Scrubs Ahoy! ~ New B&B Items

How I spent my Sunday..... :D

These are notes for me, as well as for you guys. I am organizing all the info, costs, shipping weights, ingredient lists and making labels, etc., trying to have these posted in the cart by tomorrow in the B&B section.

Scrubbyness scale: 1 = Superfine, 3 = Medium, 5 = Coarse.

AD-GrapefruitPeppermintSaltScrub-LovePotionPerfume.jpg

Grapefruit & Peppermint Salt Scrub

* Scented with Red Grapefruit fragrance oil and Peppermint essential oil. (Boldly scented.)

* Crafted with fine table salt and coarse spa salts.

* Base of foaming butter and moisturizing oils (apricot kernel, grapeseed, avocado, sunflower).

* Intended use: Excellent foot scrub - smoothing and invigorating. Best used on NON-sensitive areas, due to salt, coarseness, strong fragrance - peppermint & citrus.

* Scrubbyness scale: 4

* External use only, non-edible.

* Packaged in 8 oz blue jar, net weight 15 ounces.

* Shipping weight = 1 pound 4 ounces.

* Price per each jar: $12.95

AD-CottonCandyScrub-LovePotionPerfume.jpg

Cotton Candy Sugar Scrub

* A hot-spun cotton candy scent, fragranced with pink sugar, warm caramel, and strawberry fragrance oils.

* Crafted with white table sugar, and a touch of bakery coloring.

* Base of foaming butter and moisturizing oils (apricot kernel, grapeseed, avocado, sunflower).

* Intended use: Nose to toes, provided that face is not sensitive to fragrance oils.

* Scrubbyness scale: 3

* Packaged in 8 oz blue jar, net weight 13 ounces.

* Shipping weight = 1 pound 2 ounces.

* Price per each jar: $16.95

AD-CoconutCocoaButterScrub-LovePotionPerfume.jpg

Coconut Cocoa ~ Brown Sugar Butter Scrub

* Considering this one a limited edition. Crafted with gourmet butters Raq & Luna told us about. Contains Artisana brand Organic Coconut Butter and Cocoa Bliss, with a dollop of Trader Joe's Cocoa Almond Butter and splash of Tahitian Vanilla Extract.

* Crafted with fine dark brown sugar and pureed coconut flesh.

* All natural base of soy butter, coconut butters and moisturizing oils (apricot kernel, grapeseed, avocado, sunflower). Noticing a little bit of oil on top from the coconut flesh/butters.

* Intended use: Nose to toes, completely face-safe. Leaves the skin buttery and moisturized, save this step for last so you don't wash away the butters!

* Scrubbyness scale: 2

* Crafted with all-edible ingredients, so you can use it as a lip scrub (or even a tongue scrub!), but you probably shouldn't eat it.

* Packaged in 8 oz blue jar, net weight 11.8 ounces.

* Shipping weight = 1 pound.

* Price per each jar: $18.95

AD-ChocolateCherryCoffeeScrub-LovePotionPerfume.jpg

Chocolate Cherry ~ Coffee and Brown Sugar Scrub

* The scent of chocolate covered cherries (fragrance oils) compliments the natural aromas of the coffee and brown sugar.

* Crafted with fine dark brown sugar and coarse ground coffee. Sugar mixed with the coffee as the coffee is sooo absorbent on it's own, past coffee scrubs have gotten dry and needed water added during shower use. Hoping the sugar and high volume of butters will help keep this mix nice and moist.

* Image depicts ingredients layered in the bowl prior to mixing, because the finished product smells and feels great, but doesn't look as appetizing, if you know what I mean. lol

* Base of foaming butter, coconut butter, and moisturizing oils (apricot kernel, grapeseed, avocado, sunflower).

* Intended use: Body. Too coarse for facial use.

* Scrubbyness scale: 5

* Skin toning and anti-oxidant properties: Coffee is a vasodilator which works to firm and tighten the complexion. Naturally full of antioxidants, used to heal and restore, reduces redness and firms and tightens the surface of skin, reducing the appearance of cellulite.

* Packaged in 8 oz blue jar, net weight 8.2 ounces.

* Shipping weight = 14.5 ounces.

* Price per each jar: $17.95

AD-CaramelCupcakeFineSugarScrub-LovePotionPerfume.jpg

Caramel Cupcake ~ Superfine Sugar Butter Scrub

* For those that wanted something similar to the Darling Clementine scrub - this is it!

* Only highest grade bakery flavorings were used in this mix - most all natural or organic. Including Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste (see the little dots of vanilla bean in the picture?), 2-fold Vanilla Extract, Clear Vanilla Extract, Madagascar Vanilla Extract, Sweet Dough Bakery Emulsion, Butter Extract, Caramel flavoring.

* Crafted with pastry-grade Ultrafine Pure Cane Sugar.

