Mara's Rocket Fuel

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I desperately wanted to try V2 with BI and having had the chance to get my paws on it, I have found that there is a place and time to lay on that stuff. The scent and the phero create a perfect storm for unbridled good times. But, V3 is a wonderful version for normal everyday wear. I love it for work and although it's got SUPER SEXY, I have truly found that it's a great social with women as well. I've had some great times with friends and female co-workers where everyone was relaxed and laughing. The scent is definitely lighter and brighter but it's just so lovely. I agree wholeheartedly that it is very versatile and always suggest it highly. :D

SS4W on its own has never been overtly sexual on me without a cops boost but it's always performed as a fabulous social for me too ^_^ I'd have to agree that it's been great at work for me too :)

• 3 weeks later...

I put this on yesterday to see how it wore during the day. Did some errand running and people were very nice. It is the Holiday Season so I am not chalking that up to the SS4W yet. I love the fragrance. It was more Maple when first applied then went light Vanilla with a hint of maple after about an hour. The cinnamon came through as just a suggestion rather than its own note which was fine with me. Any stronger and the vanilla-maple would have been overpowered. Another great well rounded scent and as others mentioned, I slept so well with this on. Actually this one and X-appeal have given me the two best nights of sleep I have had in quite a while. LOL

I am still not into the real phero testing stage yet. With all of the new scents to test, I just want to see how they react with my skin and morph at this point.

So the latest (permanent) version of this is the one with SS4W right?

The only Rocket Fuel I have tried was the one with BI, and I think everyone is saying that is the heavier version? I am going to try the current version again when the shop opens. Again, this was one I tried when I first got to LP and my nose was undeveloped and just too judgemental. I am wearing things now I never would have put up with back then. I am going to retry some of these that I poo pooed.

Yes, the permanent one is the one with SS4W. I have a trial vial of the 2nd version, with BI, and while I really like it, it is just a bit too much for me. The newest version is one I can wear easily.

Sometimes we have to go back and try things - I traded away Cuddle Bunny '09 and LP Black at first, and they are two of my faves now!

The only one available when I ordered had SS4W. I haven't smelled the BI version but from descriptions it does sound like it was a heavier mix. I used some of my oil to make a spray and it is nice and light. It is another winner in my box of goodies.

Like Molls said, the current version with SS4W is lighter and definitely a day friendly scent. MRF w/ BI definitely has a darker, more sexual tone to it. When I've worn it, it went over WELL... and not at work. ;)

Good! Thanks! I am hoping the lighter version will work.

I am also going to retry Original LAM now that I am liking honey and LP Black. I liked LP Black but I only ever wore it to bed mixed with Snowbound. I want to see how it is for me now on its own.

I am clearly plotting my next order of oldies because there are no NR's...now January will probably come and all this will get shelved because of whatever new surprises are revealed.

This is one I would like to try out as well, so that I can test SS4W...unfortunately I don't like the smell of Sneaky Clean (I know, I know, I must be the only person who doesn't LOVE that one, but soapy scents just don't do it for me). I'm sort of afraid that it will be another one that I'll need a fb of!!!

NuTrix, you are 100% free to post your layering "escapades" in your journal. But really, when it is in a thread of a VERY popular blend, newbies read it and think that this is a smart thing to do. Point blank.......IT IS NOT. It is not smart, and the blends here are each designed to work in a certain manner.

Dolly makes excellent points as always; but I would like to make it clear that - as a policy - no one is censored to the extent that they shouldn't post their experiences even in the review threads. However, it is always a good idea for everyone to give serious consideration to their phero usage, I know this is a practice most of us engage in.

And everyone should also remember that Your Mileage May Vary, as they say. The more experienced a user is the more anecdotal evidence they have to impart, but results usually depend upon the person, the circumstances, the setting, the usage, and so on. This is what less-experienced users need to keep in mind.

This is one I would like to try out as well, so that I can test SS4W...unfortunately I don't like the smell of Sneaky Clean (I know, I know, I must be the only person who doesn't LOVE that one, but soapy scents just don't do it for me). I'm sort of afraid that it will be another one that I'll need a fb of!!!

You're not the only one who doesn't love Sneaky Clean! ;)

Soapy scents don't work very well for me, either.... I can wear Sneaky (it came in the starter trial kit I bought a while ago) in tiny amounts, especially if I layer it with something dirty and sticky and sweet.

Mara's Rocket Fuel is sort of the polar opposite of the Sneaky Clean scent to my nose!

