Love Potion: Passion & Desire

luna65

As we know, this is a variant which is a combination of LP Red and LP Black.

Red is predominantly cinnamon for most people, I think: a very sexy spicy sweetness. The brew I originally tried was actually rather soft on me....like cinnamon toast if it were a skin scent. Later brews definitely had more Vavoom! Black has always always been, as I coined it, "sexed-up buttercreme." Sooooo SEXAH (which is different from sexy, you see). Slutty brown sugar in the morning after.

Also as we know, people have been layering Red and Black together and it makes for a super delicious variant of its' own. The cinnamon and brown sugar seem to be the strongest notes but the Love Potion characteristic of the base - creamy and thick and sugary around the edges - is like the setting for the jewel: it's there underneath and around the sides, but rouge et noir is the centerpiece. It's very potent, amazing sillage. Anyone you know who responds well to either scent will be slayed by the combination. In fact, much like when I layer them, it's a little too potent in the beginning. But it behaves much the same in combination...after about an hour it's just sooooo wonderful; lickable sexy gourmand which is something more than merely foody. It has a personality all its' own even as it is an enthralling combination of the two.

The Love Potion base is just one moment of olfactory genius...but the real genius is that the moment can be reimagined over and over and even combined and is something potentially fantastic each time.

Like this. :666:

Edited by luna65

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Love Potion base is just one moment of olfactory genius...but the real genius is that the moment can be reimagined over and over and even combined and is something potentially fantastic each time.

This makes me extremely glad I got a bottle, and even more extremely anxious for it to reach my doorstep! :)

Edited by Invidiana

As I adore LP Red & enjoy LP Black. The combo is beautiful, I kept reapplying just to enjoy the smell. Since I gifted away my last bottle of LP Red ( I'll never do that w/out a backup again!) I'm really torn between P&D, & Red........

I just tested this one today. I'm an hour in and to my total surprise, the cinnamon in this charmer amps up beautifully. The patchouli fades softly into the background in a gentle mix of what seems like vanilla and brown sugar. Those two don't generally last on me so even that there's a hint of them is pleasantly surprising. What I wanted most from this was was a cinnamon that lasts with the patchouli, and Mara has outdone herself here. Pure magic. In fact, I think the cinnamon here seems to be lasting even better than the strength in Red on me, which is my own wonky chemistry. The cinnamon is softening after an hour but it's still here. I hope it stay a while. Yum!

I really loved the fact that this isn't a clone of either, to myself at least. I found that for me, the LP Black influence was more present than LP Red. There was mostly musky tones of sugar, vanilla and patchouli with a hint of cinnamon. I thought LP Red was lighter for me than LP Black. Love Potion Black could become heavy if I applied it too heavily. Love Potion: Passion and Desire strikes a good balance between the both of them.

Shamefully, I have never tried LP Black..I don't think. But I like LP Red.

LP: Passion & Desire goes on much like Sexology for me, all dirty brown sugar and spice. Then starts to bloom with the other LP notes. I could just roll myself in this until I was a gooey fragranced yummy-pop.

Um...as far as reviews go that was useless, I know, but there it is.

Shamefully, I have never tried LP Black..I don't think. But I like LP Red.

Shame on you Pony! You MUST try LP Black....seriously! I say that even though I enjoy and adore all of the new fragrances coming out every month, as long as Mara never stops making LP Black, I would be satisfied!

That said, I always have loved Red and Black layered, because Red just never was quite dark enough to suit my tastes.....I know I will definitely be trying Passion & Desire.....

Shame on you Pony! You MUST try LP Black....seriously!

Okay fine, I caved in to the LPeer pressure and put a sample in my latest order....

I will no doubt want to roll myself all in LP Black too.

But really, LP:PD is mighty yummisexy.

This will be my next full bottle, for sure! Even though I SAID I wasn't gonna buy anything more than pheros for a while.....I can't resist!

Darn my skin chemistry!!

All I get is honeycomb...which on me smells like rank honeycomb :666: And I was soo sure I'd love this that I had it boosted with BI

That frownie cracks me up! Hey Rosebud, one woman's trash is another's treasure.......

Based on the reviews.....AND on what I know Red and Black smell like layered, I have ordered two bottle of this as yet unsniffed.....I have lost my mind once again!

Based on the reviews.....AND on what I know Red and Black smell like layered, I have ordered two bottle of this as yet unsniffed.....I have lost my mind once again!

I may have to add this one to the "Want List" too......sigh. I need to be a kept woman.

I bought two bottles, unsniffed, and am so glad I did! This scent is absolutely intoxicating! I am in love with myself!

I made myself a little spray of this added to BI and a tad of my bottle of perfumer's alcohol...wearing that today!

I am planning to add some to my Leather 2X and see what shakes loose when I visit with my sweetie this weekend!

I am planning to add some to my Leather 2X and see what shakes loose when I visit with my sweetie this weekend!

Cruel,cruel woman.

I cant keep up with all your latest sucesses with this stuff.

Between you and Shelly Im looking for a country where its legal to sell kidneys.

You can live with half a liver,right?

Cruel,cruel woman.

I cant keep up with all your latest sucesses with this stuff.

Between you and Shelly Im looking for a country where its legal to sell kidneys.

You can live with half a liver,right?

LOL......I love this stuff......

I just blended half of my bottle of 2X Leather spray with about half a bottle of Passion and Desire, and added some EoW.....O!M!F!G! I could bathe in this.....

Edited by Dolly

LOL......I love this stuff......

I just blended half of my bottle of 2X Leather spray with about half a bottle of Passion and Desire, and added some EoW.....O!M!F!G! I could bathe in this.....

I will add that this scent, whether in oil or in the alcohol, is a different feel on me than red or black, or even the two layered.....black on me is all dark & resinous with dark vanilla.....I never do get much brown sugar with Black.....Red, on me is mostly cinnamon......

With P & D, I get an amping of the brown sugar, with cinnamon right behind it and the darker stuff underneath.....it is almost like Red and Black had an orgy with Sexology and created a love child! Very nicely done, and it will be a regular purchase of mine, I am sure!

I will add that this scent, whether in oil or in the alcohol, is a different feel on me than red or black, or even the two layered.....black on me is all dark & resinous with dark vanilla.....I never do get much brown sugar with Black.....Red, on me is mostly cinnamon......

With P & D, I get an amping of the brown sugar, with cinnamon right behind it and the darker stuff underneath.....it is almost like Red and Black had an orgy with Sexology and created a love child! Very nicely done, and it will be a regular purchase of mine, I am sure!

Yes! P&D is very different from Red and Black in wonderful ways but still reminiscent of Red and Black. It's a delicious scent. I love that spray and roll-on bring out different elements. It's like a two for one deal! Very nicely done indeed!

Yes! P&D is very different from Red and Black in wonderful ways but still reminiscent of Red and Black. It's a delicious scent. I love that spray and roll-on bring out different elements. It's like a two for one deal! Very nicely done indeed!

The longer I smell this one, the more I like it.....totally YUM!

The longer I smell this one, the more I like it.....totally YUM!

The first two times I wore it, (once in spray and once in roll-on), I liked it. Now, I really love how the cinnamon competes with the dark patchouli. Wearing Red and Black together it never had that kind of balance. That this stands apart from Red and Black layered is exactly what I was hoping for. I have a feeling I'm going to get this one amped with all my favorite pheros and then probably spray AND roll-on for certain pheros.

• 2 weeks later...

This scent is really sweet, and very rich. For some reason I was under the impression that I didn't like patchouli, but I have absolutely loved every Love Potion blend that has it in it. This has a lovely depth to it.