Aloha Pumehana

LadyVictoria

AD-Aloha-LovePotion_.jpg

Aloha Pumehana

It’s the month of love and commitment and here’s a deeply romantic fragrance which is also incredibly decadent, one of the most amazing gourmand florals we’ve ever created! Lush tropical gardenia is the crown of a delicious vanilla wedding cake frosted with thick buttercream and the depth of amber for a sexy polish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
BUTTERCREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The buttercream in this is to die for! It's very rich and creamy, reminds me of Beth's Blushing Milkmaid, wet I get that rich gooey buttercream cakey frosting ~ as it dries down it sticks around, then the gardenia comes through.
Unfortunately gardenia goes scary sharp on me. This fragrance for me separates itself into two parts. The gardenia/amber part that I can smell, it's very fragrant and I can smell it all around me, then there's the buttercream cake heaven that I can smell when I bring my arm up to my nose. I wish that I could smell more of the buttercream drifting than the gardenia. This should be a huge hit for those that can wear gardenia, I just can't because it does something crazy to my head. It's a floral gourmand for all you bakery and flora whores.

I'd be interested to read how other people that can't wear gardenia do with this, I think Tyvey and Luna were the other two that can't do it either. Or was it Halo?

Oh no I love gardenia, but other tropical florals can be a problem for me. I love the gardenia in this but for now the buttercream goes a little sour. I have to try it again because I do love the idea so much.

"Hi, my name is katz, and I'm a bakery and flora 'ho"...

I *cannot* wait to get my sniffer on this one, I'm blessed with the ability to wear gardenia - something I NEVER would have tried before LP! The original Southern Gothic, and Sugared Gardenia, the PE of Shimmering Gardenia. Waay happy to see this one come along.

Pretty sure Halo is gardenia incompatible?

Yeah, I like the smell itself but I amp it crazily and when I wear it it sometimes gives me headaches and messes with my depth perception & motor functions. I'm hoping it behaves in this and we have a Hawaiian type of Rosebud Cupcake or Whoopsy Daisycake on our hands here :)

I'm really sad about this. I have tried all those gardenias in the hopes that I could wear it and I can't. I had such high hopes for this, because the idea sounded beautiful. The only gardenia I could ever wear was the one from BBW and then there's one from boycology or something that has a gardenia scent.

Yeah, I like the smell itself but I amp it crazily and when I wear it it sometimes gives me headaches and messes with my depth perception & motor functions. I'm hoping it behaves in this and we have a Hawaiian type of Rosebud Cupcake or Whoopsy Daisycake on our hands here :)

I looooove Whoopsy and Cupcake. I'm wondering if I try and soften the gardenia in this with some BBM or AVV

I looooove Whoopsy and Cupcake. I'm wondering if I try and soften the gardenia in this with some BBM or AVV

I was just thinking that same thing! If the addition of another vanilla/buttercream would soften it. - do lete us know!

Yeah I am bummed that a lot of dairy accords don't work on my skin. I'm hoping as this one ages that will change.

I keep looking at this and reading it as Aloha Poohnana.

My brain is leaking.

Which is why I chose the name! :lol: It does sound vaguely naughty even tho the meaning is quite lovely.

Ok, then. Hearts likes it, and I loooove it. More for us!! :001_tt2:

Katz, why didn't you get yours yet! Seems like the mail is taking too long this time round, I know we sent it with the sig confirm cuz John asked to make sure.

Yes, LV, we affectionately call it Aloha Poony around here. (Sshhhhh.)

:buried-in-sand:

"Hi, my name is katz, and I'm a bakery and flora 'ho"...

I *cannot* wait to get my sniffer on this one, I'm blessed with the ability to wear gardenia - something I NEVER would have tried before LP! The original Southern Gothic, and Sugared Gardenia, the PE of Shimmering Gardenia. Waay happy to see this one come along.

Pretty sure Halo is gardenia incompatible?

Yes i am. Love to sniff them but hate to wear them.

Katz, why didn't you get yours yet! Seems like the mail is taking too long this time round, I know we sent it with the sig confirm cuz John asked to make sure.

:buried-in-sand:

LOLLL!!! Now I can't look at it the same! LOL

ZOMG you guys are pervs!

I just noticed the note from John-John in my email the other day about sig. required (very thoughtful!)...so, maybe tonight? No sticker so far. Soon as it's here, I'm skipping lunch and hitting the P.O.!

ETA: Yep! It's here! Tomorrow I lunch at the P.O.!!

Edited by katz

Ok, I stayed home until the P.O. opened today, to get mah package of lovelies...heh... Breaking into the package in the parking lot w/my one-sided razor that I keep in the console, fishing for the Aloha!

