Luna's Miss Autumn

Beccah

AD-MissAutumn-LovePotion.jpg

Luna's Miss Autumn

Embody all which is the unforgettable essence of Autumn: dry leaves and woodsmoke with woody accents of acorn, black oak and teak, the deep earthiness of patchouli and a sweet dollop of maple syrup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy.

It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration,
concealment
and celebration.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

It's meant to be more feminine but depending on how sweet it turns out to be it could be considered unisex.

ETA: Beccah I moved this because it's not a PE, it's a catalog scent.

It's meant to be more feminine but depending on how sweet it turns out to be it could be considered unisex.

ETA: Beccah I moved this because it's not a PE, it's a catalog scent.

Lol, no problem. I wasn't sure with Dolly's Hot & Sticky being in the PE section, thank you :)

Well that's what I don't know; my idea was for more a "girly" autumn scent (I had a specific inspiration which I will note when I review this one) so I'm thinking it will be on the sweeter side because that was part of the concept.

LOL, I wish! I did choose the image (out of a couple M had in her files) though, I thought it would nicely emphasize the "girly" aspect of the concept.

This is not a halo scent. I don't do patch. But that said it is really pretty. If I didn't know how patch morphs and amps on me I would try and wear it. For those of you that like this kind of fragrance you will love it, very deep and well blended.

Yeah you really have to love that "Autumn ambience" thing to enjoy this scent, I agree.

The idea originally came to me some time ago because of a line in the Type O Negative song "Black No. 1:"

Her perfume smells like burning leaves

...and while I know there are more than a few like that, I was thinking about something similar but a bit more feminine. And this was exactly what I imagined: a Autumnal walk down a wooded path, with the scent of burning leaves somewhere nearby, and a thread of sweetness going through it all. So while a guy could wear this, it's sweeter than they might prefer, although that's not going to stop me from trying it on the Quince-beast. But what I like about it specifically is that it has more of a woods impression than a spice impression, which a lot of Autumn scents tend to have, and I prefer woods just because spice tends to amp on me so much. The patchouli lends a really nice depth to it without being too prominent.

'Tis lovely, dark (but not too dark) and deep, much like those woods which encompass the road not taken.

I have this crazy idea to try and come up with a series of scents based on elements of songs Peter wrote, like there would be one called "Pyretta Blaze" and another would be "Goddess of the Violet Twilight" and another would be "My Girlfriend's Girlfriend" and so on. :666:

I did not expect to ADORE this. I thought okay I am going to smell like an autumn effigy, like marijuana or like anything but this!!!

A part of me went for this one third, because I really do love Autumn. First I tried 221B and Watson.. then I reached for this because I longed for a cool breeze and the smell of leaves falling, turning color, that warm cozy smell in the air.. and that is exactly what this is!!! It smells so amazing!!!

It does not smell earthy or patchy on me, it smells so warm, and cozy! It smells like I am eating warm pancakes on my porch during a crisp and cool autumn evening. I took a nap smelling this I fell asleep smelling my wrist.

I wonder if I can add cops to this??? Anyone?

I wonder if I can add cops to this??? Anyone?

I would think so, just because it is so deep, it could stand up to a cops add.

For me, the patchouli comes across as more of that earthy impression, like being outside in the woods. The "pancakes" thing is the maple, though.

I thought okay I am going to smell like an autumn effigy, like marijuana or like anything but this!!!

:lol:

No, that would be sage, dear, not patchouli.

I would think so, just because it is so deep, it could stand up to a cops add.

For me, the patchouli comes across as more of that earthy impression, like being outside in the woods. The "pancakes" thing is the maple, though.

:lol:

No, that would be sage, dear, not patchouli.

Oh Luna I love this. It's so deep and very inviting. Like a sexy forest full of pancakes.

Oh yeah I get the herbs mixed up!

This is deep and earthy, not a typical Bluebear scent, but I like it. At first, the spice was so strong, it smelled herbally on me. Then the wood and patchouli came out. It wasn't until late in the drydown that I started to get maple. It actually ended up quite sweet. That said, I think a man might be able to wear it if he doesn't mind a sweeter scent.

