Frog

Gale

AD-Frog.jpg

Frog

Our absolutely euphoric, nature-soaked ode to Earth Day. The aroma of rain soaked earth and wet moss, green plant life and watery florals, tempered ever so slightly with the soothing, sweet scent of incense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
LOTUS ~ Makes a woman irresistible to a man, lovers reunited.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I first put this on, I actually exclaimed out loud "It's Green!" And it is--pure green of grasses, moss, and I swear I smell a pond in early evening, no joke. This is such an outdoors scent. No pine, not floral really, not an idea of what the outdoors smells like, this is it--green.

So I let it be for awhile, and now I can smell a breath of incense and amber, but this lays on top of that incredible green scent like lilies floating on a pond. I didn't think recreating this sort of scent so exactly was possible. I am extremely impressed!!

When I first put this on, I actually exclaimed out loud "It's Green!" And it is--pure green of grasses, moss, and I swear I smell a pond in early evening, no joke. This is such an outdoors scent. No pine, not floral really, not an idea of what the outdoors smells like, this is it--green.

So I let it be for awhile, and now I can smell a breath of incense and amber, but this lays on top of that incredible green scent like lilies floating on a pond. I didn't think recreating this sort of scent so exactly was possible. I am extremely impressed!!

Oh how I NEED my package... I think I am going to have to amp up the fortitude of the postie-trap

May

Oh how I NEED my package... I think I am going to have to amp up the fortitude of the postie-trap

May

So, what kind of traps do you have set this time, May?

*Ingredients represent the magical properties of new growth and healing, mood elevation, creativity, fertility, transformation, "and that comforting frogginess we all need in life".

*Water Lillies and Lotus, Bamboo, Marsh Grasses, Moss, assorted Ivy, Vines and Succulents, Bladderwrack (for that hint of frogginess), Wet Earth and White Amber Resin

In the bottle: Wet and green. The green is just a squee pinch sweeter than mown grass, which may be the florals.

On, wet: Mmmm. This is not swampy at all, but very cool and damp. It's like the woods after a rain fall, fresh and green.

Drydown: A breath of resins plays under the greenery. It's illusive, and it plays at the outer edges of my senses, but it's there. As the scent continues to dry, a "musky, dusky" element comes to the forefront. It smells like old knowledge, without the acrid edge of cynicism. This isn't a "Maiden" scent, as it has too much dignity and calm, despite the Springy greeness of it's opening.

This is another scent I'm having trouble breaking down and describing as a smell, so here's a better description:

You walk into the a clearing in the woods. There are no birds singing, or myserious rustlings -- not because the animals are gone, they are just waiting for what comes next. You settle yourself in the cool moss, and close your eyes. As you clear your mind, the sense memory of other rituals slides through you, and you can almost smell the incense of those times. But today is different, and you bring no props. As your mind settles, your consciousness slips into the earth around you. Your mind merges with the soil and the ancient calm of the Earth. Your body also harmonizes with its surroundings. Wherever your sweat is bitter, or the dark folds of your body held pungent secrets of bottled hurt and bitterness, the Earth cleanses you. When at last you open your eyes, it is with a serenity you didn't know you had. You breath in and smell the dusky scent of your new self, feeling how it matches the quiet power which now rests in every vessel of your body: muscles, lungs, heart.

In the bottle: Wet and green. The green is just a squee pinch sweeter than mown grass, which may be the florals.

On, wet: Mmmm. This is not swampy at all, but very cool and damp. It's like the woods after a rain fall, fresh and green.

Drydown: A breath of resins plays under the greenery. It's illusive, and it plays at the outer edges of my senses, but it's there. As the scent continues to dry, a "musky, dusky" element comes to the forefront. It smells like old knowledge, without the acrid edge of cynicism. This isn't a "Maiden" scent, as it has too much dignity and calm, despite the Springy greeness of it's opening.

This is another scent I'm having trouble breaking down and describing as a smell, so here's a better description:

You walk into the a clearing in the woods. There are no birds singing, or myserious rustlings -- not because the animals are gone, they are just waiting for what comes next. You settle yourself in the cool moss, and close your eyes. As you clear your mind, the sense memory of other rituals slides through you, and you can almost smell the incense of those times. But today is different, and you bring no props. As your mind settles, your consciousness slips into the earth around you. Your mind merges with the soil and the ancient calm of the Earth. Your body also harmonizes with its surroundings. Wherever your sweat is bitter, or the dark folds of your body held pungent secrets of bottled hurt and bitterness, the Earth cleanses you. When at last you open your eyes, it is with a serenity you didn't know you had. You breath in and smell the dusky scent of your new self, feeling how it matches the quiet power which now rests in every vessel of your body: muscles, lungs, heart.

:woohoonaner2gy:

What Scourger said. I really like this one, but I don't think there is anything I can add to her fantastic review! :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

So another vote of confidence here!

May

Edited by May

So far, this is UTTER HEAVEN! I just put it on, so I will pist the drydown, later.

It's freshly cut grass with sweet clover, underneath. I've always sought a true green grass scent, and never found one, before. If I pond or lake note creeps in, I'll be in heaven. If not, I'll love it, anyway.

For some reason, after living in CA all these years, I am very homesick for IN. This is comforting and refreshing. I see a bottle in my near futire.

So far, this is UTTER HEAVEN! I just put it on, so I will pist the drydown, later.

It's freshly cut grass with sweet clover, underneath. I've always sought a true green grass scent, and never found one, before. If I pond or lake note creeps in, I'll be in heaven. If not, I'll love it, anyway.

For some reason, after living in CA all these years, I am very homesick for IN. This is comforting and refreshing. I see a bottle in my near futire.

I really like Frog. I am considering making it one of my vacation/ holiday perfumes. On hot days, when everyone else is all sticky and icky, it would just be like walkign around in your own lush green and cool oasis.

I'm torn between Frog and something tropical....

:)

May

I really like Frog. I am considering making it one of my vacation/ holiday perfumes. On hot days, when everyone else is all sticky and icky, it would just be like walkign around in your own lush green and cool oasis.

I'm torn between Frog and something tropical....

:)

May

that would imply you *have* to make a choice - I say choose NOT to make a choice! :) LP bottles - they're small, and you could always just bring the lil' samplers!

Well, it dried down into a beautiful forest scent, for awhile. Now, it is somethinhg creamy and ambery and luscious. Seems like one could wear is as a fresh, soul-cleansong green scent, during the day, and let it morph into creamy amber, for evening.

I know I'll be getting a bottle. I'm :banana-computer: thinking of adding some mones to it, just for the extra therapeutic effect.

hmmm Im a little torn on this one. I really do like the green smelling scents. This one smells exactly like a pond and grass and moss in the vial. On me it smells more like moisten dirt and pond water which doesnt work on me. I think Im going to give it a while to settle and then try layering it with some sweeter darker resin type of scent to see if it can balance it out. I'll report back when I try that out.

that would imply you *have* to make a choice - I say choose NOT to make a choice! :( LP bottles - they're small, and you could always just bring the lil' samplers!

The only drawback to Frog is that it dies down quite quickly on me and on holiday I don't want to be rummaging in my bag to reapply very often. I'd love it either double strength or may invest in a scent locket. In fact I've found one I want on ebay, so fingers crossed. :wink2:

I kind of want something I can roll on and that is good to go all day. :)

May

Edited by May

The only drawback to Frog is that it dies down quite quickly on me and on holiday I don't want to be rummaging in my bag to reapply very often. I'd love it either double strength or may invest in a scent locket. In fact I've found one I want on ebay, so fingers crossed. :(

I kind of want something I can roll on and that is good to go all day. :wink2:

May

(whispers...Allegro! doya have a sample coming?)

hmmm Im a little torn on this one. I really do like the green smelling scents. This one smells exactly like a pond and grass and moss in the vial. On me it smells more like moisten dirt and pond water which doesnt work on me. I think Im going to give it a while to settle and then try layering it with some sweeter darker resin type of scent to see if it can balance it out. I'll report back when I try that out.

(Psst. It layers amazingly with Medium, both scent and intent -wise.)

Is it wrong that I wish it smelled a little more like dirt and pond water on me? Lol. Different strokes and different scents for everyone, eh?

Is it wrong that I wish it smelled a little more like dirt and pond water on me? Lol. Different strokes and different scents for everyone, eh?

I love it as it is, but it only lasts 2 hours on me. However I put some on some cotton wool about 60 hours ago and I can still smell it. :(

May

lol you're silly, I'll email you my skin chemistry.

Is it wrong that I wish it smelled a little more like dirt and pond water on me?

I so totally knew that you would feel exactly that way, Scourger. I have an alternate version for you that you shall have when next I see you.

:c352-0016:

I so totally knew that you would feel exactly that way, Scourger. I have an alternate version for you that you shall have when next I see you.

:c352-0016:

Please review it when you get it Scourger! I'd love to know what it's like and how "pondy" it is :(

May

Edited by May

Very fresh, very very green, but not in asharp way. Its the smell of fresh cut somethings...alomost watery but with depth. Its really nice right now since I am buried in snow, then drowning in rain here...THATs it...its kinda how everything smells AFTER the rains, but not the heaviness in the air afterwards...very clean.

• 1 month later...

Frog

In vial: a green, lush, wet scent of moss, bamboo and leaves.

