Sugared Honeycomb

Gale

OOOOOOH, I just did this.....I made a dry oil with shea oil, cyclomethicone and sugared honeycomb.....omg....lightly scented, but completely and totally sexy..... ;)

Ooh Dolly, that sounds great...

I think I might like to try making a fragranced dry oil, approximately what proportions did you use those ingredients in?

May

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love honey perfumes...I'm a big fan of the original Phero Girl and some of my other favorites are "The Girls Love..." series from Possets and Queen Crossbones from Arcana but it's funny, when I first tried this it didn't work on me at all. It didn't have a scent I could actually define. I let it sit for a couple months and then when I next tried it...WOW! It's a delicious blend, but it's got a lot of nuance I didn't expect, some of the undertones from PG but less up-front. It's a smiley scent for me, it makes me happy.

Ooh Dolly, that sounds great...

I think I might like to try making a fragranced dry oil, approximately what proportions did you use those ingredients in?

May

Sorry I missed this question May......I used a 4 oz spray bottle.....Shea oil is VERY moisturizing......so, I didn't need to use too much of it.......I used 25% shea oil, 75% cyclomethicone, and about 2-3 ml of sugared honeycomb. Depending on which oil you use and how heavy you fragrance it, you can adjust any of those ingredients to your personal tastes. I don't like my moisturizers to feel greasy, so I use a lot of cyclo and less oil.....

Sorry I missed this question May......

I've been meaning to ask you as well, so I was very glad to see that May helped me out by asking herself (Kisses, or flowers, or bubbles, or whatever the cute little pot-bellied dragon is blowing, to May for asking... and to Dolly for sharing: :thumbup: )

I've been meaning to ask you as well, so I was very glad to see that May helped me out by asking herself (Kisses, or flowers, or bubbles, or whatever the cute little pot-bellied dragon is blowing, to May for asking... and to Dolly for sharing: :smilies-23596: )

Aww thanks for the bubbles Chai, and big thanks to Dolly for the info! :lock2ep:

May

Sugared Honeycomb is fabulous! This is a standout by far..wow it really smells like sex, that's like the first thing I thought of but it smells so so good! I cannot wait to wear this around my man...Nossa! every female should be lucky enough to have this...This is BELEZA!

Edited by Neve

Sugared Honeycomb is fabulous! This is a standout by far..wow it really smells like sex, that's like the first thing I thought of but it smells so so good! I cannot wait to wear this around my man...Nossa! every female should be lucky enough to have this...This is BELEZA!

Isn't is absolutely decadent? And, you can also use it to change the underlying feel of so many other scents by layering it.....it is one if the staples in my LP stash....

Isn't is absolutely decadent? And, you can also use it to change the underlying feel of so many other scents by layering it.....it is one if the staples in my LP stash....

Truly! I have NEVER smelled anything like this before...I'm almost a little afraid to wear it outside because it is so blatantly sexual...what a weapon this is. This will have men on their knees!!!! I'm curious how this will compare with honeyed seductions...

Truly! I have NEVER smelled anything like this before...I'm almost a little afraid to wear it outside because it is so blatantly sexual...what a weapon this is. This will have men on their knees!!!! I'm curious how this will compare with honeyed seductions...

Honeyed Seductions is absolutely fabulous....but very different from the straight sugared honeycomb.....it has violet, ambers, musk, vanilla, and that lucious honey.....and I can pick out practically all of those notes.....on me it is very thick and heady smelling.....you don't need much....it "wafts" very well.....

Edited by Dolly

Honeyed Seductions is absolutely fabulous....but very different from the straight sugared honeycomb.....it has violet, ambers, musk, vanilla, and that lucious honey.....and I can pick out practically all of those notes.....on me it is very thick and heady smelling.....you don't need much....it "wafts" very well.....

I knew I was going to LOVE Honeyed Seductions... simply because I LOVE Sugared Honeycomb and I LOVE Dark Seductions. This combination is exquisite and we have you to thank for suggesting it, Dolly :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

I was very interested to find that many of this month's scents are thick, heady, and long-lasting one me. I have posted that my skin seems to "eat" scents and I don't tend to get a great deal of dispersion from scents (in general, one has to be quite close to me in order to smell my perfume, even if I slather) yet, with this month's releases in particular, I have found that the scents diffuse extremely well (so much so with Super that I need only a smudge of the oil at wrists and cleavage) and last for an extended time.

