Greetings from KC!

Michael

I've recently been rediscovering my long-time interest in essential oils and found Love Potion while surfing the net. I'm somewhat overwhelmed by the wide selection of products Love Potion has to offer and am at a disadvantage not being able to sample many of the fragrances beforehand. Perhaps, I can solicit suggestions from others that are more experienced with these products on which perfumes and pheromones I might try. I am a 57 year old male, happily married, thankfully retired, physically and socially active and every day offers me the opportunity for a new adventure! Some commercial fragrances that have done well for me in the past include my all time favorite, Tuscany per Uome by Aramis. This is one of the few colognes on which I will get compliments when wearing. Others I use, but not limited to, include Black by Kenneth Cole; Double Black by Ralph Lauren and Code by Armani.

In addition, I am very interested in expanding my experience with pheromones. I don’t know that I want to purchase any pheromones that are premixed with fragrances as I like the idea of being able to mix & match with other fragrances as desired. I am initially looking for one or two mixes that lean on the social side for when we are out with friends and at least one mix, if not more, with a strong sexual component that would best enhance our "intimate soirées". Any suggestions on what to consider would be most helpful and welcome.

Welcome to our home :)

..."and every day offers me the opportunity for a new adventure!" love that attitude !!! and love your Kokopelli avi,kinda partial to the "dirty old man" myself ;) ...I am not familar with commercial scents so cannot compare to recommend,try samples that sound best to you,the quality of LPMP is unsurpassed,you will find something perfect. Others will be along to add something more helpfull.

Welcome to the forum, Michael! :)

Have you tried Open Windows? It's an unscented pheromone blend for both sexes to wear. It is suitable for any social environment as it enhances an open and friendly atmosphere.

There is also Perfect Match, an unscented unisex blend wich enhances closeness between lovers.

Beside those, there are so many unscented pheromone blends for men (for office, social environment, intimacy, etc.) about which our male forum users can advise and share their experiences. :)

Hi Michael! Welcome to the forum! Watson is my new favorite men's fragrance. I would think you would do well to get a men's sampler. That way you can try 10 different scents from many different families. Mara can help you figure out the phero part best.Hopefully Quiet Guy will drop in too. Can't wait to hear your reviews.

Hi Michael! Welcome to the forum! I second Halo's suggestion of a sampler. If I remember correctly, when you get a men's sampler, you can either choose your own, or have Mara choose 10 samples for you. It's a great deal, and will give you a very good idea of what's on offer. Looking forward to reading your reviews! :D

Hello Michael and welcome!

Sorry for the late reply - I have been busy working on a big prouect and am just finishing up the bulk of the work. You are a little older than I am. I too am happily married for many years. And it looks like our scent preferences are pretty close. As far as commercial scents go Kenneth Cole Black andf the original Armani are two of my favorites. Kenneth Cole Black tends to be my daily Fall/Winter scent.

Pheromones - I use them a lot and for quite a while. I too prefer unscented so I can throw on the pheros I need for the occassion and cover with whatever scent I want to wear that day. If you have questions about the pheros - please ask - I will be happy to answer. If they are questions you might not want to post please feel free to ask Mara for my email.

Recommendations:

Pheromones: For those intimate soirees - Heart Throb and Super Sexy for Men have done well for me. Teddy Potion is good for creating emotion closeness for those evenings when nothing is probably going to happen. You know - setting the emotional connection groundwork for the future. And who knows - if she starts feeling really cuddly, you might be able to aim it in that direction.

Social: Try Charisma, MVP and TMI. Charisma and MVP for obvious reasons. TMI because it can help open up more conversations with the wife and others. People tell you stuff you would not believe when you are wearing beta-nols, which is what TMI is heavy with.

Scents:

Looking at what is available in sample sizes, two of my latest favorites that are in stock are Cry Havoc and The Sand Box. They will make good Fall scents. There is also Bodice Ripper. I was not sure when I first tried it, but the light floral note is very deep and surprisingly masculine. Encens de Cafe is good for a lazy Sunday morning. Salute - even though it is a scent with a built in pheromone - is definitely worth a try. Remember that these are not commercial scents with what I call "fixing agents". The scents here can often smell vbery different on your skin baseds on your personal chemistry and the scent will morph somewhat with time. Plus based on personal chemistry my skin can really drink some scent up while others will last for quite a while. The ones I mentioned last well for me.

