Happy Water 2012 with Alpha-Androstenol

BLOSSOM OF BITTER ORANGE ~ Strong "magnet" to attract men, eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder, uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches.

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion, intensifies love spells and success spells, love, money, success, power, increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

SWEET CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol, beauty, psychic powers.

DAFFODIL ~ Regard, sympathy and affection returned, love, fertility, luck.

ROSE & ROSE HIPS ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection and love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibility, soothes marital problems.

JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity, powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

PHERO BLEND ~ Alpha Androstenol.

I had always wanted to try the first version but missed out so I couldn't wait to sample this. Even though florals don't agree with me I thought perhaps the clove, ginger and bergamot would give some balance and make it wearable for me. I like to try new scents blind before rereading the ingredients to see if I can pick out any notes.

My first impression with this was: "Hey, how can it actually smell like fresh water?" And it does! I did pick up on the jasmine right away even though it's the last ingredient. The bergamot is also there giving it an understated floral feel, which is a plus. I didn't pick up the rose (which is a good thing for my chemistry) and I think the Ylang Ylang was there, but blended so well with the spice notes that it didn't smell licorice-y on me the way the actually Y.Y. fragrance did (in flying potion). I had both Squeaky clean and this on on (one on my leg and the other on opposite arm) and they are completely different.

This has tremendous staying power and I can still catch a whiff the next morning. But it doesn't smell stale like so many florals do on me. I normally shy away from florals because they either just sit on my skin and won't play nice with my chemistry or they amp terribly and I smell like one of those old ladies who is wears waaaay too much perfume (and it's ALWAYS a floral)

But this doesn't do that. It's subtle, cool, and fresh without smelling green. And I love that it is boosted with A-nol. I only tried a dab, not a full on application, but I plan to do that today.

Oh my gosh, Raq On! You've left no hope for my bank balance now... ;)

I'm glad you've found some florals that agree with you. It's nice to have a few different types of scents, and especially nice when you find you can wear one or two of a certain type that you thought you couldn't.

eggers, I think I remember you saying you were a floral ho right? (I'm a resin/spice ho) If you are, then run, don't walk to LP and try this. (and squeaky clean). I am so happy to have found something in another scent category. I love my spices and resins, but lately I've become a leeetle too obsessed with finding the "right" one. I was sort of waiting for something from the other end of the spectrum to go for.

Not so much a floral ho - more a foodie ho. But I do like lighter florals, or fruity florals, as long as the floral aspect is milder. I *do* love jasmine and ylang ylang, however. And watery scents. That's why I was hoping I wouldn't like this one! Lol! (Save myself a little money!!!)

I'm sorry ladies, but it will be impossible not to like this one. The first version is one of the few bottles that I went through fairly quickly.

ERMAHGAH! True to the original! I want to do nothing else but sit with the vial under my nose & my eyes closed :) This also makes me want to try Lanman & Murry's Florida Water soap & cologne for comparison purposes, but I suspect that I would be disappointed after having smelled luxe version ;)

I'm trying this today, very curious to know if the smell is the same as the original Happy Water which was GGG long time ago. I don't know if the ingredients are exactly the same, but I find the smell quite different, at least to my nose. I still have a bottle of the old version, which of course has aged over the years. I think I should wait for some time and give the new one the chance to age a well. I like both but I still prefer the old version.

This is lovely! I'm amazed that it smells so pretty and soft. For some reason, perhaps the clove, I expected a bit of a pokier scent. But I would be quite happy to pour this all over myself every day. I was wondering how one makes something smell reminiscent of water, and I guess this is exactly the way to do it. I love aquatic scents, and this is absolutely perfect. Like fresh, clean, cool water.

You know, being that Florida Water cologne is actually unisex, I would bet money that this would smell great on a man.

This kind of spicy floral is not really me, but I know the orignal version of this was immensely popular. And it is definitely unisex, I think, because the floral aspect is more of an undertone to the spice/citrus notes.

• 3 weeks later...

smells like a spicy floral I agree.. I smell the rose with some sweetness and spice..I like it but I got to get used to the rose and It would probably be better in a spray form.A refreshing blend.

Now I'm wearing the old version on my left arm and the the 2012 version on my right arm (just to compare the scents). Both versions are still not exactly same to my nose, but the longer I let them settle on my skin, the more I like the new 2012 version. The new version is more floral to me while I get more citrus from the old version. Both are subtle but still long lasting. I'll wear the new version to the office tomorrow.

• 3 months later...

This is amazing, its like I'm strolling thru a garden of lovely flowers, its not a powerful in your face floral, it makes me feel effervescent. The orange and ginger are the most prominent on me. This is bottle worthy and I will making a purchase of this very soon...love it...

Edited by dolphindolls2

• 1 month later...

I found this to be aquatic first, then floral, then incense (like smelling the stick before you light it.)

I put it on before bed after a shower, and found it to be distracting--that might have been because I did a strip down the front

of my neck and then a bit on my torso. I'll try it again but not on my neck.

I like it though. It's not a full bottle purchase, but I'll likely use up the sample because I think it'd be a mellow day scent-- just maybe not a bedtime scent.

What does Alpha-Androstenal do again?

I love this one. It reminds me very slightly of the 4711 my grandfather bought for me when I was a teenager. It's not the same smell, necessarily, but it has the same cheerful vibe, and the same citrusy "top" to it that made me love 4711 so much. (I was SO SAD when that bottle was gone!).

• 3 months later...

What a fun scent! This is clean, wholesome goodness in a bottle. On application, Happy Water smells very unisex to me... reminiscent of aftershave, almost. But once this settles down on my skin, the florals come busting out, making it uniquely feminine. For some reason, this evokes the feeling of being a college freshman in me, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Not that I want to greet every morning with that attitude, but this definitely makes the short-list for a full bottle purchase!

...This is clean, wholesome goodness in a bottle...

LOL! I was just thinking I'd like to add cops to this, to make it LAMmy! Now I feel like a dirty girl! :P

Edited by Eggers

LOL! I was just thinking I'd like to add cops to this, to make it LAMmy! Now I feel like a dirty girl! :P

Ohhh, that's a great idea, actually! It's like... a sexy ambush!

• 1 month later...

Somehow this was just not at all what I thought it would smell like. It has a watery "essence" to it, if that's the right word, but it doesn't smell like water to me in the way some of the other blends do. The spiciness is what really stands out to me. It smells at first rather like a men's cologne, that kind of chemical, fresh cleanness. As it dries on me it becomes lightly floral, not as sweet as most florals, and still rather chemical. There's some note in it that is very "in your face" - perhaps it is the ginger, or the bitter orange? All that said, I actually rather like it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a Mara question: I have a full bottle of Happy Water 2012 that I was thinking about adding cops to, to make it a little bit "LAMmy". I don't want to add a whole bunch, and I don't want to add any at all, if it'll ruin the bottle, 'cause I quite like the scent, and I plan to get a lot of use out of it this summer, with or without cops. So my question is, how much could I add, if any at all, to a bottle that's essentially still full?

Or... would a better bet be to go in search of Tail or some other watery cops scent to wear with it?

• 1 month later...

I really really like this for when the rag is ragin' It's a very clean smelling scent to me. I refreshed with this at work because of the anol and it's just all around fun time!

I LOVE ANOL. LOL.

I feel good and clean which is important when you are on day number 2 of your period. Usually that is the worst for me, so I selected something that smelled clean and would keep my mind off of the cramps and blood that is pounding out of my snatch.

This totally does the trick for me.