'Til Death

Gale

This was one I had a feeling about--and boy was I right! Not what I was expecting. No, even better.This is resins, woods, and sweetness. It isn't heavy, but it is dark. I'm certainly not putting this away for the Summer. I've only had it on for about 30 minutes. Just a dab, it's quite strong. I am questioning my ability to drive while wearing this. It's that distracting. I could hyperventilate trying to capture every nuance in one breath. Must not do this in public...

I will update if it changes during the course of the day.

This was one I had a feeling about--and boy was I right! Not what I was expecting. No, even better.This is resins, woods, and sweetness. It isn't heavy, but it is dark. I'm certainly not putting this away for the Summer. I've only had it on for about 30 minutes. Just a dab, it's quite strong. I am questioning my ability to drive while wearing this. It's that distracting. I could hyperventilate trying to capture every nuance in one breath. Must not do this in public...

I will update if it changes during the course of the day.

Yay! Yay! YAY!!

The reviews of the new scents have started... I LOVE this bit... more! More! MORE!

Thank You Gale!

:yeahthat:

May

PS... I think I may have hyperventilated a bit here... anyone got a brown paper bag? :hotjump:

PS... I think I may have hyperventilated a bit here... anyone got a brown paper bag? :TotakekeBannana:

Here May....I have an extra.....

You really must get a sample of this one......very dark, very unusual, yet very pretty.....and I think it would be quite wearable......I have been wearing it for a couple of hours now, and it really hasn't morphed very much since it started to dry down.....I like this one, very much......those of you who like the deeper darker side of perfumes NEED to try this one..... :D

Edited by Dolly

Here May....I have an extra.....

You really must get a sample of this one......very dark, very unusual, yet very pretty.....and I think it would be quite wearable......I have been wearing it for a couple of hours now, and it really hasn't morphed very much since it started to dry down.....I like this one, very much......those of you who like the deeper darker side of perfumes NEED to try this one..... :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

My parcel arrived this morning. (YAY!)

This perfume smells lovely in the bottle - however, my skin does unbelievably foul, foul, foul things to this... I bet it smells great on everyone else though...

I am gutted...

May

Edited by May

My parcel arrived this morning. (YAY!)

This perfume smells lovely in the bottle - however, my skin does unbelievably foul, foul, foul things to this... I bet it smells great on everyone else though...

I am gutted...

May

That's a shame May......maybe with some of the D5, it would stay more true.....

Personally, I love this scent.....it is very unique, deep, and utterly lovely.....

That's a shame May......maybe with some of the D5, it would stay more true.....

Personally, I love this scent.....it is very unique, deep, and utterly lovely.....

Dolly, my skin does such horrible - and I mean REALLY horrible things to this D5 does nothing...

Frankly, on me it instantly morphs and smells just like overwhelmingly strong, acrid, and past its sell-by-date curry powder. :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

I think I might need to avoid oud - I do horrible things to it AND then mega-amp it. I've showered and I still smell like a dodgy take-away.

I know it's just me - because it smells great in the bottle and on cotton wool.

May

Edited by May

Frankly, on me it instantly morphs and smells just like overwhelmingly strong, acrid, and past its sell-by-date curry powder. :banana052:

I'm so sorry it amps horribly on you, May. I know you had been considering getting a scent locket; perhaps this is one for you to use with the locket?

When I opened the vial for the Bears to sniff, they both immediately exclaimed "How wonderful! It smells like an Indian resturant!" Now, understand, we LOVE Indian food! And, it smells fantastic on their skins.

That's it ! Curry !!! Too bad it doesn't agree w/you May. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it or not (and I had purchased a full sz btl, oops), I tried it again, it started to grow on me, wore it to bed (I do remember having a peaceful sleep) woke up this a.m. and I could still smell it, toned down a bit, but still fragrant. Perhaps you could give it another try, but I suppose you know your chemistry better than anyone. Is it the 'oud' that gives this that 'curry-ish' scent/note ?

liz :banana052:

• 3 months later...

I have a vendetta against bad goth poetry, so I thought I'd give this one a try. It sounded too cute to pass up :onigiri_moon_sleep:

Well, I'd be hard-pressed to describe the actual frangrance as "cute"... it's dark and wet like a dreary forest, with the sort of dead, knocked-over trees that are covered in mushrooms, a brisk wind blowing through...

