Potion Master

LIST OF PHERO ENHANCED FRAGRANCES

I realized when we opened the store, (perhaps very belatedly), that we really need one permanent scent for each phero blend so people can try them in a complimentary scented trial form, no matter the change in seasons and comings and goings of LEs.

I'd like the input from all our beloved experts here - and you are all experts in what you like. Not necessarily a specific scent (as I may not be able to rebrew it) but at least a scent type that I can craft in a form that I can brew over and over again, that nicely compliments each phero personality.

Such as:

Sharks - clean & green

Perfect Match - unisex cottony vanilla like Unisexy

Balm Bomb - fuzzy lavender

Etc....

Thoughts?

Thank you, Loved Ones! :D

PS: If the phero blend already has a permanent scent attached in the first post, you can skip it. We're keeping those.

I really liked Popularity potion with orange/mandarin scents like Daring Clementine...

Oh wow this will help me so much in my job. Thank you!

Now, I used some previously brewed scents as COMPARISON, but not saying they would have to be those scents, but just the FEELING of them....

Treasured Hearts goes really well with a light scent.....like a honeysuckle......very light and sweet, but not cloying, and also unobtrusive. I wear TH a lot with a single-note honeysuckle that I bought at the Lousiana Ren Faire.

Open WIndows also goes well with a light honeysuckle or fruity scent.....

I think with Dom, the feeling of the scent NEEDS to be heavier, but not SCARY for those who have problems with resins......maybe something dark but not resinous......possibly something LIKE the original Dom with the dark chocolate and roses?

I like the clean idea for SWS, since it is more Unisex.....Mean Business is perfect for that phero, IMO

I think with BI, it should be something like a thick vanilla.....a boozy-type vanilla......not cakey......

That's all I have right now.....it is too early in the a.m.

Edited by Dolly

Since OW is a unisex phero, it might be best to put to put it in something that guys can wear too. Maybe something airy and clean, similar to Cerulean Blue or ... what was that River one?

Since OW is a unisex phero, it might be best to put to put it in something that guys can wear too. Maybe something airy and clean, similar to Cerulean Blue or ... what was that River one?

OOOOH yeah, a cool blue one! Even better!

Edited by Dolly

There are some pheros that always remind me of a certain LP.

Like I can't think of Gotcha without remembering Fuzzy Wuzzy.

Lace-Red Lace.

LFM-Goddess of the Blue Moon or something like Unbridled

Heart and Soul - maybe like a sweet and delicate vanilla/floral with a touch of floral? A Lick of Pink comes to mind.,

I like that idea for OW to be something airy and clean. PM would be great as something cottony and unisex. Mmmmm like Tonka Musk... One of my faves *wink wink*

I love this idea!

My favourite carrier for OW has always been Stealing Heaven. The scent fit the phero so perfectly. I have a quarter of a bottle left that I refuse to use, just because I never want to be without it!

I love this idea!

My favourite carrier for OW has always been Stealing Heaven. The scent fit the phero so perfectly. I have a quarter of a bottle left that I refuse to use, just because I never want to be without it!

My personal fave for OW is Hot and Sticky, because it is fruity and fresh.....it also makes a great spray too...... but that scent wouldn't be good for a man......

Dolly, I think my BF would wear it - Hot & Sticky is his most favourite LP, ever! :lol:

Dolly, I think my BF would wear it - Hot & Sticky is his most favourite LP, ever! :lol:

My man loves it ON me, but I am not sure he would actually wear it!

My bottle has cops in it, so he's not allowed. But if it didn't, I'm sure he would. He goes WILD for that scent! It triggers a really happy childhood memory for him. :)

I should try wearing it with OW. Hot & Sticky, cops & OW? Oh yeah!

My bottle has cops in it, so he's not allowed. But if it didn't, I'm sure he would. He goes WILD for that scent! It triggers a really happy childhood memory for him. :)

I should try wearing it with OW. Hot & Sticky, cops & OW? Oh yeah!

Absolutely! Hot and Sticky is totally congruent with Open Windows!!

There are some pheros that always remind me of a certain LP.

Like I can't think of Gotcha without remembering Fuzzy Wuzzy.

