Love Potion: Humidity - Summer Solstice 2012

Dolly

• 7 months later...

I have been going to this one quite a bit lately. It doesn't scream floral on me at all. Rather it has an essence of floral that is so interwoven with warmth that it brings to mind the end of a day spent in the sun. Or like if I had worn a stronger scent on a warm summer day and then fell asleep in a hammock for a couple of hours. Sun kissed summer skin. I love it and will be getting a FB since I used my sample up.

• 1 month later...

LP Humidity is one of those perfumes I wish none of you liked, so I could keep it all for myself! :lol: It's one of those few scents that make me *feel* womanly, and it makes me happy just to smell it - even in the bottle. I wore it once, earlier this past spring, but it wasn't hot enough for me to appreciate it; the scent really does bloom in the humid weather, which is why I'm wearing it today. It's hotter and wetter than the soggiest hell here, and the thing making it not only not completely awful, enjoyable even, is this perfume.

I've even had 3 compliments on it today! One from BF who snuffled me and groaned that I smelled "soooo gooooood", and two were from people I passed in our local health food store. I stopped to buy some tomatoes and plums, having passed two young women on my way down the aisle, and I could hear them whispering to each other about how "freaking awesome" I smell! :lol: And yes, yes I do! :D

• 1 month later...

I never really thought I liked florals, but the more I smell LP's... the more I truuuuly love florals! This one is a very rich, warm, exotic floral. I think of a hot, summer Georgia night in times where there was no A/C. One of those old southern mansions surrounded by beautiful summer flowers. It's night time and there's a warm glow around the house from the lamp lights and candles burning. The heat makes the flowers blush with more of their summer fragrance and the night lends to the more exotic nature of the smell. I feel like a southern belle on a hot summer night with this on! Love it!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Alright... another one for the list. Tel Aviv's hot, humid summer needs a bottle of this. :)
ETA: ordering this as soon as I get home from work

Ordered!
Yay!

ETA March 13, the package has arrived!

It is a summer garden in opulent bloom. So incredibly beautiful, clean yet lush, not the least bit soapy.
Very femme - not femme fatale, just a lady in a cream colored dress holding a pristine bloom in her hand.
Wow. I am elated that I have a full bottle, I can totally see this worn to work every single day of the summer.
Quite possibly something a bride would wear in a summer wedding.

Edited by reincarnated

• 2 weeks later...

LP Humidity is one of those perfumes I wish none of you liked, so I could keep it all for myself! http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/laugh.png It's one of those few scents that make me *feel* womanly, and it makes me happy just to smell it - even in the bottle. I wore it once, earlier this past spring, but it wasn't hot enough for me to appreciate it; the scent really does bloom in the humid weather, which is why I'm wearing it today. It's hotter and wetter than the soggiest hell here, and the thing making it not only not completely awful, enjoyable even, is this perfume.

I've even had 3 compliments on it today! One from BF who snuffled me and groaned that I smelled "soooo gooooood", and two were from people I passed in our local health food store. I stopped to buy some tomatoes and plums, having passed two young women on my way down the aisle, and I could hear them whispering to each other about how "freaking awesome" I smell! http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/laugh.png And yes, yes I do! http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.png

oh yes. good description. I love it. so much so that I have a spray boosted with Gotcha.

I think you nailed it in that 1st paragraph. exactly :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wearing this tonight to a friend's wedding. I'm on the way bsck home now, and it was so very fitting for the occasion. It really is beautiful, and it blooms on the skin. It's a summery white floral combining plumeria and ginger lily, soft fresh and just slightly powdery (which is probably the amber).

It's an elegant, dazzling little white dress of a fragrance. Love it, so glad I got a bottle of this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I wore it to salsa on Friday night, and walked with a friend to the club. At one point he stopped and was "what is this sweet smell? I recognize it."

"It's an American boutique perfume, so I don't think so"

He proceeded to sniff my forearm.

"What's in it? It's amazing"

yay to being sniffed by handsome guys. :lol:

Then another lovely dancer was like: "is that you? You smell like lavender cake"

hah...

I told my fiancee about the compliments (minus the getting sniffed part)

he was like: "You're letting guys sniff you??? I'll kick their asses!" :lol:

I wore it to salsa on Friday night, and walked with a friend to the club. At one point he stopped and was "what is this sweet smell? I recognize it."

"It's an American boutique perfume, so I don't think so"

He proceeded to sniff my forearm.

"What's in it? It's amazing"

yay to being sniffed by handsome guys. :lol:

Then another lovely dancer was like: "is that you? You smell like lavender cake"

hah...

I told my fiancee about the compliments (minus the getting sniffed part)

he was like: "You're letting guys sniff you??? I'll kick their asses!" :lol:

:lol:

It's a great scent. I'd imaging it's perfect for dancing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so glad I was able to snag a spray bottle of this from the sale sight (some time ago)...I love florals and this turned out to be such a lovely potion!! It's hard for me to discern different notes, but I definitely get a tropical floral vibe. It's a tad heavy in the beginning, but once it's had time to mellow a bit it's perfect for me! I'm just now learning to appreciate the Love Potion Variants. This one reminds me of old Florida for those of you who know what old Florida was like (warm breeze, tropical flowers)...it's very elegant-something I would wear out to dinner...very appropriate for summer!! :)

• 1 year later...

I'm wearing this today for the first time (I think) in 2 years. It wasn't humid out at all last summer, so I didn't wear it; it really does seem to bloom best when it's sticky out. And I LOVE IT. OMG. It's aging so beautifully, I wish I had another bottle or two set aside. Anything that felt sharp when this was new has had its edges smoothed by the aging process, and the whole thing feels so light, so sheer, so clearly feminine, and so very, very sexy.

Scents like this one, and Cherub's Kiss, which benefit well from being left to sit for a while make me wish that I had second sight, so I'd know which ones to stock up on! :lol:

LP Humidity is still GORGEOUS. She's like one of those lucky women who become more and more beautiful as they age - you know the ones I'm talking about. The ones who become so wonderfully confident and at-home in their own skin that they just radiate life... that's what this makes me think of.

oh I love this. My daughter has a bottle too. It's such a favorite. I have a spray boosted with OW too. I know what I'm wearing tomorrow. :)

Yeah, Open Windows would be amazing with this.

Honestly, I smell so good right now, I'm having a hard time keeping my nose off my application points! :lol: It's really hot & sticky here, so the scent is really blooming, too. MAN, I SMELL GREAT! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...I swore I reviewed this last year...well here goes:

This is a very different LP variant. There is no patchouli, so it smells very light. I don’t know why, but I get a lot of a woody smell from it, kind of like cedar. It has an earthy quality, like flowers and forest. The musk and amber probably add to the earthiness. I also really get the plumeria which is what gives it such a different quality from any other LP variants I have. This one is just very different from the foody LP variants.

I always use Pantene products and I have realized that there is something very similar in scent. Is plumeria in Pantene? I didn't notice it right away, but it seems Pantene has just up and changed there scent again and it reminded me of Love Potion: Humidity or vice versa since I wore the scent last. Enough to make me say my shampoo smells like LP: Humidity now. :wink2:

• 3 weeks later...

Every time I wear this, which admittedly, is not often, I feel the need to rant and rave about how much I LOVE IT. :lol:

I think I just figured out what it is that I love about it: Hawaiian White Ginger. I think that's what's doing it for me. I wish I could fill the bathtub and just soak in this smell all day! :D

• 2 weeks later...