Love Potion: Passion & Desire

luna65

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. Was wondering, if the title starts with LP does that mean it's always going to be rebrewed? I was specifically thinking of LP Sunfire

Nope, there's only a few that are permanent. I make Ltd Eds around 4 times a year. LP Sunfire is all sold out.

Nope, there's only a few that are permanent. I make Ltd Eds around 4 times a year. LP Sunfire is all sold out.

CRAP! That was going to be on my next order! Is sunfire one that you make 4 times a year then?

I'm sorry no, I wasn't go to do Sunfire again. I am about to rebrew Passion and Desire tho. Sigh, I need to make new labels for pretty much all the 'permanent' ones, so I am procrastinating. The old labels don't fit the new templates.

Maybe I shouldn't chime in here.....but for the ladies who are confused, I THINK the permanent ones are #9, Original, Red, Black, Pink, and P & D.....am I right, Mara? The solstice blends are the ones that she usually does 4 times a year (spring, summer, fall, and winter), and each year they are different......

Did that help Raq?

Edited by Dolly

I hear you Raq. I need to slow down on my bottle now, it's half gone and I only got it a few months ago! This was an example of not liking something when I got my sample...getting a sniffee of it with an order and realizing it is my favorite!!! How does that happen? Anyway, grateful I did get one bottle before its demise.

I think I win the prize for "smallest LP stash" b/c I wait so long to make sure I really love something before I commit to a bottle. My LP budget is rather small compared to most here I think, so I have to choose wisely. I had loved Sunfire but for me it was a summer scent so I'd planned on ordering it this summer.

I don't know how that works when we use something, think we don't like it, then end up scrambling to hoard it! LOL. That happens with MRF. I absolutely LOVE it but others comment (without fail) that I smell like pipe tobacco. So I'd traded my bottle, and now I just ordered another sample of it in my last order because I miss it!

Go figure

Maybe I shouldn't chime in here.....but for the ladies who are confused, I THINK the permanent ones are #9, Original, Red, Black, Pink, and P & D.....am I right, Mara? The solstice blends are the ones that she usually does 4 times a year (spring, summer, fall, and winter), and each year they are different......

Did that help Raq?

Oh, and I think Pherogirl is permanent as well......

That's correct, thanks Dolly! HUGZ!

HUGS to you sweetie!!!! MUAH! :Emoticons0804:

I don't know how that works when we use something, think we don't like it, then end up scrambling to hoard it! LOL. That happens with MRF. I absolutely LOVE it but others comment (without fail) that I smell like pipe tobacco. So I'd traded my bottle, and now I just ordered another sample of it in my last order because I miss it!

LOL you're not alone...I've done that more than once... I've ordered samples or bottles, traded them away, and then bought more bottles...every time I think to myself that the LPMP castledwellers must be like WTF IS SHE DOING

I hope the re-brew isn't going to be too different.

I imagine that Mara will keep it as close to the original as possible, if the sources remain the same,

LOL you're not alone...I've done that more than once... I've ordered samples or bottles, traded them away, and then bought more bottles...every time I think to myself that the LPMP castledwellers must be like WTF IS SHE DOING

I do this times a thousand. I'm on the fence about this one. I love LP black more than LP Red. and I don't know if I like the mix of these two together. Both times I have tested LP P and D,. it came out very peppery on me, and spicy but not a good spice.

I feel like I had too many weapons for battle. I do like being prepared, but this was like carrying a bazooka and a sniper riffle

Do I need both at the same time?

Also sugared honeycomb is permanent, right?

That too......

• 1 month later...

This happened to me too I traded away my samples. Then I just came across one recently and maybe it has aged, but now it's GREAT! Before it smelled like dirt. NOw it's very brown sugar, and just a hint of patchouli. Very sexy so maybe keep it around for awhile.

I LOVE this. One of my favorite scents I've tried so far. When I first applied it I though, "Meh...it's alright." as I don't care for spicey smelling notes. But for the love of me I could NOT unglue my sniffer from my wrist.

Underneath the spice is a smooth creamy vanilla and brown sugar and if I inhale deeply I get a tiny whiff of cinnamon. I LOVE THIS. Much much more than LP Red.

• 1 month later...

I know! It totally works together. I'm not an LP black fan either. Do you get any chocolate?

No chocolate for me, but I'm glad because I can't do most chocolate scents. Although to be honest, unless a scent is predominately one note, I have a hard time figuring out what I'm smelling. I just go, oh yes this smells good, or no, this is bad, LOL. My sniffer is not advanced :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

Got a sample of this in my last order. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do! This scent reminds me of tootsie pops! In a delicious good way. I need a full bottle now. Is this scent permanent?

Mara had said, previously, that she will continue to make it as long as there is demand. I know that I love Black (my absolute fave of the permanent line), and I really like Red, but I like P & D more than Red, I think.