Very sweet and sultry and intense and warm sugar and dirty and yum. :)

unfortunately I don't like the smell of Sneaky Clean (I know, I know, I must be the only person who doesn't LOVE that one, but soapy scents just don't do it for me). I'm sort of afraid that it will be another one that I'll need a fb of!!!

You are not alone :D Sneaky is very pretty but very NOT me either....and you WILL need a fb of THIS one! :lol: You have been warned ^_~

You are not alone :D Sneaky is very pretty but very NOT me either....and you WILL need a fb of THIS one! :lol: You have been warned ^_~

Lol, thanks NuTrix! One of my goals for 2014 is to spend less, and I'm going to try to go for only one fb a month, and I already have January and February planned...

The good thing is MRF is permanent so if you have others that squidge it out at least it will still be here in another year or 2 when you finally have all of the other ones you'll find you need! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Ha, I got the 'incense' comment on this one today!

Not as in that I myself would smell like incense, but the guy (who came to clean the apartment's ventilation system) thought I'd been burning it in my house.

It was a nice hit though; he seemed very keen to stay and chat, the more so the longer he was here.... Talked about how it was nice to relax with some 'incense' (aka Rocket Fuel as smelled on my skin) and music which I happened to have playing when he came in.

It's nice to see how LP fragrances equate to comfort and relaxation for some people...even when I've gotten the, "What smells like one of those fancy candles?" comments, lol, it's always in reference to the delicious and/or exotic type of candle or home aromatherapy. People's eyes light up when they're working out the association :)

Yeah, I've noticed often when I'm wearing something that is not a conventional perfume type scent that people seem to like it, but always equate it with others things, which can feel slightly irritating or offensive sometimes, til you realise they do mean it in a good way.

I keep meaning to buy this one, as I know I'll love it, and SS4W is my absolute favourite phero. But I wear it a lot to work and don't know how I'd feel if people started telling me I smelled like incense.

Hehe...It used to bug me - the incense/candle comment - because the phrase always made me think of that awful potpourri my mom used. But NONE of the LP fragrances smell anything like that :lol: And, if given the opportunity to elaborate, people have responded positively in their meaning of the interpretation. Now when someone asks that question, I pipe up - "Me, I think! Here have a smell..." and offer my wrist. No one has crinkled their nose...yet. It's usually followed by "Mmmm" or "WOW, that smells really good!" :)

• 2 months later...

Okay, so I've tested this one out...somewhat. I've only tried it on at home to see if I like the scent, and absolutely yes - I LOVE it! I actually think I will wear it to work tomorrow and give it a real test, especially of the phero since I've yet to really try out SS4W. So I'll report on the scent, and then after tomorrow maybe I can give a better idea of how the phero worked for me.

This is so delicious, I don't even know where to begin. It's a very rich, dense smell. I just keep wanting to use the word dense, and also dark, although I don't think dark is the right word exactly. This perfume has a serious weight to it, I guess that's what I mean by dense. This quality reminds me of Glitter Kissed in a way - it's so dense and heavy. I love it, but it's not something I could wear every day. So far it's definitely gone more foody on me, I'm not getting the incense smell that a few others have reported. I love it, I can't wait to try this out for a full day tomorrow!

Opulent!

adjective: opulent 1. ostentatiously rich and luxurious or lavish.
Dense - I agree! Thick, gooey, rich, syrupy, sticky....It stays foodie on me too.
It behaves well on it's own at work, for me at least, it's always been a great social...once I found my sweet spot. People go nuts over this scent though and may follow you around just for that :lol:

Well, after an all-day test I'll have to say...I think I'll wear it again tomorrow!

I should probably say, too, that the trial vial I have is Rocket Fuel III.

I got great results from the guy with this one - as seems to be the norm with Est blends, he was happy, playful, teasing...and that's been lacking a bit lately. I would have sworn by the hits I got that this had cops, but when I went back to look - nope, no cops in SS4W! I wasn't around many other guys today though, so it's hard to say it's a fair test. I think with guys in general, so far I've gotten the most phero hits with gotcha. I'd like to give this one some more testing.

Opulent is a good word for it NuTrix! After wearing all day, I do see where some people get an incense quality from it. It stayed mostly foody on me though. Not really cinnamon, but just a nice thick spicy. I do have to say that it seemed to fade out quite a bit, but that may have more to do with my skin not being moisturized than the perfume itself. Like I said above, I'll be wearing Rocket Fuel again tomorrow, and see how things turn out!

:cat690: I did the same thing! When I found out it didn't have cops I was all like, "I'm putting this on my clothes...in my hair...I'm gonna spray my purse and scarf...", nearly mental...nearly....Could roll in this like catnip....when I wear this, if I were someone else...I would want to gobble me up! The scent is at LEAST half the magic! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Rocket fuel looked like just my thing when I read it, then the first time I tried the trial vial it didn't agree with me. Fortunately, I tried it again, because it is heaven. Just the right amount of maple and vanilla without smelling like a waffle and SS4W is a great social for me.

Just got another bottle of this. I love the scent and so do others. The SS4W doesn't hurt either. Great social and as Nutrix mentioned before....adding a bit of Compromising Positions gives it the one two punch. I am so glad this one is permanent since I go back to it often.

^^^ Ditto on the permanent!

I know the fragrance is part of the permanent collection, but the phero in it has changed. At some point it had BI instead of SS4W and since this is Version 3 not sure how v1 began?

I got a back up of this one because I like it so much with the SS4W and I already have a hoarded and adored scent for BI :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

:cat690: I did the same thing! When I found out it didn't have cops I was all like, "I'm putting this on my clothes...in my hair...I'm gonna spray my purse and scarf...", nearly mental...nearly....Could roll in this like catnip....when I wear this, if I were someone else...I would want to gobble me up! The scent is at LEAST half the magic! :lol:

My main squeeze said he wanted to eat me up with this on. It's out of character to the extent that he apologised once he said it.

Rocket fuel looked like just my thing when I read it, then the first time I tried the trial vial it didn't agree with me. Fortunately, I tried it again, because it is heaven. Just the right amount of maple and vanilla without smelling like a waffle and SS4W is a great social for me.

(Mara's) Rocket Fuel is scrummy and that's being said by someone who is a bit iffy on foody scents. As you say, it's got foody elements but doesn't come across to me as an out-there gourmand scent, just delicious and alluring. This is gorgeous, huff-able, and plays very nicely with Phero Girl. I might also have found a way to make SS4W work for me (yay). Only time will tell on that one.

I know the fragrance is part of the permanent collection, but the phero in it has changed. At some point it had BI instead of SS4W and since this is Version 3 not sure how v1 began?

The original version had SS4W so it went back to that configuration.

The original version had SS4W so it went back to that configuration.

Thank you Luna! Hmm. I will continue to hope it stays super sexy (which - with a scent like that how could it not?). It's just...perfect ^_^

This is one ( as is Compromising Positions) that I get a bit panicky when I still have a half bottle left.......can not be without it! I love the scent and so do others. Well the SS4W doesn't hurt in spreading the love of the scent either.

My order arrived this week (yay!) and I took The Rocket Fuel out for a spin! What a delectable scent! Very huffable. People came into my office saying, oh, what smells so good, what is that? I got a bit panicky cause they were all serious, sniffing around like dogs and I thought, maybe it's too much and putting people off: but no. Comments were " really good"', "this is lovely" etc. One guy came close and said, oh, it's you, what a fantastic perfume! And let's not forget the phero effects: attention from the male colleagues was through the roof! I have been having lots of fun playing with the Cougar, but the Rocket Fuel's hits were more intense, definitely more sexual in nature. One colleague kept touching me in little ways. And hubby who can be a real grouch when he's overworked like right now, was as sweet as a purring kitten. Total winner!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't discovered this baby sooner. It rocks! The smell is heaven, and I can't believe the hits I get, they're just flying in. To one of my colleagues it's like man-nip, he was in my office way more than he had to, chatting away. And he's usually curt and collected. He was very sweet, and I could tell he really didn't want to leave. Another just threw compliments at me all day, then sat with me and we swapped adventure stories from African holidays and had a blast. At 6 p.m. I stood waiting for the elevator when a bunch of guys were leaving, too. Coming towards me, one of them said, look, we get to ride down with our resident babe! So, great, great little bottle of magic. I am tempted to wear it once again today, but then there's LFN waiting to go for an outing. Maybe tomorrow. I can't wait to see how reactions will differ. But today will be one more sugary, maplely Rocket day.

MRF was one of the first FB I tried and I am so glad I did. I find SS4W to be a great blend and then can be steered by addition of OCCO, LAM or BAM. I really thought that it wouldn't be as good to wear in the warmer weather due to the sweetness of the scent but it wears great and yes men seem very attracted to the scent. In warmer weather I just wear a little less.

You two ladies have done a wonderful job reviewing this blend :abfx: can't wait to get a bottle of MRF! For some reason, in reading the description, it reminds me of FP http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/RocketFuel3/

Edited by ComingUpRoses