Summer Belle

luna65

She's really great at evoking the atmosphere of a place or a moment in time, and she's done it in so many scents! :D

I certainly don't think it's weird; everyone has their favorite sorts of smells, after all, and I'm sure you're not the only one.

LOL!! It makes sense; if many didn't like it, it wouldn't exist as a note, right? :-)

It's so much more than JUST a melon scent. It's green grass and garden AND melon. Absolutely, wonderfully mad how Mara managed that into a bottle don't you think?

:love592:

She's really great at evoking the atmosphere of a place or a moment in time, and she's done it in so many scents! :D

Just agreeing with you both -- Mara's evocation of time and place in her LPs is unique. This one feels very complementary with Haunted Hallows to me -- each calls up that sense of both season and landscape so perfectly.

I certainly don't think it's weird; everyone has their favorite sorts of smells, after all, and I'm sure you're not the only one.

I agree, while somehow I have missed this, I love Haunted Hallows & Transition. While very different scents both have the earthy note.

I think this was one inline to try but probably got bumped. I'll have to grab a sample with all these good reviews.

Stacy, I think you would love this. It's fresh and delicate and very nuanced.

I definitely will try it now. :)

• 2 months later...

I like this way more than I would have liked a simple sweet melon scent - the other notes really give it character, an intriguing feel to it, you know?

Same here! I usually find melon scents too candy sweet but the grass and earth notes really balance everything out and make it a more interesting scent. I don't usually like to wear grass and earth scents either but all these notes I am not crazy about combine to form something I really like. It feels like your outside in a beautiful garden. I get the grass and earth the most and the melon is in the background sweetening it up.

This is an amazing scent. The notes so perfectly intertwine. I get a soft, sweet, gorgeous melon skin musk scent. The grass and earth floating and mingling in a pretty aroma around me , like the scent kissed me lightly outside.

Just amazing. I can believe I waited so long on this...

This is an amazing scent. The notes so perfectly intertwine. I get a soft, sweet, gorgeous melon skin musk scent. The grass and earth floating and mingling in a pretty aroma around me , like the scent kissed me lightly outside.

Just amazing. I can believe I waited so long on this...

Oh, I knew you would love it!!

And since you did.... have you tried Valerie's Misty Melon Patch? While the scents are quite different -- the melon in MMP is much more sheer, and more tart than SB-- it is another wonderfully natural garden-fresh melon musk.

I haven tried the Misty Melon PE. I think it was the Raspberry that held me back. You make it sound so good tho. ~ another to add to the wish list.

:D

• 1 year later...

Oh boy, this is one I really wanted for summer and got it in my most recent box. I dabbed it on straight out of the box and instantly put it aside. It had a bit of a different scent... very strong melon - cantaloupe mostly as someone described but also a plastic sort of scent, something I hadn't quite smelled before. A week later, I decided that since all of the instructors will be in training this week, I'd try this out for good today since I wouldn't see quite as many people.

With that said, I rolled it on this morning at 5 am, slathered is probably more appropriate and again I got a very strong melon scent along with that additional scent I could't quite put my finger on before. This morning however I realized that it's grass, green grass, very strong at first. Fresh cut grass is a scent I hadn't gotten in anything yet so I had to really stop for a few and think about it. Maybe a pinch of earth as well. I decided to spritz some Open Windows on top as well. By time I got to work, the grass/earth had mellowed and to me, it was a very lovely much softer melon but wasn't anything that struck me as strong. By about 8 am, I wasn't even thinking about it.

That's when out of the blue, I have this big brawny mechanic guy come in to pick up a key and while I'm in mid-sentence he suddenly just looks at me and says "I have never smelled anything so delicious in my entire life, what are you wearing?" Our conversation went from "I need the key for the forklift" to "What are you wearing? Where did you get it? I need to buy that for my girlfriend." He actually made me write down on a post-it note the name of the company and the name of the perfume and then he wanted to see it (it was in my backpack) and he stood there just sniffing the bottle for a few minutes while I called around getting some information for him. LOL

I honestly have to say that is the first time I have seen such a strong reaction to any scent. He was so cute... all brawny, tatted up with his hard hat on just standing there sniffing away at my Summer Belle. LOL So, I have to definitely give this a huge thumbs up. I couldn't smell it as much by time he came around but the effect it had was priceless. There could be a very lucky lady out there soon that will join the ranks if he has anything to do with it.

BF has claimed this as his summer scent, apparently. I have two bottles, and together we've gone through the better part of one already this spring. He just loves it. Today he asked me where the bottle was so he could put it on and make everyone at his drum clinic jealous because he smells so good! :lol:

I'm currently limited to my LP access. As a protective measure I boxed them up for storage in my room while some mandatory plumbing/construction work is going on.

Since we seem to have gone straight into soaring summer temps I really wanted to wear this. Lucky me it was in my top drawer with a couple of other choice LP summer scents that never made it back to the shelf.

This is summer coolness in a bottle. The scent, is an amazing fresh melon picnic on a grassy field, There's a coolness to this that, at least mentally, is a refreshing lift. This is a happy, uplifting scent that also conveys a sweet sensuality. Pheromone wise on me it's Open Windows + a little bit of cops. :)

A truly unique interpretation of summer love and easy restfullness.

:purr:

Edited by StacyK

• 2 years later...

Oh, lord have mercy! This goes SUPER wrong with my skin chemistry, unfortunately. 

I had only a few drops left in my trial vial (it must have come like that--in a Trading Post purchase, not from Mara), so I used it up today. I wasn't sure about it in the vial. It wasn't bad, but there was something about it that I wasn't quite sure about. Sadly, on my skin, I think maybe I amped the cantaloupe to a nuclear level, because this turned into "fly-covered-cantaloupe-rinds-in-the-garbage." I had to spray my orange cantaloupe from Fruits & Passion on top of it to tone it down a bit (you wouldn't think it would work--adding MORE cantaloupe--but it seemed to). 

Sooo, turns out this one was not for me, and it's probably best I only had a few drops. I hope whoever sent it to me (probably just for curiosity purposes; I can't remember anymore) got a good run out of it first.