Love Potion: Original

I can't believe why and how can my LP O samples keep breaking on me. The sample label held my first vial together for months with minimal leak till i decided to take a closer look at the vial and it fell apart. My second sample was on my bedroom floor, snapped at the neck. It probably dropped out of my pocket during the night. Ass luck, perhaps?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe why and how can my LP O samples keep breaking on me. The sample label held my first vial together for months with minimal leak till i decided to take a closer look at the vial and it fell apart. My second sample was on my bedroom floor, snapped at the neck. It probably dropped out of my pocket during the night. Ass luck, perhaps?

Ack, hope you can replace that quickly - that sucks!

LP O rocks, wore it (again) the other day. I had to go to a dr's appt and everyone was over the top nice to me. Then, I went grocery shopping and again - it was like 'friendlyville'. I mean it's not like people are mean at the grocery store, but I mean everyone I spoke with (shoppers and personnel) were warm, friendly. Usually shopping is just well, shopping and kinda boring. I'm liking the vibe of this one the more I wear it. It gives me a kick of self confidence and OMG, smells amazing.

I wish I had tried it sooner, (which I've said before) - but so glad I have this - if only 2 samples, now. Love it as all purpose go-to scent.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been guarding my fb of LPO for at least 3 years now and I caved in yesterday. Opened my vault and cracked open it.

Gosh! It seems so different from the samples which I have had in the past. I guess they may not be as aged as the bottle but it was different to my nose both when wet and after dry down. It seemed to be rounder, sweeter and fruitier but has less throw. With the samples, all I need is a light dab from the wand and it's sufficient to scent me and my bedroom or car while with the fb, I did the lollipop application to achieve the same 'throw'.

I read that LPO smells better as it ages. I think I will be reaching out to this more often and I'll soon run out of aged LPO and I'll be quite sad, really.

I bought one during the recent sale and I hope it will be sufficiently aged before I finish the current one. I think LP Red is better when aged too and I have a few on standby a couple of years ago. I wonder what about LP Pink as I have backups from the same period.

It's kind of ridiculous that I hoarded the permanent ones. Lol!

• 3 weeks later...

What can I say about this perfume that hasn't already been said? When wet, I get juicy apricots and some rose. Well, in no time I am weak at the knees when the smooth, rich, boozy vanilla comes out to play. The patchouli adds to the richness and gives depth without being dirty or earthy. Please excuse me while I get lost in this delicious, sensual scent.

Oh i love this one! I've had it both in oil and spray. It's such a cozy and familiar scent. I liked it more in spray cause i feel i could smell it more that way. I used to spray it in my hair and the scent had such great throw. Seriously though i could bath in the oil!

IndieAna you need try Red too for sure. That's a great one also. It's actually my first love from LPMP, although I don't get to wear it as much as i'd like, that's why I'm trading a bottle. (HINT: try pairing LP Red with OCCO Red, amazing! You'll find lots of reviews about this combo on the forum)

I've tried pink and liked it too. Black wasn't for me.

I got a sample of LP O in my newbie sampler pack. And it was a love at the first sniff (along with LP Pink, but I think I love LP O more). I ordered a FB right away. I don't get that much apricot as others (I would never figure it out on my own if I didn't know it is in there), it is mostly sweet sugary vanilla on me (and I thought I don't like vanilla). It is very well blended scent, it is just so round and cozy. Also I got a compliment from a bar tender who told me I smell like christmas :)

ephoebe, I am looking forward to trying the red and black versions. I love me some spicy and dark perfumes. Thank you for the Occo Red and LP Red suggestion as I'm planning on buying some Occo variations in my next order. Bring on November! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Love Potion is really hard for me to describe. Apart from vanilla, I can't discern any of the notes in isolation, and even the vanilla blends in so well it doesn't come across my nose as "this is a vanilla-based scent". At first sniff, I was very surprised at its almost candy-like quality. I love sweet scents, but sometimes they can cross over into sickly sweet, and I was concerned this one might fall into that category.

