Mara's Rocket Fuel

Never had the opportunity to try the original either and I see what you mean by "brighter",compared o the 2,a good way to describe it...while it does dry down to the amazing MRF we love,it is not as strong...on me,at least...hmmmm,maybe the BI in the last version required it to be heavier ? ...Will see how this ages,but I am really really happy I got a bottle with SS4W in it,I can wear this soooo many more places!

The self-effects are upbeat for me!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm,maybe the BI in the last version required it to be heavier ?

Good point Calii! I'm planning on wearing this maybe tomorrow to see how it lasts while I go about my daily activities. But Far, Far Away might win because I'm eagar to try out the new pheros!

Here's how I perceive the difference in scent in the three versions:

V1: has a distinct "pink" note in addition to the brown sugar/cinnamon/honey mix, the original description notes the use of pink sugar (although M told me it was a brown sugar accord with a fruity aspect).

V2: no pink note, so more emphasis on the heart of the scent, a touch more intense, perhaps due to the addition of maple.

V3: less honeycomb and therefore somewhat less dirty/skanky. Reminds me a lot of the Spicy Brown Sugar scent for the LAM!/BAM! line. I would consider this more versatlle in wear in regards to occasion/mood.

My reaction is very similar. To exaggerate: V1 is pink butterscotch caramel. V2 is very brown sugar/maple dominant (I have only experienced the unphero, FYI, which may make a diff). V3 has a MUCH lighter color feeling, like a marshmallow that's tan and brown sugar flavored rather than brown sugar itself.

Here's how I perceive the difference in scent in the three versions:

V1: has a distinct "pink" note in addition to the brown sugar/cinnamon/honey mix, the original description notes the use of pink sugar (although M told me it was a brown sugar accord with a fruity aspect).

V2: no pink note, so more emphasis on the heart of the scent, a touch more intense, perhaps due to the addition of maple.

V3: less honeycomb and therefore somewhat less dirty/skanky. Reminds me a lot of the Spicy Brown Sugar scent for the LAM!/BAM! line. I would consider this more versatlle in wear in regards to occasion/mood.

I have an old tester of MRF 2 (though I LOVED it, something went tobacco on me) and I did order a trial of the latest. It DOES smell different in the vial. can't wait to try it. I still smell the tobbacco-ish note (I know there isn't actuyally tobbacco in it) but not as strong. Is it the phero choice that alters the scent? Or each brew is dif?

Hot damn! a Rocketfuel that i can actually wear! The brown sugar/maple doesn't go crazy amping off into the sunset for me. I can actually smell the honeycomb! The buttery vanilla is amazing. I am so stoked that I can wear this. Major win!

Ok I had to try this out. V3 is very close to V1 to my nose (I've never tried V2). Maybe a little brighter?

Either way I love it. Definitely a keeper.

ETA: One of the techs just wandered into my office from the cubicle farm and said "What smells like cinnamon pastry?" More than any other perfume I find Rocket Fuel smells different to everyone.

Edited by skye

I'm wearing v3 and it is light, bright, sweet tobacco marshmallow with an edge of burnt bown sugar. No part of this is a complaint.

Did anyone already ask/answer and I missed it -- does this version 3, like v1, have the insane 2x ss4w like v1? Or normal 1x?

I'm wearing this today, and I LOVE it! Definitely not as strong brown sugar/maple as V2. Which is fine with me, V2 was sometimes too "heavy" for me. This dries down very nice, lighter, and like Luna said, similar to the LAM Spicy Brown Sugar scent. I was so hoping when MRF was re-brewed, it would have SS4W :) I'm a happy girl...

This potion loves me!

On me the vanilla appears briefly at the beginning, but the main characters here are the honeycomb and the brown sugar...These accords work together so well that they give an overall scent of pancakes drizzled with maple syrup...and a pinch of dry cinnamon on top...The cinnamon is not spicy at all, it goes kind of dry, and once it appears it stays there all the time...

MRF 3 has excellent projection/sillage, it really does leave a gourmand trail when you walk by...The longevity is ok, may need to reapply.

This stays on me for dayzzz. I like it but still get the tobacco smell, so I think I'll pass on a bottle. Which is a bummer because *I* like the smell. I just get sick of everyone else's comments on it.

I will say that this version is even better (scentwise)

I LOOOVE this but agree that it does not have quite the same staying power as some other blends here. I find myself just huffing the bottle on days when I'm wearing something else.

Bought another bottle of this and more of the nommy body butter in this same scent.

• 2 weeks later...

I have V2 with BI which I LOVE to use with the boy! I put this version on at night when we are together, works in an instant........ and then way into the late morning I awake with his nose stuck like glue to my neck, crazed, ready to go again. I can't believe how long the scent AND the pheros stay on in this one.

Now for the V3, this is personally my favorite of the two. This is lighter, not as syrupy as V2. Something about it is brighter, not as sticky or heavy. It doesn't last way into the morning BUT that is okay b/c I'm lovin' this almost pinkish scent I'm picking up. For the phero's I find that my guy doesn't respond much to SS4W, must not have found the sweet spot yet for hits but for me, wow, this is awesome for self effects. I feel charged, free, a lil' naughty, a lil' extra confidence, I act silly and I have fun with this blend. This is like my Friday night, get crazy potion. They are both keepers!!! : )

i really, really like what happens to v3 when it dries down on my skin. i have no idea what it is but it's awesome!! LOL. almost maple syrup-y, in a way... like pancakes, but not so foody that people walk by looking for the source of food smell. i didn't describe that very well, but hopefully it makes sense?

• 4 weeks later...

I was just gushing about this one over on the potion of the day thread so I need to say it here. I am pleased as punch to find that Rocket Fuel smells good on me! Am still getting over fear of honeyed stuff because of poor Jouir De vs. my skin chemistry. I'm finding that my fear of honey/honeycomb was poorly founded. Rocket Fuel III is gentle and foody and sweet and nommy on me. It's way more close-to-the-skin than I thought it would be, and I just LOVE IT TO PIECES!!! Added to that is the fact that SS4W is a wonderful phero on me. WIN WIN WIN. Love. I'm considering getting 2 bottles--one pheroed, one unpheroed. :wub:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I wore rocket fuel amped with cops and added UN Super Sexy for Women to the mix. I noticed that I felt sexier and loved the way I smelled. I was pretty much alone at work today cause everyone's sick, so didn;t have a chance to monitor hits. But I loved the way this scent matured on me. When I first applied I got a sweet cream/eggnog type smell. After about an hour it became a creamy vanilla-y honey type smell that was absolutely amazing. I love the way this scent works with my personal chemistry. It just gets better as the day goes on. I never could smell the pheros or the cops through the perfume, just wonderful deliciousness. This one is definitely going to be a staple in my fragrance drawer. A decadent showcase of Mara's awesome powers.

I have V2 (I assume), given that it's amped with Blatant Invitation. I haven't worn this enough to figure out how it affects people or myself, but this is definitely, *definitely* not a work safe blend. In the vial I smell primarily honeycomb, and it literally makes my mouth start to water. When first wearing this...I'm not really sure how to describe it. It's sweet, but there's a funk to it that's not entirely pleasant. Is it the cops? The pheros? The amber? I'm not really sure.

Once it dries down entirely, though, it smells like sex. I've worn this to bed and the next morning I *absolutely* had to take a shower before work. This isn't sweet innocent foody honeycomb - this is sexy dirty sweaty honeycomb. People who smell it will know (or assume) that you've been up to something racy.

I tried a little decanted sample of this a long time ago that I got in a trade. It did not smell anything like the descriptions here. I have wondered if it was mislabeled or contaminated. The notes I got were all incensey and resins -- no vanilla or brown sugar.

I need to try this again.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe I almost forgot to review this! I wore MRF V3 a few days ago, and I'm in love. I don't know what it is about this scent, but it's beautiful, sexy, friendly, yummy, and fun, all rolled into one.

It goes on my skin smelling faintly sweet, and very creamy, with the barest hint of spice. It's subtle on my skin, (at least it was the way I applied it), yet it lasts and lasts. It's the kind of scent I want to keep smelling, all day long - and I found myself 'fluffing' my shirt out, just to get a whiff.

I'm not too sure about the SS4W just yet; I don't think I had enough on.

I can see why almost everyone goes nutty for this perfume. It's a charmer for sure. I think that of all the LP scents that I've worn, (as opposed to having just dotted on to smell), this is one of my top 3.

I can't believe I almost forgot to review this! I wore MRF V3 a few days ago, and I'm in love. I don't know what it is about this scent, but it's beautiful, sexy, friendly, yummy, and fun, all rolled into one.

It goes on my skin smelling faintly sweet, and very creamy, with the barest hint of spice. It's subtle on my skin, (at least it was the way I applied it), yet it lasts and lasts. It's the kind of scent I want to keep smelling, all day long - and I found myself 'fluffing' my shirt out, just to get a whiff.

I'm not too sure about the SS4W just yet; I don't think I had enough on.

I can see why almost everyone goes nutty for this perfume. It's a charmer for sure. I think that of all the LP scents that I've worn, (as opposed to having just dotted on to smell), this is one of my top 3.

Fluffing your shirt out to get a whiff! YES!!! It makes us huff our own cleavage. Heeeee!!! I do it every time I wear it. :heart: Edited by ElizabethOSP

MRF v3 + OCCO SLF = amazing. Scent-wise, anyways. And self effects for me are great. I feel hip-swishing, knock-em-dead-with-a-smile, come-here-boy sexy, and it's fabbbbb.

I have a specific target for this later...I'll let you ladies know what happens!

WHOA...pant

...thanks for that idea :001_302:

MRF v3 + OCCO SLF = amazing. Scent-wise, anyways. And self effects for me are great. I feel hip-swishing, knock-em-dead-with-a-smile, come-here-boy sexy, and it's fabbbbb.

I have a specific target for this later...I'll let you ladies know what happens!

Ooh ... got to get myself some OCCO SLF. Can't wait to hear your story.

MRF Version 3 is the BOMB! On me it's pink sugared caramel vanilla heaven! OMG I can't believe how delicious this one smells! I love version 2 but I think I love this one the best!!!! The Self effects from V3 also happen to kick ass!

Version 2 was more of a heavy brown sugared coat and this one is a light pinky sugared caramel vanilla duster..

This is one of my very favorites, EVER!

Apparently, I love it so much, that I just kept buying it, and buying it, and buying it....when I opened my box from storage, I found 7 full bottles and various used bottles of all the various incarnations. And some betas. I will never run out of MRF. I hope.

• 4 weeks later...

I wore Mara's Rocket Fuel V3 yesterday to my salsa dance class. We rotate partners, and all of men I danced with lost their concentration, forgot their steps, and thought I was the best partner ever. Even my teacher, who's a tough nut to crack, started to notice me. However, I don't think I'll be wearing this to class anymore. It was way too distracting!

I wore Mara's Rocket Fuel V3 yesterday to my salsa dance class. We rotate partners, and all of men I danced with lost their concentration, forgot their steps, and thought I was the best partner ever. Even my teacher, who's a tough nut to crack, started to notice me. However, I don't think I'll be wearing this to class anymore. It was way too distracting!

This reminds me of the humorous mis-print (I hope) of a sign in the shopfront of my yoga studio "HOT SALSA LESSONS! Grope Lessons, $50/for 4 weeks"

Might be grope lessons with MRF on!

Hmm...I never thought of it that way! Ha, ha!

I want to hear about that! :P

So some friends and I went to the folk festival and one of my friends is heavy into contra dancing. I had never heard of it and thought it was something associated with the Iran Contra hearings :lol: so what it Actually is is a sort of folk dance or like a very advanced square dance There are MAASSSIVE groups of people in various formations doing what looked like very intricate patterns and steps and the lines moved constantly so you had a new partner every few sections of the dance while still coming back to the partner you started the dance with. And there was everyone there from hipsters, old people, hippies, steam punk, peyote eaters, dead heads, conservatives,WHATEVER, Definitely a mix. So off we went and each of us was swallowed up by a partner in the cavorting throng,

So it's very energetic and I know I was starting to get warm, but not sweaty and bam the MrF kicked in and this wonderful brown sugar scent wafted about me. EAch time a new song starts, you are free to choose a new partner and so after the dance I thanked mine and began to wander off in search of my friends. He was having none of it, so I politely exited then wove my way into the crowd as he was trying to follow me. (not dangerous, just wanting to talk, or get my # or whatever, I didn't stick around to find out)

The next partner got grabby, and the next danced too close, etc. By the end of the night I felt like a melon! Now at the time I chalked it up to a bunch of lonely guys hoping to cop a feel at a group dance function.. but it seemed I was the only one who had that problem. My friends' partners were all perfect gentlemen...I went to the same function a few months later and yep, just to be onerey wore MRF again, Same thing, and my friends didn't get that. so There's one to put in the Phero Hit books...