Dirty Old Man - Phero Enhanced Scent for Men

So I had BF wear this the other night, I wore OCCO Black and Open Windows. We went out to dinner and just had the most fabulous time. People were all over us! I didn't think the Dirty Old Man was overly patchy or incensy at all, but maybe that's because I was TOTALLY prepared for it to be all hippied out. I really really like the scent but can't really put my finger on the notes other than what the others have mentioned. The phero is AWES!!! I can't even tell y'all what he did to me when we got home....LAWD!!! :spank01515: Ahahahhaa!!!

Interesting smell on this one.

I think I can smell the cops amongst some greeny foody type scent at first app.

Seems somewhat sweet after the cops settle. The incense note doesnt seem very strong for me.

I have only worn this once whilst out n about, did get some attention and glances from a few young women.

A few questions:

How much of this is your SO wearing?

How much equates to "slather it on"?

Is the phero concentration still the same (5-6mg) or more?

I had Quince put on quite a bit...everywhere. That was part of the game. As far as the concentration goes, you should ask Mara what the ratio is, or whatever.

I tried this again, about 6 drops.

Went to a store after about 20mins, the lady 40ish (ring) smiled warmly, then handed my change with a sly smile and almost blushingly said "thanks honey" B)

Got much friendliness comraderie from the boys, after 4 hrs mid 20s women seemed to not want to leave, gave me a wraparound hug with a big grin after me purposely stepping away just saying goodbye.

The scent for me seems very strong and "coply" only fading away at the 8hr mark. Intersting stuff.

• 1 month later...

I really like this one. The scent has strong staying power. And I can feel the high 'none content. That is I can feel that initial aggressiveness and slight irritability when I first apply it.

Of course I wore it completely out of context today, but I enjoyed it all the same. I think I came off as too aggressive to one young female black store clerk until I got her to smile. Then I told her she should smile more often as she had a pretty smile. Once I said that she really lit up. I suppose the none made me come across too strong or impatient.

It kinda surprised me in retrospect as (and I do not want to sound stereotypical here) it has been my experience that usually black females, even younger ones, are more receptive to higher 'none signatures. I once went through a check-out line where there were two black women working - one at the register and one helping. The lady working the register starting getting flustered and making mistakes, to include giving me too much change. When I handed the change back to her I made a joke about the mistake. The coworker had looked amused watching her getting flustered and just called her out saying something along the lines that she was flustered because she liked me.

If I had been single it would have been worth pursueing. She was an attractive woman and who knows what else she might have given me too much of if I made her feel that flustered.

Back to Dirty Old Man - good scent, good staying power for the scent, the cops blended in well enough for my nose, there is a high dose of 'none so be careful but if you play it right (friendly/funny/charming) then there are enough a-nols to carry you through with that approach into "The Man" territory.

• 3 months later...

Do You think a woman could wear this one? I love the notes in it?

In my opinion? Absolutely not. There's wayyyyy too much None in it for a woman to wear. It can cause irritability, aggressiveness, and a blazing headache.

If you like the notes, go for Compromising Positions, as this is what I was trying to make when I blended this one!

• 4 months later...

I just ordered a trial size (amongst three others) since the product name fits my image but a clean "dirty," as in "dirty martini."

I remember "Witches of Eastwick" very well! I spent some time in Eastern Connecticut on the shore and ran into a covey of three women that matched the movie characters all too well - and I wasn't even TRYING to be Mr.Darrell Van Horne. I did dress with more taste though.

Edited by Whitehall

• 10 months later...

I have both versions and prefer the Patchouli scented version. I'm in my late 20's so testing DoM is little skewed. I hoped, I'd be "Dirty young' man". It didn't quite work like that though :o

Asides from gym attendance, I couldn't see much other occasion to want to wear it. The self-effects were ridiculously off-the-walls enjoyable. The raw primeval aggression, along with a stretched mischievous grin stuck to my face every time I've worn it. I swear, you couldn't pry off even if your life depended on it.

I saw that I can engage bromantically among the dudes easily. Of course with females, reactions were all over the place. From very not so well contained attraction from teens to mature ladies, and in other cases, I specifically remember scaring the shit out of some ladies no matter how friendly I was.

