Night of Delight

liz

AD-NightDelight-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516fd4

Night of Delight

We've captured a night of delirious enjoyment in this captivating unisex fragrance with a surprisingly erotically delicious quality…a heart of rich sweetened vanilla sandalwood is given an outdoorsy finish with fresh-cut hay and a sensual stir of three types of banana accord, making this one both frothy and deeply, irresistibly sexy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
HAY ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness.
BANANA ~ Fertility, potency, prosperity; lightens emotional burdens.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right off the bat...BAM...BANANA !!
Playful, flirty...then the Sandalwood and Hay rounds it off and becomes SEXY,
but keeps the "playful" in the background :hearts0425:

it screams to play w/Lace or Popularity Potion
I'm gonna play around with this one :sleazy: , definetly a keeper, VERRRRY NICE !!

think I may tweak this Sug'd Fried Bananas

Sure !

I guess I meant for me I probably wouldn't use Leather or SS4W or a straight out Come F**k me phero, but yeah any socializing/playful/kittenish phero would work well. I'd wear this to work and I don't use "strong" pheros there, those are reserved for "private" settings rrrr-er rrrr-er :666:

It's matter of preference in the long run :)

Edited by liz

Liz, you're so lucky, you received your perfumes already. I'm eagerly waiting for mine. Anyway, I have not included Night of Delight in my order, but after reading your review I think I should have ordered a sample, because it seems to be a really sexy scent.

Interesting! I never pegged bananas for sexy!

Oh yeah! Sweet - but not candied- banana is a definite sex bomb in the right blend.

Interesting! I never pegged bananas for sexy! Is this a lighter or heavier scent?

Oh yeah! Sweet - but not candied- banana is a definite sex bomb in the right blend.

Yep...what Mz Luna said :)

I tweak it w/Sug'd Fried Bananas cuz lately I can't get enough SUGARY SWEET !! :rolleyes:

Liz, you're so lucky, you received your perfumes already. I'm eagerly waiting for mine. Anyway, I have not included Night of Delight in my order, but after reading your review I think I should have ordered a sample, because it seems to be a really sexy scent.

aww...you'll get your goodies soon Snowflake :)

I got the sampler, Night of Delight was an unexpected LUV this Scent SURPRISE :w00t:

Edited by liz

I have to retest this, It did something weird. It went very sharp in the beginning, I couldn't tell what note that was, then it died, then there was very tiny snippets of hay left over. I didn't get any banana at all. I'll try again later, my skin was still asleep and coffee had not kicked in yet this am when I applied.

I didn't get any banana at all.

Really? Wow because on first sniff for me it was all :banana052: !

It's Dom Banana when he starts out sweetly romantic with the velvet-lined cuffs and silk neckties and the special feather duster for those nooks and crannies. :666:

Do you like this one Luna? I imagined it wouldn't be a YOU kind of scent.

LV, on me and to my nose, the banana doesn't come off as BANANA, it's like a creamy whip layer - yes, that: :banana052:

It's a truly left field kind of combo, but somehow, it's really alluring. I surprised myself with this one. I've always loved that fresh mown hay smell but it's not usually a note that tops the list in our community. I was trying to sneak it in there in an unusual guise. :666: I think it smells like 'creamy delicious man' but it smells great on my own skin - a nose to arm gluer fer sher!

LV, on me and to my nose, the banana doesn't come off as BANANA, it's like a creamy whip layer - yes, that: :banana052:

It's a truly left field kind of combo, but somehow, it's really alluring. I surprised myself with this one. I've always loved that fresh mown hay smell but it's not usually a note that tops the list in our community. I was trying to sneak it in there in an unusual guise. :666: I think it smells like 'creamy delicious man' but it smells great on my own skin - a nose to arm gluer fer sher!

No banana, unless the banana were wrapped in fire blue latex. It has a cool sharp type of thing for me. Like if you wrapped a banana in a PVC suit then burnt it over the stove and freeze dried it.

Yeah I remember you said that to me, but on first sniff I'm loving it! We'll have to see how it wears on me.

