WINNIE'S ALMOND MUSK!

Lexy

My daughter wore this for dinner last night. My hub worked from home and I was too tired to go back out to the supermarket after arriving home from work with the kids so we asked the maid to focus on cleaning the house while we went out for dinner.

It was quite breezy last night and each time my daughter ran past me, I could smell the almond musk. It smells so good and natural on her, just like her skin. I have this strange habit of smelling her all the time.

You see, one of the perks of living in Asia is that domestic helpers are available at a "reasonable" rate. Where I live, the floor has to be mopped everyday (if I have a full time or live-in helper, I'd probably make her mop twice a day!) as it is that dusty! Back home, help is available easily as well but I think, as i left 10 years ago, i can go without help for a week.

I like to ventilate the house, i.e. to keep the windows or doors slightly open in spring, fall and sometimes winter so there's no way that i can have carpet from wall to wall and to allow anyone to walk with their (outdoor) shoes at home. I know that I am stereotyping, my daughter always point out to me about American actors/actresses wearing their shoes at home and jumping into bed with their shoes and clothes they wore out of the house. Yes, they have to change into clean clothes before they are allowed to go onto the beds and in seasons other than winter, I make them wash their feet once they get home.

I'm definitely jealous you can get help so easily! Such a great perk, for sure!

Funny thing about feet, but I'm very bothered when people wear shoes inside my house. I only wear slippers in my home. I wash my feet a lot, and I make sure my feet are clean before I get into bed. I even make my hubby clean his feet before bed too! Who wants to sleep in feet dirt, gross!

What's the norm in the US since you mentioned that you are bothered when people wear shoes into your house? Do you request them to remove their shoes and provide them home slippers?

I started wearing slippers at home a few years back to prevent the "coldness and yin" from entering my body. It also prevents me from bringing dirt to my bed. I dislike feeling bumps on my sheets.

The norm here is not me! Most people wear shoes in their homes. I don't ask people to remove their shoes because it's to much hassle, and because most people just feel weird when asked. I have been in a few homes where I've been asked, and I always comply, but no one here provides slippers, so your stuck walking inside someone else's home in your socks or worse your bare feet!

My mom has to wear shoes all day, she says she feels naked without them. Same with my Grandmother!

I remember watching the movie "The Geisha" and I loved how they would slip off their outside shoes and put on inside shoes/slippers once they entered a home or building. I love that movie, I need to watch it again.

Joc and Chrissy, I understand you so well. When I get home, I remove my outside shoes before I get in. During the cold season, I always wear only house-slippers inside the house. My friends & relatives do the same, but when other people come to my house (e.g. for electricity meter reading etc) I dare not ask them to remove their shoes but I feel embarassed when I see them with their dirty shoes on my carpet. I love the way of living in Asia, where it goes without saying that people remove their outside shoes before entering a house.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, MCR and to PM for selecting the ingredients. I'll have to think extra hard to recall if any of my LPs has almond accord before this was created.

I started the creation with musk in the caramel musk in mind. I wanted some amber to give it some depth but gwve that up to confine to 3 main ingredients. I knew the musk will be a combination of musks so I went with to almond, vanilla and musk.

The almond inspiration came from a Chinese medicine which is for soothing sore throat and cough. It tastes real good as its sweet and syrupy. It has the soft almond scent at the top and that was why I decided to have it added into the PE.

BB, this is what I was talking about.

http://www.helpofchinesemedicine.com/ChuanBeiPiPaGao.htm

I use it only as a preventative measure, i.e. when I feel that I have a scratchy throat, etc. Sometimes, I have some because it tastes so good. My daughter requests for more than what she should take (me too).

Edited by JOC

• 1 month later...

I've been wearing Winnie's Almond Musk all afternoon and evening. It. Has. Changed! I thought it was lovely when I got it months ago. Well, it has matured in a gorgeous way. I still get the same cycle of morphing, but the notes are all...better somehow. They're something more than they were before. It smells more developed, more sophisticated than before. I can't really explain it any better than that. Just wanted to say: LOVE. :):burning-heart:

ETA: RICHER. That's what I was trying to get at. It's the same, but richer. Yeah!!! It's like when you cook soups down to concentrate the flavor and make it pop. This perfume has done that by aging. YUMMY!!! :w00t:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I wanted a lot more almond from this. It's a nice almond blast at the wet stages but quickly vanishes. I am left with a subtle clean musk. Very light, very much a skin scent. It smells to be the same musk as Angelique.

Yes. Like Angelique without the depth. It must be the cocoa butter that makes it so rich.

I manage to hang on to the almond in this, though.

I wanted a lot more almond from this. It's a nice almond blast at the wet stages but quickly vanishes. I am left with a subtle clean musk. Very light, very much a skin scent. It smells to be the same musk as Angelique.

Me too, the almond vanishes quickly. I'm thinking of getting some almond base oil to slather under this.

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE this during the wet stage, OMG. I didn't realize how much I love almond! At first it's a punch of creamy, nutty, sweet indulgence but I think the musk is overpowering during the dry down though. When dry I only smell faint whiffs of the almond :( When I say it's overpowering I don't mean that the fragrance itself is an offensive or too strong perfume, I just mean that I fell in love with the initial almond in the bottle and now that it dries down, the musk is what overpowers the almond. The almond is just a whisper which still IS beautiful but I'd love it if there was more almond creaminess. This is still a beautiful scent though, very comforting, soft and pretty. I know if I ever do a PE I want loads of almond and some vanilla and sugar, something like that. This isn't my PE though so I don't mean to say it's wrong but just that it gave me inspiration to one day get my own done. This was made beautifully and I'm still going to use and treasure my sniffie <3

Edited by Honeybee

• 3 months later...

With time, the almond has become more prominent and lasts longer. The musk remains soft and skin-like. I'll definitely be using this more often this summer.

Almond always fades like that. Makes me sad too.

Yeah I think the only scents with almond I've worn where it's really stuck have been Ann's Cherried Almond & Honeyed Vanilla and Shelly's B-Gasm.

Got this from the lovely luna :mwah: it is all vanilla-musk to me - I don't get the almond literally. Warm and soft and smooth. My skin likes to go a bit plasticky with this musk that I think was prob also in whichever of the ltd edition musk trio that I tried - pink maybe? - with this, it makes some threatening gestures in that direction, especially wet, but so far is staying on the behaving side, settling down more and more as it dries. This is skin scent for sure, one of those almost believably "oh I was born smelling like this, thanks" scents :)