Love Potion: Original

gallery photo

Irresistibly delicious full-bodied Vanilla, with subtle notes of Amber, Rose, Verbena, Greenery, Apricot, Patchouli and more.

Helps remove inhibitions, amplifies and stimulates feelings of love, lust, passion and desire. Stimulates sense memories of nurturing, comfort, love and home. Excites oral fixations... makes wearer smell, and feel, delicious!

VANILLA ~ Extraordinary aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing, familial sense memories, soothing, nurturing, comforting.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, immortality, riches.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love, romance, passion, femininity.
PATCHOULI ~ Sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, virility.
ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection and love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
VERBENA ~ Everlasting love, mood lifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex. 

I just had to make a topic for this scent. :P

I abosolutely adore it! It blends so well that the single notes seem like they were meant for each other, although I can definitely detect the vanilla helping everything to get along.

It's not a scent I would usually try, but I'm so glad I did because it has fast become a favorite of mine. I can't vouch for the effects on others (well, other than my mom walking behind me one day because I smelled good) but it makes me feel good and gave me the courage to talk to a certain cutie at work the other day. ;)

I need a big bottle. Or maybe two. Or three. XD (How big are they again?) :lol:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Thanks for the kind words, and good luck with your cutie! :P

Love Potion® comes in 1/4 fl.oz. bottles. Not the same style bottle as our others - it's a faceted gem-cut design. Each bottle should last 3 months or more, depending upon how much you use.

• 1 month later...

Love Potion

In vial: creamy sweet vanilla, almost pure vanilla, very foody and sugary.

On skin: now I smell the apricot coming out, like an apricot covered in sweet vanilla cream. Rose also makes an appearance-though it is subtle, as well as that lovely glowing undertone of amber, and a hint of patchouli as well, I don't smell much of the verbena or greenery, just the sweet, creamy, golden notes of amber, apricot, and lots of vanilla. Usually vanillas like this turn plastic or cloying on me but not in here. This is very attractive, it smells edible, delicious, I want to bite my wrist off. It reminds me of ice cream, cake and custard, apricots soaked in vanilla syrup, dessert like and ambrosial. I'll have to see what happens in terms of it's magical properties but I can see why this could be a love potion-it smells so lickable! And it has a surprising amount of waft as well, teasing me with it's 'come and devour me' scent. After a while it smells more sugary, like candy floss and fairground donuts. I love this stage…and I seriously crave 'funnel cake' donuts. This is a gorgeous scent all round-a perfect vanilla with hints of fruit and sugar. Irresistible!

• 4 months later...

This smelled extremely buttery in the vial, almost a touch of movie popcorn. Once I put it on it smelled ( and continues to smell) exactly like pancakes. It smells very much like maple syrup. I like it, and am excited about trying the other versions! ( And I was super duper excited that the patchouli didn't show up!!!) It has excellent throw ( not overpowering, but more than I'm used to) and my brother keeps asking me what smells good.

I can't believe I didn't review this, since this was my very first Love Potion!

I honestly can't add much to what all of the above reviewers said except that I adore it. It's buttery, sweet, and incredibly long lasting. One thing I have consistently noticed is that when I wear it, people (men and women both) are especially nice to me. It seems to have the effect of making others feel happy, and that's always good!

I can't believe I didn't review this, since this was my very first Love Potion!

I honestly can't add much to what all of the above reviewers said except that I adore it. It's buttery, sweet, and incredibly long lasting. One thing I have consistently noticed is that when I wear it, people (men and women both) are especially nice to me. It seems to have the effect of making others feel happy, and that's always good!

People are extremely nice aren't they?

I lived in a town that had a population of people that were mean to everybody-and I mean EVERYBODY.

Wearing Love Potion® in the store one day, and the meanest old woman in town held the door for me, and started chatting!

So it just exudes love!

• 2 months later...

This is my hands-down favorite LP blend (ok, tied with Sugared Peaches, but this has a slight edge over SP hehe). It's sweet and perfect... how do you describe perfection?

This WILL be my first bottle purchase. I still have a sample from my first order, and I only use it on rare occasions (and only at home!) When I get a bottle I'll be sure to experiment.

I just had to make a topic for this scent. :(

I abosolutely adore it! It blends so well that the single notes seem like they were meant for each other, although I can definitely detect the vanilla helping everything to get along.