I plan on trying this today. At first sniff I didn't detect banana, just something foody and sexy. I had expected it to smell like a men's fragrance based on the description, but at least in the vial it doesn't. I'm excited to try

On me Night of Delight starts out smelling like a creamy banana smoothie, but as your nose peels this banana’s layers off, a sensual banana eventually emerges with hints of fresh hay. It is a very comforting, intimate and creamy scent!

To be honest, I was not expecting to like this potion because the mix of notes seemed so unusual, but I was so wrong…On my skin the banana note is quite distinctive, but it is not a ripe or green banana accord, but more of a smooth and creamy banana. In the opening I mostly smell mild banana in a VERY CREAMY combination of sandalwood and vanilla.

When I wear this I feel like I’m wrapped in a soothing layer of sandalwoody vanilla, and when the scent evolves the three types of banana accords gently peel the sensual layers of this scent’s true personality on my skin, one by one…until I get to the fresh Heno de Pravia scent I remember from my childhood-(a Spanish soap very popular in Mexico that smells exactly like fresh hay) that I associate with fresh masculinity.

This potion is very unisexy, very ‘’frothy’’ as Luna’s description says, and as you peel this scent’s layers off, you discover that it is not only wearable and comforting, but that it actually has a very sensual side that feels intimate and personal, like if it was part of your own scent…

I like it for myself, but I will test it on my Bf. Longevity is very good and it has a nice sillage. Another winner for me! :banana105:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

HAY ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness.

BANANA ~ Fertility, potency, prosperity; lightens emotional burdens.

So THIS was the banana one? I don't get any banana, but I keep bringing my arm up to my nose all day. I can't describe this one. It sort of reminds me of Far Far Away, thought there are not any of the same notes in it. It doesn't smell masculine at all. I think I mostly get the vanilla and sandalwood, with maybe some hay in the background. I don't like or dislike it. I would like to wear it a few times to see. It does last on me though and not in a cloying way.

Oh I friggin love this. Wet I get a lot of banana, but that quickly mellows out into a froth, like the others mentioned, over the vanilla and sandalwood with a breezy undertone of hay in the background. The sensuality of the vanilla and sandalwood warms up over time, but I think the combo with the hay and banana is what makes it really unique. I'd say it's more feminine on me than unisex, but I do tend to amp sweeter notes, especially vanilla. I wouldn't share this one with a dude anyway; I like it too much. :666:

Ruh-Roh... I handed this one over to the BF to try. I forgotted there was banamas! This could be a very interesting date night...

Naughty bananas! I'm testing this one on mine tonight too, Katz... :good-luck-1:

In as much as the banana sticks on me (and I like it), this is really floral on me, actually, with a bit of a green tinge. Banana-vanilla-floral, which is weird. I thought between the hay and the sandalwood I'd get more of a wood aura. I like it except that the sandalwood may - yet again - be migraine-enducing. I'm waiting for the full drydown to know for certain. I think if it has more of a green/woods impression on a guy he'd be happy to wear it.

*edit*

The drydown is primarily vanilla sandalwood on me, and the sandalwood remains a bit stab-y, sadly.

Dammit Mara! What have you *done* to me?!? I was once the controller of libido in this relationship... if I wore something sexy, I did so with purpose. Now? NOW?!

He has a weapon too! :o

Friday night, takeout Chinese, DVD...chillin' on the couch. I'm tired. I'm bone-ass tired. Earlier in the day we'd talked about missing the end of the DVD (wink-wink) but really, it seemed like I'd just end up watching the DVD another time just due to going to sleep. I'm wearing UN-Lumina, which till this point had us only cuddly (like CB without the Est bummer for me) and 2 dabs of Beth's Blushing Milkmaid. Nothing crazy. He comes back from the restroom and I offer to rub his shoulders...no big. Next thing, I'm smelling this incredible SCENT... this omg SCENT! 5 minutes later I'm tearing his clothes off and telling him to get his cute butt to my bedroom.

WTH? This stuff is banana sauce alright... :banana028:*

But seriously, it's amazing. It's banana - but like unripe green banana (due to the hay notes I'm guessing) it's got this clean, gently sweet thing going on. I could NOT take my nose off his chest... He left the vial with me, sweet torturer! He's getting a full bottle.

*we all know that banana is doing unspeakable things with that cow.

