New Releases for NOVEMBER 2012

Luna, I have always wondered do you use models for the labels or stock photos, because I love your photos...

Mara creates the labels, I write the descriptions (mostly). Mara primarily uses stock photos/artwork which she then transforms with her mad Photoshop skillz into the labels we know and love.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, dear ones, but keep in mind that was circa 1988. I'VE AGED!!!

But very gracefully ...

I think I am going to have to get my wife to wear any of her old outfits from the 80s and in the middle of the night keep whispering in my ear that I am her bad boy and she wants me to stay with her because I satisfy her need for something sweet .... :lol:

Sooo off topic, so I thought I would answer the Qs here rather than where they are popping up all over the individual new releases... :lol:

Here's the outfit in color. It was just a red and black lace body suit with matching thigh-high stockings that were elastic so didn't need garters. Then I just shredded big t-shirts to wear on top and wore a big heavy leather belt. I had little black lingerie shorts on underneath, and knee high pirate style boots. My trick was that I never really "showed" anything....but gave the impression that I did. A freshly ravaged look. Look as though you just got out of bed and are willing to get right back into it...that was my style. A peek of lace here and there is all you need to get people's imaginations in gear.

226603_151988574868111_4965167_n.jpg

Here's an older pic. Me on the right....with a touch of red lace.

230291_151987588201543_1023198_n.jpg

Haha - no need to explain - we are all adults here - lol. I think yours was a strategy a lot of female perfomers use - make it look like you are showing what you are not. I think it was Cher (cannot remember at this point) who I saw being interviewed once who said something similar - she used a lot of skin-colored material as a liner so some of her "risque" outfits were really not as risque as some thought.

I finally went and listened to some of your songs last night. I am usually not a big metal fan but your songs were pretty darn good. I think the demographics of the genre was the problem.

A freshly ravaged look. Look as though you just got out of bed and are willing to get right back into it...that was my style. A peek of lace here and there is all you need to get people's imaginations in gear.

Absolutely! ... sooooo much better than the overexposure today :)

...Calii fans self

...and the inherent sexism of the recording industry.

I am sure. Most of the horror stories I have heard come from Hollywood and the film industry but I imagine the recording industry is just as bad.

There's a couple things in the "photographic evidence" thread on my journal.

LOL. I'm a sexy librarian in my mind, but I think I'd rather be more like a female version of Flynn Carsen where I get to have exotic adventures and rescue sacred relics from the clutches of conspiratorial villains and so forth. And then come home to my Limey hermit who says, "Oh you were gone? I rather wondered why no one was groping me in my sleep of late." :lol:

YOUR WALLET AND YOUR HEAD ARE NOT AS RELIABLE AS YOUR HEART!!

I agree! GO with the heart! GO with the heart!

WOW MARA! :surprised::thumbup: Supa Fly! :666: I always thought a little bit of naughty always makes things nice...and you do naughty very well :lol:

Beautiful ladies don't age, they just mature like a fine wine.

And the not so beautiful ones end up more like .... beer? Jagermeister?

And Da Mawa has that rare combination of beauty and exceptional brainpowers ...you can get by on beauty and charm for awhile,but after that you better know something :lol: ...oh and LunaChick does not consider herself a beauty...but she is :abfx:

I am a skunked beer :biker-babe:

Oh yeah? Well I am Mooshine......it gets more HARSH and more potent with age! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

There's a couple things in the "photographic evidence" thread on my journal.

...oh and LunaChick does not consider herself a beauty...but she is :abfx:

I had to go look. Luna, you are gorgeous! A natural beauty. I like your cheeky hide-y picture.

Aww thanks, that's nice of you to say. :)

Oh yeah? Well I am Mooshine......it gets more HARSH and more potent with age! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

How did I know you were going to make that analogy?! :lol:

i look better than i have in a while...does that make me wine? God knows i drink enough red haha

Maybe ... they say you are what you eat. In which case, I am cheap, fast and easy! :lol:

How did I know you were going to make that analogy?! :lol:

Because you know me too well ! I do have a bottle in my cabinet that is probably almost 25 years old now too.....that stuff is like paint thinner.....WHEW! But to show what kind of woman I *AM*, I took a shot of it with the men....almost killed me, but I did.....

@Dolly: Drink enough and you might be permanently preserved ...

PICKLED is a better term! That stuff is STOUT. My Grandpa said it was made from ax handles and broken glass.....he was right!

Edited by Dolly