It's not a scent I would usually try, but I'm so glad I did because it has fast become a favorite of mine. I can't vouch for the effects on others (well, other than my mom walking behind me one day because I smelled good) but it makes me feel good and gave me the courage to talk to a certain cutie at work the other day. :angry:

I need a big bottle. Or maybe two. Or three. XD (How big are they again?) :)

Long-term fave! Hands down, no question. The others are fun and very beautiful. But, I don't think anything beats Original.

The very first time I tried it I got maple syrup. On subsequent trials I can smell everything else, and it's very nice. I'm not sure why it smells so different, but perhaps I've gotten used to the way Mara and Danna blend, or it's just that it settled and aged nicely. I would try it!

The very first time I tried it I got maple syrup. On subsequent trials I can smell everything else, and it's very nice. I'm not sure why it smells so different, but perhaps I've gotten used to the way Mara and Danna blend, or it's just that it settled and aged nicely. I would try it!

You know, I've never tried this... and I've only tried Red and Black in solid.

I think I may need to rectify that :)

May

I've been wearing this more, and while I still like Black a little bit more, I LOVE how much throw this has. I do get compliments on it, and it just sort of wafts beautifully over everything.

I'm really going to have to try this one......I think I'll pick up a sample with my next order.....

• 2 weeks later...
I just had to make a topic for this scent. :(

It's not a scent I would usually try, but I'm so glad I did because it has fast become a favorite of mine. I can't vouch for the effects on others (well, other than my mom walking behind me one day because I smelled good) but it makes me feel good and gave me the courage to talk to a certain cutie at work the other day. ;)

I need a big bottle. Or maybe two. Or three. XD (How big are they again?) ;)

I wish they were QUARTS! Me thinking about adding the pheros to the Original! SO lushly vanilla sex-in-a-bottle!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm really going to have to try this one......I think I'll pick up a sample with my next order.....

Mara was kind enough to include a sample of this in my last package, and I am sooooo happy she did. Smooth, creamy, and rich.....just like all of the LP's that I have tried. I can tell that this is the base for the branch-offs of all of the others.

Another note......on me, it lasts.....all day.....

• 2 months later...

My first order from Magickal Perfumerie was a wee bottle of the original back in 2004. I still have just about half left (due to having about million other scents :) but this is one of my many favourites for sure. It's absolutely gorgeously delicious!! Honey, sugar and vanilla are what I mainly get. So smooth and sweet and just a little dry from maybe a very soft, sweet incense, a hint of cinnamon and a floral, maybe jasmine? It becomes the smell of soft, warm, sweet honeyed skin. A little like powdered honey.

• 1 month later...

So funny, came back from grocery shopping today and during the scanning/checking out process the guy was packing so super slow everything like one item a bag and I had a decent amount of items and then a teenage boy packer came over and was also putting like two things tops in the bag...here's a busy store and I've got two men working ever so slowly and friendly to boot. I had to laugh. That has never happened, having two people helping heheheh. Go go Cougar'd Original

• 3 months later...

I was so anticipated for this one.

But it didn't like me, it smelled like how winter solstice smelled on me. Fruity at first and went rancid. Since their both made with the same base, I think one of those ingredients are turned into something rancid because of my skin *sigh*. I'll definately try the bra technique though!

I was so anticipated for this one.

But it didn't like me, it smelled like how winter solstice smelled on me. Fruity at first and went rancid. Since their both made with the same base, I think one of those ingredients are turned into something rancid because of my skin *sigh*. I'll definately try the bra technique though!

What a sad story...I think I actually teared up a little. I wore this scent today and I was loving myself. I was a walking love affair with only me present. I shall mourn your loss. :Hug_emoticon:

I wore this scent today and I was loving myself. I was a walking love affair with only me present.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA.....girl, you crack me up!!

Emse, try a scent locket.....I find it indispensible for those times when I adore a scent but my skin doesn't....

I know! It smelled much better when I used it on the bra, but dolly, I'll definately have to get a locket soon so I don't miss out on the other goodies! :Hug_emoticon:

Update:

So I decided to take it to my shower room, and I was taking a hot bath, and when I poured some of the oil in my bath...woah, the whole bathroom was infused with this scent, it was crazy lol, and it smelled soooooo much nicer! - So this is what rich vanilla and amber goodness is supposed to smell like hmm? I really liked it so much, I decided to replace my oil diffuser in my bathroom with this one, and wow I got compliments galore from my family (we live in the same house btw)...they were like, "Wow, what smells so good in here?" (lol!!!)

I've got mixed feelings about this one since it's sooooo wonderful in the air but my body chemistry doesn't go along with it! *sigh*

Edited by esmeralda

Hi Dolly, where is a good place to get a scent locket?

