DHEAS

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a bottle of this last week, can't wait to try it out! And I went with this instead of Topper because to much A-nol is bad for me. I really need to try something heavy in B-nol.

Will report back later :)

I'm the same, I have to go light on alpha androstenol. But too much beta androstenol is equally scary, maybe even more so because it has such an emotional component in it for me. The key to all of them is moderation!

I'm the same, I have to go light on alpha androstenol. But too much beta androstenol is equally scary, maybe even more so because it has such an emotional component in it for me. The key to all of them is moderation!

I wonder if the fact that we have both been clinically depressed before has something to do with our sensitivities?

I wonder if the fact that we have both been clinically depressed before has something to do with our sensitivities?

Hey, me too - depression and an a-nol lightweight! How interesting....

It's very interesting. I wonder if there's more info on the Internet?? I will look...

How interesting. I'm also very sensitive to caffeine and such stimulants. Even black tea is too much caffeine for me. I just figured I was sensitive all around, to both chemicals and emotions (which is really just chemicals...)

How interesting. I'm also very sensitive to caffeine and such stimulants. Even black tea is too much caffeine for me. I just figured I was sensitive all around, to both chemicals and emotions (which is really just chemicals...)

Now caffeine doesn't bother me, but I have ADHD, so stimulants work differently for me...calms me down! I can even drink a cup before bed.

I did look briefly online, but I really didn't find much about a connection between depression and phero sensitivities. When I have more time I'll look again.

Now caffeine doesn't bother me, but I have ADHD, so stimulants work differently for me...calms me down! I can even drink a cup before bed.

I did look briefly online, but I really didn't find much about a connection between depression and phero sensitivities. When I have more time I'll look again.

I don't think you're going to find much in the way of research in this area. Most of the scientific community is of the opinion that pheromones serve no purpose in human beings & generally view pheromone companies as snake oil peddlers.

I don't think you're going to find much in the way of research in this area. Most of the scientific community is of the opinion that pheromones serve no purpose in human beings & generally view pheromone companies as snake oil peddlers.

Yet another reason I need to get back in to college someday...

To be fair, there are phero companies that are less than ethical, but then again it isn't like the sciences and academia are free of frauds and other problems either.

My daughter has ADHD and when she was little I would give her a coke before she went to bed to calm her down, my relatives thought I was nuts but it worked....

To be fair, there are phero companies that are less than ethical, but then again it isn't like the sciences and academia are free of frauds and other problems either.

I'm with Queen of Swords on this one. I ran across a LOT of "snake oil" before having the incredibly good fortune to learn about LP and a (very) few others. If they want to call this snake oil, then it is the most gloriously scented and productive snake oil I have ever experienced :lol:

Once science and academia realize they are the journey to the answers and not always the sole conclusion...we'll be great!

My husband says I have ADOS (Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!) and am easily distracted anywhere, anytime by it...do they have anything for that? :blink: Caffeine is not an option! :wacko: I was actually eying up Focus Potion...

My husband says I have ADOS (Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!) and am easily distracted anywhere, anytime by it...do they have anything for that? :blink: Caffeine is not an option! :wacko: I was actually eying up Focus Potion...

Hee...there goes a rabbit :D

...sure try Focus Potion,why not? :)

I'm with Queen of Swords on this one. I ran across a LOT of "snake oil" before having the incredibly good fortune to learn about LP and a (very) few others. If they want to call this snake oil, then it is the most gloriously scented and productive snake oil I have ever experienced :lol:

I haven't even heard of pheros as something trendy until LPMP, blame it on the Bohemian Cats promotional. I'm glad this was my first shot at it since a lot of the other types of companies I googled with few exceptions seemed pretty slimy.

My daughter has ADHD and when she was little I would give her a coke before she went to bed to calm her down, my relatives thought I was nuts but it worked....

So weird how that works the opposite way for us ADD peeps...It's kinda cool to be able to drink caffeinated beverages, and not have to worry about how late it is!

Once science and academia realize they are the journey to the answers and not always the sole conclusion...we'll be great!

