The Sinner and the Saint

BlueBear

I'm not really eloquent at describing fragrances, but I'll try because I love this SO...MUCH. The Sinner and the Saint is magnificent! It's my favorite in the bunch. It's both light and dark at the same time, sweet and nice with something dangerous in the background. Both in the bottle and on me, you can smell the light sweetness of the powdered sugar and the darkness of the patchouli. The musk is not as out there as they are but it's there, keeping everything balanced. And the amber notes are just divine. This scent didn't really change too much on me; the musk became a little more prominent on me, but that's about it.

I couldn't stop smelling myself all day! If I were a dude, I would totally do me wearing this! :wub:

I'm not really eloquent at describing fragrances, but I'll try because I love this SO...MUCH. The Sinner and the Saint is magnificent! It's my favorite in the bunch. It's both light and dark at the same time, sweet and nice with something dangerous in the background. Both in the bottle and on me, you can smell the light sweetness of the powdered sugar and the darkness of the patchouli. The musk is not as out there as they are but it's there, keeping everything balanced. And the amber notes are just divine. This scent didn't really change too much on me; the musk became a little more prominent on me, but that's about it.

I couldn't stop smelling myself all day! If I were a dude, I would totally do me wearing this! :wub:

If I remember right, this was one of the unisex ones. I was really interested in reading what others thought because I thought it sounded like it'd smell awesome. I guess you just answered my question as to whether a guy could wear it. Maybe I'll just get a bottle for a female friend.

OMG..... I CAN'T WAIT to try this one!!!!!! Light and Dark... MMM.... and powdery.... :wub:

another one that I really like but find that it's "faint" on me, perhaps that's a good thing, SP will have to get REAL close to get a whiff...hee :angel:

Edited by liz

I think I'll have to let this age a bit because right now it is all Saint and no Sinner. It's lovely for what it is but not what I expected at all.

This doesn't smell like anything on me. :D

Just let it sit for a while, and make sure to shake it up before you try it again. The second time I got more of the "Sinner" aspect, but I'm still not quite sure, so I'm just going to set it aside for a couple weeks before my next test.

Edited by luna65

Ok, this one is the most intense of all. It's sharp-but I wouldn't say it's "dark" . I think I amp the patchouli more than the other ingredients...I'm not quite sure about it yet, it's not a smell I'm used to, but I like it. Need to try it more!

Edited by dimitra

THIS IS SO GOOD.... To me, it is a powdery version of With every breath.... MMM... LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It somehow reminds me of Karmiel silken moonlight too??? ITZ LOVELY!!!! Now, i'm having a hard time deciding which one i love the most... You guys are AMAZING!!!! Oh, and itz not sharp on me at all! It's soft and powdery!!!! :abfx: LOVE!!!!

Ok... i've waited for the dry down and the scent turned PLASTICKY ON ME!! :666: I will wait for awhile and test it again :lol::):)

Edited by bumbob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*sigh*

Okay now I'm officially jealous of everyone this does work on, because my skin just refuses to cooperate. Sometimes a musk/resin blend can go really weird on me and with this one I think it's the white musk, which doesn't always play nice. It's like the "saint" elements are crowding out the "sinner" ones, relegating them to the background and it's just not right! *sob*

Because you know which side I count myself on. :OUE9E4~111:

Edited by luna65

*sigh*

It's like the "saint" elements are crowding out "sinner" ones, relegating them to the background and it's just not right! *sob*

Because you know which side I count myself on. ^_^

That's what's happening with this scent on me, too. It dried down soft, powdery, sweet and nice, kind of virginal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BV - I've had that experience, too, particularly with amber scents. Sometimes I have to let them sit a day or two after I receive them and let the fragrance bloom. This one was very sweet on me. The sugar notes reminded me of Egg or Erin's Crystalized Sugar web.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Seriously - if I could get this to stick around on me, it would be one of my faves. It really is beautiful. But after 10-15, it is completely gone. I think I'm going to use my samples I have of it in the bath...

Hello everyone, I'm new and this is my first post. I just wanted to thank Mara for dropping this little gem in my order as a sniffie.

You have no idea how much I loooooove this scent. Over at the "other" site there's a wonderful mix called 397.

I've been praying that they would make a large bottle of it because I just drool over the scent alone. I really don't get self-effects from alot of pheros, but I did with that one. but alas, I gave up hope owning a big bottle of that scent until I came here. I'm so happy because both, The Sinner and The Saint and Loving You Lavender remind me of it. Now I don't have to waste my

money on their verrrrrrrrrry small, yet VERY expensive samples to get the fragrance that I love.

Thank you all again for that happy surprise. Also, If anyone knows of any other scents that smell like the above, please

let me know. I also love the neroli scent :Emoticons0424: (please don't stone me)..lol. Do we have anything comparable to that here as well?

So, back to the review. The Sinner and the Saint smells very soft yet completely alluring. Instead of pulling, it lulls you in ever so seductively for a deeper inspection.It almost reminds me of a naughty kitten who hasn't decided whether she should eat the little mouse in her paws or toss him around for a bit longer. This is a very coy fragrance. In my minds eye, I hear soft whisperes of yes and also maybe no..I love it!

Edited by Dream Big

Hi Dream Big !! :thbf54f4bf:

there's no looking back now Dream Big, you're officially addicted :D

• 2 months later...

I tested this out the other day and the only note that stood out was the white musk, it took over every other single note and did a sort of screeching thing on me, same thing that Karmiel's did after a while. I usually love white musk in LP's scents, but there's a few that have done this screeching white blinding thing to me lately and this was one of them. I could not smell anything else but the white musk. Maybe it was an angel or saint on my skin protecting me from the sensual ambers and patchouli from India, because perhaps then I would be way too heavenly for earth and humans.

• 3 months later...

Yet another scent from my new stash of goodies...

I like it immediately right out of the bottle. Amber, Musk, Patchouli- oh yeah baby!

There’s something sultry about this one to me. Hey! :blink: I was just checking out the description and saw this could be worn by BOTH women and men! I don’t know that I could get hubby to wear it, he’s not a patchouli fan, but I could see ME not leaving him alone if he did :w00t::lol:!

There’s something wonderfully sensual about this scent. I also want to say masculine but perhaps since it is intended for both sexes I could describe it as dominant or in control?

On me words like…mature and/or sophisticated come to mind to describe it, like an evening scent for fine dining and wine and good manners…or a sensual night of deliberate seduction…Is that the duplicity in the name that’s implied? I totally get it!

I wonder what hubby will think of this one? This is a keeper no matter what though :D