Lap of Luxury

ravenwing

AD-PUN-Sharks-LovePotion.jpg

Lap of Luxury

We bring you a business-minded blend designed to go green: the clean and fresh elements of olive leaf, osmanthus, red and green clover, tomato leaf, sweet grass, maile vine, and aloe make this the purr-fectly pleasant workplace scent which also encourages prosperity and success (we used only four-leaf clovers in our accords to give you all the luck you need!). And to give it the winning edge we've enhanced it with 333 mcg per bottle of our exclusive pheromone blend SWIMMING WITH SHARKS. This mix lends an air of respect, appeases and calms people who may bristle against those in authority, and helps people to really listen to what you have to say. All cats of commerce crave the lap of luxury, so jump up and claim it for yourself! This fragrance and pheromone blend may be worn by both women & men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
OLIVE LEAF ~ Peace, power, riches, potency, fertility, healing, protection, lust.
OSMANTHUS ~ Potency, fertility, healing, peace, protection, lust. Love & romance.
CLOVER ~ Luck, protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing.
GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
TOMATO LEAF ~ Love & wealth attraction, repelling of negativity.
ALOE ~ Luck, healing, success, protection.
MAILE VINE ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if there is another thread, I couldnt find one.

On me this is a very classy floral. It makes me feel so sophisticated and regal. i cant pick out any specific flowers, they all meld so beautifully. I am like a warm spring bouquet in the royal gardens. beautiful.

Absolutely loved this one!!! Warm notes Spring flowers in a warm bouquet .Self effects were very focused, felt respected and people listened to what i had to say ( a client and my little sister who was a little needy!).

Definately buying this in oil and spray....

This is beautiful on me,light,clean,very,very uplifting. Not the usual foody Calii scent but will be wearing for intent and self-effects...am already a big fan of SWS,it gives me extra confidence and encourages people to pay attention! :D

"As one of the most prosperous felines of Catropolis, I am often asked to share the secret of my success: what makes me a winner? And I say unto you all, think green and encourage abundance! When the catnip come in heavy with yield, when your garden flowers full and fragrant with delicious treats, when your coffers fill with crisp currency from happy customers, it's all connected...from the fields to the boardroom! Focus on the goal, large or small, focus on doing it right and doing it better, and you too will soon be green with good fortune!"

• 1 month later...

It smells a bit more herbal to me than floral, but I like layering it with Darling Catalina (rather important for when I take a whack at reading tarot cards at a bar or club next time around) or non-phero vanilla fragrances.

The phero makes me feel a bit cocky-albeit a lot less cocky than how Audacious in Far Far Away is making me feel now, and men tend to be give me a more respectful distance when I wear it in enough right amounts. I've also got away with being rude to some guy on the bus who didn't bother to bug me further, which was a plus. People also seem to be more interested in listening to what I have to say. The scent isn't entirely my thing, but it's still good and not overwhelming so it doesn't smell off when I layer with a dessert-like scent. So I bought a bottle. :D

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Lap of Luxury worked wonders for me at work the other day.

The fragrance is more masculine on me than what I normally wear, but I enjoyed switching it up for a change. Besides, the leafy essence is unusual & very outdoorsy/natural smelling. Every time I got a whiff it reminded me of the prosperity/success intent infused in the potion & I instantly felt more confident & happy. Along with the SWS phero blend this combo perfectly paved harmonious interactions for me with all my co-workers that day.

On a typical day I work closely with up to 14 new crew members each flight. Often, working as a team is difficult when you aren't familiar with one another. Differences of opinions on the work load arise (mostly on who does what & how) that disrupt the flow of the service. The day I wore Lap of Luxury all my interactions with co-workers were fluid & pleasant. Surprisingly, even authoritarian types relaxed around me, welcoming my suggestions/input to the mix, while brow-beating other co-workers & criticizing their performance that day. I recommend Lap of Luxury for any situation that can use help easing communication/interaction between superiors & subordinates ( or difficult types). It works so well I will wear this one to work on a regular basis. Thank you LPMP for this potion, it's magic... Aloha

The fragrance is more masculine on me than what I normally wear, but I enjoyed switching it up for a change. Besides, the leafy essence is unusual & very outdoorsy/natural smelling.

This might make me try this. I was avoiding it because I'm not much of a floral person but what you described sounds right up my alley. I have 'Swimming With Sharks' in 'The Shark Whisperer', and I absolutely loved the classy scents it was paired with in 'Mercuralia' and 'Oleander the Great'.

• 1 month later...

This is a gorgeous green scent. I love the scent, it's totally up my alley. I'm wearing this to my martial arts class, of which I'm the ONLY woman in there. I often feel like it's a boys club, so I'm hoping the SWS will make me feel a bit better in there. lol.

I will update!

Edit: This guy in my martial arts class who grates on my nerves (super alpha males usually grate on my nerves since I'm an alpha female) was very.. hmm, his mannerisims still grate on my nerves but he was very courteous towards me today, respectful even.

HOWEVER. Lap of Luxury turns a weird scent on me on drydown. I don't really like it, however it's not very strong, so not a big deal really...

I need gallons of this SWS phero blend. Just have to decide if I want Lap of Luxury or just buy the unscented phero so I can wear with anything.

Edited by maiea

• 3 weeks later...

OLIVE LEAF ~ Peace, power, riches, potency, fertility, healing, protection, lust.

OSMANTHUS ~ Potency, fertility, healing, peace, protection, lust. Love & romance.

CLOVER ~ Luck, protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing.

GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.

TOMATO LEAF ~ Love & wealth attraction, repelling of negativity.

ALOE ~ Luck, healing, success, protection.