The recommendation to go with a sample pack is a great one. That is how I got started. There are definitely way more women's scents than men's and Mara will pretty much let you pick what you want within their parameters. Plus she tends to throw in a couple freebie gifts.

Everyone here is friendly. It is pretty much female dominated so you will hear griping about men. But at this point in my life my skin is pretty thick plus they aren't talking about me so what the heck.

Good luck and hope to see you around.

If you find a scent you really like, buy two or three. They only make them in small batches in when they are gone they are gone.

Edited by quietguy

welcome here! the only scent suggestions i can offer are the ones my brother loves. He lives in Thane and Northshore. they are great if you like more nature and aquatic scents. i strongly suggest the sampler as well. have a great time and i am looking forward to your reviews

If you're wife likes foody scents, I'd try Super2 for men. Get a sample of that. It smells so good on my man I want to gobble him up. Less is more with him though. Don't worry it's not like applying Golden Griddle syrup to your skin. It's deeper and more masculine. I keep wanting to get nearer to him to get a better whiff.

AD-Super2-LovePotion.jpg

Pheromone Enhanced Fragrance for Men

One of our most popular and beloved fragrances for Men makes a triumphant return. Know a gal who's holding out for a hero? Then swoop in and save the day with SUPER, a scent which is wholly irresistible to damsels in distress – an amazing sensuous blend of exquisite sweet pipe tobacco, woods, copal and amber – given a fresh breath of lavender and eucalyptus. Our reformulation is all of the sexy, but slightly less sweet than the original. And just like any superhero, it's got a secret weapon: the addition of our exclusive pheromone blend SUPER SEXY FOR MEN, designed to inspire sexual arousal and admiration in women and give off a powerful aura of social dominance for the wearer. You'll leave stunned arousal in your wake as every woman wonders who that SUPER guy could be…and some of them might even be lucky enough to find out!

PIPE TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.

MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.

EUCALYPTUS ~ Healing.

COPAL ~ Love, purification, cleansing.

First, I want to thank everyone for a most wonderful welcome. All comments have been received with great interest. This looks like the beginning of a grand adventure with LPMP!

I thought it wise to initially search for potions akin to my past preferences. The baseline would be Tuscany Per Uomo, my personal favorite commercial fragrance to date. It has been described as “a wonderful, suave aromatic fougere that smells divine… citrus... along with the brilliant opening of basil and lavender…The heart of earthy caraway and herbal notes is where this opens up brilliantly. The taragon and anise...in perfect proportion … the orange blossom keeps it lighter and more floral... the brilliant, sharpness of the patchouli shining through from the base. It becomes more earthy and warm with the oakmoss, leather and key note of tonka bean.” From this point, I begin. I must say that the LPMP product descriptions are most well written and enticing. They are wonderful pieces of art in word! Makes it a joy reading about all the scents. I can hardly pass on any of these perfumes given how well they are described.

Many have suggested going with a sampler which sounds like a great approach affording me the opportunity to experiment with a diverse selection economically. Also, despite my early preference for pheromones being kept separate from perfumes, I'll likely try phero-enhanced samples to better assess both attributes simultaneously before making a larger purchase later. Based on recommendations, reviews and explorations through LPMP’s vast inventory of perfumes, the following are likely to be included in my initial foray:

Brother Brimstone,

Bodice Ripper,

Love Potion Homme and

The Sand Box.

For something crazy...and in deference to our three "mystical" Maine Coon cats, we'll, also, throw in Tails of Mystery. Should be quite the entertaining mix.

For the other half of the sampler we'll likely go with pheromone enhanced scents including:

Super for Men 2,

Salute,

Teddy Man 2,

TMI - Unisex and

Voracious.

