Love Potion: Humidity - Summer Solstice 2012

Dolly

Well, I received this one today, and while I will say it is more floral than I usually go for (many florals go rank on me), this one is nice....and it is behaving very nicely with my skin thus far.

There is a definite "darkness" and depth to it, with the florals dancing on top.....this one is nice! Will update later as it ages on me.....

So far, I like it very much!

Wow, Dolly! Your package got there fast! :D

Don't know if I mentioned this on the offering, but I have found that here's a huge difference between bottle and skin with this blend, with the intended scent coming out nicely on the skin, but from the bottle it can be deceiving, so please try this one on the skin, people! :).

Yes, it did get here very fast! And I noticed that as well....totally different character on the skin than in the bottle.....

Right now, it is a very soft, pretty floral, with a bit of mystery......

Well, final verdict.....Humidity faded out on me by now, but I did wear it all day....I can barely smell a little teensy floral-type sweetness where I applied. Now, granted, I did not slather as I normally do, mostly because I know my skin can do UGLY things to many florals, so I wanted to go conservative. Next time I wear it, I will do so more liberally, since my skin seems to play nicely with the florals that are in there.....

I think this one is going to be very popular......

Oh I think I found my favorite Love Potion. I'm not much of a floral girl... I usually stick to fruity or gourmand scents. But wow this is nice. Its floral but fresh too. It's very soft and smells very feminine. I feel like this scent will just draw people closer to get a better whiff ;) this is like standing in a hot humid flower garden with the lovely scent of flowers wafting in the air. Ahhhh...

ooooh, this is nice!!! It's like standing in a Southern garden with dew dripping off the petals. There's almost a skin like scent going on in the background. I'm a huge fan of plumeria, but I know it can run amok in fragrances, but this one plays very nicely with the other flowers in here. This is a wonderful summer scent!

On me this is deep, rich and bright all at once. Not sure which ingredient reads as 'fruity' on my skin, but it lends a lovely sweet/tart feel to the floral side. It's HUMID here, and this blooms very nicely in it! Gorgeous!

ETA: DOH! Apricot! That note ususally is very LOUD on me - in this blend it's not, it's just a parner. How nice!

Edited by katz

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.

PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.

HAWAIIAN WHITE GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

EGYPTIAN ROSE GERANIUM ~ Blessings, Fertility, Love, Protection.

APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.

OAK MOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.

Ok, so I went out to the garage & stood in the heat to get this bloom a bit faster. My nose picked out the plumeria first, then the orchid, & now the oakmoss has come to the fore. It's hard for me to form an opinion right now because I do have a lot of other scents interfering in my periphery.

Now, I've always said that Mara could put white amber and white musk in anything, and I would love it... but they don't stand out in this one, like they do in some of the other ones that I love. I get a lot of vanilla, apricot, and some light creamy florals... thank goodness no frankincense (Frank is NOT my friend)

It lasts for a long time - I applied around 6:00 am, and it's 6:30 pm, and I can still smell it faintly... the throw diminished after about 5 hours though.

I had to get a sample first because I was leery of the geranium (which I have amped to death on every single occasion no matter the company that perfume was from) but I get NONE! :bday1029: It's probably somewhere there playing nice with the other notes but staying way down. The plumeria is the floral which is prominent, and absolutely lovely as that. It dries down to a cool, breezy summertime scent that has something of a sexy just-washed skin feel to it. Funny how it's called "Humidity" when it would be perfect for counteracting weather like that. The further it dries down, the more the soft creamy vanilla and sheer musk and amber also emerge. No question that I need a bottle.

Oh no....I feel so sad in saying this, but right now I'm not sure I want a full bottle :'( It's come to a really, almost masculine, powdery finish. Very dry, I'm not sure if this variant is going to be a Beccah scent :/

This is my favorite out of all the new releases. It has a tangy, musky and firey type of feel. I love the way it lays on my skin and provides a provocative smell that makes the boys druel. awsome! :draggy:

To my nose it is very floral with a fruity touch. During the first hour it smelled fresh and lived up to its name, Humidity, but later it turned more and more powdery. Plumeria and orchid are still the most prominent flowers of this blend. It's not my favourite of this month but I still like it as a nice summer scent.

Oh, I SO wasn't expecting to love this one, or even like it! Too many flowers together scares me sometimes. But there is something absolutely stunning about this. It's softly floral, like being in my Gramma's garden on a hot day, when you can smell a bit of everything in the air. There's something underlying the florals, (an amber? a musk?), that really has my attention. It feels as if whatever is under the flowers is gently grounding them. This is sheer, and sexy, and absolutely gorgeous.

This is Plumeria I can wear. It tends to give me a headache usually. This is meeting up in the hothouse of a stately home with someone you are not supposed to be with and having hot and frantic sex, grabbing at eachothers clothing and squashing fallen blossoms against the floor with your hot and sweaty bodies. Later. languidly strolling around the grounds,feigning innocence, loose limbed and smiling, the scent of flowers still clinging.

