Aloha Pumehana

LadyVictoria

When its wet, it's more floral, but when it dries on my skin it's like the successor of Darling Catalina, but without the pheromones. I like. It's also pretty interesting when layered with LP Red, it takes the edge off the dryness of the cinnamon (at least I think it's dry).

This is great! I get loads of buttercream, just a hint of gardenia, and yes, there's something fruity in here, too, though I can't place it. Pineapple, maybe? I don't know. But this is gorgeous, and it smells gorgeous *on me*, more importantly! ;) I think this may be going on my FB list... Darn, that thing is getting long! :)

This is great! I get loads of buttercream, just a hint of gardenia, and yes, there's something fruity in here, too, though I can't place it. Pineapple, maybe? I don't know. But this is gorgeous, and it smells gorgeous *on me*, more importantly! ;) I think this may be going on my FB list... Darn, that thing is getting long! :)

Really? Gotta narrow down that F*ck Buddy list Eggers!!

I too wish I had a long FB list :lol: Actually I'm a little embarrassed to say I do have an FB list, but there's only 2 on it. And I'm not talking about bottles!! (ewww, that also sounds kind of wrong. Might put my dirty mind away for the night now...)

Yeah, mine was never that long, either. A few more than two, but a list is a list is a list! LOL!

The worst part is running into them, now that I'm seriously involved with someone. There's always this awkward, "Aww... I *liked* you - you were SO fun!" moment. *sigh* Being single was so much fun...

I am so happy this works with my chemistry. At first, it's very vanilla buttercream. Then gardenia peeks out and I swear it's like alternating whiffs of vanilla, then gardenia, vanilla... It finally settles to a very soft gardenia that's almost powder like.. On me at least. Sounds like skin chemistry seems to really effect this one.

• 5 months later...

Eveytime I wear this It reminds me of summer! just scent memories..lol

I think It came out in the summer time thats probaly why.

I get mostly gardenia and buttercreamy cake with no pineapple though!..lol

Edited by tanya27

• 1 month later...

I was looking this one up so I thought I'd post the picture :)

AD-Aloha-LovePotion_.jpg

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.

BUTTERCREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Edited by MissHazel

• 5 months later...

Eeeek! I guess I have some wonky skin chemistry, but this goes plastic-y fake on me. Maybe if I let it sit it will start to like me ::pouts:: I reallllllly wanted this one to work! It's something about the buttercream that smells artificial because when I first smell it, I definitely smell the gardenia. That's when the vanilla comes in and tricks me into thinking it will be glorious...and then it goes into a funky fake/feet-smelling buttercream. I'm thinking of how I could layer this to fix it. Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...

I received a complementary sample vial of this with my first order, and decided to try it out today.

It was a very rainy, dreary day and this happy looking label seemed like just the thing - and it was!

In the vial and for the first two seconds on my skin (but not more than that, literally!) I smell a sweet, fresh flower, which I am assuming is the gardenia.

It's lovely but not really 'me' - but no problem, because it just gives a wink and a smile and then disappears.

To be followed by a lovely, creamy, warm, cuddly, delicous smell.

I know this smell.

I still haven't been able to place it, but it reminds me of a place or a person that is warm, comfortable, familiar, safe.

It is sort of ambery, very warm and creamy. Like warm, fluffy, white pillows in the sunshine, for taking a nap on.

It's gorgeous! I couldn't stop sniffing myself today.

The kids I was babysitting liked it too, the youngest even asked at some point when were were roughhousing what that 'nice smell' was.

(of course, he thinks gasoline is a 'nice smell' too: he is four years old and I think his crazy love for the movie 'Cars' has skewed his perspective a little bit....)

Eventually, after a long and tiring day, the scent seemed to go a little tired on me as well.

It was gorgeous for about 8 or 9 hours I think, and then it slowly turned a bit flat, a bit plasticky.

So, I am not going to hunt down a bottle of it; as nice as it is, I have already found some scents (LP original! LP Pink, my darling one!) that I like even better.

But I am going to fully enjoy using up this sample!

• 1 year later...

I was able to get this bottle off the trading post from Mara (thanks so much) since I traded my first bottle away. How could I ever think to trade this? It's amazing. It smells like cake, it smells like frosting, and it smells like tropical flowers. My kind of scent!

• 1 month later...

Oh, this didn't work for me at all. :( It sounds so pretty, too. In the vial, I like it well enough, but on my skin upon drydown, I get...diaper rash cream. I had to add OCCO: White to it to make it stop smelling like that (which did help). I think this is the first time I couldn't even make it through the day with a scent without doctoring it up somehow.

Now, having read some of the earlier reviews, I'm wondering why? I'm not sure what else has Gardenia in it, so I don't know, but I'm curious if I'm one of those who can't wear Gardenia. I don't know what note could be giving me that ointment-y, diaper rash cream smell. It's interesting that this one seems to be a "you love it or you hate it" scent.

• 7 years later...

Found my old sample of this, so I decided to wear it today. Really lovely! While wet I get buttercream and gardenia, then as it dries down it's gardenia and amber. It's not a floral smell, it's more like a foody scent with a hint of floral. It aged pretty well!

4 hours ago, citrine said:

Found my old sample of this, so I decided to wear it today. Really lovely! While wet I get buttercream and gardenia, then as it dries down it's gardenia and amber. It's not a floral smell, it's more like a foody scent with a hint of floral. It aged pretty well!

Oh, this is one of my all time faves! I must dig out my bottle, perfect time of year for this one...I hope I have some left! Thanks for the reminder!

On 3/24/2022 at 5:24 PM, Potion Master said:

Oh, this is one of my all time faves! I must dig out my bottle, perfect time of year for this one...I hope I have some left! Thanks for the reminder!

Yes, it's really really good. I remember not liking it before that much, but it aged sooooooo good!