Dammit Mara! What have you *done* to me?!? I was once the controller of libido in this relationship... if I wore something sexy, I did so with purpose. Now? NOW?!

Friday night, takeout Chinese, DVD...chillin' on the couch. I'm tired. I'm bone-ass tired. Earlier in the day we'd talked about missing the end of the DVD (wink-wink) but really, it seemed like I'd just end up watching the DVD another time just due to going to sleep. I'm wearing UN-Lumina, which till this point had us only cuddly (like CB without the Est bummer for me) and 2 dabs of Beth's Blushing Milkmaid. Nothing crazy. He comes back from the restroom and I offer to rub his shoulders...no big. Next thing, I'm smelling this incredible SCENT... this omg SCENT! 5 minutes later I'm tearing his clothes off and telling him to get his cute butt to my bedroom.

WTH? This stuff is banana sauce alright... :banana028:*

But seriously, it's amazing. It's banana - but like unripe green banana (due to the hay notes I'm guessing) it's got this clean, gently sweet thing going on. I could NOT take my nose off his chest... He left the vial with me, sweet torturer! He's getting a full bottle.

*we all know that banana is doing unspeakable things with that cow.

Lol! Katz!!! Great review!

I sure can't top the review above. :)

This one is easily my favorite of this months selections. It doesn't SOUND like it should work as well as it does but it is really great. I was not expecting to like this because I have smelled many cloyingly fake not so great banana notes in scents over the years but to my nose, the banana isn't the most noticeable aspect of this fragrance. The sandalwood note used in this smells like the sandalwood oil I used in the 70's , the vanilla is rich without being bakery and the hay and bananas are used in a way that give familiar sandlalwood and vanilla a twist of strange.

Very inspired creation. Full bottle worthy, probably two.

Hmmm. On me this is ALL BANANA. Which is fine, I like banana. I once spilled The World on my sheets and it was the best week crawling into a banana peel to go to sleep. Banana is very comforting to me. Actually I'd like to find that empty vial (I know I kept it to keep sniffing) to kind of compare it to this.

BUT I LOVE sandlewood and I am not getting much at all. :(

Well I am going to let this potion age and stew in it's own juices for awhile and see what happens. If that sandalwood and hay comes out a bit more I think I will love this one!

eta: I would like to try this one on Michael but I know he won't like the label. I think he only wears Super because of the Superman label. I may sneak it one him somehow.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

Oh how the worm doth turn (so to speak)! ::666:

Well, look at it this way...just wait until you're both loaded for bear (as Dolly likes to say), what fun you'll have!

The sandalwood note used in this smells like the sandalwood oil I used in the 70's , the vanilla is rich without being bakery and the hay and bananas are used in a way that give familiar sandlalwood and vanilla a twist of strange.

Hey Blupest! Great review! I get lots of sandalwood too in Night of Delight and I'm so happy to read your opinion on it and how it smells like good old sandalwood from the 70's...Since many people think lots of perfumes don't smell like they used to due to reformulations and many ingredients being either watered down , so I'm glad to confirm I can still smell sandalwood as it is supposed to smell...I love this scent note, just found out lately and I'm totally crazy about it...

Ok, so I made my Bf wear this one on Friday night and it is to die for on him! The hay is very noticeable on his skin, very reminiscent of the Heno de Pravia (Hay from Pravia) a soap I mentioned in my review and that is inspired on the real scent of fresh cut hay...The banana is even milder on his skin, more subtle, he didn't love it but I did love it on him, so I might get a bottle and make him wear it for me...I plan on getting it and asking him to layer it with UN Wanted Man or UN Super Sexy for Men, so we'll see how naughty can this banana get... :666:

Hey MDC! My Bf saw the girl at the small label and complained a bit, but I still slathered him, hehe...But I think you could temporarily cover the label, 'cause guys do feel kind of akward when they think they are wearing girly perfumes, like mine also agrees to wear Super Man because he likes the label MDC... :rolleyes:

Ha! Yeah I think I can hide that label on the sample. Michael also loves Super because he won a big poker tournament wearing it so he thinks it's luck!

I sure am jealous of the sandalwood you guys are getting from this...but I think it may still reveal itself. I love sandalwood too.