It has become one of my staples as well for layering. I think Mara said it is a "staple" in their inventory as well, so it will always be readily available (Nice to know we don't have to worry about running out :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

Despite the craze for them here, I hadn't really paid much attention to the sugared scents. However as a fan of the original Phero Girl, I finally decided to order a sample of the sugared honeycomb with one of my more recent orders. It came in the mail this morning so I decided to try it out. Oh my god ladies, a sample just isn't going to do me. As soon as I'm able to order again, I will definately be getting a full size of this one.

Although this one and phero girl are both honey scents, I am amazed at how wonderfully distinct they are from each other. They are both so different yet still manage to be a yummy honey. So what does a girl do when she likes two fragrances so well? Layer them of course. I didn't leave home today without first applying my usual amount of PG and then covered it with honeycomb. A yum or a drool icon would be appropriate here.

Despite the craze for them here, I hadn't really paid much attention to the sugared scents. However as a fan of the original Phero Girl, I finally decided to order a sample of the sugared honeycomb with one of my more recent orders. It came in the mail this morning so I decided to try it out. Oh my god ladies, a sample just isn't going to do me. As soon as I'm able to order again, I will definately be getting a full size of this one.

Although this one and phero girl are both honey scents, I am amazed at how wonderfully distinct they are from each other. They are both so different yet still manage to be a yummy honey. So what does a girl do when she likes two fragrances so well? Layer them of course. I didn't leave home today without first applying my usual amount of PG and then covered it with honeycomb. A yum or a drool icon would be appropriate here.

Yes, Sugared Honeycomb is like that......just one sample won't do!

This is seriously sexy. For my money this should be the fragrance for the next phero blend. On it's own it knocks my, and others, socks off. With pheros? My, oh my, oh my....

May

Would you ladies PLEASE stop drooling? I already order too much!

Maybe we can all live together in the same PoorHouse?;-)

BTW- I have NEVER liked honied scents, before! Just THIS perfumers' honied scents! Now, I'm looking for a freakin' 12-Step Program!

Would you ladies PLEASE stop drooling? I already order too much!

Maybe we can all live together in the same PoorHouse?;-)

BTW- I have NEVER liked honied scents, before! Just THIS perfumers' honied scents! Now, I'm looking for a freakin' 12-Step Program!

Pythoness... forget the 12-step program.... just indulge... 'course, you may need to get a second job (or sell sex toys on the side... thank goodness its lucrative! :banana052: )

'course, you may need to get a second job

Or a third one.......

• 2 weeks later...

My sample vial is almost gone. WHAT.

When it first goes on, it smells like the flat ultra-smooth sweetness of pink bubblegum, but it settles down into a really rich, sugar-grain with an underside of musk and what almost smells as creamy as vanilla.

I don't think it really smells like honey, though. Maybe the most delicate suggestion of it, with a sweetness that's almost floral or fruit, but mostly just a combination of nose-individual sensuals you can't really describe.

I put some on today, though, and it reminded me of plastic. =( I really hope it's not a skin chemistry change or my actual nose changing smell perception, because I went ahead and just got a bottle. Oh well, I'll bathe in it once a month then.

EDIT: AHA. No, it just took a bit longer for the scent to soften up and it's so pettably sweet-soft now. <3 Love this stuff.

(I realize I LOVE the sugared note--it's my favorite part in the blends I love; I'm thinking of trying the Pure Sugar next time I get around to it.)

Argh. I'm in Australia (AMAZING) and I am trying to put myself on a budget. ...but I still got a full bottle. It's going to be a bit tortuous to wait for my package to be forwarded to me.

Edited by cinderfallen

I don't think it really smells like honey, though. Maybe the most delicate suggestion of it, with a sweetness that's almost floral or fruit, but mostly just a combination of nose-individual sensuals you can't really describe.

Oh, to me it smells like the pure, raw, unfiltered honey with the comb in it......I buy locally produced honey here in Louisiana for use in my soaps, and it smells like that.

On me, sugared honeycomb goes to a light, almost floral, after several hours of wear.....I love it!! It layers really well with other scents.....I use it in a dry oil body spray......makes a nice "undercurrent" to whatever scent I am wearing that day.

Dolly I read about your dry oil body spray in another thread. I'm just going to have to make a Sugared Honeycomb scented one for myself. If I could bathe myself in this scent I would. So why not spritz myself up instead?

:omgwtf:

Oh yeah, it worked beautifully.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm so getting a full bottle of this tommorrow when my dad adds some moolas to my account.

lol, omg, I don't want to be addicted!!! I've bought 2 full bottles already in less than a month...lol, and a third one is gonna come up soon!

Edited by esmeralda

I'm so getting a full bottle of this tommorrow when my dad adds some moolas to my account.

lol, omg, I don't want to be addicted!!! I've bought 2 full bottles already in less than a month...lol, and a third one is gonna come up soon!

you're gonna LOVE IT !!!

