New Releases for SEPTEMBER 2012

Potion Master

oh that would be a DEF 2 Bottles worth....I made Bananas Foster Monkey Bread this past weekend, DELISH

there's a woman on ETSY that makes Bananas Foster Biscotti, HEAVENLY ! I've bought them twice, and ordered a Bananas Foster spread last week got it yesterday....Bananas Foster for BREAKFAST !!

It's my FAVORITE dessert of all time :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

No we have no bananas (this time). But it IS delish anyway (IMO), I'm very excited for Flambe (among others).

hmm, da little wheels are turning, perhaps I should do another PE !!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC, congrats on those wonderful descriptions first of all--regarding labdanum FWIW on me it's a mildly sweet resinous scent, not really deep and dark but like a medium amber but a bit less warm. My skin does have a tendency to bring out sweeter aspects of stuff, which may be why I don't get a plantlike scent.

Just to be clear,since you are new-ish :D I am quoting our Scented Scribe,the inimitable Luna Chick :hearts09793:

I figured that out after..lol

omg I want flambe,lick of pink,hungry heart and luna's autumn one! so impressive!

Ok. Awesome work everyone!! Mara, Luna, AC!!!!

AC, congrats on those wonderful descriptions first of all--regarding labdanum FWIW on me it's a mildly sweet resinous scent, not really deep and dark but like a medium amber but a bit less warm. My skin does have a tendency to bring out sweeter aspects of stuff, which may be why I don't get a plantlike scent.

*blush* Thanks, everyone. I'm just so excited to have the perfumes to co-promote! I have slapped up links to "Displaced Detective swag" to my fans everywhere I could - Facebook (my regular page, my fan page and the DD page), Twitter, Tumblr, and my email fan distribution, not to mention my blog!

As for the labdanum, it sounds like it should do ok on me. Especially with the other ingredients in that scent. I ordered. :)

Luna dear, is there anything in the LPMP list of ingredients in the way of RUM ??

*blush* Thanks, everyone. I'm just so excited to have the perfumes to co-promote! I have slapped up links to "Displaced Detective swag" to my fans everywhere I could - Facebook (my regular page, my fan page and the DD page), Twitter, Tumblr, and my email fan distribution, not to mention my blog!

Wow AC, I checked out your blog... great stuff -- I had no idea you were a perfumer now too!! How on earth did you convince Mara to collaborate with you on the creation of the Sherlock perfumes??? What a fabulous leap beyond the PEs! Lucky duck.

Wow AC, I checked out your blog... great stuff -- I had no idea you were a perfumer now too!! How on earth did you convince Mara to collaborate with you on the creation of the Sherlock perfumes??? What a fabulous leap beyond the PEs! Lucky duck.

I'm not a perfumer now, Tyvey. Mara did all the work, she just asked for my opinion on some stuff. I think Luna already mentioned that 221b was intended to be masculine but came out feminine and she wanted to know what I thought, and did I want her to scrap it and start over. I thought it matched Skye really well and I liked it, so we kept it. So then we (mostly she) decided to do Watson and a rebrew of Elementary. I already <3 Elementary and so that one wasn't hard. I haven't smelled Watson yet; she just sent me the notes.

As to how I convinced her, I dunno. We've been talking about it on and off since I discovered Elementary 2010. Eventually we decided it would be fun to do, and to co-promote. I had a lot of fun writing the little snippets of stuff for them. I kept the snippets true to the characters and settings of my books, and just made sure they brought out the notes of the fragrances. (Yes, Skye and Holmes have something going on.)

I'm promoting it as a collaboration between us, which it was, and "swag" for the DD series, which it kinda is too, and make sure I have links to LPMP and each perfume page. Slapping it out there far and wide in hopes that when people read the little snippets they'll wanna read the books too. It's a win/win situation, I hope, for LPMP and me.

I think Luna already mentioned that 221b was intended to be masculine but came out feminine and she wanted to know what I thought, and did I want her to scrap it and start over. I thought it matched Skye really well and I liked it, so we kept it.

Oh wow, this I didn't know. Mara and I have been talking about 221B for almost two years now and as far as I knew she had always planned to release it, but was wondering if it should still be a SH-inspired scent or not. I'm very excited because after hearing about it for so long I'm eager to try it.

That's...probably about how long she and I have been talking about it, Luna. Or close to. But yeah, she made it up and then set it aside for a couple days and came back to it and it was a gentle feminine scent, so she sent me a sample so we could cussdiss it and decide if we wanted to try a rebrew or go with it like that and do some others for the guys. I liked the idea of 221b being tied to Skye, and it really did make me think of her, so we went with it like that.

And Mara, I dunno what the bleep is going on with Paypal, but it rejected the invoice you just sent, and that after my trying to go thru the cart the usual way. Lemme go look and see what's going on in the history.

I wasn't going to scrap it entirely, because I LOVE the scent, I was just maybe going to name it something else other than 221B - and brew something else for 221B, but Stephanie convinced me it was still in line with the legend - especially HER story, so on we went! :)

Yes, 221B has been brewed and on deck for around a year now, so it is good and melded! There's been some...um...political issues that kept me from releasing it sooner.

Oh it's only been a year? I don't know why I thought it was longer then.

But what I mean, Stephanie, is that Mara and I had been discussing that scent before you joined the comm.

Then when she and I started talking about it, it sort of all gelled, I guess, and got the ball rolling. I thought I'd been here longer than that.

I had to wait for the dust to settle re the previous plans for it. You recall I explained that to you, Steph? Yes, when we got together on it, I was finally ready to roll with it. :)

If I want to boost Lick of Pink with heart and soul, how do I do that?

Use the first thingy on the top of this page to do so:

http://lovepotionper...one_Blends.html

You need to write in the fragrance you want, and use the drop down menu for the phero blend you want. K?

Thanks, Chrissy!

I had to wait for the dust to settle re the previous plans for it. You recall I explained that to you, Steph? Yes, when we got together on it, I was finally ready to roll with it. :)

Oh yes, I do remember that now. It's been so long I had forgotten. This was a long time discussion, and yes, I'm glad to have found some Sherlockian perfumers! :)

ETA: I HAVE been on here over a year! The board shows I joined in early to mid August of 2011! YAYZ!

Edited by AlienChangeling

Heh AC. I kinda giggled when I saw the name Skye. (Even though it's not my real name, it's been my craft/online name for so long that it's part of me. There are plenty of people in the pagan community and who have met me IRL after knowing me online that call me skye. I mean Skye.)

Off to plot my order.

Edited by skye

I'm tempted to try H and S again. I tried it from the phero sampler last year and it was kind of meh. But there have been so many good things said about it. I can't decide between it and Treasured hearts. Wonder which one Mara sells more of?

I'm tempted to try H and S again. I tried it from the phero sampler last year and it was kind of meh. But there have been so many good things said about it. I can't decide between it and Treasured hearts. Wonder which one Mara sells more of?

Depends on the season. We sell a lot of TH during family holiday times, but probably more H&S week to week,