maiea's Green Lavender

maiea

I *just* got this in the mail today (I know, almost a month after the October updates! Postal service is sloooowww.)

Okay I excitedly tore into my box from LPMP because this is my first ever PE.

I felt a slight panic as I smelled a bit of the oil that had spilled out.. and it didn't subside when I rolled on the perfume. EEK. I smelled like cheap lavender air freshener! The fresh cut grass note was too strong and totally overwhelmed the lavender!

However, I gave it a few minutes to settle down and the hard grass edge tempered down a bit and the lavender came out.

So... it's alright. It's a very fresh, hard green fragrance with lavender.

But I got hit with an idea. I'm often kind of wishing some green fragrances would have a bit more of a harsh green edge to them. Guess what? This is PERFECT for that.

Layered on top of Autumn Wishes, this is BEAUTIFUL. (I find Autumn Wishes a bit too sweet for me). Also layers well with Sweet Revenge.

Essentially, this is going to be my layering perfume when I want my green-ish perfumes to be even more green.

I can't express enough how amazing this smells layered over Autumn Wishes for me. I'm going to now experiment which scents I'd like to layer this with!

But is this not what you asked for?

I'm looking for a green-y/blue-y sharp lavender. I like lavender but don't usually like how it's softened up or sweetened in perfumes. I like the astringency of it.

I promise you, the lavender used is pricey essential oil. And I did not use a grass accord, I used watery bamboo and herbal greenery to represent the "blue" and "green" aspects that were requested.

I'm sorry if it did not come out exactly as you wished, but I'm glad it worked out for you as a layering note.

It is what I asked for Mara! No worries! I think my skin somehow amps up the green note too much, because when I actually mix and sniff the oil in the bottle, it's a nice green lavender (like REALLY lavender), but rolled onto my skin, the lavender doesn't really come out till it's dry. (Maybe it's the herbal greenery that I mistook for grass.) I put this on a bit ago actually and my skin is still just amping up greens and nothing but. Lol, I wish it would stop doing that because I want to smell the other notes. The lavender is so, so faint when wet.

I works really well layering over other scents that I find too soft/sweet. It does work on its own for me too, just need to give it a few minutes to settle into my skin. Freshly applied it's a bit too green/not enough lavender, but like mentioned above, it needs some dry down time then I start smelling the lavender.

JOC: Oh wow, I knew the warnings, but I was NOT prepared for the smell of cops! LOL. It's nice though, when dry.

Edited by maiea

You will enjoy Betrothal Potion since you like OCCO Green. The latter was slightly too green for my liking. Have your tried Eye Of The Storm? I believe that's still available. There were a couple of lovely green flora scents but I don't know too many of the new green scents.

I think I keep hearing Bethrothal Potion as a nice clean scent, I will have to check it out. I've never heard of Eye of the Storm, I assume it must be a sold out scent. I found I'm quite frond of Sweet Revenge, Nymph and Stealing Heaven.

(on a side note about my PE: I keep SNIFFING the bottle. Lol. I like how it smells in the bottle, properly mixed. It smells so biting, bright, cold and fresh.)

I think I keep hearing Bethrothal Potion as a nice clean scent, I will have to check it out. I've never heard of Eye of the Storm, I assume it must be a sold out scent. I found I'm quite frond of Sweet Revenge, Nymph and Stealing Heaven.

And Mara has the Betrothal soap now too. It's nice and fresh!

eta: Eye of the Storm is still in stock.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

• 3 weeks later...

Eye of the Storm is on the list for December! (along with Merlin's Blend - keep meaning to get it but keep forgetting)

Okay - now that my PE's had a month or so to "rest" It doesn't have that immediate sharp green that overpowers everything else. Still green and sharp but a little less edge.

I'm STILL loving this as a layering perfume though. I have some scents that I find WAY too sweet for me - and this totally takes that overpowerful sickeningly sweet scent off for me, and I get left with a slight sweetness that doesn't get too much for me.

I bet it will get better with age. Most perfumes do :)

Yes this, and also: make sure you shake it up before you apply, because you might be getting one note over another if there's some seperation in the bottle.