OMG, why did I wait so long to try this one?? It is absolutely lovely. The honey was very strong, but not overly so, when I first put this fragrance on. After an hour or so, it mellowed into a sweet, spicy, somewhat floral scent. I am so limited in my ability to describe scents . . . I wish I could convey how inviting this one is. I have a whole package of the July new releases to try, but I just can't stop sniffing the wrist that has Sugared Honeycomb on it.

This one goes on the full-bottle wish list for sure!

I received a sample about a month ago. I purchased a big bottle before and the two were different. The sample I got kind of smelled like honey but with coffee. I swear they weren't the same! Anyone notice this or was it some fluke?

Well, I haven't noticed any variations with this particular scent, but subsequent batches of scents can and sometimes do vary.....

The reason is that Mara and Danna use no chemical stabilizers or such, and the ingredients they use can vary slightly from batch to batch, so changes are normal.

Edited by Dolly

Right. When I first tried Sugared Honeycomb it didn't smell like anything on me, it was the weirdest thing. Once I let it age a couple months or so then I could smell what everyone was raving about. As I've said, my experience with the Sugared scents is that I have to let some of them age before I use them, because on first sniff/wear it's very much WTF.

Oh ma lawd!

This one is divine, I love it more than pherogirl (which I'm done already :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co )

This one is more richer and there is no bright note (which I wasn't fond of in pherogirl)

Is it sexy, dirty and omg yummy!!!! I love this one!

Oh ma lawd!

This one is divine, I love it more than pherogirl (which I'm done already :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co )

This one is more richer and there is no bright note (which I wasn't fond of in pherogirl)

Is it sexy, dirty and omg yummy!!!! I love this one!

That bright note was a problem for me in the original pherogirl.....the re-brew was much deeper and richer......

That bright note was a problem for me in the original pherogirl.....the re-brew was much deeper and richer......

Ah really?! but then it could be my wacky body chemistry :S

For me phero girl was intense, I could smell is across the room and it was bright, there was something high in there. Though I loved the richness it had. But I must say that sugar'd honey comb in ma winner! It's toned down, rich, and great for layering, I love it!

Ah really?! but then it could be my wacky body chemistry :S

For me phero girl was intense, I could smell is across the room and it was bright, there was something high in there. Though I loved the richness it had. But I must say that sugar'd honey comb in ma winner! It's toned down, rich, and great for layering, I love it!

Oh it is FAB for layering, for sure......I love it! And it does make a great base scent for using in a lotion or dry oil spray, like I do......

Aww Dolly! I agree!

I tried it with my unscented aveeno lotion (cause that's the only lotion I have currently! lol) last friday

At first it did some funky boozey note on me lol, my sister had to ask me if I sneaked in some of dad's drinks lol! I don't know, but the honey notes do funky business when it's wet on me. But the dry down is amazing!

But after 15mins, it smelled wonderful, it makes you feel like cleopatra taking a dip in honey instead of milk. It's a nice feeling!

I woke up the next morning smelling dried honeycomb and florals on my blankets (geeze these oils are really concentrated, it's unbelievable --- in a good way :)) And I was looking at the ceilings trying to sniff my wrists and blankets...I've become so weird recently. And I'm blaming this on LP! lol! (jk jk!)

No wonder why people say this stuff is "sex in a bottle"

Edited by esmeralda

I woke up the next morning smelling dried honeycomb and florals on my blankets (geeze these oils are really concentrated, it's unbelievable )

I leave traces of them everywhere I go, it seems.....

My fiancee told me that recently, every time his 11-year old daughter gets in the front seat of his car, she puts on the seat belt, and then pulls it up and starts sniffing it, saying that she smells me.....I checked the last time that I rode in his car, and there ARE very distinct traces of Dark Seductions and Dirty Sexy on that seatbelt.....

I get perfume on my seat belt too. Especially during the warm weather.

I love adding sugared Honeycomb to Sugared French Vanilla it is delicious, and I think the Honey gives it more throw and makes it sexier. I also added it to Winter solstice and it did the same lovely thing.

I get perfume on my seat belt too. Especially during the warm weather.

I love adding sugared Honeycomb to Sugared French Vanilla it is delicious, and I think the Honey gives it more throw and makes it sexier. I also added it to Winter solstice and it did the same lovely thing.

Ooh those sound like good combos, I am definetly going to have to try them!

Ooh those sound like good combos, I am definetly going to have to try them!

Yup just when I thought french vanilla couldn't get any better. I think sugared honeycomb mixes nicely with most things, today I tried it with lp red and I'm so happy.