Wearing this again this morning, I have been out in the grey damp...sigh. This cheered me though. And also despite waking up nauseated and a bit shaky, I was pretty happy after putting this on. Today I can smell more of the apricot, but it is still not a fruity scent. This is wearing beautifully on me I have to say, a real winner.

Alas, I think the Plumeria is too strong, at least for now....though it really is the scent of flowers and humid air, as it were (having experienced this a few times I know whereof I speak) and thus it is on the money conceptually. I wish the LP base was somewhat stronger on my skin, because the plumeria just crowds it out. But for those who love the big tropical floral thang this is a good'un.

How did you manage to capture my vacation in a bottle!!!! Omg this reminds me of MIAMI! Sexy, Hot, Humid, LIVE WITH ENERGY AND EXCITEMENT!

This totally smells like Miami to me! I wore it to bed last night and Bf responded well, because I didn't get to go to sleep right away.

I really love how warm this smells on my skin!

I'm usually bad at detecting scents without reading the description (or just forgetting after ordering) but right off the bat my mind went "PLUMERIA!!" when I applied this. Lo and behold, plumeria is in the description, go me! So far I can't detect any of the other notes but I'll wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wearing this "accidentally" tonight, (touched little dipstick to my nose, so figured, why not?, then did a semi-slathering), and I just cannot stop huffing myself. I really, *really* love Humidity. This is SO full bottle worthy. I love every little change this makes from vial to the first application, the dry-down stage, the waaayyy-after-dry-down stage. I find myself reaching for my sample vial all the time, just for a sniff. It has become an almost compulsive behaviour! The first thing I do in the morning, the first thing I do when I come home from work, at intermittent points in the evening - pull out my vial of Humidity and steal a little sniff. I can't stop. And I'm okay with that. ;)

Lol Tyvey! Prell!

I think I'm addicted to this LP. I simply cannot stop sniffing it. Even when I'm wearing other perfectly lovely perfumes, I still find myself pulling out the vial for a little huff. I realized that I wasn't wearing it from my tester, save for a little swipe on my arm so I could sniff at leisure, because I didn't want to run out. Duh. I finally figured out that was *probably* an indication that I should get a full bottle. And now I have one on the way. I can't wait! Today I gave in and slathered with it. So gorgeous!

I can't believe I forgot to review this one! It is a lovely sweet floral, yet it is deep and dark as well. Is this the oakmoss? It is very well rounded and balanced, the sweet with the dark, grounding element. After a few minutes on my skin it changes character and goes a bit like play-doh on me, but in a good way. Oh, like a nice smelling candle!

Two questions:

Any suggestions as far as Humidity compatible Occos? I just cannot keep my hands off my trial vial - this scent is so sexy on me that I keep lamenting that I have no cops to wear with it, especially as it feels extra-special with LFM. Alas my LFM is not boosted with cops.

And would this scent take a cops boost? I don't know what it is, but Humidity just feels like it needs some cops. Pro'lly 'cause it's so darned sexy!

Having a hard time sitting still - my bottle of LP Humidity should be here sometime between Wednesday & Friday!!! I'm so excited that I could squeal!

Edited for second and third punctuation fails of the day. Rack 'em up Eggers!

Edited by Eggers

I'm pretty sure there are. These two don't really smell anything alike, but I really, really fell in love with Sneaky Clean. I mean REALLY. And when I first read about this one, I didn't think I was going to like it at all, because florals can give me such wicked headaches. But I find that every time I put this on, I like it a little bit, (okay, a lot), more than I did the last time. I still have a little bit left in my sample vial, and I pull it out every single day, at least three times, just to get a little whiff of it. :lol: And when I wonder what I'm going to wear, once Iget up and at 'em in the morning, my first thought is always "Hmm... Humidity?!!". I am such a dork, I know. But I love this floral. Who'd a thunk it? And that I love it as much as Sneaky Clean is pretty incredible, 'cause I absolutely adore that scent.

ETA Mrs C, there are still lots of Humidity samples in the cart. I just checked. ;)

Edited by Eggers

I'm pretty sure there are. These two don't really smell anything alike, but I really, really fell in love with Sneaky Clean. I mean REALLY. And when I first read about this one, I didn't think I was going to like it at all, because florals can give me such wicked headaches. But I find that every time I put this on, I like it a little bit, (okay, a lot), more than I did the last time. I still have a little bit left in my sample vial, and I pull it out every single day, at least three times, just to get a little whiff of it. :lol: And when I wonder what I'm going to wear, once Iget up and at 'em in the morning, my first thought is always "Hmm... Humidity?!!". I am such a dork, I know. But I love this floral. Who'd a thunk it? And that I love it as much as Sneaky Clean is pretty incredible, 'cause I absolutely adore that scent.

ETA Mrs C, there are still lots of Humidity samples in the cart. I just checked. ;)

Eggers, you are definitely not a dork :)

Thank you for checking, I will order one when the NR's get released. Will be interesting to see if I like it as much as you do.