Crazy as you might think, I'm actually gonna go the other way and say it *just barely* has enough gardenia for me - because MY skin amps the cakey notes (which are TDF!). Altogether very delish, a summer scent I'm gonna love wearing - yay full bottle splurge!

My nose is confused...To me Aloha Pumehana smells like anise buttercream frosting made with creamy whipped vanilla. There is no licorice or anise listed, but I’m getting a strong licorice-ish vanilla right from the opening. The licorice accord I’m getting always takes center stage, but as the scent develops it becomes sweeter. I’ve been trying really hard to pick out the gardenia but I can’t, to my nose it is anise frosting over a firm cakey vanilla base and the lush gardenia doesn’t come out to play with me...

I really, really wanted lo love this potion, it seemed to be perfect for me...I wanted to embrace the licorice-ness I get from it, 'cause I like this particular scent note, but it becomes too sweet on my skin. Please don’t get me wrong, it is a lovely gourmand I just wish it was more floral on me than foody. I think the vanilla and the buttercream drowns the gardenia for me. IMO this scent is very gourmand, but not as floral as I expected because of the dominant licorice-ish vanilla I get. It has excellent longevity and sillage. It is a must for LP gourmand lovers, it’s just not my cup of tea.

Can you eat gardenias? I know you can eat orchids, but if you can eat gardenias I want a gardenia cake because this smells AWESOME. At first I get a blast of decadently frosted vanilla cake, and then as it dries down the heady gardenia emerges and makes it something exotically delicious. It's like the love child of AVV and Southern Gothic 08. I don't notice amber asserting itself particularly, but I think it plays a role in grounding the entire scent; my guess is it must be a sweet amber to blend so well with the vanilla. I really, really want to eat it.

I wore this to a party on Saturday night, brought the bottle with me in my purse and it got passed around and shared quite a bit to lots of oohs and ahhhs. :lol: Woke up with a cloud of it next morning still. I love the delicious creamy decadence of this one.

In vial and wet: roast chicken. Not any roast chicken, but this particular Peruvian place's roast chicken.

Dry: said chicken has become a plastic version of itself.

what in the farkakte. I give up. Hormones perhaps?

ETA okay now, in drydown, I get magnolia, not gardenia...

Edited by tyvey

This scent is quite nice - a foody, cakey scent, but with florals underlying it. For some reason, even though I know it's not an ingredient in this, I get a bit of fruitiness, maybe orange? Weird, but it works nicely with the cake. My only complaint is that after a few hours the nice parts of this smell seem to disappear and I'm just left with amber, which is less pleasant on me.

Initally, I put this on and got hot dogs. I don't know why. But the second time I got the perfect mix of floral and foody. I'm usually not into really sweet foody scents, and fortunately this turned out to be the perfect "vanilla cake" scent without being nauseatingly sweet. I *think* I smelled some amber after it dried down but sadly not as much I was looking forward to.

The buttercream in this is just not working on me (for now)...waaah. But I still think this is a fabulous idea and I'm happy for those who can wear it.

I am stunned by the hot dog and chicken refs! Stunned! I can't imagine what could be the cause of that. :huh: On me, this is soooo amazing. It smells like mountains of light fluffy whipped buttercream frosting with fresh lush gardenias decorated on top. It's one of my favorite perfumes on me that I've ever crafted! So sad that everyone can't experience it the way I do. :nope02716:

I tried this on the day my parcel came and I too am somewhat mystified at some of the scent comparisions. There aint no chickens or hotdogs in my vial. This is delish! In fact I feel somewhat corrupted by it. It has dented my moral compass, and if I ever come across an even momentarily unguarded buttercream iced, gardenia topped cake I am gunna grab it and run away with it.

To me this is like ultimate decadence in cake form, it is rich and somewhat spicy (maybe the amber?), with luxurious buttercream that you can almost taste and the gardenia that adorns it gives it an exotic, fresh twist. It is the kind of cake that makes eyes at you, you try to be strong and resist it, but the longer you look and the more you smell it the more you forget why you shouldn't have it...

I'm on the fence about this one which is such a disappointment for me :( I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either, and I was expecting this one to be my new substitute or alternative to Whoopsie Daisycake but it's definitively not that.

I don't get any floral at all, but I don't mind that at all. Initially when wet I get the same lush buttery, creamy vanilla-cake goodness that I get with Whoopsie, but this is quickly taken over by a note that I amp to crazy levels. It's very very similar to E's Crystallized Sugar Web (old PE), so I'm wondering if it's Benzoin or something similar? Or a "benzoin-like" maple note... Whatever it is I amp it like crazy, it's almost making me feel a bit sickly before full drydown & the scent has settled a touch. After the scent settles some it's not too bad, but it's definitively still a scent that has been hijacked by me amping the benzoin like note/s

• 2 weeks later...