WINNIE'S ALMOND MUSK!

Lexy

Winnie's Almond Musk already had a special little place in my heart. Because when I called Mara to enquire about making a PE, she asked me what notes I had in mind, I said "Vanilla, White Musk and Almond" Mara said, "Wow, you will not believe this. I have the exact ingredients that you have just mentioned in front of me right now, I'm about to do a PE for someone else with the exact same notes!" So I feel like it was meant to be! lol

And oh boy! It came out beautiful. I think this is a very cozy, close to the skin, like-able fragrance. At first I thought it might be too heavy on the almond, giving it a cherry smell (reminded me of the Jergens Original cherry-almond lotion), but the strong almond faded and the musk and vanilla came thru. There is still a creaminess to it, but the musk balances it out. I've only had it on my skin for less than an hour but so far I really like it! Although I would not mind it being a tad bit heavier on the vanilla, but I'm a vanilla ho lol. I will definitely get a full bottle of this if it becomes available. Thank you Mara and Winnie!!

ok I've worn this all day now and I love it! ...It only got better as time went by. It smells very different than any other fragrance I have tried from LP, this is definitely one of my favorite scents!

Edited by Lexy

Yay, glad for you guys! So far, this wears a *little* sharp on my skin, the almond more strongly than the other notes, with a leaning towards a slight cherry evocation. Will update as the potion settles out.

I wore this yesterday again, I applied it quite heavy but I feel like the sillage on this one is not that good. I kept of sniffing at my wrists yearning to smell it, I truly love it, but I wish it had more projection (like Buns of Cinn). My son kept on asking to smell my wrist too, it was so cute.

Edited by Lexy

I got it, I got it! I would have done a little dance to show my excitement when I saw the box.

My daughter was surprised to see my name on the label. I tried hard to explain to her what a PE is about. Perhaps I'll have to make one for her.

The almond is a little on the strong side on application but it soon faded with the musk and vanilla coming through. I believe a non-foody vanilla was used as I left it to PM to decide. It is very light and lady-like. I'm pretty sure that I will be using this very often during the hot and humid summer.

I'll probably have to slather as I like to be able to smell my scent all the time. In fact, I might have to add some oil to my unscented body lotion as i can layer my scent. The musk and vanilla remind me of my favourite Denise's Musky White Orchid, minus the Orchid. Thanks PM for making this such a lovely scent!

This is absolutely perfect for any occasion. It's just so sheer and soft and sweet but not too sweet. There is a bit of a foody aspect to it from the vanilla and almond, but at the same time a more grown-up sophisticated aspect as well from the white musk. Love!

I absolutely love this. I wish this came out of my pores. At first I get strong, cherry-esque almond, but that quickly settles down to this yummy, warm sweet smell. All the notes blend together really well. On my skin, it smells somewhat similar to Halo's Angelique, (which I finally got the pleasure of smelling!!) but much, much sweeter and sheerer. Despite the notes, it doesn't smell foody on me at all and dries down to a very sophisticated, grown up but playful scent. It has a lot of throw on me, and lasts from morning until night. (And apparently rubbed off on my sheets. My bed smelled heavenly the next morning!)

Edited by BlueBear

I had wanted something foody at first. I wrote about it in one of the threads about some elements from New, Compromising Positions and T.M.I. Then as days go by, I added BBM into the picture. I had a hard time choosing the three accords as I know there are so many kinds of musk.

Finally, I decided on almond as during that period of time, my kids and I fell sick (cough) and I medicated them with an OTC Chinese medicine which has almonds in it. I could smell it every time I open the bottle.

I wanted the musk to be the star of the PE. I asked for a sensual, warm, cozy and feminime and skin-like scent which I want people to come closer to smell me. I wasn't sure if I needed a foody or non-foody vanilla so I left that to the master/mistress. Mara asked if I wanted white amber instead of white musk and since I have no idea what white amber is like, i stuck to what I know of, which is also very limited. I wanted it light, airy (i think) and long lasting. I did tell Mara that I didn't want the pink sugary scent that I get from some LPs.

It's probably my skin chemistry that my PE doesn't last on me. I tested on my arms for two nights in a row. Today's my daughter's and my first full test and we are already 1/3 above the label. I love this but I wish if it has a greater throw - and that's because of my wrong usage of adjectives when describing it to Mara.