WET this was smooth, mapley, VERY VERY GROWN UP sophisticated...I clapped my hands and danced. As it dried I got more and more pine :Emoticons08045:

No smoke at any point. I will have to let this sit a minute and see what it does elsewhere in my cycle....

ETA: several hours later, I'm floating through blooming clouds of warm, sweet, spicy, woodsiness. Surprisingly very perfumey, in a good way. What a beautiful morpher.

ETA: 12 plus hours later and I'm still in a halo of sweet sultry woods. I can't believe there was a long period, through drydown, in the piney phase (which I should've been clearer, I LIKED, just wasnt what I was expecting) that I thought to myself "this is as unisex as something can be and I still like it". At this point, it is not unisex on me at ALL.

Edited by tyvey

I wore this all weekend! I boosted mine with Coppers and ZEROOOOO smell!, or maybe the cops blends in with the leaves or maple, I don't know but I could smell nada! I looove this! I stayed indoors all weekend. I lit all my pumpkin scents and wore LMA with cops and felt so cozy and magickal All weekend long. I felt like I was in a cottage in the forest baking pies. I get no earth, just all maple crisp wonderful coziness! Perfect for fall!

:pumpkin:

You know what's unique and I especially love about this: to my nose it's deeeeeply sophisticated but NOT in a classic/traditional or as its creator says "I am a Grown Up Lady" way. Not that it smells young either, just - ageless. I am away from home and SO glad I brought it in my little kit:)

LadyV have you tried this both with and without cops? I know you said you get no cops stink but do you find it ALTERS the scent at all?

Edited by tyvey

You know what's unique and I especially love about this: to my nose it's deeeeeply sophisticated but NOT in a classic/traditional or as its creator says "I am a Grown Up Lady" way. Not that it smells young either, just - ageless. I am away from home and SO glad I brought it in my little kit:)

LadyV have you tried this both with and without cops? I know you said you get no cops stink but do you find it ALTERS the scent at all?

I've tried it with and without and cannot detect any difference at all. With Special D for ex- I have that boosted with cops as well and the cherry get a bit sour in the beginning but then it's okay- with this there is no significant change that I can detect.

BOMB cover! Must be the maple

:burning-heart: Oh GODS I need a full bottle of this! It's woodsy and rich and so very FALL ON THE MOUNTAIN. The part we're in right now. Where it's cool at night, and bouncing back and forth between really nice and fairly hot in the daytime. And the air has lost its monsoon humidity. It's getting dry, and the oaks are starting to turn some leaves golden and drop them. But...there are still plenty of lush green things growing near water sources. And there's a hint of smoke--just a hint!--because a few folks are so happy it's fall that they just HAVE to fire up their woodstoves. And I'm with tyvey--this does have a perfume...ness...to it. It gets sweeter in a dry, woodsy way in long drydown. And it LASTS. The strength of the scent gradually backs down, but then it just stays and stays. ***swoon!*** A perfect evocation of Rignt. NOW. Which is my favorite season. And the label is perfect. And luna's poem is more than perfect. I've gotta post it again here 'cause it gives me goosebumps.. B)

Miss Autumn, she is

not like other girls.

She is

the forest a-blaze with changing leaves.

She is

a clear full moon night

the crackling roar of a bonfire.

She is

sweetness and toothsome treats

smoke and spice and earthy delights.

The warmth one seeks in the coming of the cold

and the chilling mystery of its darkening ways.

And...I AM going to try this with cops, too, ladies! Right now, in fact. :666:

O Yais. She *is*.

I knew you would love this B!!! I could see you wearing this and stringing jack o lanterns whilst painting something amazing, and doing henna glitter on the neighbors and building an aircraft singing and dancing on the mountain making sweet music and cider with the bears.

This is a surprise like for me. I'm not in love with it, but it's a pretty serious like. Turns out I really dig walnut in perfume. Who'da thunk it? I certainly didn't expect that. (It was a surprise when I tried Cheeky, and it's even more of a surprise now, with no cake to soften it). I think I expected the woods to come out more strongly, and they do at the very beginning, but they calm down a bit, and what I'm left with is a buttery, walnutty maple. I can see myself wearing it on a crisp fall day. It certainly evokes that bright, leaves-blazing fall feeling.