which pheros does your cat like and dislike?

Strange question I know but I find cats seem to be very sensitive to pheromones. I had a vial of cuddlebunny in my handbag and was at a friend`s house who has a cat and the furry purry spent at least 15 minutes sniffing my bag so I assume it was picking up on the scent. I was not wearing any pheromones myself.

Curious to find out which pheromones cats like and dislike. They say curiosity killed the cat :cat692: but I never liked that expression and cats have nine lives do they not....?

My cats seem unaffected by pheros usually. I did notice maybe this evening that Dolly was more tolerant of me, I am burning Treasured Hearts melt. She let me pick her up and smoosh her tight to me with struggling too bad or trying to claw down me, and has not just come onto the settee next to me, which is unusual. Not on my knee, but to the side of me, unless maybe she is just really tired. She's funny, she likes to sleep on whichever side of the settee I left the 'lovely mum' cushion on. It's not even a squashy cushion, it's small and filled with old clothes cut up or fabric scraps by the feel of it, but even if she can't lie on it,whichever side it is on, that's the side she goes to.

Cops seem to have no effect though. What they really like are my bare feet in winter when I take them out of my Emu boots, I guess they like the smell of sheepskin and feet. THAT is a winning phero combo for cats.

My kissie runs out of the room and refuses to go anywhere near me when I'm wearing Aether or Focus Potion. Other pheros don't seem to bother her. And it's not just the scent -- I can leave the opened FP bottle on the floor and she'll go over and sniff it. But the minute I put it ON me, she zooms off.

Conclusion: my cat is weird.

I'm wearing Vintage Musk and my kitty didn't screw up her nose when I let her smell it, which she usually does with my perfumes - in fact she wanted to take a good long whiff with this one - and now she is sitting here purring a million miles an hour :)

My 1 year old tuxedo male cat is not what you'd call a snuggly guy. He has his sweet moments, but mostly he likes to stomp around the house (and I do mean stomp, no quiet kitty paws here) and smack our 80 lb. dog around. Total bad ass kitty. I tried my Passion in Pink sample yesterday. I sat down on the couch to study a bit for some insurance exams (borrrring).

Puma (our kitty) slowly sauntered over to me and started sniffing the air. He then jumped up in my lap and started to sniff the exact spots I had put PIP on. He melted. He flopped down, nuzzled me, purred non-stop and had lovey-dovey eyes gazing admiring at me. Totally out of character. The Heart & Soul phero also chilled me out as well. So there we sat, totally content and happy. :kitty4:

Nice report, Greenergal! :) My boy Graham just *loves* to lick any scent/scented lotion on my skin...I usually have to lead him away from the spots I've applied LP's 'cause I don't want him getting too much of a taste!

Pheros don't seem to change his mood, one way or another. 'Cept when mom wears them and the 'naked cat' gets interested in her...then he knows he might as well leave the room, lol.

I don't know about cats, but the llama that lives across the road from me doesn't like Open Windows at all. He's very friendly without pheros, Open Windows makes him lay back his ears and threaten to spit.

One of my producer's dogs really seems to like Open Windows. But he might just be a sweetheart.

My cats all love cops too. Crazy little beasts! Wearing Girly Twirly today & they've been on me all day. Like, ALL day. Had CP with Sexpionage on last night, and it got kind of crowded on the bed for a while! :lol: TMI, I know, but damn! WTH, fuzzy beasties???

^ I thought it was just me since no one else mentioned cops. My friend has a shy kitty that hides from everyone except me when I wear cops. she rub against me, sniff my wrists and head butt me. My friend always exclaims, "I wonder why she likes you so much. She usually hides from everyone."

I don't know about cats, but the llama that lives across the road from me doesn't like Open Windows at all. He's very friendly without pheros, Open Windows makes him lay back his ears and threaten to spit.

You live across the road from a llama? :huh: That's not a nice thing to say about your neighbours :P

Both of my cats perk up when I apply any blend with cops and shoot me a surprised look as if to say, "You're leaving the house smelling like THAT?!" :P Sasuke seems to snuggle up and chill out more with Teddy BB, and I've caught him smooshing his nose into my wrists when I've worn Purple Puff and Carolyn's Man Nip, so I think he is a lavender fan. Niska seems to always snuggle against places I don't wear perfume and smell more like myself.

I take back what I said. I think Dolly likes Lumina. She came to me purring almost immediately, and she is not very friendly normally. My cats act like I might kill them at any given moment even right after feeding them or stroking them normally. Sometimes they get purr-y and let me stroke their tummies, but the next time they see me, -back to the old' you might kill me' routine.