So I may have to age Dirty Ol' Man for another 20 years or so or use it on a future girlfriend. In my youthful incarnation, DoM is less Dirty Ol' Man, and more like Sexual Predator. ^_^

In my youthful incarnation, DoM is less Dirty Ol' Man, and more like Sexual Predator.

Spot on.

It IS quite predatorial and so over the top testosterone-ish that it gives me, a female, a flaming headache when I have to blend it with raw undiluted ingredients. (Perhaps wearing less might help?)

If you have an interest in trying something else with a more gentle but in some ways similar signature, more appropriate for a younger man, then try Hunter Trapper.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will do that, I've gone with 4 inches before so I may try to lower that. For being a fair weather poster, please forgive me btw. I've tried a sample of that a long time ago along with <3 throb. With the exception of DoM, all of the other LP's I've tried allowed my intentions to be weaved along the flow of the current, and not against it, like it has happened sometime with other stuff. Much <3, Much respect.

Edited by ListenToMinh

Spot on.

It IS quite predatorial and so over the top testosterone-ish that it gives me, a female, a flaming headache when I have to blend it with raw undiluted ingredients. (Perhaps wearing less might help?)

If you have an interest in trying something else with a more gentle but in some ways similar signature, more appropriate for a younger man, then try Hunter Trapper.

I LOVE Hunter Trapper but I'm now over 40, I might just have to try DoM. Sounds like it fits my personality and my wife definitely seems to like the higher ~none mixes.

• 1 month later...

I really like this scent but I DO smell the cops (I'm pretty sure, anyway!) And I'm so used to smelling the same stuff in MY (cop enhanced) scents that I'm not sure smelling this on my SO is going to float my boat?!? I guess I can get past that if I let him "dry down" sufficiently, right? LOL

I think I must be in cop burnout... :faint: I now have a bunch of stuff with cops and I seem to be able to sniff it immediately. Funny because my very first LP was LP Red with cops... when I got it I thought "Gee, I don't smell anything that resembles that" (the description of what the copulins scent was). But now I can definitely pick up on it - I guess now 'I know what to smell for'. Or maybe the cop scent in DOM ISN'T there for me?? Am I just now getting this? I guess I can just tell him "Here- go rub this on and stand naked under the ceiling fan until I come get you. Just stay downwind from me." By then the smell will have blended with his chem, right?

Edited by LoveStruck55

There's actually a lot of info on it (Epimedium/Yin Yang Huo) out there and it's used more than you might think. You can even find it at GNC or Walmart.

My husband used a compound/tincture for a while that has it as one of the ingredients. Not bad!

And in keeping with the theme/scenario, maybe some Totem: Goat with Cops for you?

Edited by Olderbutwiser

There's actually a lot of info on it (Epimedium/Yin Yang Huo) out there and it's used more than you might think. You can even find it at GNC or Walmart.

My husband used a compound/tincture for a while that has it as one of the ingredients. Not bad!

And in keeping with the theme/scenario, maybe some Totem: Goat with Cops for you?

Fascinating. I'm always intrigued by some of the more unusual names given to herbs and such, and wonder about the person who actually discovered and named the species. Which begs the question, what about this weed inspired the name "Horny Goat"? Guess I need to look at a photo and maybe it will be obvious... either that or the botanist has a sense of humor :Emoticons04263:

ETA: Curiosity got the best of me.

From Wikipedia: "According to legend, this property was discovered by a Chinese goatherder who noticed sexual activity in his flock after they ate the weed." ecd6a14914d0015ba5d97102379473c8.jpgA pretty blossom, not overtly sexual I suppose, LOL. Ahh the things one will learn here in the halls of LPMP...

Edited by LoveStruck55

Purty little flowers, eh? The tincture my husband used was made from the underground rhyzome/root.

In my wanderings amongst things goaty I read that the Billy Goat has some sort of substance in his head that when he butts the females with it, it can actually make them ovulate.....hmmm...

BTW, I noticed on another thread you were wondering where transiting Mars is right now. It's around 12 degrees Libra 22" and squaring transiting Pluto in Capricorn. I noticed a thread that had an astrological topic on this forum somewhere.. If you like, maybe we can bounce over there and "talk" more about where it's transiting your natal chart.

Purty little flowers, eh? The tincture my husband used was made from the underground rhyzome/root.