On skin: mmm, this is lovely! It smells green and moist and rainforest-like. Reminds me of the botanical gardens and hothouses I’ve visited, a very humid green scent. I smell the pond plants, like reeds and a gorgeous fresh waterlily note, with pulpy bamboo, soft moss, damp leaves, deep green ivy and a hint of earth and water. This really is a very earthy-elemental-watery scent, very green and fitting for a frog. Over time the initial burst of green tones down and the wet earth, reeds, ivy, moss and bamboo really come out, with that beautiful lotus/lily note at the back adding something sophisticated and perfume-y to it. I love the wet earth here with that reedy scent, it smells just like soil after rain. I really love the way this scent is watery but not ‘aquatic’ in that it smells wet, really wet, but not soapy. And then this morphs again…the earth notes disappear, and all that remains is the floral scent of lotus and lily, fresh and bright, boosted by a slightly resinous, slightly white-musky, perfumey note which I think is the white amber. It’s very nice. I did prefer the lush wetness from before, but I like this floral drydown, I also smell something smoky in there, like vetiver. I really like this one. I wish it retained that ‘froggy’ scent of rainforests and rainy puddles and mud for longer, but this is such a unique scent all round, and I’m keeping my sample of it.

• 9 months later...

well i guess im the newest one to review after the april posting,

and i just want to say

this scent is a keeper.

first hour it was very green/rainforesty smelling;

similar to clearly natural rainforest soap but sweeter and earthier.

it rained and everything growing in the vicinity is being noted.

after 3+ hours i get what i smell when i am gardening-

dirt, twigs, leaves, earth .

i adore this scent.

DH loves this one. He asked for it forever before I remembered to order him one. Now he hides his little vial of it. It is...well, green. But not fresh green, but leafy green, and earthy, but with a soft hint of incense. By the end of the day it is the remains of a floral bouquet - not a fancy one, but the wildflowers you picked, now wilted and a touch musky.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious to know is it anything like Hoyden?

Hoyden to me smells alot like fresh cut grass...on a warm suny day...but it was a bit strong on me maybe cause I accidently od lol...

Sorry, sometimes those vials are kinda tough to open with my short stumpy nails...trying to grow them out at the moment though...

so, anyone here tried both hoyden and frog??

Ok, on the vials, try gripping the whole top with your fingertip edges and rock the top back and forth. It'll slowly rise up. Saves the nails!

And frog doesn't smell nearly as "green" as Hoyden does to me. It has more a musky, earthy, rain or pond smell to me. I just discovered this one last week, I have always meant to try it, but never have. I ordered a full bottle immediately! It is GORGEOUS, perfect for a hot day to bring a cool, moist, relaxing feeling!

• 3 months later...

Quince loves this one too, he says it smells like his backyard after it rains...and it does! The green elements are much more present in the vial, after drydown this is much more wood/earth-like to me. It has an almost smoky evocation to me, which must be the incense note. It reminds me of one time when I was visiting him and we took an early morning walk, and there was a lovely sense of purity, like the world had been freshly-washed.

• 6 months later...

Hey, if I have a sniffie, I might as well try it! Unfortunately this is way, way WAY too green for me, like fresh-cut grass and cucumbers, both notes that my nose really doesn't agree with. I can stand either one in the distant background of a blend, but when they're up front like this, it's just not for me. Ah well, we all have our different tastes.

Strange. I could have sworn I reviewed this months ago!

On my guy friends this is GREEN. Wet leafy plants kinda green. Dew hanging like gems in the underbrush.

On my skin this is a totally different animal. Smells bone dry and mossy. Very male, actually. Maybe some yarrow in there.

I have probably reviewed this one but Frog is one of my faves.

On me its floral and green,

I think all things green,wet,and fertile with some flowers and earth.

I dont get dry at all.

It smells like life , I think "Ferngully" .

• 11 months later...

Your description is beautiful... i can really imagine myself in the woods... it brought good memories of walking my fds dog a long time ago.... Ahh... I miss the walk..... I miss that damp, wet, fresh smell of the woods after rain.... The peacefullness too! Your comment made me put a STAR on my list to get it! THANKYOU!

• 2 months later...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! AT first the greeness of the scent reminds me of Eye of the storm... Almost like sharp green...

but then a few hours later, the colour changed into a baby turquoise! It morphed into SUCH a BEAUTIFUL musk on me!!! AHHH... I LOVE IT! I can't get enough of this! It's just wonderful!! IT's almost like baby powder on me! This is THE one for me!!! MY TOP of the month definitely!! :lol2::D:D

Oh Bumbob, you've got me all excited! I've been waiting to collect my "Frogs" and a number of other bottles from my friend but we seem to miss each other all the time.

I'll can't wait to review this scent!

• 2 months later...

Something in Frog reminds me of Excalibur.... I wonder what it is.... :jumpforjoy: