Gabylicious

WATERMELON ~ Water magic, fertility.

SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.

BLUE CHAMOMILE ~ Prosperity, calming & soothing. Love, peace, meditation.

SPEARMINT ~ Stimulates, energizes and uplifts. Love, purification, healing, psychism, creativity. Protects the home.

ROSEWATER ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.

BALSAMIC AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

This smells like real Agua Fresca de Sandia! It smells EXACTLY like freshly cut watermelon with icy water and sugar, it is incredibly sparkling and vibrant!

aguas-frescas.jpg

It opens with a fresh splash of juicy Watermelon and Rosewater followed by an airy, zesty note of lime that gives me an instant energetic lift! I think the Rosewater adds to the watery texture of the watermelon, it gives it a realistic depth if that makes sense. Then a very mild spearmint kicks in with an energizing minty tingly freshness, making me feel awake and refreshed. The addition of spearmint and sage do remind of a fresh Mojito.

Agua Fresca is as fresh as it gets, it is a totally uplifting and invigorating scent! This potion would be perfect in spray form, a few spritzes of this stuff and I bet you’ll instantly feel like you just took a refreshing bath infused with bright crisp watermelon and rosewater tonic…It is perfect for a hot summer! I liked it the first time I tested it, but now that I’m re-testing I think this is FB worthy!

I’ve drank Agua de Sandia every summer since I was a little girl, and I’m amazed at how perfectlywell Mara re-created this awesome beverage in wearable perfume. I expected to smell some watermelon jolly rancher, but instead I was surprised by the most accurate scent rendition of Agua de Sandia...

It has an amazing throw, but longevity is average so you may need to re-apply in extremely hot weather. I wouldn’t mind re-applying this one!

Gaby I grabbed some watermelon from the LA KINGS BUFFET BREAKFAST celebration we have going on at work because your review left me salivating. This is indeed Agua de Sandia! I love how clean and how good for me it smells! I was scared the balsamic amber might get vinegary on me but Mara and El Wiz know exactly what they are doing because it balances the scent and I don't smell any vinegar at all. Is balsamic vinegar vinegary ?

It does fade a bit fast, but as Gaby noted, I don't mind reapplying this one because it feels and smells so good!

This would be amazing in bath bubbles or shower gel!

LOL, the Balsamic Amber is not vinegary, and I was wondering why it was called that too. I think it's probably balsam - tree balsam. Amber is tree sap. Maybe it's a level of sappy maturity? Anyway, it's actually a very powdery amber.

Gaby, your reviews this month are WONDERFUL! I love your writing style! :)

Aww, thanks girls! Mara is to blame for making so many wonderful and inspiring potions!! :bow:

Lady V, I'm glad to read you like Agua de Sandia, it is salivating right? :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co Just like you said, and exactly like Mara's Agua Fresca!

Goddeslynne, yay for getting the whole sampler! This month and last month's releases have been INCREDIBLE! Usually I had 2 scent hits tops, but from the latest monthly samplers I've been liking up to 5 or 6 scents out of 10, that's a real bargain I think!

If you could perfume a version of fresh water and bottle it, this is what it would smell like, or at least this is what is smells like on me. I tend to be leery of watermelon as a rule but this just outshone all my expectations. There is a burst of fresh watermelon (not the candy type) at the beginning with a bit of spearmint, but everything settles down into a really airy, refreshing scent that takes on a "cool water on clean skin" feeling with the soft amber coming into play on the drydown. An unexpected winner for the warmer days ahead!

This is extremely fresh, watery, minty, and actually SMELLS cold, if that were possible. It reminds me a bit of anti-piggy but without the apple. I'm undecided if I like it or not, on one hand it is nice to smell fresh and cool, but I would rather smell "delicious". Maybe I just need to layer it with something. After all, with a mermaid on the front I'd better not give up on this one too quickly... ;)

actually SMELLS cold, if that were possible.

It's totally possible, I agree! I'm testing this scent today and I'm a bit bummed that the lasting power wasn't too long (I applied it 4 hours ago) but I have no problem reapplying this scent throughout the day!

I LOVE this one in the vial, and wet on my skin - it smells like watermelon water! Sweet, refreshing, cool... but unfortunately, it dries down to powdery nothing on my skin within minutes. I applied an hour ago, and there's practically nothing left. Certainly no fruitiness, just a slightly sweet powder. :(

This started out as fresh and juicy watermelon on me, then was replaced by a soft, herby powdery scent. I really wanted the watermelon part to last.

Yeah I love the way this starts out, it's totally that scent of a freshly-blended agua fresca! Very cool and refreshing. But the herbal aspect takes over fairly quicky for me, and then it turns powdery in the drydown. Based on that I would say this is absolutely unisex. It's not something I think I could wear, but I encourage the fellas to give it a try for summer.

• 2 weeks later...

The watermelon is a blast at first, so true I can feel that distinctive soft-crunchiness in my mouth. And that's all i get up front. Within about 15 minutes though it loses its literalness and it turns into a floral version of itself - very cool, feeling something THAT specific morph like that! I mean, imagine there's a flower called a watermelon-flower because it smells like watermelon..but the flower is definitely a White Flower. At least on me. The other notes come out and it melds into this very harmonious flower-powder thing, very conservative smelling. I could see this being an Estée Lauder summer scent. That isn't an insult- I've worn lots of EL varieties over the years.- but these days all my smellytime are belong to foody gloppy stuff so will be passing this little pretty on to others...

Edited by tyvey

I thought I'd reviewed this already, but it must be in my journal.

At the start I get strong sage - so strong it has a pine-like element. In under ten minutes, this softens. It sort of sparkles on my skin - I'm guessing this is the effect of mint and lime - and it has a pretty, cool feeling. When it finally dries I get an almost equal measure of rosewater and watermelon - both extremely sheer. This is the kind of perfume I'd want to wear when I *know* the weather will be cruelly hot, because it feels so light, and makes me feel a bit livelier, which is always a plus when the heat is oppressive.

I keep thinking this would be great paired with Open Windows.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I still have my sample of this. I haven't gotten a full bottle (it's on The List), but I loved it 'cause it even *feels* cool going on, and it's not too strong for my workplace. I kinda thought it might pair nicely with OW.

• 1 month later...

I have been eyeing this one as a nice refreshing summer scent! My sample did not disappoint! As my skin licked it up, I smell sweet light watermelon, mint, and a hint of citrus. I am going to have to look this beverage up now that my skin likes it so much... I bet my stomach will too! This is the perfect scent to cool you off during the summer heat.

I finally got a sample of this baby and I really love it, its the scent of beautiful enhanced watermelon water with mint and some lime grabbing at me... After about 10 minutes, I can feel the sparkling aspect of this coming out on me...its so great.