Beccah

this is like the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, rum, gooey, syrupy mixture in Bananas Foster !!

think I'll layer w/Sug's Fried Bananas...Yum !

yaya...I know, all I talk about is Bananas Foster 04.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG DIE DIE DIE

Okay you know when you eat creme brulee and the bottom and sides are hard and crispy drizzled with hard burnt carmalized sugar?

That's what this is!! I do get that initial BBQ rib smell, but it's not gag at all. It's soooo good! That does go away and settle into burnt crystals!

I get whiffs of lovely dusted cinnamon sprinkles and brown sugar!

This is going in the cart for sure

I thought Vicars and Tarts would be too fruity/jammy but it's one of my faves.

Really? Because there's no fruit in it at all. So did you think that based on the name alone?

Really? Because there's no fruit in it at all. So did you think that based on the name alone?

Oh sorry, I meant when i got the sample it smelled like jam, and I thought "no way." Mara said, I think, that the almond/pecans can sometimes smell like fruit.

Thanks Calli, how is different to Rocket Fuel?? LOL. Rocket Fuel doesn't work on me, the brown sugar thing :)

What Luna said,no comparison :) More burnt sugar,like Lady V said, it is unique,I have it still on a shirt and it is really good, not a brown sugar,to me, which is what I get from all MRF,with #2 being my all time favorite brown sugar scent,YUMZ :D

HG is how I refer to my SP!!! :lol:

HG stands for Horse Guy (and I believe Tyvey gave that to him...because he has horses...not what you are thinking you dirty birdy)

what do you think SP stands for?

Skin, why hast thou forsaken me? In the vial, this is yummy, delicious, brown sugary goodness. I almost wanted to taste it, it was that wonderful. But on my skin it was first burnt--no sugar-- and then I amped the bourbon to high Heaven. It still smells good. It has a thick, sugary undercurrent that melds nicely on my skin. But I wouldn't be able to wear it in public without people thinking i'm a lush. But I will wear and enjoy around the house.

But I wouldn't be able to wear it in public without people thinking i'm a lush. But I will wear and enjoy around the house.

LOL, that's what Quince says about Down and Dirty For HIm ("Do you want people to think I'm a drunken bastard?").

Okay you know when you eat creme brulee and the bottom and sides are hard and crispy drizzled with hard burnt carmalized sugar? That's what this is!!

YES!!! Exactly this. I am soooo loving this. I hope it sticks around long enough for me to snag a bottle or I might have to cry.

Wet I said SPRING BREEEEAAAK aloud :D I'm getting rum and raisins, a dark syrup. More as it dries

ETA AWWWW YEAH LOOK OUT THERE'S THE BURNT CRUNCHY SUGAR THING!! THAT FREAKIN *ROCKS*. I *LOVE* BURNED FOOD. The raisins are gone and it's burnt sugar! Fantastic!!!! It reminds me a little of the way Girls Love a Good Posset smells like burnt cookies, but that is sweeter; this is more true to the really burnt edges. Delicious and inviting while being a little offbeat, the way smoke can be. Lovin it

Edited by tyvey

Burnt brown sugar, bourbon and a touch of cinnamon, waiting for the grounding amber to come in after long dry down. Not my type of scent. But every once in awhile I pull out one of these type scents. The boozey note is very interesting.

:lol:

Originally, before I saw the label art I had a whole male character worked out for this one, inspired by the notes/concept. As I noted previously:

Now the original story I had in mind, it was definitely R-rated (except of course I would have had to censor myself a little bit). It was concerning the great alchemist, conjurer and lothario Nicholas Flambe, or, as they liked to call him around town, "Tricky Nicky."

I slathered this today and it is almost unrecognizably different from my teeny swipe trial, except the first wet moments of RAISINS! Today/when slathered/when I'm still conscious & enjoying it through late drydown, it is more like Baskery and Vicars & Tarts -- I get cream, brown sugar, roasted pecans, nothing burnt, no booze.

Edited by tyvey

Heh, that's kinda like how the bourbon in Mr. Matt and the Hound Dog smells like anise to me.

Oh man, between anise and cherry this is sounding doomed on my skin.

OOh I bet he gave it to them Hot and Sticky and had a nice Thicky Dicky

I read this and was actually shocked. I don't know why, I must be having a prude day.

So far this seems very sweet and deliciously spicy, but woo doggie, this is making my skin a bit tender and burny. I shall use this one with care.

I tried this again last night. The blast of bourbon has mellowed, thank goodness!!! The first hour, it smells like I've been drinking. After then, it's familiar, but no one would accuse me of drinking on the job. It is very dark and rich on me, however. i will probably break out the vial again once it gets colder.

• 2 weeks later...

This is nice and buttery, reminds of the yellow-wrapped butterscotch candies as they melt on your tongue, with a bit of spice in the background. As it's drying, it's getting more syrupy and cinnamon-y and more like a dessert than a candy. The brown sugar is coming out more.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 5 months later...

Interesting scent. I'm glad that the cinnamon didn't over power the rest of the ingredients. The burnt brown sugar, thankfully, turned out quite soft on my skin. I'll be keeping the sniffee for further testing for sure.