Luna's Miss Autumn

Beccah

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY PEOPLE, this has already aged fantastically. It's very maple forward now, and dry leaves. I would chew on my torso if I were flexible enough. The woods are soooooo sexy and well behaved. Unnnnnfff

• 6 months later...

Luna's miss autumn - so refined and sophisticated, with a cool, distant, androgynous twang. It almost has a salty feel, though not actually salty. Something faintly mineral. I can feel the leaves crunching underfoot. The maple in this is aging so fantastically - so sweet and yet non-foody.

• 4 months later...

I did not dig this when I got it about a year ago.. I got LOTS of sweetness when I was looking for a dry, woodsy/nutty scent. Well, I'm *still* getting a LOT of sweetness from the maple, but the underlying nutty woodsy notes are now much more pronounced, and of course I like it lots more!

Ah Katz... isn't this a great one?? Not sure about you but we were a fairly chilly 97 degrees today!! I agree with you about the sweetness of the maple but it doesn't seem to hang long and then you get more the dry leaves and earth feel. I purchased back ups of both this and Autumnal Equinox 2011 because I have a feeling I will be slathering this stuff quite often between now and February. Did you try any of the PE Lina's Autumn Leaves? That's another one that is so comfy. I love this time of year... in other places that actually have trees that shed leaves and people burn fireplaces. LOL

• 8 months later...

I got this as a freebie (buy two get one free) from Black Cat. Taking it for a test drive this morning -- and I can't wait to wear it this Fall. It reminds me of camping/Ohio/autumn/pancakes. Outside, right now, I am seeing bright blue summer skies and it's 90 degrees -- but in my mind's eye, i am wearing a beautiful, cozy sweater and kicking through leaves and sniffing the smoke from the first fires in fireplaces since last February. This scent is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

I got this as a sample from the forums... I never expected to fall for it in the middle of summer though! It is the perfect balance of sweetness and dead sexy. Kind of "do me in the forest against the maple tree." A BIG maple tree with one of those old-fashioned syrup taps in it with the syrup pouring out... and well, you get the picture.

Another stalk in the trade forums fer sherrr. :faint:

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 1 year later...

I love the sweet and woods combination in this. I was hoping that it would be a little more smokey but, in the beginning, it is maple and woodsy on me. It does seem to be getting less sweet as it dries down but not really more smokey. It still an outdoor Autumn scent instead of a foody one and that's wonderful.

• 2 years later...

Yeah you really have to love that "Autumn ambience" thing to enjoy this scent, I agree.

The idea originally came to me some time ago because of a line in the Type O Negative song "Black No. 1:"

Her perfume smells like burning leaves

Going thru sniffles and trying to group into categories. (That means there must be some admin shit that I'm avoiding. What's that? Taxes? When do I have to have all the I9's out anyway?)

The maple, from the sample, almost makes it smell foodie to me. I'll wear this soon. Luna, LFM with this? And I don't think I can easily categorize this one. At least I know what song will get stuck in my head today. One more day of my life with "but you can't go out because your roots are showing..." in my head. Ironically, Wednesday has always been my root touch up day.

• 3 years later...

I’m going to post this here, as it has nothing to do with Odinsson or Lilu, but @luna65 I read what you wrote about Miss Autumn last night right immediately after I applied a little Lilu. Perfectly timed, my man said “smells like Halloween,” (Oud and labdamun.) Of course I woke with Peter Steele’s voice in my head, which then made me think of the Playgirl shoot... some things can never been unseen....

I just reread all the reviews here. I don’t know what happened to my sniffle, and I know it was more feminine, and he was the opposite of pancakes(!), but the notes sound like you’re describing his voice. I would imagine that “my Girlfriend's Girlfriend” could be quite the sexy carrier for Bosom Bows! Or Savage Beast, in my case. 

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

... some things can never been unseen....

Nor should they be - Petrus was a glorious beast in his prime!

All day, so far, I’ve had a little smirk on my face. “Loving you is like loving the dead” has taken on a whole new meaning.