For even more fun we'll throw in the Dirty Old Man as it appears I am imminently qualified for such a mixture, as already attested.

BTW, the female predilection at LPMP is refreshing and exciting. Who better to develop such creative potions! I am fascinated with opinions from the opposite sex, especially where perfumes are involved. After all, one of my primary targets is to be well presented to my female partner! To that end a female perspective is critical and most welcome. Also, the feminine POV will be critical when I'm ready for suggestions on what to buy for her. In any event, I always welcome any help I can get. Thanks again to all! Any other thoughts will be welcomed as I'm sure this is just the beginning. We'll keep everyone posted as the journey continues.

:BananaRow:Hi, Michael! Welcome to the Addiction OOPS! I mean Family!!! :BananaRow: ~I NEVER get tired of that strikethrough. Heh. You and your wife will LOVE it here! This is a great community, and LP is full of swoonworthy scents and pheros! My hubbs Mr. Matt and I are both in our 50s. I LOVE him in Dirty Old Man!!! Find myself following him around like a puppy and it makes me giggle. And the Charisma, Swimming with Sharks, and Wanted Man pheros are great on him, too. Oh and Pinnacle with alpha androstenol. The list goes on. You've got a good list going yourself! Looking forward to your reviews! :w00t:

P.S. Your avi is beautiful :) I dig Kokopelli too!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Hi Michael! Welcome to the forum! Can't give you much suggestions as my hub is still using commercial scents although I have purchased him a number of bottles such as LP Homme, Vocarious, SS4M, some unisex scents and a number of other bottles during the recent sale.

:jumpforjoy::smilies-23596: I'm betting that you're already starting to realize that beginning an order with LP is like beginning a grand adventure! :lol: Please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle and your seat belt fastened...this is going to be a fun and wild ride! :w00t:

Happy hunting!

Yes, LPMP looks like the beginning to quite an adventure! My order was shipped yesterday so it should arrive next week. Looking forward to experimenting with all the new scents. Will keep all posted on what happens. Thanks to everyone who have extended such warm welcomes. The feedback & suggestions have been very helpful. Do it!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I have returned! It has been quite an experience these past weeks playing with a myriad of new scents since receiving my order. I have been somewhat overwhelmed in experimenting with such a broad & diverse batch of potions. I've determined that there is no clear cut "winner" as each is unique in its own way. All the scents evolve as they are worn. Most come on strong at first, then mellow out, sometimes in unexpected ways. I am beginning to enjoy an appreciation in picking an appropriate scent for the day and/or evening. Sometimes there are surprising results for those around me as well as myself. There is not one scent that is a loser, although some are beginning to be more used than others....only time will tell.

It has been a challenge sometimes to choose between straight and pheromone enhanced scents. I am intrigued with the effect of pheromones more now than ever. I have read so much about pheromones' ability to impact others, but the impact on the wearer is much underestimated. Also, I wonder if there is a long term impact as one continues to wear these scents. Perhaps, a residual build-up effect or an evolved receptivity that develops with the wearer as well as the receptor. I do think that over time a new dynamic develops which is positive and uplifting. The combinations appear endless and I have not yet discovered any particular potion or combination that is a "go to" standard. Each situation is different with so many options for what to wear. The process of deciding what to try next is a big part of what makes this so fun! It's like a big living chemistry experiment.

For a good all around scent, Watson seems to fit well. It has a strong upfront aroma that is persuasive, commanding attention. A good male scent. Over time it mellows well having a long lasting, pleasant afterburner. This seems to have a good chemistry with me. It does well when out with a crowd. I am debating on what pheromone mix would be good to use with Watson...

TMI and Teddy Man 2 are very intriguing potions that do surprisingly well with me under a variety of circumstances. They are pleasant to wear and not over powering. I feel good when wearing these scents. Reactions from others tend to be welcoming & stimulating. These are good for me in social situations as well as when relaxing at home. I see these both as being mainstays in my future collection of scents. My next order is forming as I write.

:Emoticons04263:

My next order is forming as I write.

You will be saying that with each order you begin to experiment with, lol.