MAILE VINE ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.

TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

http://www.lovepotio...n/BC-LapLuxury/

I searched, paged thru a half-dozen pages of reviews, and did not see a review yet for this! When I first recieved the set, I did not rush to wear this immediately, it seemed a bit sharp at first...perhaps the tomato leaf? but now it's a gentle, easy-going office friendly scent I can see myself wearing more often. In fact, I'm probably going to leave the bottle here at work so I have it on hand.

While it has a *slight* floral note, I don't think it makes this one 'feminine' more so than 'unisex'...

ETA: I'm an idiot and did not specifically look in the PHERO reviews! Sorry Luna, would you move me!?

Edited by katz

• 2 months later...

The dominant notes to me are laundry detergent, and floral-- pretty much a fifty fifty with each one peeking out more than the other sometimes.

Then there's an elusive powdered sugar element that softens the in your face flowers. I do get a sense of the green (with the flowers I think that's why I'm getting a laundry detergent smell.

I haven't worn this around others yet, but I do want to try the Swimming around Sharks to see if maybe I'd want to buy that without the Lap of Luxury smell.

After trying it a few more times (and I'm wearing less than I would with, say, Odalisque or Red Lace), I'll hand it off to a friend who likes floral perfumes.

• 3 months later...

This scent is mildly green and herby with a hint of flowers, but with also a laundry sheet kind of clean on me! I wish it remained more organic, and I'm not even sure what's causing it to make me smell like Bounce....

I have been complimented by others on this scent though! Perhaps I should layer with a drip of patchouli EO to bring some earthiness to this mix....

I really wanted to love this one and I have tried my sample on multiple times thinking if I just keep giving it enough try's it will work, but my skin is amping the herbs in this and making me smell like I rolled in green herbs all day... I'm so mad at my skin chemistry right now....

• 2 months later...

Question for you ladies, I am looking for an interview scent and Dolly recommended SWS as a great phero for just such an occasion. That, I intend on doing but I did want to find out whether the floral in Lap of Luxury is really strong. When I think of floral, I think of Betrothal and although it's a beautiful scent, that was unfortunately just way too many flowers for me. In general, is this one more herbal or have you found that the floral comes across in a major way? I just don't want to smell like a flower store but a gentle blend in the background would be great.

Thanks!!!

ETA: it seems from the posts that it might go either way on the floral amp. So, with that said, do you think the scent would be too much for a first impression?

Edited by StoremyWhether

Thanks Eggers. I decided to go ahead and get a bottle!! After buying all of the normal scents I love, i.e. dark, resins, brown sugar, spicy, etc., I'm finding that it's just as important to have a few scents that are light and fresh, especially if I want to make a good first impression career-wise. I'll be trying this one out before I ever get to an interview stage but it seems like for all intent and purposes, this one may very well be my go to fragrance. :)

Thanks Eggers. I decided to go ahead and get a bottle!! After buying all of the normal scents I love, i.e. dark, resins, brown sugar, spicy, etc., I'm finding that it's just as important to have a few scents that are light and fresh, especially if I want to make a good first impression career-wise. I'll be trying this one out before I ever get to an interview stage but it seems like for all intent and purposes, this one may very well be my go to fragrance. http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

I really like Act Of Violets as a go to floral. It is a floral without those sharp pointy notes. Smooth edges. It's a very pleasant scent and would go great with SS4W. IMO

Edited by StacyK

I keep seeing posts here and there about Act of Violets so I'll have to check it out. It seems really popular and I definitely like the idea of lighter brighter scents for work. I'm testing out Enduring Appeal at the moment and something in it is reminiscent for me of Cougar so I can see that one working out well (minus the fact it is Limited Edition). BTW, if you haven't tried Lap of Luxury, I tried that one out when I got it and it is very lovely too - not too feminine but just enough that I don't feel like I'm wear men's cologne. It's very fresh and clean.

^^ I have not tried Lap of Luxury but it's on my to get list.. I'm on an extended quest to complete that whole collection Lol. Thanks tho I did wonder about how femme it was,

I like clean scents for work, well usually, but LP makes that difficult ;-).

I do like Act Of Violets. is a modern violet. I think in my review I said " it's not your grandmas violet".

But it not so out there...It's female, pretty, deep and not to loud. When I take it out more socially I love to sex it up a bit with a dab of Phero Girl.

Edited by StacyK

That really sounds like an interesting combo because Pherogirl has this whole smutty honey, I mean business sort of scent on me. Something about that honey tested my patience until it decided to play nice. I need to start trying the layering!!

That really sounds like an interesting combo because Pherogirl has this whole smutty honey, I mean business sort of scent on me. Something about that honey tested my patience until it decided to play nice. I need to start trying the layering!!

^^ I mean after work.. to sex it up a bit for fun.

Ive used both PG and the much softer Sugared Honeycomb. I only dab the PG in the cleave.

• 1 year later...

Hmm.. shouldn't this thread be in the phero reviews? It has SWS in it, right? I went through *pages* before I finally gave up and searched by title, lol..

I'm trying this out as I have an interview on Saturday. I like clean, green scents, and this is definitely that. While it is a bit masculine, I think a woman could easily wear it. She would just smell fabulously clean.. it is kind of soapy.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Bumping for charity auction!

Incredibly versatile unisex work friendly scent!

I always thought the name didn’t properly categorize this one because for me luxury implies warm or super elegant, definitely rich. But now that I’m thinking about it, this is like the current modern luxury. Like an instagram pic of a gorgeous modern room with pristine white walls and decor with a few artful accents and green succulents as decor. It’s a clean elegant type of luxury. If you like Oleander the Great, consider bidding on this one!