Celebutante!

luna65

Yes.. it covers well both cops and sunscreen. On me wet it starts out strong mostly citrus and teak.

When it dries those notes blend down into a smoother cocoa butter'ish, softer citrus base. I do have to really shake it up good before I apply tho.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get no teak at any point. Just tart tart orange peel, grapefruit and lemongrass open. It almost makes my eyes water. Reminds me of Tang or Emergen-C powder. Then vanilla and coconut smoothness with just a hint of citrus. I never get the orange blossom either thankfully because we do not get along. This is by far my favorite sour citrus fragrance.

^^ Chai.. Shake it.. shake it well. It goes on bright but dries down smooth.

Halo.. LOL Emergen-C. Yea wet I get that,, but it's like someone spilled it on wood. Of course that all fades away on dry down. lol

Hmm, I have a sample of this I will have to revisit. I do enjoy citrus scents and this one sounds like a good one!

Chai, I decided to dig out my sample too, since the first time around I was getting a orange 'n spice herbal tea scent from this. Now, I'm still getting that initial spicy citrus tea blast, but after 15 or so minutes, I can smell the coconut a bit, with some sweetness. On my skin, it is reminding me a bit of Candytuft Tea. Alas, not quite the right scent for me.

• 1 month later...

First thoughts upon application..."Uh-Oh". :D

I got a BIG dose of citrus - orange peel and lemon grass - and first thought, this isn't good.....BUT after about 45mins to an hour of releasing the notes from their bottled prison the original blast of orange peel takes to chilling and coconut, honey, vanilla and teak become a noticeably creamy bed for the brighter notes to sit on and this has become VERY nice indeed!

I have a handful of LPs that, for me, if I can hold out that first hour (not that it's ever bad, lol) the following HOURS are just gloriously exceptional. THIS is one of those. Not that citrus orange peel or lemongrass are unbearable - because they are fresh and smell good - but the melding and sharing of the spotlight that comes after initial application is worth the wait :)

First thoughts upon application..."Uh-Oh". :D

I got a BIG dose of citrus - orange peel and lemon grass - and first thought, this isn't good.....BUT after about 45mins to an hour of releasing the notes from their bottled prison the original blast of orange peel takes to chilling and coconut, honey, vanilla and teak become a noticeably creamy bed for the brighter notes to sit on and this has become VERY nice indeed!

I have a handful of LPs that, for me, if I can hold out that first hour (not that it's ever bad, lol) the following HOURS are just gloriously exceptional. THIS is one of those. Not that citrus orange peel or lemongrass are unbearable - because they are fresh and smell good - but the melding and sharing of the spotlight that comes after initial application is worth the wait :)

I agree about the spotlight thing, this does make people want to be all up in it- this for me was like POP potion without the citrus.

The citrus in this blend killed it for me completely, it gave me that weird 3rd eye burn. I probably would've had 3 bottles of this if it weren't for that- because it really is focused on giving you that star like quality that you get from UN POP.

Well yeah it's a classic glamour potion, like scented Cougar is. I feel bad for anyone who can't wear this, I love it and had to get another bottle for my hoard box.

Well yeah it's a classic glamour potion, like scented Cougar is. I feel bad for anyone who can't wear this, I love it and had to get another bottle for my hoard box.

I couldn't do it the citrus did that weird thing that white amber sometimes does. It just stabbed me in the middle of my forehead.

I'm jealous that y'all can wear it because man that is one strong glamour potion. I remember when I did test this out, the whole cupcakes and gliterazzi thing was out of control. Big smiles and waving everywhere. It was fun.

LV - did it stay citrus that whole time for you? That's too bad :( Even though it was BOLD at first, it was so much unpleasant as that I didn't fancy to smell like orange peel. No stabbing though, what a shame....some peach and plum notes do that to me though....

I DO like the idea of pairing it with PP! Stellar!

LV - did it stay citrus that whole time for you? That's too bad :( Even though it was BOLD at first, it was so much unpleasant as that I didn't fancy to smell like orange peel. No stabbing though, what a shame....some peach and plum notes do that to me though....

I DO like the idea of pairing it with PP! Stellar!

It did Nutrix. Although that was a bit ago, I have learned that certain ingredients do crazy things to me at different times in my cycle. Sometimes I just don't have the patience to wait though. For example Baby Chicks was getting on my nerves about 2-3 weeks ago- I forgot that I cannot wear anything foody a week before or a week after my period because everything turns sticky sweet and makes me nauseated. Then I restested the other night and it was perfect! I almost got rid of it!!!

So really you never know. I am starting to develop a habit of testing everything 4 times a month before giving up. I' ve noticed that scent can smell very different from one week to the next.

Hmm. I'm going to have to keep that in mind and start taking notes for some things. I remember I wasn't a fan of Sex & Violins - at first - but a couple/few weeks later when I gave it another go, I couldn't stop huffing it. If something seems off, I'll have to write it down and start checking to see if my chemistry is just being "hormonal" :huh:

Hmm. I'm going to have to keep that in mind and start taking notes for some things. I remember I wasn't a fan of Sex & Violins - at first - but a couple/few weeks later when I gave it another go, I couldn't stop huffing it. If something seems off, I'll have to write it down and start checking to see if my chemistry is just being "hormonal" :huh:

Most likely it is. When I am ovulating I cannot wear anything with cops because I smell like Snatchgate2013

• 1 month later...