I got super lucky and found LPMP first! I was on the Lush Cosmetic forum, and saw a thread about LP, so I checked them out because I was curious and now I'm hooked!! And I did the same thing you did, by placing a few orders within a two week period, before I figured out that was not a good thing to do...Whoops!

Your hubby is funny! I always describe myself by saying, oh look a butterfly!! :smiley-laughing024:

I suspect one of the reasons for the closed mindedness about pheromones is the implication that us humans have more in common with a lot of other members of the animal kingdom, which wouldn't thrill a lot of people.

I'm glad this was my first shot at it since a lot of the other types of companies I googled with few exceptions seemed pretty slimy.

Amen Sista! I only wish I could say the same about LP being my 1st shot...I would never have bothered with any others. Seriously- everything I will ever want/need/desire is right here! There's no comparison. Period. :love:

:lol: Yer hubby's funny!

Yup :lol: He's a keeper :D

Hee...there goes a rabbit :D

...sure try Focus Potion,why not? :)

:spank01515: Naughty bunny! :lol:

I suspect one of the reasons for the closed mindedness about pheromones is the implication that us humans have more in common with a lot of other members of the animal kingdom, which wouldn't thrill a lot of people.

Yeah, well you know, we're all carbon based life forms ;)

I did it, I pulled the trigger & ordered some DHEAS @ 25K mcg per bottle.

Edited by Beccah

I did it, I pulled the trigger & ordered some DHEAS @ 25K mcg per bottle.

:it-s-a-beautiful-thing: Welcome to the fan club! :Emoticons0424:

Lolz, you had me at Topper!

Oh yeah! It's very complimentary to any blend that's A-nol heavy, I expect that's what the Topper effect would be? Had on DHEAS today, 1 spray to hair, 1 to shirt. Had on a Stone Cougar/Perfect Match mix at neck, wrists & backs of hands. Great effects, noticeably on others but for me too...I sure likes dem self effects!lol!

Happy experimenting!

I got the lower mcg bottle, I couldn't decide, plus I wanted other goodies. Does anyone know how much difference in how much you apply etc between the higher and lower DHEAS? It's late, am I making sense?

That's a great question! I know I'm tempted by the higher doses but I keep reading that "less is more" quite often and I wonder that it's the "greedy consumer mentality" in me that wants the higher mcgs when, possibly in reality, the lower mcgs are just fine??? Since I'm still learning the ropes I'm sticking with the lower doses for now.

When I see stuff like, x2 & x3 bottles, the only thing I'm thinking is that the bottle will- theoretically, to me- last 2 to 3 times longer because I'll have to spray less to get more. Is that the idea? As we progress in our phero understanding we learn our tolerances and then can pay what turns out to be a kind of discount price for the higher mcg of the thing we really like and/or use often. Am I even close? This is ALL just theory here... :huh:

Nutrix hit the nail on the head!! I think it totally depends on you. if you find yourself using 4 or 5 sprays every time of the lower dose, then you might consider the bigger one for more bang for your buck. It only takes me two sprays so i'm content with the smaller mcg bottle. As you get more comfortable with pheros, you'll start to learn your tolerances.

I got the lower mcg bottle, I couldn't decide, plus I wanted other goodies. Does anyone know how much difference in how much you apply etc between the higher and lower DHEAS? It's late, am I making sense?

Well....Shelly B. is a mega-doser & she informed us on Facebook that a dose over 400 mcg pushed her into an oxytocin let down. FYI: oxytocin releases during orgasm, nursing, & labor. K, double checked & yeah, I wouldn't go over 400 mcgs at a time.

That's a great question! I know I'm tempted by the higher doses but I keep reading that "less is more" quite often and I wonder that it's the "greedy consumer mentality" in me that wants the higher mcgs when, possibly in reality, the lower mcgs are just fine??? Since I'm still learning the ropes I'm sticking with the lower doses for now.

