Tangy Tart

Invidiana

AD-TangyTart-LovePotion_.jpg

Tangy Tart

When it comes to a summer refresher, there's nothing like a tall glass of lemonade. But here at LPMP we have our own ideas about what would make a lovely lively lemonade and thus this special recipe was born. This is our raspberry lemonade fragrance which will help you beat the heat in an altogether luscious way! We blended multiple types of tart lemon, tangy raspberry and sweet strawberry with the richness of brown sugar and then to give it an icy aura we included cool notes of lettuce, tiny drops of cucumber and black licorice plus the smooth polish of amber to make it wearable even when the temps are high!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
LETTUCE ~ Cools lustful passions, chastity, love, divination, promotes rest.
CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.
LICORICE ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know how Mara did it but this manages to be both tangy and cooling at once, and cooling without being mentholic at all. The best way I can describe it is sipping an ice-cold glass of pink lemonade (pink from the raspberry and strawberry) by a fan or a breezy window. I was afraid that the lettuce and cucumber would clash with the other notes but they don't come off as lettuce and cucumber at all, just a refreshing current of cool. The air-conditioning effect doesn't burn off, no pun intended, either; it lasts! Just sniffing it I feel like the temp has gone down a couple degrees.

When I smell it out of the vial it smells like a Lemon Head candy (my favorite).

I did try this on skin today & on my skin it smells like my favorite Lifesaver ever-Raspberry/Lemon. Yum! Idk, if this is a wearable scent for me, but I will definitely scent my house with it an oil warmer.

Edited by Beccah

This was one of the scents I didn't think was really for me and I was correct (although I will try it again tomorrow in case of olfactory fatigue)...hmmm hang on, the initial smell of Kool Aid powder vanished there for a second and this cool raspberry came out, then Kool Aid powder returned, this is weird, it switches back and forth, this will need a totally clean arm/hand and testing alone I think to get a real true picture of it. Right this second I kind of like it. This months scents thus far 5/5 likes!

Tangy Tart is so far the tartest LP I´ve tried and the initial blast of tartness reminds me so much of Mamelons de Cerise! They are not very similar, but they have a similar vibe and the tangy-tarty bite they share is awesome...

TT smells like raspberry/strawberry lemonade…I get no licorice, lettuce or brown sugar. This potion feels like bathing in a tub of lemonade with nicely cut pieces of strawberry and raspberry floating around…The lemon is refreshing and perfect for summer! I love how Mara blended this, and it is more of a citrus scent than a fruity scent.

The only downside is that it is not very long lasting on me, but it projects very well for being a citrus scent…I will try layering it with body lotion to get more lasting power.

I just made BF smell a patch of this on my arm, (I say that like I haven't been making him smell bits of me all day! Lol!), and he says it's his favourite LP so far. It reminds him of his childhood - a gum he used to love to chew. He said he always used to chew the hell out of it, to suck all the flavour out that he could, because the flavour never lasted long enough. Hmm... I wonder if the same principle will apply? :huh::lol:

LoL! Eggers I hope he applies it on you, hehe, let us know how it goes....My BF also likes tarty LPs the most...even more than the vanilla-y ones... :P

Initially this reminds me of MRF with the combination of the pink tones and the brown sugar,but it really is brown sugar-sweetened pink lemonade (I used to make a version of it in my younger days). I only get the "chilly" notes in the drydown once the richness and intensity of the other notes have faded. It's fascinating, but I'm not quite sure if it's "me" just yet.

Luna did you find it chilly on your skin too? I had this on my outer forearm last night and it feels cold!

ETA-I found this a nice bedtime scent. Not sure if the licorice reminds me of Sogni and that is why it has a sleepy feel to me. Also, I know lettuce is soporific, but does this have actual lettuce in it?

Edited by cinnamonmel

You know I didn't notice...usually only blends with mint in them have that effect on me. As far as the lettuce it's likely an accord, but there might actually be an extract or EO out there!

You know I didn't notice...usually only blends with mint in them have that effect on me. As far as the lettuce it's likely an accord, but there might actually be an extract or EO out there!

It was subtle but definitely cool feeling, not as much as peppermint, but there. It may also be due to where I put it perhaps. I'll report back next time I wear it and see if it was a crazy one off.

ETA it did indeed have a cool feel to it. Not crazily cold but still there. Even weirder, if you blow on it or rub your wrists together it feels colder afterward, not warmer!

Edited by cinnamonmel

Wow, this is VERY lemon on me. Almost too much so at first, I feel like I need to layer it with something else. But as it dries down it gets sweeter, which is perfect. Sweet lemonade, a lovely bright note that would life my spirits on the darkest day. I'm sure I will love this one even more in summer, when I imagine it will be refreshingly cooling.

I really adore this one too! It reminds me of the summers we would walk to the corner store and buy LIK M AID

It was tangy and sweet, and totally summer. It reminds me of those and sweet tarts; another one of my childhood favorites.

This is fun, carefree, and sweet in a scent! I love it!

sweet.jpg

I love this. It's sooo Tangy and sooo Tart. It reminds me a bit of Candy Pop. I love the lemon and the berries. I get no brown sugar specifically but just a richness at drydown that's lovely. The lettuce and cucumber are definitely just translated as coolness. Very yummy. My daughters love this one too.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This is another fragrance I tested not that long ago. This was really juicy and fruity in the bottle. Immediately following application, I didn't smell anything at all on my skin. A few moments later I got citrus, orange, and raspberry tea - coming up at me. It smelled fruity, but in a muted kind of way. A few minutes later I got really strong whiffs of lemon pledge. :nope02716:

Five hours later, I kept getting lemon pledge with some kind of berries underneath. When I asked others how I smelled- they told me they smelled melons.

