Summer Belle

luna65

AD-SummerBelle-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516fd43

Summer Belle

The fresh scents of newly cut grass and tilled earth are carried aloft by a breeze just cool enough to let us know that the last days of summer are upon us as they wrap us in their protective, renewing embrace. It’s a perfect time to enjoy a picnic, and what basket would be complete without succulent, juicy melons of cantaloupe and honeydew, and the fertile magic that they inspire? Relax into the moment and savor the feel of warm sunlight on your skin, the breeze in your hair and bask in the knowledge that you’ve enjoyed every summer moment to its fullest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MELONS (Honeydew, Cantaloupe, Muskmelon) ~ Water magic, fertility.
GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been melon-mad this summer...you know Mara can read my mind, right? :P

I adore cantaloupe and that's the main note which comes out for me, and it's a wonderful sweet fresh quality throughout, so happy! It seems the other notes underscore this impression but don't really stand out on my skin...this is so yummy, I love it! Especially since we're having a heatwave here right now...I need my Twinkie to appear in his barely-there cut-offs and feed me melon balls. Oh yeah...*slurp*

Interresting. Very summer. Wow is this summer. I got mostly fresh wet melon upon application, in a softer way that other melon scents. Like the melon is a little greener than full ripeness. More honeydew-ish to me. Also cut grass which was, again, softer. Cut grass can be a sharp or heavy scent but not here. It is a surprising combo. I'll have to retest this later.

It feels cool, fresh and dewy. I can't really say it is a clean scent as slices of melon on your body would leave you sticky, wouldn't they? But you'd be very refreshed!

It is humid here. I want to roll in the scent instead of rolling it on! Oooo hey I can do that with bath and body. :>

So summery and juicy!!! I get lots of melon with this. I can't quite identify what melon, I'm smelling, but it's good. It's the perfect amount of sweetness with just a hint of green from the grass. I really like the earthy note in this!!! It grounds it and keeps it from being too girlish. This will have to go on my wishlist for now. My checking account is screaming, "No mas!"

To those that have tried this, is it anything like Night of the Fae?

Yes BV! This is exactly what it reminded me of! It's more masculine or grown up than Night of the Fae though.. there is also a note in there that doesn't make it as sweet as Night of the Fae I want to say it's like earth or mushroom, something like a musk? It's almost like a cross between Night of the Fae, and Agua Fresca.

in the vial, this was all melon. On me, it goes like this: fresh cut grass, then sweet moist earth, with the melon kind of floating in at the end. So cool! I like this way more than I would have liked a simple sweet melon scent - the other notes really give it character, an intriguing feel to it, you know?

Edited by Molls

This is very melon, but unlike a melon like Shelly B's Bodacious Bomb it is extremely sweet. Almost cloyingly so - almost, but not quite. It is sweet and delicious and fruity, and the melon just comes out the right amount.

I am loving this one! I get exactly the same thing as Molls - everything comes in lovely stages, first grass, then damp earth, and then sweet, dewy melon. It really does remind me of a picnic! I haven't read the notes for this one in a while - is there mint in here? I get something just slightly minty... I love that the melon scent smells like true honeydew and cantaloupe. This is really pretty luscious. And I think I need a full bottle...

• 9 months later...

I finally got a bottle of this a couple of months back. I poured half of it into a 5ml vial with 10 drops of Sexpionage, which, if I have the pleasure of BF's company tonight, I will be wearing, 'cause it covered like a champ!

I saved the rest of the bottle for wearing by itself, or with pheros other than Sexpionage, and I'm really glad I did that, too. This is quickly becoming my "weekend" scent. It's too strong to wear at work - I'd never hear the end of it from my boss or my manager dude. But it's one of the first that I reach for on the weekends these days. I just might have to get another bottle. It's *that* good. And it still reminds me of a picnic. A sexy picnic! :lol:

ETA that you can never go wrong with a scent that makes your man's eyes roll back in his head! ;) BF LOVES Summer Belle. Even on it's own, it seems to elevate his mood. Always a nice end result!

Edited by Eggers

Oh boy, this is one I really wanted for summer and got it in my most recent box. I dabbed it on straight out of the box and instantly put it aside. It had a bit of a different scent... very strong melon - cantaloupe mostly as someone described but also a plastic sort of scent, something I hadn't quite smelled before. A week later, I decided that since all of the instructors will be in training this week, I'd try this out for good today since I wouldn't see quite as many people.

With that said, I rolled it on this morning at 5 am, slathered is probably more appropriate and again I got a very strong melon scent along with that additional scent I could't quite put my finger on before. This morning however I realized that it's grass, green grass, very strong at first. Fresh cut grass is a scent I hadn't gotten in anything yet so I had to really stop for a few and think about it. Maybe a pinch of earth as well. I decided to spritz some Open Windows on top as well. By time I got to work, the grass/earth had mellowed and to me, it was a very lovely much softer melon but wasn't anything that struck me as strong. By about 8 am, I wasn't even thinking about it.