Overall, I still love this! Thanks Mara for interpreting my words and thoughts and for making this come true!

I was thinking of doing a mango and chocolate PE for my birthday. I'll probably put that aside as I want to do a grown-up fruit and flora PE and an orchid PE.

It doesn't last long on me either JOC, I need to put my wrists, neck, etc of peoples nose so that they can smell it. Today I wore a ton, and I mean a TON of it and 2 hours later...nada. Maybe that's a good thing, because if it gave me sillage I would buy it by the gallon! lol

Edited by Lexy

Yeppers, liking this one A LOT! :heart: When I first put it on, I. AM. MARZIPAN. Which is utter eye-rolling delight for me! When it starts drying down, I start getting the vanilla and musk, and it's a beautiful combo. At long drydown, I end up with close-to-the-skin vanilla musk, and *that's* beautiful, too. Winnie, this is a lovely perfume! :D It's staying with me, too.

I'm envious of those who are able to smell it long after drydown. The musk is absolutely stunning! When I grow up, I want to ooze this from my pores! Lol!

JOC, I still need to take my time to do a proper review of your AMAZING PE! I love it so much, and I do plan to get a 2nd bottle, it is that good!

I wanted to say that it does last on me but I do moisturize a lot so maybe you could try that hun. You've mentioned before that you mix your unscented body lotion with LPs, could it work with your PE? Or maybe a scented vanilla body lotion would help the scent cling to your skin...

Sorry JOC, I just re-read this (the MWO) ...Mmm, tonight I will try my Vanilla Lace body lotion from Victoria's Secrets (very clean, non-foody vanilla) and I will layer your PE over it, we'll see how it goes...I'm r-etesting new perfumes tonight, woohooo! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I tried everything...from moisturizing my skin...to drinking a ton of water...to using almost half a bottle in my torso....and still, nobody could smell me. So I decided to use it on my clothes and that seemed to make a big difference! I'm able to smell it thru out the day when I wear it on my clothes, I get a nice whiff of it here and there, which is what I was longing for. :)

You're not alone, Lexy! Weird skin chemistry, isnt it? I'll have to try applying some oil on a small piece of cotton pad and place it in my bra or perhaps get a scent locket.

So weird how that works, Buns of Cinn lasts me days, especially on the nape of my neck. I like the clothes trick, thankfully that seems to really help. I also got a spray bottle with the pre-prepared alcohol so that I can turn my other bottle into spray, see if that makes a difference. :)

Edited by Lexy

What about your hair? I haven't tried wearing this on my hair but the oils usually last when applied on my hair. The other thing is that I apply the oil on body parts closer to my face, such as on my upper arm and shoulders so I can smell it when I turn my head. I just have to refresh often.

I wore this on Monday with great results. I truly slathered!! 3-4 maneuvers, up and down arms 3x, lower back, back of neck, legs...I figured that since a lot of us were finding it to disappear quickly this was my best shot. Oh, and a bit applied to my hair, too!

24 hours later, I could still detect it!! So, I think the key is generous application!! Also, I'm sure there's a "chemistry" component to the equation. I really love this, it's like a nice summer alternative to my Winter Dreams of the Goddess.

I did what you did, GL but I'm not ready to give up.

BTW, how different is this from your Winter Dreams of the Goddess?

I will do a side-by-side tomorrow when I have nothing else on my skin and let you know!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was eagerly waiting to try this one. Now it is here and I rolled it on my wrists and back of my hand. First impression: strong almond, almost bitter almond. I thought it might be too much almond, leaving no space for vanilla and musk. But after a short while the almond gave way to the most lovely musky vanilla scent. The bitter notes are completely gone. Now it's vanilla almond on a bed of musk. Lovely! May be I'll also try to layer it with some floral scent.

• 2 months later...

The musk and vanilla remind me of my favourite Denise's Musky White Orchid, minus the Orchid.

This sounds beautiful!!!! :o....

I'm rather surprised that no one who has tried this/wanted to try it mentioned being a fan of Lea St. Barth, which is the most famous version of this combination: almond, vanilla and musk.

I've found that the musk is more prominent in this with age. This has gotten really sexy. I was thinking it might be too sheer for my taste for the winter, but it's really warm, so I think I will. It's going to smell wonderful with my Christmasy scents!!