Have you tried Trianon-esque, Gaby? I suspect you would like that one as much as I do...you should try a sample!

Ha! Yeah I think I can hide that label on the sample. Michael also loves Super because he won a big poker tournament wearing it so he thinks it's luck!

I sure am jealous of the sandalwood you guys are getting from this...but I think it may still reveal itself. I love sandalwood too.

Have you tried Trianon-esque, Gaby? I suspect you would like that one as much as I do...you should try a sample!

Hi, MDC! I'm gonna wear some of my Super for Man II for some poker luck then! I like to play poker too, do you play sweetie?

Trianon-esque is soooo pretty! It is one of the first LP I tried and IMO its floral beauty is a bit underrated, so now that my love for flowers is going strong I will re-sample it honey, thanks for reminding me! Now that my nose has become more attuned to sandalwood I have to check out the Mysore Sandalwood in Trianon...I recently found out that this type of sandalwood is so special that it is not used often by niche perfume houses and no mainstream fumes use it, so ladies we have the best of the best here at LP....

Mara is turning me from a sandalwood hater to a sandalwood slobberer. This is the sexiest f*n thing ever. Like Luna I get a Big White Floral thing up front, like big white lilies. Crazy right?? I suppose that's the sandalwood and hay maybe?? I was so surprised to look it up and see banana ...I have to sniff really hard and really exercise my imagination to pick up the banana at ALL. No hay. Just incredibly smoooth harmonious sexypie. It's soooo sultry. Don't let the notes 'er what?' you out of trying it. This is the Spark in the Dark, Sensual Harmony, Velvet Moss of the month.

Mara is turning me from a sandalwood hater to a sandalwood slobberer. This is the sexiest f*n thing ever. Like Luna I get a Big White Floral thing up front, like big white lilies. Crazy right?? I suppose that's the sandalwood and hay maybe?? I was so surprised to look it up and see banana ...I have to sniff really hard and really exercise my imagination to pick up the banana at ALL. No hay. Just incredibly smoooth harmonious sexypie. It's soooo sultry. Don't let the notes 'er what?' you out of trying it. This is the Spark in the Dark, Sensual Harmony, Velvet Moss of the month.

Mara turned me too from sandalwood scared to sandalwood lover. It always gave me sharp stabby headaches from other places but most of hers work on me.

Oh no - you can't go wrong with sandalwood, it is all good! This is purr worthy indeed. Wet I get a lot of hay, then banana and then a whisper of sandalwood. Dry it is sexy sandalwood, vanilla with whispers of banana and hay and it makes you think of naughty things...

This one is nice, I like it! ...it's different, at first it smelled like vanilla-banana, then it turned into something quite nice. I rarely like fruit scents, like Strawberry and stuff like that, and I'm not a big fan of florals, but this works! :)

I'm not a big fan of this one, but then I don't like sandalwood so that's not surprising. It is sweet sandalwood though, which helps a little. To me the banana just becomes a facet of the sandalwood, it changes it a little but it isn't enough to overwrite the note I don't enjoy in it. Still, good home will surely be found for it on the trade thread! :D

I reviewed this in phero's as mine is boosted with perfect match. I'd like to see more combos like this :)

ETA: as copied and pasted from my phero comments:

First off on skin this is banana, then bang...banana is gone, maybe it is a an inflatable banana that burst :P Then the hay really shoves to the front, and is quite cumin-y, and the feel I get is very masculine. That said I sort of like it, but am not sure about wearing it still. Then I think I'll try it in my hair, where the banana manages to stick around much much longer, and the sandalwood is dominant. I thought about putting this up for swaps but putting it in my hair saved it, I really like this. Think a really nice sandalwood incense with a hint of banana.

I just put two squirts on my fan blades, and now my bedroom is a scented perfect match paradise :D

I went straight for a bottle and have not smelt it un-boosted.

Edited by cinnamonmel

Soooo, I put this on my male friend tonight(perfect match boosted spray), he liked it and so did I, it was much nicer on him than on me, he amped the sandalwood right up, on me it was the hay. Reminded me of Gucci Rush for men that they discontinued that I loved to bits. I might treat him to some, he needs cheering up.