Lace-Red Lace.

LFM-Goddess of the Blue Moon or something like Unbridled

Heart and Soul - maybe like a sweet and delicate vanilla/floral with a touch of floral? A Lick of Pink comes to mind.,

I like that idea for OW to be something airy and clean. PM would be great as something cottony and unisex. Mmmmm like Tonka Musk... One of my faves *wink wink*

Hell yeah, love the idea of H&S in something similar to Lick of Pink! Also love the idea of the unisex pheros all being housed in unisex scents. I mean if one or two come off as a skotch too masculine, it's not like we don't have the Sugareds to feminize them to our liking ;)

Edited by Beccah

Perfect Match and Bonded just amazing. Men & women just breath me in and get lovey dovey.

Goddess Of The Blue Moon and LFM- very amazing. They are congruent in the extreme. I literally cannot replicate that LFM experience with any other scent and boy I have tried.

That can turn a skeptic into a believer. (that's me btw).

Gotcha with Honeyed LP is pure witchcraft. Fuzzy Wuzzy also very congruently wonderful.

Dolly nailed it with the Dom and the deep chocolate floral. I've been trying so hard to get a congruent scent with Dom that's not pure loud sex. I want womanly and sexy at the same time. But, someone with her panties on, at least out in public.

I second Dolly's idea with Treasured Hearts too. I wear that with Leprechaun Luck. Your Fairy Musk and Get Happy are great vehicles for TH as well.

Open Windows and Stealing Heaven is AMAZING!! x 1000. Maybe a SH type or a Unisex SH type scent.

LFN with Carbon Black is very amazing, just made for each other.

I like the idea of a Lick Of Pink scent with Heart and Soul. I also like me Marsha Mellow (a great sort of sexy skin type) with H&S. MM is a nice mellow alternative.

MLH-Kitten Nip'n!!!

I think something "surprising" with LACE, like a slightly deep scent. A vaguely alluring gently sweet but ambery/resinous (not patch). Like a baby of Amber Amore and Carbon Black. Like Marilyn M. in a little black dress! Something deep but versatile and all female.

Topper with a light Pure Sugar scent.

ETA

I know you (Mara) were asking more for TYPE than specific scent but I think, for me it's easier to give an example, if there's a good one (there always is :) I'm afraid I might misrepresent the type if I go on that alone.

I know you can't rebrew all your old scents. :)

I can see this putting a ding in my wallet already :lol:

Edited by StacyK

Oh ya! Fairy Musk is my favorite TH pairing. And Far Far Away or Soaked for Audacious.

M: as per your request for scent types:

Men's

Alpha-Androstenol - clean green or masculine citrus

Phero B2.2 - musk or unisex
Charisma - musk or green chypre
Dirty Old Man - I think you should stick with the same scent for this one.

Hunter Trapper - deep resin blend
Open Windows - subtle musk
MVP for Men - clean green or aquatic
Perfect Match - unisex

Swimming With Sharks - clean green or sheer musk

Topper - clean green or aquatic

True Confessions - musk or masculine gourmand

Women's

Alpha-Androstenol - fruity (i.e citrus)

Balm Bomb - gourmand lavender

BANG! - SLF or fuckable gourmand

Blatant Invitation - flowery musk

Dominance - deep resin blend

Empathy Potion - fuzzy herbal or comforting resins

G2 - musk or unisex

Girl/Girl - unisex floral

Gotcha! - "man magnet" gourmand type

Heart & Soul - gourmand
Lace - fruity floral
La Femme Mystere - sparkling floral
La Femme Noire - deep resin blend
Leather - unisex or deep resin blend

Levitation - fruity

Lumina - airy floral

Mega Watt - caffeinated!
Mother's Little Helper - comfort gourmand
Open Windows - comfort gourmand or subtle musk
Perfect Match - unisex
Popularity Potion - sparkling floral or glamour citrus

Swimming With Sharks - subtle resin/musk

Topper - fruity

Treasured Hearts - sugary floral or subtle musk

True Confessions - musk or unisex

Thank you for the excellent input - this is all very helpful! :)

I just wouldn't make every alpha phero have resins. A lot of people don't like deep resinous scents so if LFN, Leather and Dom are all resinous I think that's a mistake.