I'm bad at isolating/describing notes/scents, but that's the sort of mental image I get at first. It stays true for a very long time, too. But I like it best after about eight hours. After that time, it smells like brown sugar and other darkly sweet things, but that might just be my skin :winktongue: Upon application and for several long hours afterward, I don't get any of those sweet notes at all, so this transformation smells almost nothing like 'Til Death did originally. Very odd. Yummy though!

• 2 months later...

I love dark fragrances but they don't always like me. In the wet stage 'Til Death has a weird soapy thing going on, but once it dries down it's a lovely dark spicy veil (like, if I was a Goth I'd be wearing one to protect my ivory skin from the evil rays of the sun :P). However, I tested this on my OTL and it smells much better on him (although he made the curry joke too and I said "It's in your best interests to smell like curry, my good man."), so anyone who thought it was too dark for them might want to slather it on an XY instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Till Death…

In vial: burnt wood, old wood, incense, smoke.

On skin: copal! Lots of lovely copal, and this blend really shows it off and makes this intriguing resin note more recognisable to me. now I know what copal smells like on it’s own (or lightly supported by other notes). It’s a lovely dry resin, crumbly and smoky, a bit like frankincense but a tad sweeter, a little less piercing, or piercing in a different way? I’d say copal was more citron-like and frankincense leans more towards pine resin as a scent. I think I also smell the oud, which is what adds extra smoke and spice to the scent. the narcissus is just a whisper, but a soft hint of floral. but then the scent turns a little weird. It goes overwhelmingly smoky and sticky, and smells like maple syrup! I have no idea why I’m getting smoky maple here but I get that, as well as incense and dark wood. But there’s a hint of molasses or maple too. It’s nice, but I’m not keen on those syrupy scents for the most part. I was hoping this would be darker, less sweet, more incensy. Not bad though…and I do love the copal here.

• 3 months later...

So I recently snagged a sample of this. DH immediately swiped it from me upon seeing the label. So far he has worn it 3 times and it is HYPNOTIC on him. Just plain gorgeous! A tiny swipe lasts all day and develops into a scent that I can only explain as...hypnotic. The copal and oudh combined are a smooth, shaded woodsy feel. I can't really pick out the narcissus, but it must soften the woods. I was ill this weekend, and I came downstairs and DH was sitting in his office on the computer, with a heater blowing on his feet. It has heated the perfume up and the whole room had this lovely smell. I found myself sitting in a chair in his room just staring out at the winter garden...

I tried it on myself later, but sadly, as is usually the case, what is divine on DH morphs into a ghastly sin on me. I smelled like cheap laundry soap.

I'm on the prowl for another vial of this, as he is going to make good use of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh Nice. No curry on me, bless it.

I'll start by saying this potion ran a real marathon. 12 hours after application it was still hanging out with me, and that's a good thing as it's lovely.

The first 5 or 6 hours(on my skin), this is predominanently a big dark dessert. Like a Creme Brulee or a carrot cake with extra mollassas sans icing. Very deep and sweet.

I can DETECT the oud, copal, incense resins and what seems to be the smell of old books, but for the first half of the day those notes are wayyyyy in the background buried under the dark dessert.

Then, many hours later Til' Death pulls it's magic trick and the notes slowly pull a role reversal. NOW I'm getting the copal in 'copious' amounts (bad pun), and the oud wood, and incense. It's a non burning incense to my nose, no smoke. AND there IS an old book smell, by golly! I love that. I can't even tell ya how much.

The dessert is still there, it's just taking it's turn riding shotgun now.

Til' Death is Goth all the way. Sweetheart Goth. Dark Sweets, dark resins, dark woods, dark feel. Makes me wanna listen to Joy Division, The Smiths, The Cure. I loves it.

Take a bow ladies!

• 3 months later...

I am liking this even more than the first time I wore it.....I may have to look at getting a full bottle of this one.....deep, dark, and very unusual.....I love the oud....

Edited by Dolly

• 5 months later...

This stuff is just beautiful, with the smoke, resins and copal standing out and a hazy floral background. It's also pretty nomable, I must say--not "desserty" but just delicious to my nose. Emo-goth-sexy. When I find a bottle, I'm grabbing it! :666: