Fleur de Vanille

Gabylicious

WHAAAAAAT??!?!? OMG OMG OMG :jumpforjoy:

Thank you, Mara!!!

Oh good! I wanted to add that I applied this in the afternoon, when I got home last night and finally had time to sit down and relax, it was about 8:30 pm- this was after running around for 4 hours after work, grocery stores, Maria's and washing dishes-

I could still smell this!!!! It was still going strong! This is the energizer bunny of LPS no joke.

I don't know what led me to assume this was GGG. I just looked it up in the main perfumerie list, and . . . there it be!

We're saved, LV!

Edited by Just Ducky

• 1 month later...

I passed this one by when it first came out. Too many floral notes, a non-foody vanilla. Gabby almost got me with her wonderful description but in the end, I still opted out. WTF was I thinking?! On a whim with my last order, I got this as a forum freebie. This...is...gorgeous. The first thing I smelled was a soft, perfumey vanilla. Then lot's of floral, lush and exotic. I don't really know what lillies and birds of paradise smell like, but it was one or both of those. What I didn't smell was violet, which was good. Like lilacs, violets amp on me. After a couple of minutes, I got a wonderful watery greeness. The perfect amount of green to balance the floral. I know there isn't any, but there almost seems like a hint of sandalwood. I ordered a bottle of this, and I can't wait to slather for the spring and summer!

• 4 weeks later...

Just trying this out now so my review may change, but right now I am totally digging this for spring. The clean and softly floral scent is just begging for me to don a gauzy skirt and let my hair blow wild in the breeze. As long as this doesn't turn evil on me, I have a feeling I will be using this a lot in the warmer weather.

Edited by mcreepers

Arrgh, I keep forgetting to get a sample of this! I make loads of lists but then go all noodle brained when I place my order. Just placed an order this morning, but I know there will be another one soon. Crazy how one order naturally leads to another one, and another.....

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to getting a FB of this and I'm so glad I did! This is such a good scent to wear to work, to layer, and to phero up as well. I made a little spray with unCougar and it is sooo good. Floral, but just the right amount, with a vanilla that smells expensive. I recently had a business trip and wore it everyday even though I did travel with 5-6 LPs. Love this!

• 1 month later...

Invi, Bird of Paradise smells like a succulent, that kind of clarity. It's very watery and green-stem-like, similar to Aloe, but with a watery fresh swoosh of floral-ness (floriosity?) in it too.

That must be the "sheer" note I get. The Bird of Paradise and other florals don't stand out individually to me. Combined with the violet the floral in this smells faintly like a soft, light, non-pericey, Orchid'ish cent. The vanilla is very smooth, it's light, but has depth.

On me the scent is just sublimely soft, sheer and sexy. This is beautiful on its own and can be worn layered with cops, UN cuddle bunny and some scents.

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one that Stacy recommended to me and at first sniff, I liked it but I didn't know if I liked it enough for FB. So, I pull it out every now and then and put some on and I have to say that it's really grown on me. The last time I wore it I kept getting a whiff of something really nice and then I'd go "oh wait, that's FdV." So, needless to say, I have a bottle AND a back up reserved right now. Thanks Stacy for getting me started on this. I really think it must have been travel shock in the beginning because I've loved it ever since I just let it sit for awhile!! :D

It does have that vibe, huh? It's a very classy scent and not overpowering. I don't ever get the impression that this will travel across the room like some scents can on me. You can definitely tell there's vanilla in it but the floral changes the note so that it's neither a "vanilla scent" nor a "floral scent" per se. It's just a beautiful blend. I know I will be wearing this one to work a lot. Or maybe not a LOT since I only have two bottles and a sample but it will be loved often. ;)

One thing I have noticed is that I really do need to give scents time to dry down. Sometimes I will smell it on my skin while wet and think ... yeah, maybe not for me, but then about 20 minutes later I'm wondering what smells soooooo good. This is one of those. On wet, it's nice but not necessarily an instant love like LP Red was for me. But once the dry down is complete, it smells so wonderful and it's different from the initial impression.

I really can't decide on this one. I didn't like it one bit when I first receive this. It was the floral aspect which turned me off. I retested this a couple of nights ago and wore this to work today. It's very light and sophiscated and I like it. I can imagine wearing this now and a few years down the road. This is so light and has minimal throw as noted above and I foresee that I will refresh more often than most of my fruit and floral scents.

I have loved this for some time now and am so grateful it's on the sale list. I test drove this baby out on Saturday night and wooo hooo my whole soul smelled like lilies and vanilla. I felt elegant and refined on my couch barefoot and makeup melting

This is just the greatest.. I love that I grabbed a second FB. So pretty and femme. Nice to have a non foodie alternative vanilla.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so happy I got this one! Thanks to BlueBear and other ladies who recommended it!

Fleur de Vanille is the most delicate and graceful floral scent I ever smelled. First I get Bird of paradise and lily surrounded by that gorgeous dry vanilla. Floral notes in it would be quite bright and fresh on their own, but as soon as vanilla warms up on skin it makes everything else super soft and feminine. This scent makes me think of fairytale princesses and unicorns. It is very long lasting too, but gradually becomes less floral and more warm-skin-musky vanilla.

This is very sheer but crisp. The vanilla is gorgeous and non foody. It went very green on me- like green stems that have been snapped open and you can smell that watery freshness. The vanilla warms it up a little. A very lady like and elegant scent!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

This scent is so beautiful and elegant! Its a lovely clean vanilla with white florals. The vanilla and florals are perfectly balanced, I don't get one more than the other. It caught my eye when it first came out but I never tried it until now. I'm so glad I finally got a bottle! On drydown I get something almost smoky. Very interesting scent!