Alien Cake

Invidiana

I don't know where exactly to put this, but since it resides in the PE section, in the PE review section it goes for now at least. Mara was right hinting at the carrot cake base; this is most definitely carrot cake, all moist and dense and spiced just right--I get a zing of what I think is nutmeg in the beginning, which eventually settles down on the drydown, and also some subtle cardamom and cinnamon, thankfully not the kind I amp to Jupiter. There is also a lemony kick in the beginning that makes itself clear as lemon cream cheese frosting on the drydown. So Alien Cake is nothing revolting or strange, but carrot cake slathered in lemony cream cheese frosting, like Canary Cremes' carrot cake cousin. YUM.

Yummy review, Invi! :Emoticons0086:

I love carrot cake, and the lemony cream cheese frosting you smell in this makes it more interesting....

Is the cinnamon very spicy in this?

Yummy review, Invi! :Emoticons0086:

I love carrot cake, and the lemony cream cheese frosting you smell in this makes it more interesting....

Is the cinnamon very spicy in this?

Thanks! I don't get a POW spicy cinnamon at all, more like a subtle dusting of cinnamon that acts like more of a warming agent than punching you in the nostrils. Hope this helps!

Invi your nose is so pretty and your nose's radar is the best! :)

I want this hidden gem, hope it remains hidden for a while so I can get a FB before it goes extinct...

• 2 months later...

Mmmm. Carrot cake with mint cream cheese frosting. Is there mint in this? No one knows. But I get a faint mintiness from it. It's nice actually.

• 4 months later...

I thought the carrot would turn me off, but it doesn't smell like carrot to me. It smells more like a poundcake with cream cheese and I swear to god this has lavender in it. It's a very soothing scent actually. I want to cuddle up and eat cake now. I was so grateful to the LP NEW WORLD ORDER MARVELOUS HEROES PERFUMERIE GENIUSES that tucked a sniffee in my goodies, because I so wanted to smell it, I am even considering buying a bottle. It's pretty rich and comfy smelling.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds really good, and something that I would like a lot. I think I'll add it to my wanted list and hope it doesn't disappear before I have a chance to try it!

I finally got to try this one...it smells just like cake with frosting. After it dries down a weird note came out, but I have no clue what it was. I wish it would've just stayed all cake on me because it's one of the best foodie cake perfumes I've ever tried on. I'll try again in a few days, maybe it will be different or I'll figure out what that weird note is.

If you love cake scents, give this one a try! Don't let that note scare you, it's probably my chemistry.

I had been curious about this scent for a long time so I was thrilled that Mara included this as a sniffie in my last order. For about 30 minutes this is an absolutely gorgeous creamy spiced scent on me, so much so that I almost immediately ordered it. Unfortunately, this dries down oddly waxy, kind of like a lip balm scent, and while it is not entirely unpleasant I can not picture myself happily wearing this throughout the day. I have never tried Lost Highway (another one I have been curious about) so maybe I am just envisioning what I would expect it to smell like, but something about Alien Cake begs for a strong carnation note to me. I am going to try layering it with Evil in Carnation to see if this prevents the funky dry down, and will report back.

Edited by mcreepers

I had been curious about this scent for a long time so I was thrilled that Mara included this as a sniffie in my last order. For about 30 minutes this is an absolutely gorgeous creamy spiced scent on me, so much so that I almost immediately ordered it. Unfortunately, this dries down oddly waxy, kind of like a lip balm scent, and while it is not entirely unpleasant I can not picture myself happily wearing this throughout the day. I have never tried Lost Highway (another one I have been curious about) so maybe I am just envisioning what I would expect it to smell like, but something about Alien Cake begs for a strong carnation note to me. I am going to try layering it with Evil in Carnation to see if this prevents the funky dry down, and will report back.

I know what you mean. Something floral came in there for me too. I swear it was Lav- maybe it's Alien.

I also got a sniffie on this one in my order. I don't get any spice on my skin at all. It actually smells just like Darling Clementine but without the citrus note. It's just cakey deliciousness. I don't get any weirdness on dry down either, but it does not last nearly as long as my other cakey scents do. Very light and pleasant, though!

Mine dries down to a very comforting, light spicy-like fragrance. Very much a gossamer scent that makes people get close to you just to catch a whiff.

My sniffie is empty and I'm looking for more -- a definite sign that fb measures are in order.

Thank you for sending the sniffie, you evil LP enablers! :LuvU396:

ETA: BB, you're right! I didn't notice the Darling Clementine-ness until I saw your post. But that's the underlying scent I smell!