That's when out of the blue, I have this big brawny mechanic guy come in to pick up a key and while I'm in mid-sentence he suddenly just looks at me and says "I have never smelled anything so delicious in my entire life, what are you wearing?" Our conversation went from "I need the key for the forklift" to "What are you wearing? Where did you get it? I need to buy that for my girlfriend." He actually made me write down on a post-it note the name of the company and the name of the perfume and then he wanted to see it (it was in my backpack) and he stood there just sniffing the bottle for a few minutes while I called around getting some information for him. LOL

I honestly have to say that is the first time I have seen such a strong reaction to any scent. He was so cute... all brawny, tatted up with his hard hat on just standing there sniffing away at my Summer Belle. LOL So, I have to definitely give this a huge thumbs up. I couldn't smell it as much by time he came around but the effect it had was priceless. There could be a very lucky lady out there soon that will join the ranks if he has anything to do with it.

I wish I could have taken a picture because it's just not something you would ever expect to see ... and he wasn't ashamed either. His buddy was standing not too far away and he's just holding that little bitty bottle in his hands sniffing away, that's how much he loved it. I ended up rolling a little dab on the post-it so he could smell it during the day. He said he'd probably smell all foo foo but he didn't care. LOL It was awesome!

I thought I had one in my wallet... I was going to pull it out and give it to him only to find that it wasn't there. :( I may ask Mara in my next order if I can have a few extra cards because who would have thought that some of the people I would be sharing with are the mechanics. LOL

• 5 weeks later...

Yum yum! This is exactly what I smell when I cut into a fresh ripe cantaloupe. Perfectly sweet, dewy but still fresh. It smells almost cold. I don't get much of the earth or grass notes but I'm sure it's because it's blended so well. This scent is so FB worthy!

Of everything I've worn, this is still the one that got the craziest hit at work. That just might remain my best LP hit ever.

Oh boy, this is one I really wanted for summer and got it in my most recent box. I dabbed it on straight out of the box and instantly put it aside. It had a bit of a different scent... very strong melon - cantaloupe mostly as someone described but also a plastic sort of scent, something I hadn't quite smelled before. A week later, I decided that since all of the instructors will be in training this week, I'd try this out for good today since I wouldn't see quite as many people.

With that said, I rolled it on this morning at 5 am, slathered is probably more appropriate and again I got a very strong melon scent along with that additional scent I could't quite put my finger on before. This morning however I realized that it's grass, green grass, very strong at first. Fresh cut grass is a scent I hadn't gotten in anything yet so I had to really stop for a few and think about it. Maybe a pinch of earth as well. I decided to spritz some Open Windows on top as well. By time I got to work, the grass/earth had mellowed and to me, it was a very lovely much softer melon but wasn't anything that struck me as strong. By about 8 am, I wasn't even thinking about it.

That's when out of the blue, I have this big brawny mechanic guy come in to pick up a key and while I'm in mid-sentence he suddenly just looks at me and says "I have never smelled anything so delicious in my entire life, what are you wearing?" Our conversation went from "I need the key for the forklift" to "What are you wearing? Where did you get it? I need to buy that for my girlfriend." He actually made me write down on a post-it note the name of the company and the name of the perfume and then he wanted to see it (it was in my backpack) and he stood there just sniffing the bottle for a few minutes while I called around getting some information for him. LOL

I honestly have to say that is the first time I have seen such a strong reaction to any scent. He was so cute... all brawny, tatted up with his hard hat on just standing there sniffing away at my Summer Belle. LOL So, I have to definitely give this a huge thumbs up. I couldn't smell it as much by time he came around but the effect it had was priceless. There could be a very lucky lady out there soon that will join the ranks if he has anything to do with it.

OMG, I've got to try this one, and I love the idea of pairing it with OW...

DD, I think this one is definitely worth a try. Hearts is right, it does smell like candy... like a jolly rancher actually. It did on me at first while wet. The dry down makes it softer, sweet and summery. This was the first melon I really tried and was looking for that whole picnic in a grassy meadow sort of vibe and it does give that. OW was perfect when I wore it that day and Mr. Mechanic was so cute and sniffing straight from the bottle. I'm thinking OW may have helped him get comfortable enough to do that. But I was also thinking, I bet Gotcha would be good with this too and SS4W. This one can pull people to you with the scent and grab 'em by the pant pockets with the phero. It could have a sneak attack ability like Sneaky Clean.!!

DD, I think this one is definitely worth a try. Hearts is right, it does smell like candy... like a jolly rancher actually. It did on me at first while wet. The dry down makes it softer, sweet and summery. This was the first melon I really tried and was looking for that whole picnic in a grassy meadow sort of vibe and it does give that. OW was perfect when I wore it that day and Mr. Mechanic was so cute and sniffing straight from the bottle. I'm thinking OW may have helped him get comfortable enough to do that. But I was also thinking, I bet Gotcha would be good with this too and SS4W. This one can pull people to you with the scent and grab 'em by the pant pockets with the phero. It could have a sneak attack ability like Sneaky Clean.!!

