Midnight Masquerade

Beccah

I love the cherry in this. Sometimes pumpkin scents go too candle-y on me. But I'm really loving this scent. Starts off very cherry-pumpkin and settles into marshmallowy sugar. This is for sure a Halloween version of pink sugar. Glad I went for a full bottle!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am waffling on getting a full bottle,unless maybe a spray,boosted with Cougar hmmm :) the cherry amps a bit too much on me but it is still really yummy... I do like Sparkle Fuchsia better and fortunately still have a stash :D

but but but,if I wait it might be too late -_-

I'm glad I did a "cooling off" period for this. The cherry doesn't last as long as I would like on me, and the long dry down is exactly like Sparkle Fuschia (good news for you SF lovers) which did not mesh with me. The first hour is extraordinary, though. I will happily use my sample!!!

I am waffling on getting a full bottle,unless maybe a spray,boosted with Cougar hmmm :) the cherry amps a bit too much on me but it is still really yummy... I do like Sparkle Fuchsia better and fortunately still have a stash :D

but but but,if I wait it might be too late -_-

Come on, what are you waiting for, Calii? Btw, there seemed to be endless bottles in the cart. I took no chances as I prefer keeping oils to alcohol (SF). I layered OCCO Ambrosia over SF to have a "feel" of what MM smells like. As long as the cherry is sweet & juicy, I should not have a problem wearing it.

I'm glad I did a "cooling off" period for this. The cherry doesn't last as long as I would like on me, and the long dry down is exactly like Sparkle Fuschia (good news for you SF lovers) which did not mesh with me.

Yeah see we had the exact same experience with this one!

I was hoping the cherry would sweeten it up more, since I do like a pumpkin blend with a lot of sweetness (or with patchouli) but I compared this and SF side-by-side and they smelled almost exactly the same on me in the drydown.

Come on, what are you waiting for, Calii? Btw, there seemed to be endless bottles in the cart.

Heh,you noticed that cart thang too...mz ebil enabler :001_302:

*hope it is not mistake and they are suddenly ...gone :w00t: or on teh bright side,a new permanent LP fixture,as is a definite instant classic scent!!!!

Wearing this tonight for first time. It's all creamy cherries! Is this really along the lines of Sparkle Fuchsia? Yummers!

BF came home from a Hallowe'en party about half an hour ago, gave me a big hug and said, unprompted, "You smell like Christmas!".

It does smell really, really good. Creamy, silky, and warm. And cherries! :D

I'm starting to think Mara could put cherries in just about anything and I'd wear it. I wasn't aware that I loved that smell until I started wearing LPs. I'm turning into a cherry whore, and I don't care! Lol!

Oh my... I'm so excited to try this one! I just checked the cart as well and it is still coming up as essentially unlimited. I too really hope that's not just a mistake and suddenly there are 0 and I miss out on a full bottle. I need to try my sample first, which I should be able to do when I get to my post office next week.

Wearing this tonight for first time. It's all creamy cherries! Is this really along the lines of Sparkle Fuchsia? Yummers!

BF came home from a Hallowe'en party about half an hour ago, gave me a big hug and said, unprompted, "You smell like Christmas!".

It does smell really, really good. Creamy, silky, and warm. And cherries! :D

I'm starting to think Mara could put cherries in just about anything and I'd wear it. I wasn't aware that I loved that smell until I started wearing LPs. I'm turning into a cherry whore, and I don't care! Lol!

Yes it is similar to SF BUT without the cherry! I love cherry so much too...I wonder what LP I can layer my SF with to get that. I don't have too many prominent cherry ones I don't think.

Oh my... I'm so excited to try this one! I just checked the cart as well and it is still coming up as essentially unlimited. I too really hope that's not just a mistake and suddenly there are 0 and I miss out on a full bottle. I need to try my sample first, which I should be able to do when I get to my post office next week.

It is so sad that you live so far from your post office! The wait must drive you crazy. I am waiting to hear what you think of Treasure of Rubies.

WHICH IS VERY CHERRY ON ME! Maybe I will try a TEENY TINY dab with some SF. Might be weird with the red flowers though.

It is so sad that you live so far from your post office! The wait must drive you crazy. I am waiting to hear what you think of Treasure of Rubies.

WHICH IS VERY CHERRY ON ME! Maybe I will try a TEENY TINY dab with some SF. Might be weird with the red flowers though.

Do you have OCCO Ambrosia? That has cherries, and JOC has been layering her SF with it.

Wearing SF for the first time ever today...be back tonight with my thoughts! Thanks MDC :Hug_emoticon:

Do you have OCCO Ambrosia? That has cherries, and JOC has been layering her SF with it.

Wearing SF for the first time ever today...be back tonight with my thoughts! Thanks MDC :Hug_emoticon:

You could also try A Touch of Cerise or Mamelons de Cerise if you have either of those?

Yes, the post office wait is driving me crazy. But there is no point getting my mail redirected, I move around so much a redirection would soon be redundant, and at least this way I know that no matter where I'm living, I will return to that area every so often so it will get checked eventually... just takes a while sometimes!

You could also try A Touch of Cerise or Mamelons de Cerise if you have either of those?

Yes, the post office wait is driving me crazy. But there is no point getting my mail redirected, I move around so much a redirection would soon be redundant, and at least this way I know that no matter where I'm living, I will return to that area every so often so it will get checked eventually... just takes a while sometimes!

No can do...Mamelons gave me the piercing white musk headbanger from Hell. :(

I checked the cart too because I have been dreaming up boosted bottles for this one!!!

This continues to be amazing and I love it each time I wear it, I've received several compliments and googly eyes from co workers!

Wait-Lady V which combo was it??? I can't find the thread. was it MM with Sveet tooth that was awesome??

I did more Sveet Tooth which amped up the spices on me and the cherry was more pink and brighter sparkly. This is a great combo Raq- you should at least get a sample of MM because I know you will be pissed if you end up loving it and then it's gone then you are going to cry and bake something and eat all of it.

I did more Sveet Tooth which amped up the spices on me and the cherry was more pink and brighter sparkly. This is a great combo Raq- you should at least get a sample of MM because I know you will be pissed if you end up loving it and then it's gone then you are going to cry and bake something and eat all of it.

I have it on my list to get. You all twisted my arm

Now this. This one I am fascinated with. I, too, get the Sparkle Fuchsia on extreme drydown...but it's like it's overlaid with a sugar glaze. And make no mistake: I am addicted to SF, so it's all good. Early on, I get lots of cherry, which barely squeaks by too-much-for-me as it settles back just in time. Then I get a breath of SF, which goes away immediately. Then it starts playing around with smelling like Jubilee--which I'm head-over-heels for--but it's not quite Jubilee either! So what Midnight Masquerade *is* for me is a member of the Sparkle Fuchsia Jubilee family and I love it! I keep fantasizing about amping or layering it with any number of pheros. Very YUM! :wub:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

This definitely has that Sparkle Fuchsia vibe--seriously, I LOVE all of Mara's SF variations--but with a stronger cherry note than strawberry. Like EOSP said that cherry is reminiscent of Jubilee, with its delicious juicy tartness. It's like creamy cherry marshmallows on top of pumpkin pie filling, all covered in sparkling pink sugar that may be sweet, but never cloying. The pumpkin here is not a spicy pumpkin--maybe the barest hint of spice but it doesn't amp--but s mooth, creamy pumpkin that blends perfectly with the other notes. Another one of those I want to eat. No-brainer!

Okay, I just tried the MM layered with ST trick you all have been talking about. Very nice! By itself, ST turned all dry spice, but the MM is keeping it all juicy and sweet so far.