thinking to make a large order (advice needed)

fishpie

Hi ladies

I am in love with this website, I am just about broke but this month is my birthday so I am thinking to make a purchase to reward myself :P

The problem is that I am based in the U.K. and the postal (charge starts at $13 and increase as the weight goes up) is quite pricey and I do not want to waste money so want to make sure all my picks will work well for me.

It will be my 2nd purchase from lovepotion, I have got LAM and some samples like swim with shakes and cuddle bunny. LAM does not really work well for me, the guy I am dating does not really get turned on or excited by its smell (the honey one).

I need some advice from you ladies 1 thing is that Mara said if one purchase over $25, you can choose two samples, but I am thinking to purchase like full sized 1) BAM, OCCO, LFM, Heart and sOUL, since the prices have gone up so much, all these will add up to over $140 plus the postal fee I will have to pay like another $18 . I am wondering can I have more samples instead of two? Its not easy for us in the UK , :Emoticons04269:

Another thing is that I have 3 purposes for using mones, 1) sexual and bonding with the guy I am seeing -- he is very masculine and independent, am not sure why LAM did not work that well on him... 2) professional setting, I work in finance and deal with people who quite picky and aggressive, so I want to have a easy time to fit in and feel more confident; 3) to use for myself to improve concentration and reduce stress.

OK, thats my two questions, I am looking forward to your laides reply. :Emoticons0086:

Welcome Fishpie!!! I feel bad for you living so far from LP Headquarters!!!

In my experience LAM is best for ME for self effects...always puts ME in happy, upbeat positive mood. As for the masculine man...when I had such a man in my possession Cuddle Bunny garnered the best reaction.

More advice will be coming from the others I am sure...

Hi Fishpie! Welcome to the forum! I like to use LAM with BAM and I usually use them under the same family scents, e.g. LAM/BAM Pink Amber under LP Pink, LAM/BAM Spicy Brown Sugar under LP Red, etc. I have used the Orchid and Rose solo. Maybe your bf just don't enjoy honey scents so that's why you did not get much reactions from him.

Unfortunately international postage cost a bomb. I know it as I live in Asia and I pay the same charges as you do. It takes up a good portion of my budget.

I think you have made a great choice so far,

:thbf54f4bf:

Great choices so far. I've always had great success with Cuddle Bunny with the masculine men. Bang! also works well. I'm thinking Swimming with the Sharks is your best bet for your work situation. It gives me fabulous self effects and works well on my colleagues too. Did it not work for you? If you find that the pheros are working but you don't like the scent so much, consider boosting a scent you enjoy with the phero. So much to choose from. I also like Cougar for work, and Lumina never fails to boost my confidence.

I'm sure you'll find that LPMP is more than gracious with what freebies they send us than probably anyone else out there. I've never received a package without something tucked in, so there is plenty of opportunity for us to sample their wares! Again, welcome and enjoy!!!

The problem is that I am based in the U.K. and the postal (charge starts at $13 and increase as the weight goes up) is quite pricey and I do not want to waste money so want to make sure all my picks will work well for me.

I need some advice from you ladies 1 thing is that Mara said if one purchase over $25, you can choose two samples, but I am thinking to purchase like full sized 1) BAM, OCCO, LFM, Heart and sOUL, since the prices have gone up so much, all these will add up to over $140 plus the postal fee I will have to pay like another $18 . I am wondering can I have more samples instead of two?

Welcome to the forum Fishpie.

I'm in the UK as well, but I have to say I don't agree with you about the postal charges. I think you'll find that they are extremely competitive compared to many other overseas websites, or compared to what it would cost you to send equivalent parcels from the UK to the States. I think you'll struggle to find other companies that would ship your order as trackable international priority mail for only $13. Mara actually only charges the bare minimum and sometimes also a heavily discounted postal fee to what it would cost to send glass bottles overseas. On top of that she's also always very generous to her customers with giving 2 free full-sized samples per month, along with the smaller "sniffie samples" that she tends to include with your orders.