In my next order, I'm going to get a sample of this, thanks for the excellent review...

Hearts is right, it does smell like candy... like a jolly rancher actually. It did on me at first while wet. The dry down makes it softer, sweet and summery.

See for me, Shelly's Bodacious Bomb is the "sexy Jolly Rancher" whereas Summer Belle is a bit more light and bordering on what I would term "green" (meaning underripe).

Probably the green, under ripe scent you get is that green grass. When I first applied the first time or two, I really noticed a strange scent. At first I would have called it plastic but after reading the notes, I realized that it was probably the grass. Once it dries, I don't quite get the jolly rancher effect or the grass note... that's on first application. Dry down, you're right, it is light, not sheer, but light. For me, it's still sweet but a softer melon. Strangely, I only had it on for about three hours and I didn't smell it on me when the mechanic loved it. Usually I can smell my perfumes for quite awhile. That's why I was so surprised by him. I couldn't smell it!! His sniffing the bottle full on though confirmed that it was indeed the Summer Belle. LOL

Edited because I can't spell.

Edited by StoremyWhether

That may be how the grass manifests itself rather than the actual, I suppose. Usually grass accords are "real" on my skin. I don't really get the earth aspect in this at all. But that "green" quality reminds me more of something like Lovers in the Clovers, which does have a "green" sort of peach note in it.

• 1 month later...

Snagged this one in the sale x2 because I love melon and didn't even know this existed!

In the bottle I get it all - first the bright burst of melons then the grass and then - deeeeeep breath - the earth too!.

This is a total garden scent to me. Like eating melon at a picnic table next to the garden - or one step further - going to the garden to pull the melon, but breaking one open right there when you cut it from the vine and just chow down on the spot! It's very fresh and sweet and the fragrance just perks me right up! At first I wasn't sure I liked the green notes - like melon rinds - and wondered, would this be complimentary? Silly question! :lol: Instead of just being another sticky sweet jolly rancher type scent, this is COMPLETELY unique with the earthy notes giving it that "Wow - wait a minute - what IS that?" factor...I love it!

• 4 months later...

Got this as a sniffie and was unsure what to expect. It's very fruity wet. Although watermelon isn't listed in the notes (other melons are) that was what I got and it struck me as a strong sort of watermelon bubblegum. I didn't get the earth or grass, even on dry-down, which was sad. It just persisted as little girl melon candy.

I've noticed that fruit doesn't seem to work very well on me. While I love the smell of fresh musk, honeydew, cantaloupe and other such melons I cannot stand watermelon in any form. So, for you folks who like sweet, juicy (water?)melon this could be a winner but it's not for me.

Really? ^^^ I totally get the grass, it threw me off initially because I needed to figure out if I liked it or not because I was so distracted by it. Earth? In a bottle? And grass? It's really unique! Such a pity you didn't get the whole spectrum :(

Really? ^^^ I totally get the grass, it threw me off initially because I needed to figure out if I liked it or not because I was so distracted by it. Earth? In a bottle? And grass? It's really unique! Such a pity you didn't get the whole spectrum :(

Indeed. I was really hoping for the grass and earth; I especially love grass. Those two may be more prominent next time but if not then I'll file it for a pay it forward treat!

Edited by donsie

Like desert on a summer picnic! Sitting in the grass with melon juice on your chin and trickling down your arm! :lol:

• 2 months later...

OMG you guys this is why I have to try EVERYTHING! I never thought of myself as loving melons, but this is maybe my favorite summery LP EVER! In the bottle I can smell the melon quite strongly, but I'm delighted to say that to my nose it was pure fresh fruit, not a hint of Jolly Rancher or candy of any kind in sight. And then, on my skin --

I think people here know I have a weird adoration of anything that evokes fresh dirt, and the earth and grass accords in this are simply a perfect match for my chemistry. I get something very soft and subtle, more of a skin scent, that is mostly pure natural earth (but very light and sun-soaked, I swear!) and the fresh grasses with just the softest hint of melon riding on the breeze. This is stunning, and I might need another bottle.

Did anyone ever try it as a spray? Normally when I love something I like to get it in both forms, but I'm wondering if this is so light that a spray just would disappear... plus, there is something really lovely about slathering on the oil and letting it bloom slowly....

I think people here know I have a weird adoration of anything that evokes fresh dirt

I certainly don't think it's weird; everyone has their favorite sorts of smells, after all, and I'm sure you're not the only one.

It's so much more than JUST a melon scent. It's green grass and garden AND melon. Absolutely, wonderfully mad how Mara managed that into a bottle don't you think?

:love592: