to an alcohol or oil, or is it something else altogether?

It is something else. It is an ingredient in many hair conditioners (it smoothes the hair shaft), and is also the ingredient in dry oil spray that gives it that dry, silky feeling. In a phero roll-on from LP, you need to shake bottle before use, because it separates, but it also imparts a very light silky feel to the roll-on, in contrast to the heavier/slightly oily feel from DPG .

Edited by Dolly

I like to layer sprays over oils to get the best of both worlds in diffusion. When it comes to sprays, I prefer a 70% alcohol/30%silicone diffusion. That is where I get my best results. If I'm working with a (unscented pheromones)100% alcohol base, I like to spray that first then cover with oil.

• 9 months later...

So currently it is still cool where I live in the south, but within a month it will get hot again and stay like that for a long time. I'm trying to think ahead when ordering my social pheros, and am wondering about: Silicone roll-on vs 60/40 alcohol/oil spray

• Which has longer staying power?
  • Faster and wider area of diffusion?

I know both are touted as "best of both worlds" compromises between alcohol and oil application, but how do they compare to each other?

So currently it is still cool where I live in the south, but within a month it will get hot again and stay like that for a long time. I'm trying to think ahead when ordering my social pheros, and am wondering about: Silicone roll-on vs 60/40 alcohol/oil spray

• Which has longer staying power?
  • Faster and wider area of diffusion?

I know both are touted as "best of both worlds" compromises between alcohol and oil application, but how do they compare to each other?

How far South? I'm in MidMo & I need a nice oil/alcohol mix to slow diffusion down, cuz it gets so hot & I will bomb myself n others with fragrance/pheros if I try to do straight alcohol in the summer. In the winter I can apply alcohol over oil, but I have to reverse it in the summer. Does that make sense?

tx! But specifically do you know about the comparison between 60/40 alcohol/oil and 100% silicone roll-on?

The former is not available in a roll on, it is spray only.

Spray gives you a wider diffusion in the air, but lasts a shorter amount of time.

Here's our FAQ on the subject:

http://lovepotionperfume.com/reading_room/articles/FAQ1

• 8 years later...
On 2.5.2012 at 22:01, Andsoitgoes said:

Ich habe LFM in 60/40 Alkohol/dpg bestellt und habe es ein paar Mal ohne merkliche Auswirkungen getestet. Ich erwartete, dass ich diesen sehr lieben würde und war sehr aufgeregt über seine Ankunft. Wäre eine andere Kombination effektiver? Alles andere habe ich in Öl und die rollen auf Flaschen. LP Red Lace hat die stärksten Effekte, aber der Duft ist so stark, dass ich in Gefahr bin, "Parfum Girl" zu werden. Ich möchte genug rollen, damit die Pheros funktionieren, aber nicht so sehr, dass sich die Leute beim Vorbeigehen die Nase zuhalten, und anscheinend ist das ein sehr schmaler Grat. *Außerdem versteh mich nicht falsch, ich LIEBE LP Red Lace und der Duft ist wunderschön - es ist nur ein kleiner Klecks, oder es ist zu viel.

Kann mir jemand einen Tipp zur Bestellung geben?

Was sind die besten/effektivsten Alkohol/dpg-Verhältnisse?

Wie ist es im Vergleich zu Alkohol/Silikon?

Alkohol/Öl?

What is dpg and what is Silikon? Have everyone a example?

I have my Fragrance spray and I want put Pheromon Oil in

my fragrance bottle. Maybe 20 dropes in my 10 ml bottle.

Is my Pheromon Oil a dpg or Silikon?

Is my Fragrance Alkohol a dpg or Silikon?

Silicone is no longer offered by LPMP I don’t believe.

DPG is oil. 

If you have perfume by LPMP and it is in a roller bottle, then it is oil (dpg).  You can follow the directions posted earlier in this thread if you want to turn an oil based perfume into a spray. The ratios of alcohol to oil are listed above. 

Silicone and alcohol will not mix. It will turn cloudy, and need to be shaken each time before applying. 

Here are some helpful links 

Read carefully what PotionMaster wrote in the links below. Everything you’re asking about is there. 

Lastly,  both the forum site, and the online store for LPMP have gone through upgrades, and complete new builds. Therefore, some older links no longer work. 

Edited by Eve
Added more links.