Midnight Masquerade

Beccah

AD-MidnightMask_LovePotion.jpg

Midnight Masquerade

This Halloween we brewed up a real treat for all our pink pumpkin fanciers out there in LPMP Land (and we know there's a lot of you!). This is a pink-y sweet scent all dressed up for Trick-or-Treat! We took a slightly spicy creamy pumpkin, fluffed it up even more with marshmallow whip, then decked it out in lots and lots of glittering pink sugar. We gave it a final drizzle of sweet cherry syrup and TA-DA…what a clever costume you've wearing, Pumpkin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

Pink Sugar ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts
mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
Marshmallow root~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine you're getting one gratis because it was your idea!

OMG! I am so blushing right now. I didn't expect that at all. I was just excited to be talking to LA MARA. I honestly was just drooling over the phone, talking about pumpkins, and Maseratis.

Okay, it's thoroughly dried down and melded now. On me, it's a soft, sparkly pink sugar scent, with the cherry and pumpkin both blending and becoming part of the "pink". There is no cherry cough syrup flavor at all, which I usually get with cherry accords.

I really think this is going to be my favorite October release, and one I will be needing a full bottle of!

OH Yes,this is really beautiful,after dry down,altho maybe still just a little too much cherry just yet,on me,betting this will be Perfection in a few weeks! :hearts09793:

...and DUH at first I had it mixed up with where I had put Little Witches on,which could be account for the xtra cherry :lol:

I like this; it reminds me of Pink Sugar but better.

Mara said it turned out like a Halloween version of Pink Sugar, hence the use of "masquerade" in the name.

HAH...am I the only one on the planet who has not tried Pink Sugar :lol: ... this does not last long on me,but I absolutely get the Cherry Sparkle Fuchsia feel,good call Halo...and yeah this could make an amazing spray boosted with Cougar !!!

Compared to LP Pink (another one of my favs), Midnight Masquerade is lighter, sparklier, crisper, cleaner, whereas I'd describe LP pink as heavier, creamier, and more complex.

Definitely gonna need a full bottle, and making a spray w/ cougar sounds like an amazing idea!

I didn't like this first on but when I came back to it an hour or so later, I swear i almost fainted dead away. Holy moly, this is fabulous!! The cherry is similar to that note in last month's releases that reminded me of the 80s gum with the liquid center (Tidal Wave, I believe it's called.) The pumpkin and marshmallow are so creamy. I wasn't a fan of Sparkle Fuschia (*dodging the flying stones and bottles) but the cherry makes this for me. I love it.

I swore I was going to take it easy this month to prepare for November, but dang! I think i need this!

I didn't like this first on but when I came back to it an hour or so later, I swear i almost fainted dead away. Holy moly, this is fabulous!! The cherry is similar to that note in last month's releases that reminded me of the 80s gum with the liquid center (Tidal Wave, I believe it's called.) The pumpkin and marshmallow are so creamy. I wasn't a fan of Sparkle Fuschia (*dodging the flying stones and bottles) but the cherry makes this for me. I love it.

I swore I was going to take it easy this month to prepare for November, but dang! I think i need this!

Omg I am going to die.

I cannot wait.

I have a package coming tomorrow and I am sooo gonna stalk the postman

I wasn't a fan of Sparkle Fuschia (*dodging the flying stones and bottles)

I thought it will turn out like SF except for th cherry note. If I ever lay my hands on a bottle, I'd layer it with Cougar, PP or SS4W

Well this is hands down my favorite of the month!!! It's OMGORGEOUS

Starts of like a sweet candied cherry resting on marshmallow pillows, then the glittering sparkling pink sugars come out to play and lastly the spicy pumpkin!!!!! OMG it totally is Cherry Sparkle Spicy Fuschia!!!

I LOVE THIS!!! Thank you LP!!!

I haven't given it a complete run on it's own yet but when I tried a splotch in my NR frenzy I did love it already. It is so Sparkle Fuschia that those that missed out on that one (or want more) should be satisfied except....I THINK IT IS WAYYYYYY BETTER THAN SP!! Because of the cherry!!! It was like cherry pumpkin cake.

I think Raq should get it for sure because she needs more SP. The cherry is not enough to ruin the Sparkle Fuschia vibe at all.

Am going to wear it all alone to work tomorrow and will update how it wears all day...

I wore this all day and evening Saturday and my sister died on the spot then we stalked the ice cream man, and she bought a cherry slushee thing because I smelled so good.

OMG. I wish I would have done my test run on this today. But I am already slathered in WInter 2011. Just reading you rave about it makes me want to smell like this NOW. The cherry was just a brilliant addition to these ingredients, LV!!!!

OMG. I wish I would have done my test run on this today. But I am already slathered in WInter 2011. Just reading you rave about it makes me want to smell like this NOW. The cherry was just a brilliant addition to these ingredients, LV!!!!

It was Mara I swear! She's the magic behind everything. I'm really excited to try this out with a sexy potion like BANG or one of the Sexes, like Sexpionage.

I wore this on Saturday, and got lots of compliments. I've never smelled Sparkle Fuschia, but if this is close, I can see why you all went nuts over it! I love it! I get cherry, pink, and pumpkin! Later on more spices come out. It's such a girly fall scent.

This is better than Sparkle Fuschia

EXACTLY. Throw some Cougar in this and you're set, it's Sparkle Fuschia's fraternal twin.

The cherry doesn't last long on me at all, and what I end up with is pink sugar pumpkin spice; in a way it sort of reminds me of Drac's Pink Pumpkin Witch without the frosting accord.

Mmmm. This is my favorite of the month. While I smell a relationship to SF (but much softer) on me this is a sultry version of I Scream for Halloween. Weird huh? Must be the marshmallow.