Anyway... if you're struggling with money why not try some of the items you listed in sample sizes rather than buying the full sized bottles? You mention you don't want to waste your money so want to make sure what you buy will be the right phero's for you..... Well, the thing is you can't know for sure how the particular phero will suit you, or how it will suit your intended target. The only way to find that out is by trying the product :)

If you want to try phero's that don't come in sample sizes you can always see what you can find in the trading post :) Alot of members list their unloved goodies there for swap or sale, it's always a great place to start to try out new perfumes and phero's :)

First,welcome to our home :) ... I agree with Rosebud on trying samples first.

The best advice I give is to read,read,read,both this forum and the descriptions of the scents...everyone has their favorites.

Welcome to the forum Fishpie.

I'm in the UK as well, but I have to say I don't agree with you about the postal charges. I think you'll find that they are extremely competitive compared to many other overseas websites, or compared to what it would cost you to send equivalent parcels from the UK to the States. I think you'll struggle to find other companies that would ship your order as trackable international priority mail for only $13. Mara actually only charges the bare minimum and sometimes also a heavily discounted postal fee to what it would cost to send glass bottles overseas. On top of that she's also always very generous to her customers with giving 2 free full-sized samples per month, along with the smaller "sniffie samples" that she tends to include with your orders.

Anyway... if you're struggling with money why not try some of the items you listed in sample sizes rather than buying the full sized bottles? You mention you don't want to waste your money so want to make sure what you buy will be the right phero's for you..... Well, the thing is you can't know for sure how the particular phero will suit you, or how it will suit your intended target. The only way to find that out is by trying the product :)

If you want to try phero's that don't come in sample sizes you can always see what you can find in the trading post :) Alot of members list their unloved goodies there for swap or sale, it's always a great place to start to try out new perfumes and phero's :)

I agree with Rosebud......you could get the LAM or BAM sampler and see if any of the other scents appeal to your man......and the OCCO sampler is great as well.

For work I would suggest a social blend like Open Windows or Treasured Hearts, a dominant blend like Dominance, and/or Focus Potion for concentration and focus.

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find the right product for you here :)

I agree with Rosebud about the postage charges, I am in Australia and after ordering from other companies I was so surprised by the charge that came up for postage when I first ordered that I emailed Mara asking if it was a mistake!! It's very cheap here compared to the prices some other places charge. I'm sure Mara must actually lose money on overseas orders like mine, so I try to put in fewer big orders rather than lots of small orders to make up for it.

I like ordering from LPMP because packages arrive promptly while some companies take ages to arrive. LPMP charges postage at cost. I looked at my second last postage label, it was very close to what I paid. Dont forget about the cost of the packing materials, the labour cost and time spent on packing, driving to the PO, queuing up at a the PO......

I think my unhappiness is why international postage charges, in general, is so high.

Why don't you get samples and after you've decided what works, place another order in another month and get two more free samples. I think Mara is unbelievably generous. If I know Mara she is charging you less than what it costs her to ship your package.

As for pheros... for your man try something with bnol or est for bonding, you might even find something like Leather or Dominance is good if you are a stronger personality type. For work..Open Windows all the way, if you work with testy people try Treasured Hearts or Swimming with sharks, you might find your Dom or Leather will be helpful at work too. Fot concentration and stress i think B2 or Focus Potion would be good. B2 is my favorite for stress and i have ADHD and find when i am calmer (less stress) I am better able to concentrate.

Good luck.

Fishpie, I do understand!! You want to make the most of your order!! I didn't read you as "complaining" about the price of postage, just wanting to make the best choices.

I would definitely 2nd (or 3rd) those that suggested Open Windows for work/social. I love wearing this, and I have it in beta sprays with LP Original and Pillow Patter. I've had mixed results with Focus Potion, but I definitely think it's worth a try! For your fella, my first thought is Cuddle Bunny, 2nd idea is Perfect Match.

Wishing you all the best!! Come back and let us know what you decide!!

As for getting extra samples, Mara is super-generous, and if there's any scents you're on the fence about, I'd definitely order more samples!

If you order a sampler of the OCCO's or the LAMs or the BAMS, you will get an idea of the different scent families. So if you ordered for example the OCCO sampler, you will get a resiny spicy scent in the RED and the BLACK, A lighter, more floral in the GREEN and BLUE, and more foody with the WHITE and PINK. That's my opinion anyway. Plus read the review sections a lot and the scent descriptions. I ordered samples for months until I found what I really liked and ordered an actual bottle. But I'm pretty conservative and have a limited perfume budget.