Well I'm not the only one making suggestions, after all.

Please don't be offended. I'm coming from the angle of a customer service employee that has to make suggestions to totally overwhelmed new customers every day. Certainly wasn't trying to offend you.

Lace - something pink and cherry marshmallow girly- like Cherry D or Tyvey's Cherry Rose

LFM- something sophisticated like Orchidacious

LFN - something sexy like Black Panther

Dom- i have it in Sorceress and I think it's great in that blend

I'll have to see what blends I have and come back and list some more

I just wouldn't make every alpha phero have resins. A lot of people don't like deep resinous scents so if LFN, Leather and Dom are all resinous I think that's a mistake.

That is why I didn't suggest resins.....I would wear resins in EVERYTHING, but some people simply cannot handle them. That is why I suggested dark but not resinous for Dom.....I would suggest similar for Leather......LFM, don't know, never have worn it, and probably won't, considering my man's reaction to high doses of Est.

I think with Dom, the feeling of the scent NEEDS to be heavier, but not SCARY for those who have problems with resins......maybe something dark but not resinous......possibly something LIKE the original Dom with the dark chocolate and roses?

See, I was thinking something like this would work for Leather, a sexy gourmand with the feminine touch of an edible floral. Just because it's called "Leather" doesn't necessarily mean it has to have a leather note, I hope.

It's too bad that the original Levitation Potion can't be the scent for Levitation. While there have been many enhanced versions since, and I do like and own most of them, there is just something about Levitation Potion that is truly magical! :)

Stealing Heaven and River Song are brilliant for Open Windows, fresh and airy, with just a kiss of sparkly fruit.

Maybe a cute, fruity marshmallow one for Lace. :)

Something "pink" for H&S.

Dom- i have it in Sorceress and I think it's great in that blend

I absolutely ADORE Sorceress!!

See, I was thinking something like this would work for Leather, a sexy gourmand with the feminine touch of an edible floral. Just because it's called "Leather" doesn't necessarily mean it has to have a leather note, I hope.

It's too bad that the original Levitation Potion can't be the scent for Levitation. While there have been many enhanced versions since, and I do like and own most of them, there is just something about Levitation Potion that is truly magical! :)

Stealing Heaven and River Song are brilliant for Open Windows, fresh and airy, with just a kiss of sparkly fruit.

Maybe a cute, fruity marshmallow one for Lace. :)

Something "pink" for H&S.

Even though the original scented Dom had dark chocolate, it was not what I would really call a "gourmand".....more of a non-foody chocolate to me.....

Edited by Dolly

Ooh! I love Lady V's suggestion for something Black Panther-like for LFN. And something Tyvey's Cherry Rose-ish for Lace. That's a great one, too.

Ooh I would love DOM in a dark chocolate rose scent.

BI in a man nip type of scent. Wasn't there one that was pumpkin lavender buttercream?

Pop Potion- I loved PP in the Darling C orange cupcake or even in a Celebutante grapefruit type of thing.

BANG- to me is LVs Sweet Pussycat or a cherry chip cupcake. Stealth sexy.

ETA

Topper I love in just Pure Sugar so it goes with everything.

Edited by hearts

Ok so I'm no expert, and since I may give wrong genre, some suggestions based on either scent genre and/ or prior scent:

Topper - something light and airy so you can wear alone and layer, crescendo was amazing - light fruity, inviting, uplifting scent

Audacious - haven't tried yet but want to and Soaked (or something like it) sounds like amazing scent

Lumina - agree with a post above as far as maybe a light aquatic note - not too watery though, more like dewy fresh and a tiny bit airy at same time

LFN - would love this in something that isn't a dark resin; could be like Lady V's Black Panther or even Sweet Pussycat. Maybe something semi-sweet, so it's kind of like a 'sneak attack' - like yea I'm sweet but also sophisticated and sexy as hell. You could have a side 'booster' that makes it darker 'flavor' or something to dial up or dial down that aspect. (hee)

Lace - sadly, I'm a total non responder to Lace :(

Bang - loved loved it in Coquette - that honeysuckle note made it spring out and felt it was soooo good with Bang. It was just a wee too it green for me, though I loved it. Bang with more honeysuckle (less fig maybe) - good.

LAM - love it in BCP, so anything in that genre woud likely also be a winner

Cuddle Bunny - living doll was amazing, loved that crisp sweet ripe apple note. I bought a FB for notes alone, it's the only time I've worn CB.

OW - I think I'm a non responder, more testing to be done. Weird as Topper is one of my favs and they are close. So I don't have any ideas for that.

I know everything I've mentioned may not be totally congruent, but I think sometimes things can be overly congruent, then there's a lack of air or versatility. But that's totally opinion. :)

M: as per your request for scent types:

Men's

Alpha-Androstenol - clean green or masculine citrus

Phero B2.2 - musk or unisex

Charisma - musk or green chypre

Dirty Old Man - I think you should stick with the same scent for this one.

Hunter Trapper - deep resin blend

Open Windows - subtle musk

MVP for Men - clean green or aquatic

Perfect Match - unisex

Swimming With Sharks - clean green or sheer musk

Topper - clean green or aquatic

True Confessions - musk or masculine gourmand

I would just add SWS: Or citrus along the line of LP#9. I consider LP#9 a very work safe scent.

Edited by quietguy

I'm coming from the angle of a customer service employee that has to make suggestions to totally overwhelmed new customers every day.

I understand that. I'm only making suggestions based on what I believe is appropriate, just like everyone else, so nothing is absolute. Certainly my suggestions are not going to represent what the entire customer base would prefer and nor would anyone else's, which is why it's important that everyone participate.

This is so helpful for us thinking of boosting scents. I have a stash of UN and a stash of perfumes without and never know quite which ones to pair. Thanks! Although this does make me understand why Steamy Bikini with it's clean green notes doesn't work for me with Gotcha on my skin (apparently no one elses)

My personal fave for OW is Hot and Sticky, because it is fruity and fresh.....it also makes a great spray too...... but that scent wouldn't be good for a man......

I used OW all the time with my Hot n Sticky, I think this vibe would be a perfect carrier….

oo fun! OTOH, going with what comes first to mind, for some of my favs

bang ... yes it kinda begs for resins and dirty honeys just on principle, but bakery covers it SO well that I have to go with that. And the somewhat-incongruity is sort of sneakily powerful IMO :666: I have it in Wink at the Moon and LV Puddytat and they are both absolutely TDF

bi ... unfffff I have LOVED every one of the preboosted ones this has come with ... all that honey and bakery ... esp. PFYT ... more of that yesplz

gotcha ... on me HLP is SOOOOOOO beyond perfectly matched to this phero

PM, I will just forever associate with the drop dead perfect Allumette. Unisex, equal-opportunity snuggle-inviting and alluring, Hm boy this is useful eh Mara?? :D

LFM ... fruity floral in vein of Perty Flirty or Goodie Tooshu. A scented-Cougar type musk should be involved in any event IMO!

balm ... non-foody vanilla and/or lavender

anol ... light white florals

g2 ... it would be fun to do something effervescent with this (like PIzzazz) not just because it'd be congruent with its effects but also for me it is so "cocktails with the girls"

Edited by tyvey

Ohhhh, yesss!!! I agree with you about PFYT! :D

And I like your cocktail with the girls and g2 idea! :)

I have to agree on Bang and Sweet Pussy. Bang that Sweet Pussy yo!! It's perfect.

I have LP Pink boosted with Cougar and I think it's perfect.

CB works well in Castle Crumble for me

I really do like Lace with all the sweet cupcake fem type scents. Like Lady Suzy's Bday Cupcake, Lady V's Cherry Rose, Candy Apple Cutie, Midnight Masquerade.

SS4W I have boosted with Masked Man and I think its the most perfect thing ever. I also have it boosted with Tonka Musk and Marsha Mellow. I also have it with Tyvey's Flora Royale and Special D - because I have Special D boosted with everything.

I've noticed I boost a lot of scents that are cupcakey sweet foodie with BI and Bang and Lace.