I was hoping against hope that this wouldn't smell as good on me as it reads on the description. Wrong. It's amazing...and discontinued :Emoticons04284:

I love every stage in this fragrance. It's starts out like a burst of fresh squeezed oranges, then I get creamy coconut and vanilla - with a hint of something I can't quite put my finger on. It's a bit mysterious. I adore it and will be watching for full bottles of this one in the trading area..while trying not to burn through my sample vials.

Yes it's great.

You could try "Glamour Puss" from the Aug/Sept NRs. You'll find the reviews for it n the Magical Advice & Discussion section, then go to the Spell Oil forum thread because those oils were a special "Spell collection". Glamour Puss is similar to my nose.

Edited by StacyK

Yes it's great.

You could try "Glamour Puss" from the Aug/Sept NRs. You'll find the reviews for it n the Magical Advice & Discussion section, then go to the Spell Oil forum thread because those oils were a special "Spell collection". Glamour Puss is similar to my nose.

Brilliant, thank you so much! :D

• 6 months later...

Oh mah gobs

This is down right delicious, its a citrus salad in meringue!

I picked up orange peel and lemon wedges on first application, after a few minutes the coconut pops out and gives it a creamy feel. This is a very summery scent, for some reason im afraid of coconut (it doesnt stink on me or anything that i could recall)

Celebutante's coconut doesnt scare me away since its very subtle, if given proper dry down it would be a wonderful skin scent.

I feel this would be a good pairing with pop potion or maybe cougar, this is so subtle but it has a presence that demands attention

Mmm, grabbed up this up in Nutrix's fab sale, because I've been dying to try it! Straight out of the bottle is pure sparkly foodie lemon -- lemon sweetened with sugar but not lemon candy. A few minutes in I can smell the orange and grapefruit starting to peek out. I don't think I'm getting any coconut yet, but it may be manifesting in a slightly creamy texture to the citrus.

I think I am feeling, rather than smelling, the ginseng. I can't pick out the note by scent, but there is a serious buzz to this one! I feel energized and sparkly and full of anticipation. Which considering the day ahead of me has got to be the scent at work, since it's just a long day slogging away at the desk.

Will update as it settles!

Edited because I can't spell!

Edited by Blackcat

Mmm, grabbed up this up in Nutrix's fab sale, because I've been dying to try it! Straight out of the bottle is pure sparkly foodie lemon -- lemon sweetened with sugar but not lemon candy. A few minutes in I can smell the orange and grapefruit starting to peek out. I don't think I'm getting any coconut yet, but it may be manifesting in a slightly creamy texture to the citrus.

I think I am feeling, rather than smelling, the ginseng. I can't pick out the note by scent, but there is a serious buzz to this one! I feel energized and sparly and full of anticipation. Which considering the day ahead of me has got to be the scent at work, since it's just a long day slogging away at the desk.

Will update as it settles!

Wait until you wear it in the warmer weather. With the sun on your skin, you'll feel all glitterati and girly. It really takes off with some Pop potion or LFM or N.

I will definitely try this out with my Lumina when it arrives.

Edited by StacyK

Wait until you wear it in the warmer weather. With the sun on your skin, you'll feel all glitterati and girly. It really takes off with some Pop potion or LFM or N.

I will definitely try this out with my Lumina when it arrives.

Oh, Lumina! What a great idea (heads upstairs to add some) --

Oh, Lumina! What a great idea (heads upstairs to add some) --

lol!Let me know if it feels congruent, seems like a match. I'm waiting on my Lumina, can't wait to finally try it out.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

This one became my favorite! It smells amazing, citrusy, but I'm more in love with it because it turns me into a diva :princess2:

I star acting like a celebrity, :Emoticons04283: pouching my lips, daydreaming...

Oh mah gobs

This is down right delicious, its a citrus salad in meringue!

I picked up orange peel and lemon wedges on first application, after a few minutes the coconut pops out and gives it a creamy feel. This is a very summery scent, for some reason im afraid of coconut (it doesnt stink on me or anything that i could recall)

Celebutante's coconut doesnt scare me away since its very subtle, if given proper dry down it would be a wonderful skin scent.

I feel this would be a good pairing with pop potion or maybe cougar, this is so subtle but it has a presence that demands attention

I love the idea of pairing it with cougar, will try it! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

This one is my number 1!!

Everywhere I go, people want to smell me! They say I smell like summer because of the coconut and grapefruit :Emoticons04235:

This one is my number 1!!

Everywhere I go, people want to smell me! They say I smell like summer because of the coconut and grapefruit :Emoticons04235:

Wonderful :D glad you found a love! The ingredients sound yummy, ENJOY :love:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/Celebutante/

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...