Hey, fishpie! Welcome to the family!!! All the Ladies are giving great suggestions. My addition to those is something with the Swimming With Sharks phero for work. It's always good for both my ManThing and me when we're in working situations--meetings, doing recording, rehearsing, and performing. It's been good for me in teaching groups, too. Have fun trying all your upcoming new stuff! :w00t:

:BananaRow::bananajoy::dreadlocksnaner::bananajoy::BananaRow:

I think my unhappiness is why international postage charges, in general, is so high.

I appreciate your clarification. Mara is more than fair when it comes to shipping costs.

Welcome aboard Fishpie! If you want something sexy try BANG! Try the Extra Proc sample, so you can test the phero, and then decide if you want an UN bottle. I love BANG! It's sexy and works well on my BF who is masculine. Read the reviews on BANG!

Blue Bear has some great stories on there, how men leap to her feet! LOL.

I also love La Fem! I have to post my latest review. This is a SUPER phero for work, and every lady that works in an building with bitchy females and bossholes needs to have this in their Phero arsenal for sure.

hi ladies

just a quick update on my orders.

full sized:

OPEN WINDOWS - 100% Alcohol

Treasured hearts 100% Alcohol

True confession 100% Alcohol

Bam (Orchid Rose) 1 fl.oz.,1x strength

cuddle bunny perfume spray

Sample sized:

Heartease

Portmanteau

BlueMoon

So, in the name of celebrating my birthday, I have spent quite alot... but I have seen the mones work for me, its better to buy these perfumes than buy a usual high street perfume like Burberry/ CK which also costs over £60 each bottle.. but do not work the same way.

What do you ladies think of my order??

XXX :Emoticons10311:

Oh, I see you've listed it here, ignore my post on the other thread!

I also got sample's of Heart's Ease, Portmanteau and Goddess of the Blue Moon, and love them all :) Good choices. I got True Confessions in spray as well but so far haven't used it much. I'd like to know how the BAM spray works out too.

I appreciate your clarification. Mara is more than fair when it comes to shipping costs.

The international postage Amazon charges to ship out here is ridiculous. I'm moving to the US to save the shipping charges of all the international shopping, lol!

@ fish pie, great choice you've made! Enjoy!

Edited by JOC

• 5 months later...

Any update on if you got the effect with your boyfriend you were looking for?

The international postage Amazon charges to ship out here is ridiculous. I'm moving to the US to save the shipping charges of all the international shopping, lol!

@ fish pie, great choice you've made! Enjoy!

You'd save on postage but you'd lose all those awesome salon and massage benefits.

You'd save on postage but you'd lose all those awesome salon and massage benefits.

True, if I go to spas and salons in the neighbourhood,they are almost next to nothing as compared to the rates you pay. If I go it upmarket ones, those for expats, then the prices are comparable but I found a very reasonably priced spa downtown with great ambience a couple of weeks back. In fact, I was gifted a voucher so I bought my daughter along to try the spa out.

On the other hand, even if it is dirt cheap, like the USD10 massage, I don't go as often as I should and could. The work pressure here is very higher,the hours we put in is ridiculous. E.g.my husband is on the road for about 2 weeks out of a month. Duri the 2 weeks that he's here, he rarely gets home before 9.30pm. He has conference calls with his American and European counterparts in the evenings or close to midnight. Depending on which country you work in, your personal leave (holiday) can range from 7 work days to 21 work days. Some countries, you are "discouraged" to consume your leave entirely as it looks bad, i.e. you are not loyal to your boss, job and company.....

Pressure in school is high, particularly back home. One thing, this place is safe in general.

The cost of living has gone up so much over the last 10 years. There aren't any social benefits which we can tap on except what's being provided by our employers. Plus constant pollution and not knowing when people are taking shortcuts in manufacturing our food and water, sometimes we are unsure of how much longer we will stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on if you got the effect with your boyfriend you were looking for?

haha, you remember!! I have had some good experience using LP with my ex-target, he is now in the history since I have moved on... I am dating but no serious BF yet~~ still hone my skill in understanding and decoding men... it takes a while but I am patient! still young and pretty, also with the extra help from LP :Emoticons0424::Emoticons04235:

• 1 month later...