Edited by Just Ducky

Thanks to the sniffie that was tucked into my last order... I'm ordering a bottle. This starts off all spiced cake...yummy. Then some sort of lemon..? Buttercream? And somehow settles into something slightly floral vanilla. Wow it IS alien.. A morpher! But I like! I can detect a Darling Clementine likeness too.

Agreed. I finally caved in and ordered a full bottle. Yum.

I received a small sniffie with my order which really surprised me in a very good way. I never thought about ordering one of the Mystery Blends, but this one is so good, I can't stop sniffing my arm. It's spicy, yes, but which spices? May be chai spices, cardamom, cloves? It's creamy but not too much. Smells a bit like Indian milk tea. It's simply delicious!

I'm really glad I got this sniffie with my last order. It's a very citrusy cake, yummy and delectable frosting on top. After it dries down for a bit it gets this fresh, minty scent to it - I think someone else said that too. There's just something about this I can't stop sniffing myself!!

• 3 weeks later...

Carrot cake is my favorite to eat, but it seems always something is just a little bit off with carrot cake scents on me for one reason or another. WELL, THIS IS ONE IS PERFECTION... very true carrot cake but somehow in a surprisingly "legit perfume" ie not novelty or gimmicky way. It's definitely cake but has a freshness. I think because it's not super heavy, and there isn't a heavy waxy potentially-plasticky frosting thing, at least not on me. The "something extra" others have described, on me it expresses as a bit of lime. Maybe that (or verbena? or something like) is what makes it not novelty-ish.

ETA also this shit last all day...9 hours plus and still chugging along... even though it never threw crazily or anything. Good stuff

Edited by tyvey

Carrot cake is my favorite to eat, but it seems always something is just a little bit off with carrot cake scents on me for one reason or another. WELL, THIS IS ONE IS PERFECTION... very true carrot cake but somehow in a surprisingly "legit perfume" ie not novelty or gimmicky way. It's definitely cake but has a freshness. I think because it's not super heavy, and there isn't a heavy waxy potentially-plasticky frosting thing, at least not on me. The "something extra" others have described, on me it expresses as a bit of lime. Maybe that (or verbena? or something like) is what makes it not novelty-ish.

ETA also this shit last all day...9 hours plus and still chugging along... even though it never threw crazily or anything. Good stuff

I really liked this one too- but the label freaks the fuck out of me. I can't even look at it. Terrified that the alien wants to snatch my cake

• 4 months later...

Oh Alien cake- you are so ALIEN! Lol. This starts off heavenly. Fluffy spiced cake... Yes carrot cake. Cream cheese frosting yum... Then it dries down and lemon? Where did the cake go? As it sits longer on my skin, it gets very... Hmm... Earthy smelling? I have no idea how this starts off so cakey and settles into a light spiced-lemon earth scent with the tiniest hint if vanilla. On me at least!

ETA- read my last review on this and it seems like I liked it? Maybe chemistry is off this week!

Edited by hearts

Oh Alien cake- you are so ALIEN! Lol. This starts off heavenly. Fluffy spiced cake... Yes carrot cake. Cream cheese frosting yum... Then it dries down and lemon? Where did the cake go? As it sits longer on my skin, it gets very... Hmm... Earthy smelling? I have no idea how this starts off so cakey and settles into a light spiced-lemon earth scent with the tiniest hint if vanilla. On me at least!

ETA- read my last review on this and it seems like I liked it? Maybe chemistry is off this week!

Earth? That's cray- where did that come from? I know that on me it was carrot cake cream dream and I almost want to get a bottle because it's $10... but now that you say Earth.. omg like the aliens landed on earth maybe and came into your kitchen to steal some carrot cake!

I'm going to have to retest fo sho

Lol- yes the alien ship disturbed all the earth and soil and they made off with all my damned carrot cake! ... And lemon! Lmao!

Well my first review in feb shows that I used to like it. My chemistry must be acting up? Weird.

Earthy carrot cake that's the description. The Earth came out after dry down on me. It's not a me scent but the sniffie was fun.

I kind of liked it at first, but then something was just a tad off in it for me. I got the lemon too. Eh, I couldn't decide if I should go for it in the $10 bin but in the end decided to pass since I have LP Autumn '11 coming and that is like spiced lemon cake to me.

But I did love the carrot cake and buttercream part of this.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say this may have been a prototype for Mr. Right...now, albeit a more bakery version. because that's what it reminds me of. I get the same lemon-frosted carrot cake which others do as well, which then turns a bit more spicy in the drydown. I like it muchly!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Smells like a yellow cake to me, though I can see why others would say carrot-- especially wet, when it has more of a cinnamon-spice thing going on. It also smells somewhat artificial, more like a cake-scented candle than the real thing, but that would be the "alien" bit! Overall I do like it. It's enjoyable... and just a teeny bit weird. Something I wear more at home than out.