When I see stuff like, x2 & x3 bottles, the only thing I'm thinking is that the bottle will- theoretically, to me- last 2 to 3 times longer because I'll have to spray less to get more. Is that the idea? As we progress in our phero understanding we learn our tolerances and then can pay what turns out to be a kind of discount price for the higher mcg of the thing we really like and/or use often. Am I even close? This is ALL just theory here... :huh:

Well, actually, you are ​saving money going with the higher doses, or adding the pheromones into your perfumes. In my nearly 4 yrs. of experimenting with the pheromones here & elsewhere, I've often found that I get better self effects from the 333 mcg per bottle strengths. SO often responds better to the lower dosage as well.

Well, actually, you are ​saving money going with the higher doses, or adding the pheromones into your perfumes. In my nearly 4 yrs. of experimenting with the pheromones here & elsewhere, I've often found that I get better self effects from the 333 mcg per bottle strengths. SO often responds better to the lower dosage as well.

The voice of experience! That's what I'm looking for :D AND another vote for "less is more" :lol: Thanks Beccah.

I'm beginning to wrap my head around the "intent" idea LP has. Matching the pheromone blend to the scents and how they compliment each other. The fragrance lures 'em in and the pheros do their thing and then the rest is ALL us LOL!

I have the lighter version of DHEAS and I usually wear a few sprays on my hair. The stronger version would save some sprays but with a lighter version you can split your sprays, for example one on hair, one on wrists, one one cleavage etc. That's also a good thing.

I have the lighter version of DHEAS and I usually wear a few sprays on my hair. The stronger version would save some sprays but with a lighter version you can split your sprays, for example one on hair, one on wrists, one one cleavage etc. That's also a good thing.

That seems to work for me too, 1 or 2 in hair, 1 or 2 to blouse- not more than 3 total so far...and I usually wuss out on spray 3 as a half spray lol. Wrists should be safe...I don't recall ever having acne there and I think I read that one of the ladies (Halo?) said she used it on her wrists with no breakout problems. I'm a big fan of pheros on my hands to get them out there but I've been careful with DHEAS and skin contact.

Still experimenting but the lighter version seems to be working juuust fine ^_^

I've been spraying it on my skin with no acne, and let me tell you, I've got the skin of a teenager, so don't be too frightened!

Good to know! I love to put stuff on my collarbone and neck, I've just been chicken! I don't use it everyday so maybe I'll brave up and at least try it a few times just to see...maybe I'll use a spritz or 2 with G2 today...help send those oil based pheros into the universe :lol:

Oh, yeah, me too. I usually end up spraying 2 sprays of something max & smooshing it around on all the areas I want it on. Although, occasionally if I'm going out or something, I'll spray a walk through spray, but I hold my breath so I'm not OD'ing myself.

Edited by Beccah

• 2 weeks later...

Why? Why would I do 3 sprays (well, 2.75) to my head, knowing I'm such a lightweight? It made me feel drained, Dark Crystal-like. Not tired really, just listless. Inert. Huge mental effort to go to do anything.

Why? Why would I do 3 sprays (well, 2.75) to my head, knowing I'm such a lightweight? It made me feel drained, Dark Crystal-like. Not tired really, just listless. Inert. Huge mental effort to go to do anything.

Uh, yeah. I'm with you on light weight status & I believe the proper description is found in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy: "It's like getting your brains smashed with a velvet wrapped gold brick."

Okay, so I'm an idiot! I probably used like 7-8 sprays! But actually I felt great. I was singing and dancing while driving, definitely not the norm for me. Just felt high on life! Went to a party (just one of those home selling ones) and noticed after I walked in, everyone got really chatty. Everyone was looking at catalogs when I walked in, no one was talking. Within 5 mins of my arrival, the girls were talking, laughing and telling funny stories. Not sure if it was the DHEAS, but it seemed like it was! On my drive home, I noticed my high was gone, and I was just tired. I only felt that way for about 30 mins, so not to bad of a crash, if that's what that was. Felt fine after that.

Beccah, what is Oxytocin let down?

Edited by Mrschrissyrez