Pumpkin Musk

BlueBear

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this yet! In the bottle, this is a lightly spiced, lightly pumpkin musk. On my skin, it smells almost floral! The pumpkin is subtle, almost an undercurrent hovering just above the musks. The musks are light and skin like. I get just a hint of sweetness, and the spice melds with the musk. Despite the ingredients, this is not foody on me at all. I think I can even get away with wearing this one year round!! This can easily be layered with other scents. I'm eager to try it with something vanilla or with a lavender, or even LP Red!

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this yet! In the bottle, this is a lightly spiced, lightly pumpkin musk. On my skin, it smells almost floral! The pumpkin is subtle, almost an undercurrent hovering just above the musks. The musks are light and skin like. I get just a hint of sweetness, and the spice melds with the musk. Despite the ingredients, this is not foody on me at all. I think I can even get away with wearing this one year round!! This can easily be layered with other scents. I'm eager to try it with something vanilla or with a lavender, or even LP Red!

Ahhh, you guys are killing me with these musk reviews! Sound wonderful BB :)

YAY!!! That's what I was hoping! I haven't tried any of the other musk PEs yet, but I ordered this one and the Caramel, (and am lamenting the fact that I didn't get the Choco Musk, too), and I'm all squidgy with excitement to try them both. I really love sheer scents - when they meld with your skin and start to smell like you, but better. :)

This on me is a very sheer pumpkin with lots of musk behind it. It's more like pumpkin shavings with musk, it was like pumpkin souffle.

It didn't last too long on my skin which was weird because the musks seem to last forever and ever.

I want to layer this with Caramel Musk and BBM because I am dying for a Pumpkin Caramel Buttercream scent

The pumpkin in this is very subtle with no spice notes whatsoever. At least not to me. Musk tends to amp on my skin though so it sometimes drowns out other notes.. The drydown is very sweet compared to Choco Musk but still lovely. I suspect this will be incredible layered with Unreasonable Pumpkin.

As a pumpkin fiend I can't tell you how much I love this. It's not one of those really heavy musks (like civet) that can sometimes go very wrong on me--this is a veil of skin musk infused with comforting, yummy pumpkin and a sprinkling of spice. It's almost a clean scent, like a clean warm scent which is the perfect autumn counterpart to something like, say, Sneaky Clean even though the two are nothing alike. There is something about the feel of this, though, that mirrors that kind of clean feeling. I know it's hard to imagine clean and pumpkin in the same bottle but somehow Mara managed it, and it's amazing.

I'm trying this one out for the first time today and it's so pretty. It *is* sheer! And clean-smelling. And just a teeny tiny bit spicy.

We had a beautiful fall day here. It was still a bit warm, and the sun was bright. The leaves on the trees are just beginning to change, and this perfume is the perfect complement. It's "sheer" autumn, lovely for a day like today, and not a fuzzy warm scent like most of the pumpkin scents I've tried. I like the warm fuzzy pumpkins, too, but they make me want to put on warm, fuzzy clothes. This makes me want to put on sexy jeans and a light fall sweater over my long-sleeved t-shirt and go for a walk to appreciate the change of season. So glad I got a full bottle. :D

• 4 weeks later...

This is such a nice light pumpkin. It really is sheer and almost floral. I get a teensy bit of spice. This is a perfect fall scent for where I live. Still 85 degrees out. It's light enough for warm weather but pumpkin-y enough for fall.

I get a hit of creamy light pumpkin and perfume from snoofing the bottle. When it hits my skin, though, this goes all slightly spicy, clean-smelling, and...sweet! As it warms and dries down, it gets very skin-scent, some of the creamy feel comes back, and the slight spiciness *almost* disappears. It retains a lingering freshness. At longer drydown I get a light white floral feel. This is not at all what I thought it'd be, with that sweet fresh thing going on! It's beautiful, though, and I love it for its unexpected personality! Oh and it *is* nice and sheer, and great for layering! :heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I'm getting the weirdest thing from this. It's GREAT for layering, which I gather is part of the intent for The Musks. But if I apply it alone using my average amount of perfume--which isn't really that much--Pumpkin Musk turns HUUUUGE and sharp. It still smells GOOD, mind you, but it's like it chases me down and sits on my head! <<<gigglesnort>>> I don't think I've ever gotten this effect before. Alone, I amp it to unbelievable proportions. But if I layer it with something else, it gets very demure and blended. It's really nice with Choco Musk, and I'm going to try it with Unreasonable pumpkin.

Body chemistry is just weird, yes? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okey Dokey! My, how Pumpkin Musk has changed for me! I started wearing it in teeny tiny dabs to keep myself from amping it. It's gorgeous. I layer it often, but it's beautiful by itself--and that latter is what I'd been sort of afraid to do. I don't perceive the pumpkin as pumpkin any more. It comes across as indefined fruitiness, and the musk is sweet and light. It feels like it has some white flowers in it somewhere. It is very, very, very pretty! And I can even dare to go a little beyond teeny dabs without ampage. YAY!!! It's reading as sort of a little black dress kind of perfume on me now. Or, more my style: a man's white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled a couple times, lots of bracelets, hoop earrings, jeans, and boots type of perfume. With my 12 string on the side. Yeah. B)

So, I have no idea whether the perfume settled or my chemistry shifted. I really don't care. I LOVE the outcome! :):heart:

• 4 months later...

For me, the pumpkin is fairly fleshy, just the slighest bit of spice, but the musk is clean and almost soapy, like Egyptian musk tends to smell on me sometimes. I have to wear it more to really get a handle on it - as it does that skin musk neutral thing on me within an hour - but I do agree with the sheer and clean characteristics others have noted.

• 2 months later...

I didn't even think of trying this as a couple of the other musks didn't work so great for me...but a kind trader freebie'd me this and boy am I glad I tried it. It doesn't smell foody AT ALL!!! The pumpkin is definitely the fleshy kind, NOT the pumpkin pie and DEFINITELY not the craft store kind. I bet not 1 out of 100 "on the street" blind testers would identify it as pumpkin. It's perfumey - quasi-floral even. It's one of those skin scents, wears close, feels "natural", like you just wake up smelling like this every day (I wish). This is the rare perfume that would make a great gift that just about anyone would love-- grown up, sweet, fun, not too in-your-face, mild-mannered.

Edited by tyvey

It's crazy how diff chemistry is from person to person. To me this was more of a fleshy pumpkin and then there was the musk- it was like they were separated, kind of how like oils sometimes separate on a plate at an Italian restaurant. It didn't feel like they blended together, maybe I should retest and see how it's aged

• 9 months later...

just got this recently and OMG!!!! i was blown away! I dont amp this musk to high heaven. The pumpkin in this is very fleshy but i do get some spice. It is such a classy scent i am going to wear it constantly,I'm sure. So glad i am getting more in a trade!

• 3 weeks later...

Chemistry is a funny thing.

I thought I'd love this but I got very little pumpkin and too much spice. I just amp'd the spice to distraction.