Fleur de Vanille

Gabylicious

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.

BIRD OF PARADISE ~ Beginnings, excitement, wonderment.

BIRCH LEAF ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.

MADONNA LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects, and breaks enchantments. Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement.

This is a salute to Madonna Lilies and Birds of Paradise! It opens with a soft, green herbaceous note and there’s the lily! I get the feeling of the whole flower, the petals, the green leaves and its stem. It is a defined, yet subtle, green herbaceous accord, extremely natural, with no green sharpness or stinky indolic facets that could overwhelm. After the lily, I get another hit of flowery pureness, it must be the Bird of Paradise nestled on a vanilla base. There's always this wonderful fresh green note hanging around, but non-foody vanilla balances the green vegetal aspects of this bouquet. I get a light powdery violet towards dry down. It morphs constantly and I love this! It takes unexpected vanilla-y twists and flowery turns, your nose will never get bored, it is truly beautiful and unique…

It has great longevity (wore it to sleep and it still lingers on my skin!) and good sillage. It is so Full Bottle worthy! It is perfect for wearing with a white summer dress and cute wedge espadrilles.

I adore the natural green scent that comes from real flowers and I think Mara achieved something really unique with this potion, she basically captured the real smell of a Lily flower and gave it a vanilla spin! It is sophisticated and refined, but unpretentious… It is subtle, unusual, ethereal, natural as a flower can be… When I wear this potion it makes me feel like a nymph, like if I was a real Fleur opening my petals, exuding my aromas...

Now see, even though I'm not a lily fan, if I weren't planning to get a sample, this would convince me! Exactly the kind of review I love to read!

@Luna....Oh yes, maybe this one will turn you into a Lily fan dear Luna! It is simply GORGEOUS....my fave of the month!

@Ravenwing...I haven't tried Whoopsie DaisyCake, but now I want to! From WD's description it seems to lean more on the foody/gourmand side with cakey vanilla?? Sounds lovely! And FdV feels vanilla-y but non-foody, very Lily-ish...

I am dying to try this out just for the Bird of Paradise note.... those are my favourite flowers looks-wise, but I never thought too much about their smell before. I think this will be really interesting - can't wait for my sampler to arrive!!

I have included this one in my order, too. Is the smell very green? I mean, more stems and leaves than lily blossoms? I like birds of paradise flowers, but honestly, I do not know how they smell. Can't wait to smell it.

Hi Snowflake! IMO it does smell like a real lily but with no sharp green edges, and it is not too green either, the vanilla rounds any edges the flower may have...Real Birds of Paradise smell greener than lilies according to my nose, but in FdV I get mostly lily...

@BlueBear...I love foody vanillas too, but I liked this one very much...I hope you like it!

Gaby another beautiful review!!!! I love lily I think, but I'm scared to try this because of the violet. Does the violet come out at all?

I have a sample but am totally frightened to put it on because sometimes violet gives me a headache and I want to scratch my skin off.

Great review, I can't wait until my sampler comes. I had full intentions of buying this as a full bottle unsniffed, but thought a sampler pack would make more sense while I figure out where my money stands once the mortgage starts next month.

Gaby another beautiful review!!!! I love lily I think, but I'm scared to try this because of the violet. Does the violet come out at all?

I have a sample but am totally frightened to put it on because sometimes violet gives me a headache and I want to scratch my skin off.

Sorry Lady V, I just read your post today, mmm I don't smell a lot of violet here...I got a touch of violet powderiness at the end but not much. It's mostly the lily and some Bird of Paradise that I get, oh and vanilla!

@ Elliebellikins...I want a Full Bottle of this baby!To be honest, I didn't think I would like this potion so much just from reading the description, but...Wow, this one just blew my socks off! I hope you like it too Ellie!

I know this is going to sound bizarre but besides some lovely heady white floral action going on here from the lily and vanilla, I get something coconutty going on, which makes this even better! Not even sure what's causing it; must be the way some combo of the notes reacts on my skin, but I love it. There's also a certain floral I can't quite pick out but sets this apart; I guess that's the Bird of Paradise? I've never actually smelled the flower before.

I want a full bottle of this too! I was worried, because sometimes vanilla can go plasticky on me. But the florals in this one just shine, and the vanilla is there as a warm background. So pretty!!

I thought I was going to absolutely adore this one, but it turns out it is far too green on me. I guess Birds of Paradise look better than they smell to me :( It softens on drydown and the vanilla comes out, but I'm not geting violet at all, which I was really looking forward to - unless the violet is just coming out as another green note for me. It is a soft, subtle smell and I could probably pull it off, but I don't love it like I do so many of the other scents this month.

Halo, I knew you would like it!!

I'm so happy that you, Invi and Molls like it so much! :wub:

My sister sampled it yesterday and she said it was exquisite! That's the exact word she used....She wants a FB for herself too!

My daughter sneezes whenever she gets close enough to sniff it. So I probably can't do a full bottle and I will have to wear it more in the Fall when she goes back to school. The green aspect reminds me of Pandamaniac in a way.

I gave this my full undivided attention yesterday, well in that I wore only this to work, well except for clothes - I wore those too. But anyway, I digress. What I am trying to say is that this is simply lovely. When I first put it on it was all lushious floral, exotic and exciting. A while later it had morphed into this slinky soft vanilla cloud of gorgeousness. It is now on my full bottle wish list for when I can get the pennies together.