To my delight, I was wrong. The sweetness remains, but it just blooms into straight up deliciousness on my skin. It has nice throw, yet isn't intrusive at all. I just smell amazing. I can, and sometimes do, slather it on with abandon. The only other scent I slather as much is Sugared Grapefruit (as a diehard resin-wearer for 20+ years, I still can't believe grapefruit, of all things, would end up one of my favorite notes ever--thank you Cougar Potion for the introduction ;) ).

Anyway, I have sampled a number of Love Potion variants and enjoyed many of them. But none holds me under its spell quite like the original. It is beauty, contentment and, yes, love, in one bottle, perfectly blended and balanced. Easily in my Top 5.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm down to the last millilitre or 2 on my full-size bottle, that's about 2 yrs. old. Today LP O is doing something on my skin that hasn't happened before. My skin is amping the apricot & it smells amazing!

• 5 months later...

After a looonng forum absence (but still a huge LP devotee and constant user) I was trying to figure out where to jump back in on the reviews. I know I’ve written on LPO before but here I am nearly 6 years later STILL never without a bottle of it on my vanity.  I have my latest spray boosted with LFM and I ALWAYS get noticed and told how great my perfume is. LPO holds lots of scent memories for me so it will always be my “safe place” - both comforting and empowering.  If you are new at all to LPMP, you need to experience the one that started it all♥️

@LoveStruck  I’m so happy to see you’re posting  again 😊 your reviews were ones I learned a lot from when I first came to the forum. 

LPO does have great staying power on me, and the apricot isn’t too prominent either. My difficulty is the patchouli. Like so many of the LP varieties. It tends to take over. 

I do keep a bottle though. Just don’t wear it all that often. 

@Evethank you for saying that - means a lot more than you probably realize.  If it makes you feel any better, I AMP patch big time. And when I started wearing LPO I’d second guess myself, but it always mellowed on me into something I just adore - like a familiar scent memory that I can’t quite remember.  It’s not my “go to” scent every day, but it is a forever love  (you really can’t be a signature scent gal AND a LPMP lover simultaneously because Mara creates too much to love)

• 1 year later...

I got a sniffie in one of my recent packages (I don't actually have a bottle of LP:O) and once again I can appreciate how fabulous this is, that creamy vanilla and thick apricot just twine together and meld with the other notes so amazingly!  I think what I really appreciate about the base in the original is how it makes everything stick; it's fairly linear and yet so gorgeous.

This was my first purchase and every time I wear this one, people are always really nice to me. It never fails. Someone once told me I smelled like their mom. Lol

This one and LP Pink get me the most attention.

I forgot to add that this layers well with sugared apricots and sugared roses!

Edited by Vika

I can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this one yet! I’ve been wearing this a lot during Covid, because it’s so comforting. Once I put this on, I feel like I am wrapped in this velvety shawl of vanilla and amber, with lighter accents (like sheeted layers, if we’re still going with this analogy, haha) of the apricot and rose.  It’s just so well blended. It’s a real chameleon too- not so much that the scent changes but the feeling you get from the scent does. In the winter it feels so warm and cozy.  In the summer it can feel like a layer of effortless elegance. It’s so well blended but so multifaceted, that I can’t imagine a situation where you couldn’t wear this! 

It has rose and patchouli in it, two notes that I don’t love, but they’re just accents in the warm swirl of vanilla and amber. (To my nose anyway, which suits me just fine!) 

Another thing I’ve noticed: it’s at its best when slathered.  I used to be wary of the rose and patch and would apply little swipes on my wrists, and although it was pleasant, I didn’t completely fall in love with this until I started slathering.  It really blooms into a wonderful magical cloud. 

• 2 months later...

I wore this in spray today and the spray smells a little creamier than the oil.

I love both versions.

You can't really over do it with this scent in either choice as opposed to people you can smell like 100 feet away with commercial perfume. 

• 10 months later...

I’ve been wearing this again spray with oil to be more in love with myself mainly. 
It puts me in a really good mood, people want to talk to me more too.

I’m using up the last of my oil from 3 years ago layered with Une or noco vanilla honey underneath. I didn’t realize how this could be layered with so many things. 

Edited by Vika