Perfect Match VS. Heart and Soul- effects?

Hi all!

So I was looking at PM and H&S when I realised that both have a pretty similar list of pheros:

PM contains B-nol, A-nol, Androsterone, Epi-androsterone, Androstadienon, DHEA

H&S contains Est, B-nol, A-nol, Androsterone, Epi-androsterone

I'm quite curious to know if there're any notable differences between the two in terms of effects? I understand that effects will definitely vary from person to person, but I'd love to hear from anyone who's tried both!

So funny!! I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. I have only started playing with PM so I can't answer the question but I was also wondering if I need both or is my H&S enough.

eta:

Ok, so in staring at the ingredients because of the lack of est would PM have more of an authority vibe to it?

Edited by missdarlyncherie

When I use Heart & Soul, the effect is kind of a cuddly, sweet vibe. Not necessarily sexual, and not a "twosies" kind of vibe, either. I use it around other people, and it seems to make other people think I'm a sweetheart. When I use it around BF, I get kind of an "Aw! You're so CUTE!!!" reaction. That and snuggles.

With PM there's definitely a more "couple-y" vibe when I use it around BF. I sometimes get a jolt of what almost feels like anxiety, (sort of like a joyful body buzz), and then when that goes away I just feel happy to be with him, and him with me. There's a sense that we're most definitely a pair, and we're having fun together. It feels cosy. And giggly. And for both of us, but especially BF, there's a turn-on factor too, (that I don't get at all with H&S), and that turn-on factor rivals some of the reactions of my more blatantly sexual phero blends. It has topped all of them but Phero Girl and Compromising Positions.

I've used Perfect Match out in public, too, and it seems to make people behave extra-specially nice toward me, and there's a little giddiness involved, too.

I really like both pheros, but they definitely have very different effects on me, and on the people around me. I don't think I'd want to be without either. Heart & Soul is nice, but I tend to use it according to when *I* feel snuggly and like I want to curl up with a good book, or when I definitely don't want a sexual reaction from BF. I've used it with an Occo before, and the effect is nice, but not the same as PM. But Perfect Match is very nearly a sure-hitter, so if I'm wanting to induce the sweet feeling of being newly in love, and of just really enjoying each other's company, (and the lusty sort of feelings that can bring on in a new relationship), then I use Perfect Match.

ETA, I've also noticed a cumulative effect with PM. If I wear it on Monday, the effects are still noticeable on Wednesday - that lovey-dovey, sweet feeling. It's very nice.

Edited by Eggers

In chemical language, that's really quite a big difference. There are only so many pheromones, and weighting them differently in a blend can make for pretty profound differences.

H&S is clearly a feminine signature. With Est in the lead, you are giving off a vibe that you should be cherished and taken care of. The other ingredients say that you are important and deserve respect, are worthy of trust and make people feel good in your presence.

PM has trust and bonding in the lead, mood elevation, then mutual respect - both sexes represented here, cuddly calmness, and finally the youthful butterfly feelings of attraction and love.

I sometimes get a jolt of what almost feels like anxiety, (sort of like a joyful body buzz), and then when that goes away I just feel happy to be with him, and him with me.

That's the DHEAS in action!!! Love the stuff. (Can't really comment other than this because i don't use either frequently enough.)

That's the DHEAS in action!!! Love the stuff. (Can't really comment other than this because i don't use either frequently enough.)

Yep. I noticed the same thing when I used Topper at the show we went to a couple of weeks ago. FUN!!!

I do have to laugh about H&S making you one to be loved and cherished. Funny observation I've made while wearing it around BF: our living room is on the second floor, while our kitchen is on the first, and BF and I usually do some creative bargaining about who will go down and refresh our coffees - when I wear H&S, he just jumps up to get it himself, no bargaining involved! Lol! I really should wear that one more often...

I have both PM and H&S! I love them both equally. And they're different enough, that you should buy both!! :)

Eggers, love your explanation of the differences!

Yes, Eggers, you really described the effects quite beautifully, and spot on with their intentions! :D

Thank you both! I really, really enjoy these two blends. :)

I never got any effects, self or otherwise from H and S or from Treasured Hearts for that matter. I really wanted them to work b/c they seem so unique and specific. I plan on trying TH again come November. I think TS had too much EST in it for me.

I am glad to read this thread however, B/C I had always assumed PM was something else. So def. going to try that one!

I love both, but Heart and Soul is one of my favorite pheros. I've said it before but everyone falls in love with me when I wear this. Makes my crush friendly and talkative. Sometimes I will add a spray of DHEAS or a bit of cops.

I use my Unscented H&S the most out of all my Unscented pheros.

PM is better for the men that don't do well with Est.

Thanks for that B! My man either doesn't respond favorably or not at all to ESt, but SS4w and Bang are winners so go figure. I so wanted TH to work, but I'm not giving up, will try PM too

Thanks for that B! My man either doesn't respond favorably or not at all to ESt, but SS4w and Bang are winners so go figure. I so wanted TH to work, but I'm not giving up, will try PM too

I don't think TH has Est in it, but I could be wrong.

To me the difference is that Perfect Match seems to remind people of all the things they like about me, while H&S seems to make people think I'm nice and feel open with me. Subtle, but after using both extensively I think that is the difference I notice.

To me the difference is that Perfect Match seems to remind people of all the things they like about me, while H&S seems to make people think I'm nice and feel open with me. Subtle, but after using both extensively I think that is the difference I notice.

TH has some similar effects that H&S has, which is part of why I'm starting to enjoy them both.

Thank you that makes sense. It's been said before, but just that little tweak in amount or placement of the phero in a blend can make all the difference. which is why I am systematically making my way through the UN's. That reminds me, I have to update my UN thread in my journal.

It's been said before, but just that little tweak in amount or placement of the phero in a blend can make all the difference.

:yeahthat: !!!!!!!!! ...plus a blend with a scent can be completely different to everyone...scent memory and/or association is a powerful thing.And then there is individual reaction to any pheromone at any given time...soooo many reasons that continuous experimenting truly is the only way!

Wow, thanks everyone for the enlightening responses!

I haven't had too many opportunities to try either- in fact, I've only tried each one once, so perhaps I'm not in the best position to judge their effects! But I almost seemed to get opposite results from what Eggers reported?

I spritzed on some Passion in Pink with H&S before heading out for a late-night supper with the boyfriend, and even though we would both usually be quite quiet and sleepy at 3am in the morning, we were both giggly and chatty- it really gave me this "ah this is why we're together" sort of feeling, if that makes any sense?

Whereas when I dabbed on some UN-PM beneath AToP before hitting the beach with him, we were both really quiet- not in a bad way, but in a "I'm relaxed and feeling wonderfully lazy" kind of way. After about an hour or so this went away and we had fun frolicking around the beach.

I'm not sure if it was just an "off" day to have used the PM, but I much preferred the effects of H&S- I'm usually quite a bubbly person, so the "quietness" felt a little uncomfortable for me.

Hmm. Guess I'll just experiment a little more to see.

Yeah, it's best to try each phero several times to judge wether the results were also influenced by the mood you were in. H&S makes me kind of giggly and chatty too sometimes, it's a real feel good phero.

Still not enough experiments with PM for me to say much about it yet but with the new Unisexy I should know some more soon!!