I got mine on ebay.....

Search for "perfume locket", "scent locket", "filigree locket", or "vinaigrette".....

You can usually get them for pretty cheap.....

• 2 months later...

I cannot believe I didn't review this one. It's one of my favorites, of course, I have a list of LPMP favorites that is growing by the month, but this one really and truly is one I adore.

I go by what a scent smells like when it's dry and this one is a rich vanilla with apricots and a touch of amber that reminds me of sugared amber which I love because otherwise amber goes soapy on me. And there's the hint of greens but the vanilla with apricots is mostly what I get and it is a very sensual aroma on me that never goes foody like how Super for women always reminds me of vanilla cake. This one stays in the realm of rich and sweet vanilla. I think the amber and greens work a little magic that keep it in perfect balance.

• 2 months later...

Wowza! Sorta feel kinda envious of all you chicas....

Didn't work for me...did not get any vanilla even and vanilla is one of my favs...

Kinda sad and distressed but hey that means I have the opportunity to try everything else...hehe.

• 3 months later...

I absolutely ADORE the Original Love Potion, I just wish that we had the option to buy them in the bigger 1/3oz bottles. I use mine A LOT (and thats an understatement :) I would love that optopm, you can use the art you used for the AMAZING Sample I have or the Phero Enhanced (B.I.) and just ness with the type a boy, voila! Larger bottles for those that want them.

I was curious if there is any reason onther than the faceted bottles why they are smaller?

Thanks for hearing my tired ramblings, you have been most kind, though Im sure you would get a queen of perfumeland crown, Marra, if you were to somehow start offering a second size choice. I'll hand-make it and it will be sparkleliscious and lovely with hearts. Lets make a deal!

and djac? If you are reading this, I have your ss4w for you, i just need to swap info with you so I have your address< I will have to do it after I crash here, I'm starting to have dreams and talk to imaginary people (oh,th embarrasing joys of ambien)Please don't think I'm ignoring you, I will find a bottle and transfer it in. Any tips on that, with the shaking of the phero blend and all?

Thanks for listening to me guys i love you!

+ ivy +

I was curious if there is any reason onther than the faceted bottles why they are smaller?

No, that really is the only reason. Some of my customers really love to have it in the prettier bottles. I have no problem putting it into the less expensive roll-on bottle for the same price, (difference in price of presentation makes up for difference in volume), but I need to get around to designing a new label that will accommodate the 1/3 fl.oz. size, then.

Can this scent be appropriate for wearing in summer ?

all of these scents are subject to mood.

my summer and someone elses summer is different, i assure.

it has downpoured here every day,

and we are getting record rain.

87 degrees almost every day, and thats only because the sun isnt out :)

i wear my LPw/BI in the evening or when i am in airconditioning.

other than that, most the LPs are mood-dependant.

Can this scent be appropriate for wearing in summer ?

I think it depends on what a 'summer scent' implies to you, specifically. Some only like herbal/fresh type fragrances in the summer and find gourmand (foody) type scents *too much* in the heat. Or, some like to stick to aquatics... This one does tend to be a bit vanilla/foody/fruity (on my skin at least) so, if that realm of fragrance works for you in *general* as well as in the heat/humidity, go for it!

I also have found I'm able to wear what I thought were "heavier" (spicy floral scents like Southern Gothic) LP scents in the summer due to the fact that these are oil-based scents, and linger closer to the skin than alcohol based ones. Try a sampler bottle and see what you think! Can always find someone willing to swap here... HTH some!

• 2 months later...

I love this stuff. I had bought the phero boosted limited Edition, and this smells alot different.

At first it smells like buttery vanilla pudding! So creamy and good! One of the loveliest vanillas out there, I swears! I dont get any greenery here, but I do get a bit of patch and amber and a twang of apricots as well after about 20 minuites.

Still-that creamy Vanilla PUDDING! DEAR LORD! LOVE!

I adore it, I like to boost this with BI, the way the LE was made (though they smell very different to me-I got alot less vanilla and alot more patch and greenery in the LE), its a scrumptious mix. Your significant other will want to eat ya alive.

• 3 months later...

I get a lot of Vanilla & Amber with this one (I swear my skin amps Amber. Good thing I like it!) with a trace of Apricot & thank goddess, NO Patchouli! Patchouli more often than not turns on me like a bad Pitbull & I can't wait to wash it off. I've had this on for 2 1/2 hrs now & it's behaving itself very nicely.

Edited by paganlady