This to me is the textbook NON FOODY vanilla. Sheer and true without sweetness - not a lot anyway. On me it's perfumey, lush, clean, lineny. One should have gallon vats of this hooked up to an atomizer for drenching one's beach house air.

Edited by tyvey

This one definitely didn't work for me, but then I didn't think it would. Still... I always try all my LP goodies as they arrive, it would be blasphemy not to LOL

I don't get any vanilla with this one which is a shame, I think it may have been a lovely scent (for those who like florals) if there was a touch more of the vanilla to soften and/or sweeten the scent. I get mostly lilies from this, and I have never been very good with lilies. They for some reason just smell very sharp and overpowering on me, and then there's that powdery thing going on in the background which I'm also not a huge fan of.

This one on me screams lilies on a background of powder. I can see how floral scent lovers would adore this one but sadly it's just not a Rosebud scent

First impression on the skin: a most beautiful vanilla cloud. After ten minutes already, the vanilla cloud almost disappeared. :huh: But the disappearing vanilla gives way to the violet and lily. The longer I wait, the more prominent becomes the violet. The scent reminds me of a PE: Ajia's Orchid? In Fleur De Vanille, there is no orchid, but scentwise I notice some similarity between those 2 perfumes. Now, I'm sniffing my arm again. Yes, it's floral, violet and lily, but a little bit of the vanilla is still there. This will most probably be one of my favourite perfumes for this summer. :thumb_up11:

Edited by snowflake

• 2 weeks later...

I love this one!! Fresh and clean, with just a touch of linen-y vanilla. It doesn't remind me of Whoopsy Daisycake, though. I find WD to be very foody, and this isn't at all to my nose.

ETA: Uh-oh, it's going a little hairspray now after about 20 minutes. But, just a little, it still might end up ok.

Edited by goddesslynne

I also recognize that aspect of clean, linen-like vanilla, which is a lovely base for this and gives it a powdery-soft sophisticated finish. The floral bouquet is beautiful, it makes me think a bit of Betrothal Potion. This is one of those "grown-up lady" fragrances which makes me want to put on a hat and gloves and go to High Tea, heh. It's not something I would wear regularly but it's a pretty wedding/garden party scent, for example.

Initially when I sampled this I loved the wet stage because I love lilies and that's what was blooming on me.. then it dried down and there was a bit of violet that poked through that I did not like, for some reason sometimes violet can be like a dog whistle for me, the good news is that is only for a short time, then it goes back to being very pretty. I can feel the freshness of the flower and the green stem.

The combination is very pretty and summery and I actually have found myself reaching for my sample and slathering. I keep telling myself that I am testing.. but the truth is this scent makes me feel shiny and new. Just like a virgin, like a Madonna.

I just can't decide whether I like this one or not. Or maybe it can't decide if it likes me? It's very pretty, but I don't think it's my kind of pretty. The flowers are a bit too sharp, and when I wear this I seem always on the verge of headache, so that is probably what's colouring my indecision. I love that the flowers float over the softness of the vanilla. Perhaps I just wish for a touch more vanilla to soften the florals. Yes. I think that's it.

Oddly, the first time I tested this, (when I got my sampler), I tested it on the same arm as Coconut Breeze. They smelled gorgeous together.

• 3 weeks later...

This is not as bad as I thought it would be initially smelling from the vial. It is definitely not for me but I kept it at HG's house because I like to try out floral scents there because I don't really wear them in my real life. So I just wore a tad and it was just kind of shampoo-y. Not bad.

You could add some Occo White to make it more vanilla-y.

First things first..I am NOT a floral kinda girl, but this is absolutely beautiful. Right out the bottle I smell the bird of paridise and it stays that way for an hour. Then after that, I can smell this sweet yummy powdery scent. I don't know what that is but I love it. Fleur de Vanille wears very close to the skin, so I don't feel like I'm overwhelming anyone with the smell, which always happen when I wear florals. I need a full bottle of this one for sure.

• 5 months later...

I think I am falling madly in love with this scent!. It smells so clean and sexy. It kind of reminds me a bit of Bodacious Musk, like a sophisticated clean type of sexy. I don't get too much violet at all, it;'s mostly a white and green type of smell, which is probably the lily and birds o' paradise.

LV -- yes! I just discovered this lovely hidden gem, too. I initially feared it would send up "old lady" floral vibes, but that didn't happen. Instead, it's this soft, clean scent that just gets better and softer the longer you wear it. I have tons of vanilla-based scents, LP and non-LP, and FDV is unlike any of them.

Looks like I'll be spending lotsa time on the trade sites hunting this one down!

LV -- yes! I just discovered this lovely hidden gem, too. I initially feared it would send up "old lady" floral vibes, but that didn't happen. Instead, it's this soft, clean scent that just gets better and softer the longer you wear it. I have tons of vanilla-based scents, LP and non-LP, and FDV is unlike any of them.

Looks like I'll be spending lotsa time on the trade sites hunting this one down!

I know what you mean about old lady floral- bodacious does that to me in the beginning- but this is pretty!!!

I will race you to the trading threads!