Tyvey's Smoked Ham

tyvey

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyvey-- May I request your permission to order a rebrew of this once Mara opens up the PEs again? I think there'd be plenty of interest if it were available again!

ETA: Assuming it doesn't pop up on the new AF GGG site, of course.

Edited by Just Ducky

x

Tyvey-- May I request your permission to order a rebrew of this once Mara opens up the PEs again? I think there'd be plenty of interest if it were available again!

ETA: Assuming it doesn't pop up on the new AF GGG site, of course.

I would most definitely be one of those people who would order a bottle!

Just out of curiosity, when PEs are rebrewed by someone else, do they still have the same label? (I LOVED the Zsa Zsa Piggy on this one!). Or is the label changed to differentiate it from the original brew?

I've only ordered a rebrew of a prior PE once before, but my (limited) understanding is that Mara has to OK it -- she may not want to or may no longer be able to rebrew something. I ordered the rebrew of Ravenwing's White Forest Cake, but never having seen the original label, I don't know if the current label is same as the original. Does anyone else know the answer to that?

ETA: Wasn't the Zsa Zsa Piggy adorable?!!

Edited by Just Ducky

Go nuts duck! :)

Awww, Tyvey, you say the sweetest things!!!! :lol:

Just out of curiosity, when PEs are rebrewed by someone else, do they still have the same label? (I LOVED the Zsa Zsa Piggy on this one!). Or is the label changed to differentiate it from the original brew?

It really depends I guess? I don't know about the PEs but I know when Mara rebrewed Special D the label was different. Don't pay attention to me though I'm suffering from a cold..

I want this sooo bad!!!! I think it's screaming for LFN or SS4W

I want this sooo bad!!!! I think it's screaming for LFN or SS4W

I hope I hope I hope Mara says "yes" to rebrewing this one! Soon as she gives the green light for PE's again . . . I'll ask/order.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a sniffie of this in my last order...wow, this is an SLF which smells nothing like an SLF, it's like The Girlfriend Experience of SLFs: incredibly sophisticated and polished. I think some people have said it comes off floral? It really does on me for sure.

Got a sniffie of this in my last order...wow, this is an SLF which smells nothing like an SLF, it's like The Girlfriend Experience of SLFs: incredibly sophisticated and polished. I think some people have said it comes off floral? It really does on me for sure.

Yes Luna that is exactly it!!! It's like a silent hooker with upscale panties, whereas SLF was all in your face screaming obscenities.

Both beautiful and slutty this one is more quiet about it though. Like she's a screamer during sex but you have to buy her a steak dinner at Maestro's beforehand, SLF will settle for poppers form Jack in the Box and a cupcake from Ralphs.

They both appeal to me - I like SLF for indoors and Smoked Ham is more for work etc.

I must be wearing SLF all wrong. She's all "lady" on me. No screaming obscenities. She does like her poppers though. ;):lol:

With my analogy I wasn't referring to OCCO:SLF but rather the genre itself. When you combine amber, honey and musk you get an SLF, there's something smutty about it, sometimes very obviously so. But it depends on the types used for the notes. This one surprises me because it has a whole different aura to it.

Oh, okay. I thought you were talking specifically about OCCO SLF. That's why I thought, WTH?, 'cause SLF smells very ladylike on me. No smut. Well, maybe a subtle amount of smut is there... I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong! :lol:

It's all about chemistry too, of course, but it's pretty much a universal olfactory edict that honey + amber + musk = sex. That's why I came up with the term "SLF."

Maybe I should have gotten a sample of Jouir de so I'd have had something to compare it to. ;)

Love the acronym. SLF. It's pretty neat that there are so many variations on the same theme, from demure, like Tyvey's Smoked Ham, to middle-of-the-road, like OCCO SLF, to blow-me-down dirty, like Jouir de.

I'm sorry I missed out on Smoked Ham.

• 4 months later...

Wonderful news!!!! Mara is looking for the Tyvey's Smoked HAM recipe so she can do my PE rebrew order!!!!!! It's going to take a bit longer to find the recipe and get everything together, but . . . we're on the way!!!! I am soooo excited!

I'm ordering three bottles for myself -- appropriate for a bottle with a piggy on the label! :piggy_28:

Maybe I should have gotten a sample of Jouir de so I'd have had something to compare it to. http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/;).gif

Love the acronym. SLF. It's pretty neat that there are so many variations on the same theme, from demure, like Tyvey's Smoked Ham, to middle-of-the-road, like OCCO SLF, to blow-me-down dirty, like Jouir de.

I'm sorry I missed out on Smoked Ham.

I'm sorry I know this is an older post but... Whaat?

OCCo SLF is demure! Well then heck I must be a frickin nun because I think it is sex stank juice.

of course I have never smelled Jouir De. ;)

Yeaaa for Tyveys Smoked Ham tho!

Edited by StacyK

Ok I'm a total dork .. I'm just going to ask because somewhere I missed it.. what does SLF stand for exactly.. I was thinking "She Likes Fu&@ing" is that right?

Wonderful news!!!! Mara is looking for the Tyvey's Smoked HAM recipe so she can do my PE rebrew order!!!!!! It's going to take a bit longer to find the recipe and get everything together, but . . . we're on the way!!!! I am soooo excited!

I'm ordering three bottles for myself -- appropriate for a bottle with a piggy on the label! :piggy_28:

Woo!!! I can't wait! I missed out on it last time, but I need a bottle!! Make enough for me too, Mara!!

I thought it was Smells Like Fingerbanging

No dear, I would never use that word except perhaps ironically. :P I am a grown-up lady.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just found my sniffie of this, and tried a small spot on my arm, and waited for teh SEXXXAYY to strut out. Gosh, this is NOTHING like I expected it to be! It smells like a rich, deep golden floral, not a daytime scent for me, but more of a hot date night fragrance. It's definitely sexy and sultry, not skanky at all. The aging of my sniffie has been wonderful to this fragrance, I remember when I first smelled it last year I didn't like it. Now I can see why everyone loves it!