I refreshed the fragrance and when it was wet it smelled exactly like the bottle. After it dried this time I got the lemon pledge again with berries underneath. After that it turned really sour on my skin. It wasn't a strong sour - just slightly sour. Finally iit died down into a so-so lemondade smell, but every now and then the piercing lemon pledge smell would come out.

I love this one... I was organizing my samples yesterday and realized that I had never tried this one on and its pure Pink Lemonade on me. I want to get a bottle of this for summer for sure. This just made me feel like I was in the middle of summer when I tried in on yesterday. After a bit I could smell the cucumber in this and that note took over for a bit but then the Lemonade smell came back.... This one is really unique

• 4 months later...

This is one of the baby freebies Mara tossed in and i gotta say, this one is my most favourite :D

its sweet and tart like that pink lemonade drink mix! :Love09751:

It layers well with dabs and if i want to, i can just slather it on to over power the other scent completely (which is okay too i guess)

perfect smell, i just want to huff it til i pass out

Been wearing this quite a bit the past week,now that I have a bottle coming from the sale :) ...it is very uplifting & energizing...makes me smile. I have an extra sample too with a few drops of EOW in it,it covers really well !!!

• 1 year later...

I'm trying this for the first time today. This is sweet lemony goodness! Yum! I was worried because I put it on and it seemed to disappear but it came back. I think the lemon just mellowed and my nose adjusted to it. It's bright and lemony sweet. The raspberry and strawberry are just little sweet pink accents. I think the amber and licorice help to add just the slighted hint of depth. I really love this one. It actually reminds me a bit of Sweet Chic, which I only ever had a small sample of and loved!

Edited by tink333

I love this scent and recently received a FB of this gem and its just what I needed to brighten my day. Its spring in a bottle, its pink lemonade with a floral mix on me and the scent wits in and out and just continues to give me great smelling goodness thru out the day. Its a bright lemon on me followed by heavy sugar, followed by dainty little flowers mingling in the background

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a big one for citrus but this isn't too much like Pledge! There's a rounded sweetness that makes it a bit more gentle rather than in-your-facy tangy thanks to the pink fruit and the amber. Can't wait for the weather to heat up so I can wear this out on the town!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/31/2012 at 2:28 PM, LadyVictoria said:

I really adore this one too! It reminds me of the summers we would walk to the corner store and buy LIK M AID

It was tangy and sweet, and totally summer. It reminds me of those and sweet tarts; another one of my childhood favorites.

This is fun, carefree, and sweet in a scent! I love it!

sweet.jpg

Omg, LIK M AID?!!!

Now that's the best!

Do not let all of these notes scare you, this is an amazing blend and I'm shocked that there is still some bottles left.  This is sunny Florida in a bottle. I feel like someone just turned on the spotlight of the sun and it lights me up and makes me happy every time I wear this one...The cucumber lightly peaks out and gives it that crisp and tart smell... Grab a bottle and you will not be disappointed.

5 hours ago, dolphindolls2 said:

. Grab a bottle and you will not be disappointed.

Awesome! My man hates cucumber but I think it will be worth having this one in my arsenal.

• 3 weeks later...

My super duper mega oh my god sales order came today! No surprise, I've had like 8 little rolls of this and that here and there, but so far my new-to-me favorites in my haul are the Sugared Sandalwood and this Tangy Tart! The lemon is bright and cheery, and the lemon tree outside my window is peering in at me in a curious way. If I could read this tree's mind, I do believe it would be wondering why it's suddenly finding me so attractive. I bet it would be good with some Buttercream Peach!

• 1 year later...

I am sure this has some to do with this being 8 years old, but I am surprised with how candied this smells at least from the ingredients. Tangy Tart definitely suits the name. I expected this to be on the level of freshness and brightness as Petite Baie ...maybe that's a little greener.

Even like a lemon drop candy reminds me of this.

ETA: 15min in and omg licorice and amber are starting to warm up. I had no idea Tangy Tart had some good solid bass notes. I almost smell sandalwood, but that's not listed in here. Whatever this smooth concoction is can put me under hypnosis and talk me into anything.

Still working on getting me a cherry note fragrance, and so reached for this one since it's so candied and I am living for it  😁

Edited by Ivysaur

On 2/5/2020 at 5:39 PM, hedgehog said:

@Ivysaur  Great review, I love the older scents and seeing how they’ve evolved over time! By the way, Tingle Tangle is still on the old website if you don’t have it already- that’s a cherry scent. 

Thing is, I don't have a current version or anything so I'll never know what it originally smelled like. But it's all good :)

I would have never seen it available, thank you! What's the old site address? Maybe I should call or email in?

Edited by Ivysaur

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/538088767/tingle-tangle-handcrafted-fragrance-for

It's even on sale! :) 
@Ivysaur

Me neither, I don’t know how a lot of the scents smelled new.  But it’s fun reading the very first reviews and comparing them to my impressions now!

Edited by hedgehog
Forgot to tag

On 2/7/2020 at 6:35 PM, hedgehog said:

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/538088767/tingle-tangle-handcrafted-fragrance-for

It's even on sale! :) 
@Ivysaur

Me neither, I don’t know how a lot of the scents smelled new.  But it’s fun reading the very first reviews and comparing them to my impressions now!

omgosh goodie! Thank ya     I'm 'bout to go on a cherry spree here in a sec, er at least tart-ish. I'll see when I can buy this and 02.20 together.