Lina's Tropical Cupcake

hearts

I heart my PE :) Mara is amazing! I asked for a tropical cupcake and she delivered. This kind of reminds me of Darling Clementine but with pineapple instead of orange. And darling c happens to be one of my all time faves. Perfect gourmand for summer. Thanks Mara!

• 3 weeks later...

I am not giving up on this one yet! I love how it starts off all buttercreamy and dreamy, but then something weird happens as it dries down and the pineapple starts to push through. The pineapple gets really sour for some reason, it could be because I am about to get my period, which turns some sweet scents sour and piercing on me. I am going to let this rest a bit and retest in a week or two.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered this unsniffed and am so glad I did. I put on a stripe and shouted "YUMMY!!" my mouth is watering from the nice tart pineapple- one of my favorite fruits and I like that it isn't a dried or candied pineapple but a bursting, just-hacked-it-open-and-it's-gushing-juice freshness. The coconut is also fresh grated coconut. Sooo happy

ETA now in the drydown it is giving me the buttercream in equal amounts, most reminiscent of La Fleur Cremeuse's. LadyV you're gonna love this when your skin decides to cooperate.

Edited by tyvey

I ordered this unsniffed and am so glad I did. I put on a stripe and shouted "YUMMY!!" my mouth is watering from the nice tart pineapple- one of my favorite fruits and I like that it isn't a dried or candied pineapple but a bursting, just-hacked-it-open-and-it's-gushing-juice freshness. The coconut is also fresh grated coconut. Sooo happy

ETA now in the drydown it is giving me the buttercream in equal amounts, most reminiscent of La Fleur Cremeuse's. LadyV you're gonna love this when your skin decides to cooperate.

I shall give it a couple of days. I have been eyeing it wondering when to test.

I do love the buttercreamyness of it.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a lovely, light, sweet scent. It's not heavy and POW FOODIE as a lot of cake scents can be. I was worried that it would end up smelling too much like a pina colada, but it doesn't! It's a lovely blend of vanilla was just enough coconut to make it fluffy. The pineapple is very subtle, too, and comes out as wafts of fruity sweetness rather than fruit salad. Vanilla-based, with a fruity edge.

• 2 weeks later...

As I am a sucker for most tropical scents I had to try this! I love how juicy the pineapple is in the beginning, it reminds me of Ann's Chocolate-dipped Pineapple in that way. The coconut is kind of vague on me, but luckily the pineapple keeps the buttercream aspect from going too weird with my chemistry. In the drydown this is a nice rich vanilla...I'm actually thinking of layering it with other tropical-themed PEs I have. like Kovey's Limeindacoconut or Chris' Pink Coco-Mango.

• 11 months later...

Revisiting my PE again. It's sooo good. It's very different from the Tropical Cupcake HW which goes a bit mapley on me (i love the HW too though) The pineapple is bright, the coconut is flaky and omg the vanilla is decadent. Layered a little with Sunfire- it's awesome together!!! Tropical Cupcake has aged well!

Edited by hearts

• 1 year later...

Wearing this today. It's aged so yummy. The pineapple is less in your face- it's VERY coconutty. Like a coconut cake. I've had two people tell me I smell good today and another tell me my office smelled good- like coconut. I can't wait to layer this with the Banana or Pineapple Fairy Cake scents.

• 2 weeks later...