* All natural base of soy butter and moisturizing oils (apricot kernel, grapeseed, avocado, sunflower).

* Intended use: Face and body. As the ingredients are expensive, I would reserve this treat for facial use, and neck/shoulders/cleavage. Superfine sugar is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin types.

* Leaves an excellent level of moisturizing butter on the skin - do not wash off! (Rinse, but no soap!) Save this step for last to take advantage of the moisturizing properties.

* Scrubbyness scale: 1

* Crafted with all-edible ingredients, so you can use it as a lip scrub (or even a tongue scrub!), but you probably shouldn't eat it.

* Packaged in 8 oz blue jar, net weight 11.8 ounces.

* Shipping weight = 1 pound 1 ounce.

* Price per each jar: $22.95

Notes to self re postage:

Medium Flat Rate Priority boxes will hold up to TEN jars.

USA Shipping cost: $9.62 NOTE: Medium Flat Rate Priority boxes will hold up to TEN jars for the flat fee of $10.85.

Canada: 1 jar $7.45, 2 jars $11.70, 3 jars $15.95, four jars or more (over 4 pounds) must go Priority Flat Rate for $32.95

UK/Europe: 1 jar $13.17, 2 jars $21.02, 3 jars $28.87, four jars or more must go Priority Flat Rate for $47.95

Asia & Australia: 1 jar $14.74, 2 jars $22.59, 3 jars $30.44, four jars or more must go Priority Flat Rate for $47.95

Wow, Mara! They all look sooo good, you outdid yourself once again....I wanted something like the DC scrub, but now I want them all! I'm suffering now, which one should I pick? The Caramel cupcake scrubby is the obvious one, but I HAVE to have another one....

These scrubbies will go fast....I want to try them all before they fly, I'm drooling...seriously...

As I've mentioned, I was able to try the new salt scrub, sugar butter scrub, and the coffee/brown sugar scrub and they are all FABOO! for their intended purposes. If you truly want to pamper yourself you must get at least one!

One silly question since I'm not quite a B&B product gal. Will the scent change if left unopened? How long can the scrub keep upon cracking open the jar?

One silly question since I'm not quite a B&B product gal. Will the scent change if left unopened? How long can the scrub keep upon cracking open the jar?

Those are *good* questions--not silly--JOC! I'm curious to hear the answers!

And, WHOA! I need some of these!!! Which to try first? I suppose it would be practical to start with the limited edition one... B) Tyvey needs a new scrub spoon... :666:

which one should I pick? The Caramel cupcake scrubby is the obvious one, but I HAVE to have another one....

These scrubbies will go fast....I want to try them all before they fly, I'm drooling...seriously...

Gabby, if it were me...Cotton Candy. Nom! Aside from the Gourmet Butter scrub, I am planning to keep these in regular stock, rather than the Scrub of the Month or pick your own scent options.

As I've mentioned, I was able to try the new salt scrub, sugar butter scrub, and the coffee/brown sugar scrub and they are all FABOO!

These are betta. Except for the Cupcake, which was perfect last time around, I think I improved on all of them this time.

Well, first of all, I chose only ingredients that required NO refrigeration so there's nothing immediately perishable. But, everything is still made of natural ingredients that will degrade over time, so I would not plan to keep anything longer than 12 months. Not good to hoard fresh products like these - it's better to buy fresh each time. Opened products should not be kept longer than 6 months - if you get water into them in the shower, bacteria grows. Also, the coffee scrubs are so absorbent, the longer you have them the drier they get. Better to use those quicker.

These are betta. Except for the Cupcake, which was perfect last time around, I think I improved on all of them this time.

Yowza! Well alrighty then, because those were wonderful so now I must have MOAR BETTARER!

OK I haz stoopit question. I can't have caffeine to consume because it triggers my IBS, and sends me bouncing off the walls quite literally with my anxiety disorder. What effect would scrubbing my skin with it have, do you think? If the caffeine stimulates my skin, is it likely to be absorbed and go systemic and give me an anxiety bout?

Not sure how much actual caffeine is absorbed into the skin.Or are you allergic to the oils in coffee and not the caffeine? I can't DRINK coffee, it makes me ill. But I have fabulous effects and benefits from using it in scrubs and bath soaks. Up to you if you want to take a chance, but with 4 other wonderful options, why bother? Pick another!

I can't DRINK coffee, it makes me ill. But I have fabulous effects and benefits from using it in scrubs and bath soaks.

Hi Mara! I have to ask, a little off-topic, but I'm very interested...you see I have some cellulite on the back of my thighs, I didn't have it a year ago, and it is getting worse....I have to do something now, and I would really like to know what other effects and benefits have you gotten from coffee scrubs, and bath soaks? These bath soaks, what are they?

I think I might be getting 3 scrubbies, the cotton candy, the caramel cupcake and the coffee one.... I need them all! Jejeje...But knowing they will be part of the regular scrubby stock makes me happy!

omgomgomg... fights Tyvey for her spoon... some of these are SO goin' in the cart! I used the VERY LAST DROP of sugar scrub today, *cries*.... Thank you Mara!!!!!

The coffee grounds are great in a scrub not only for exfloliation, but caffeine is a diuretic so it helps to break down cellulite.

The coffee grounds are great in a scrub not only for exfloliation, but caffeine is a diuretic so it helps to break down cellulite.

And that's why I'm interested in using it. But it really is the caffeine. I drink decaf all the time and love it and do fine.

Gaby ~ Oh, I made some coffee bath soaks a few weeks ago but haven't finished the rest of the set i wanted to put out at the same time. May try to finish those tomorrow. They're listed as Magical Bath Bombs in the B&B area, but are like big tea bags of herbs, flowers, oils, salts, sugars, rose water and honey and other good stuff like that. Very luxurious!

Anyway, regarding other coffee benefits mentioned, when I first made the coffee scrubs when Luna? first suggested it, I found that it got rid of a skin condition that has bothered me most of my adult life, which is little bumps on my upper arms. One of the ladies, (Xev?) actually knew what the condition is called but I've forgotten, sorry. So the bumps mostly only go away the week of my period, so they are estrogen/hormonally related. When I use the coffee scrub they disappear no matter the time of month - they're just, poof! gone! Only thing that has ever worked for me like that - I was very impressed.

I'm sorry I am not an expert on the other issues you asked about...I have been too long out of the mainstream beauty industry, but Halo and Beccah seem to be rather on top of the product trends, perhaps they can offer you some advice?

I will be checking the coffee bath soaks, maybe not for this coming order, but anything that helps for my hideous cellulite is welcome!

Mara, Is it queratosis? I've had it since I was a little girl, on the upper arms too, and as an adult it looks more like buried hairs...To be honest, I'm used to them by now, they don't bother me that much, they don't look good of course...but if this scrub can help me with these bumps too, then I will be super grateful to you! Thanks for sharing Mara, I have a cousin who has extreme keratosis on her entire back and can never wear any dresses or tops that show any skin on the back, I'll tell her about your scrub, I bet she'll want some...

About the cellulite, I'll ask the girls on The shop 'til you drop section...

Edited by Gabylicious

Keratosis Pilaris. My daughter has the worst case of it I have ever seen. Her dad had it too until his late 30s. Often people outgrow it in their 30s. PM thank you for telling me it cleared it up. The exfoliation clears out the hard plugs of keratin. They often suggest hydroxy acids for the same reason. It's all about exfoliation. Coffee is a lot cheaper than hydroxy acids. Yay!

Sugar is the basis for glycolic acid (which is an alpha-hydroxy acid). In my opinion a good coffee and sugar scrub is a great cure for a myriad of skin woes.

when I first made the coffee scrubs when Luna? first suggested it

Begged and pleaded, you mean? :lol:

Aside from the Gourmet Butter scrub, I am planning to keep these in regular stock, rather than the Scrub of the Month or pick your own scent options.

:jumpforjoy: ...this is a very good thing!

They all sound amazing...I loved the coffee scrubs :)

Thus far I haven't been tempted to outright devour either of the sugar butter scrubs...it's more like, "Oh, while I'm scrubbing my lips I'll just have a little taste," kinda thing. Although the look on Qunce's face when he discovered he could actually taste it (and that it tasted good) was priceless. :lol:

I want to eat the sugar scrub now.

I actually made cupcakes this weekend, I was inspired by Lady Suzy's Birthday Cupcake. They are the Funfetti kind from Pilsbury.

I brought them to work so I wouldn't eat them and they are staring at me..

*psst*

I think you have to take them out of your cube for the whole not-eating thing to work. :lol:

Just worked out the Domestic shipping rates for these and it's high, because they are heavy.

The postal cost for each averages $9.32 for ONE jar, but a Medium Flat Rate Priority box will hold up to TEN jars for the flat fee of $10.85.

As such, it makes sense to order a few at once, or maybe if you live close to another buyer, have a package sent to only one location.

Going to work out the Int'l shipping in a few minutes and will post again....

1 scrub, sent to UK or Germany (just for examples) will cost $13.17. (Amazing that it's barely more than USA - our domestic prices have gone up so much it's ridiculous.)

A Medium Flat Rate Priority International box that will hold 10 scrubs will cost $47.95

-------------

Canada rates: $7.45 for one scrub, and $32.95 for the flat rate box

(niiiiice. cheaper to send one to Canada than to NY. Wow)

See when I think of "mule," well...how in the world could you fit a scrub container up there?! :lol:

Remember my hole is broken. I could probably fit a tub o scrubs in there right now

Jajajaja....LoL!!! Ay, Lady V, que me muero de la risaaaa

Can't wait for the scrubs, If I could I would buy one of each, but I can't...scrub mules sound like a good idea...