In my wanderings amongst things goaty I read that the Billy Goat has some sort of substance in his head that when he butts the females with it, it can actually make them ovulate.....hmmm...

BTW, I noticed on another thread you were wondering where transiting Mars is right now. It's around 12 degrees Libra 22" and squaring transiting Pluto in Capricorn. I noticed a thread that had an astrological topic on this forum somewhere.. If you like, maybe we can bounce over there and "talk" more about where it's transiting your natal chart.

Yes I would love that... I do need to stay on top of my transit forecast chart better. This year was supposed to be a wild ride for me and so far it's living up to that.

My HB is currently taking Low-T shots so I guess I need to read up a bit... not sure if adding this would be ok. Is it just an aphrodisiac for men? Lord knows I'm so exhausted these days that I wish there was a tea that might help me out! Of course I'm only through week ONE of my MIL's 3 week extended-stay... it would take a lot of herbs to get me thinking romance these days, LOL.

HB wants me to join him on a biz trip next week as a 5 day 'second honeymoon' (no, I'm not excited about leaving my MIL alone in the house to snoop to her hearts content for 5 days unemcumbered) but now you know why I had all the questions about the Dirty Old Man scent... if I"m going to experiment I guess now's the time!

Edited by LoveStruck55

Lovestruck: If he's already taking shots then I'd certainly be careful to not add to that.

I hear ya about the MIL. It can be rough. It will be 7 years this December that mine passed away. We were very close, but like any relationship we had our rocky moments. Miss her a lot. She lost my husband's Dad in WWII and went on to remarry when he was 6. That was a tough generation for so many. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to lose a son like your MIL did. How did you make out with the pheros you decided to try?

So... If you know where that thread is on astrology....I think it was on Astrocartography/relocation...when you get a chance, could you please bump it up? I'll look as well. Then we can take a look together at what's up in your chart if you like. Thanks! Hope you get some rest soon.

. :moon452: A nice Jupiter ruled Full Moon tonite - 22SAG06' at 12:11 EDT

ETA: If I were you, I would absolutely take the time to get away with your husband to rest and recharge. You might be surprised how different things look afterwards.....for everyone.

Edited by Olderbutwiser

Lovestruck: If he's already taking shots then I'd certainly be careful to not add to that.

I hear ya about the MIL. It can be rough. It will be 7 years this December that mine passed away. We were very close, but like any relationship we had our rocky moments. Miss her a lot. She lost my husband's Dad in WWII and went on to remarry when he was 6. That was a tough generation for so many. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to lose a son like your MIL did. How did you make out with the pheros you decided to try?

So... If you know where that thread is on astrology....I think it was on Astrocartography/relocation...when you get a chance, could you please bump it up? I'll look as well. Then we can take a look together at what's up in your chart if you like. Thanks! Hope you get some rest soon.

. :moon452: A nice Jupiter ruled Full Moon tonite - 22SAG06' at 12:11 EDT

ETA: If I were you, I would absolutely take the time to get away with your husband to rest and recharge. You might be surprised how different things look afterwards.....for everyone.

Yes I am approaching this little trip with an open mind (not excitement... just can't manage that right now) I have decided to run up to Lowe's and get a new (keyed) lock handle for my closet. That will help alleviate some of the snooping worry while I'm on the road (and if I'm going to relax, this would be paramount).

I thought I was close to my MIL, but earlier this year I discovered that it was all an act on her part. She doesn't even know that I know. After 19+ years I feel like a duped fool, but I know my heart was in the right place when I thought our relationship was authentic, so no regrets, just assiduous from here on out.

I will bump Astro thread when I can - perhaps later this eve.

I keep thinking of Jack Nicholson when I pick up this bottle of DOM - and this is HIS line in the movie, not my personal proclamation, BTW. 892e0a8e4d28d7f1ec741df7a78ca36d.jpg

Edited by LoveStruck55

Love that Jack Nicholson, heh heh. O.K. so maybe your MIL is not so nice, but try not to let it ruin your marriage....go have some fun time/get away with your husband and go from there.....

See ya over on the astro thread.....

Love that Jack Nicholson, heh heh. O.K. so maybe your MIL is not so nice, but try not to let it ruin your marriage....go have some fun time/get away with your husband and go from there.....

See ya over on the astro thread.....

It nearly did ruin it... when he started siding with her over things involving our boys. She had her chance at being a mother, and I will say she could have improved on that, too.

OK this is the Dirty Old Man review thread so I'm going to go back to it... this smells SO much like my LP Red except there is something stabbing me in my 3rd eye (I believe this is a Tyvey or Nutrix saying that I find hilarious but extremely accurate!) The only matching ingredient in both is the Patchouli. However, I got my LP Red boosted with cops (my first LP purchase) so I'm convinced I smell the cops in DOMan (therefore the LP Red scent connection). I suppose this is why I'm thinking my SO wearing this may not do anything to stoke my fire - because it's like he's wearing my LP Red (to me). Pity, because I really like the scent. Halo or Mara could probably identify the third-eye stabbing thing - the 'none perhaps? That's the only thing that keeps me from putting it on (plus the fact that I read this post from the beginning therefore I know my wearing DOM would not be a good idea according to our phero-goddesses.) :)

Edited by LoveStruck55

We had to shut down both sets of parents at one time or another. I had to push back to get my parents to back down and I had to shut hers down last year when they were adding stress to a situation with my son.

We had to shut down both sets of parents at one time or another. I had to push back to get my parents to back down and I had to shut hers down last year when they were adding stress to a situation with my son.

Yeah, what's up with that??? It's like they want to give their parenting one last "hurrah" or something. My oldest son still doesn't have the relationship with me that he used to have... prior to her stepping in where she shouldn't have. I can only hope he'll 'grow out of it', but today's youth are soooo different in their behavior and response to almost everything that I wonder if that will actually ever happen.

• 2 months later...

Early warning - the 2nd to last paragraph is not for everyone. Don't read it unless you are okay with crude, LOL.

So no reports on Dirty Old Man on here since June. Leave it to a new guy. I ordered 16 different samples to give Love Potions a try. I love options, but you made my decisions very difficult. It's like seeing 50 different things on a food menu that you want to eat right now - there's no way. So amongst them was Dirty Old Man.

I am 46 and cannot believe it, and in my core have convinced myself that I am no 'older' than 36 at the most ( the mind is a very powerful thing). 5'9" 150 lbs fit bald guy (shaved). Most people think I'm about 165 lbs. I still bat leadoff on my men's softball team. I'm still the fastest guy on the team. I still throw people out at home plate from Left Centerfield. There I go again convincing myself I'm still young.

Anyway, it is said that testosterone levels fall once you are into your 40's. I have recently made some other phero purchases from some other companies and had not tried anything from here. When I started looking at this site I got excited about all the descriptions and how many options there are for scents other than regular stuff on the market. Then it was like, what to try? Thankfully there are the trial vials! I have always been attracted to women younger than me and recently got out of a relationship with a gal 8 yrs my younger. She didn't look over 30.

So DOM I suppose kind of fits for me. I want and will attract younger women. So to my review. I have always had a very good sense of smell. However, I don't think I am going to help anybody with the "it starts very floral and dries down cinnamon followed by amber" descriptions. I will be able to tell you if I like it and how it made me feel.

DOM flat out makes me feel sexy and feel like I'm a Hot guy. I like that a lot. I have read that it stirs aggression in others. I didn't really notice that in me. I kind of don't take shit anyway so I usually speak my peace if there's any BS coming my way. Fairly direct communicator. The couple of times I have tried DOM have been primarily at home, so I don't have any effects on others I can report yet. When I do I will certainly throw it out there.

When I smell it on me I think of aqua, both color and water. I do smell the cops ever so slightly and I like theeem :smiley-sex023: . It is that 'dirty' aspect. I want to be smelled by others when I wear this. And I read others say this, but my goodness does this scent LAST a while. I wore some on the inside of my elbow crease last night and I still smell it right now (no shower this am). Looking forward to testing this around some 20's-30's women and seeing/feeling how it goes ;-).

In conclusion I DEFINITELY like this one,

My self effects of this one are worth it alone and I haven't even seen how it'll effect the gals out there yet. So, my blatant man feelings are as follows

(EAR MUFFS)

This one makes me want to take a woman's clothes off and feel her lovely body, it makes me want to Fuck, and it makes me want to lick pussy.

I hope this is not too vulgar on here, but these are indeed my raw feelings while wearing Dirty Old Man.

Edited by HappyGoSkillfully

HGS I agree with Mara - great review! Detailed, funny and no spin or mincing words. You are in the minority (men) here so I hope you post more not only about your impressions but about your experiences 'in the field' so to speak. And you were very PC with the early disclaimer and the "final warning" ear muff notation! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I can't get my husband to wear DOM & allow it the dry down time to really blend (imagine - a man with no patience - oh wait, that's fairly common!) Your review makes me want to give it another go! :)

• 4 months later...

I've got a sample of this one the way. I'm not sure how I missed it, probably because I'm in the habit of shopping LP for me :D Now that man beast is more curious, I nabbed a sample of this for him to try. When I saw the association with CP - to die for nomminess! - I pretty well decided "we" have to try it. A men's version of CP? I HAVE to know for that alone! I'm hoping it's not to aggressive for him :( He's already a "me Tarzan, you Jane" kind of guy. Maybe I can wear Lace to help buffer while we're together :lol:

My package should be here early next week! I'm still in disbelief that there are 3 sprays coming for him and only 1 bottle for me - Groundbreaking! :D

Do any of you have DoM and CP for scent comparison? I'm dying to get my mitts on this sample! Patch, sweet cream and nutmeg. That's it. CP has vanilla, cream, sugar, patch & nutmeg.

Is this patch forward? Does the nutmeg really strike you? Have women given you the "hungry eyes" and told you they could eat you up because you smell so good???

Do any of you have DoM and CP for scent comparison?

There's a similarity but DOM is definitely not as sweet as CP - the patchouli is the leading note, but it does have a gourmand feel to it nonetheless; it's delicious! If not for the phero I would wear it myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Umm - is right. This one starts out really sweet but after it settles down it's just, hmm, idk... I would never mistake it with CP :D Though there IS something familiar about it. He won't wear it and I don't think it's a me scent even though - whether it was on him or on me - I was compelled to huff it. It's an attention getter because the scent is s unique, to me at least.

He said it's "too sweet or something" for him, and even though I find in more resin-like after it dries down, it does have that "gourmand something" about it. For myself, I DO like the phero effect. He didn't seem to behave differently, but he only allowed me to apply a wand's worth on 3 different occasions. I've been mainly applying before bed to myself to each side of my neck to try to see how the pheros effect me. None and cops are a delightful kick in my libido so maybe I just need to find a fragrance for him and spike it with the Un DoM :666:

• 2 weeks later...

The Umm was because I had written a follow up review and when I posted it I got a message saying I couldn't!

Anyway, a couple weeks ago a two friends (a couple) were in town visiting. We met for lunch. I had on ONE drop/dab from trial vial. I made a comment that a lot of stuff on the menu excited me. She comments on my comment, "excites you huh? That sounds Dirty" as she gives me a smirk. I say back, "Dirty huh?" And she says, "Yes, Dirty" again with the smirk.

That is a waay shortened version, but the point was the DIRTY comment. It was flirtatious and not given or taken in a bad way at all. And her husband is a good friend and had no problem with it at all.

• 10 months later...

I got this in the sale and had held it as part of a bunch of scents to give my BF for Christmas. He is in his early 60's but seems to have the testosterone level of a 40 year old.

On him, after drydown, this becomes sweet and powdery on him. Not terribly masculine at all and I can't really pick out any individual notes except for the powder and vanilla-ishness. It's a nice, comforting scent that I like. But the pheromone. . .holy cow. I'm post-menopausal and mostly could go without you-know-what for the conceivable millennium. But when this is strategically placed on his neck and chest. . I'm like a puppy trying to nuzzle him. Doesn't matter how tired I am (or whatever excuse I am using that week), I have to get close to him when he is wearing this.

It's like female viagra only you don't need a prescription to get it. Love it!

• 4 years later...

I would LOVE a rebrew of this, even with another none heavy phero blend, or as a  'clean' version. I know the "Dirty Old Man" phero concept is not being done anymore, but I can add cops to it myself if I want that. This Ohhh so sexy version of Compromising Positions is incredible. And sexy. Incredibly sexy.