21st Century Venus

liz

I'm really liking this scent, today I started off with Manifestation Potion and brought 21CV w/me to work, mid day I put some on, it's about 9pm, still going strong. Neoteric, smooth, refined, modern, and worldly... A sophisticated oriental with ingredients from all over the www!

Smart, but cleverly subtle. Thinking of 'Intellectual Woman' covered w/21CV and a tiny dab of Sug'd Orchids or Lillies.

liz :)

I'm really liking this scent, today I started off with Manifestation Potion and brought 21CV w/me to work, mid day I put some on, it's about 9pm, still going strong. Neoteric, smooth, refined, modern, and worldly... A sophisticated oriental with ingredients from all over the www!

Smart, but cleverly subtle. Thinking of 'Intellectual Woman' covered w/21CV and a tiny dab of Sug'd Orchids or Lillies.

liz :rolleyes:

I REALLY think I need some of this with either "Intellectual" or "Cougar Uncented." It's too sophisticated and worldly for "Super."

This one actually transcends "neoteric," and embraces several eras. It's SO well blended, that I can't nail the notes. I can say that there is a very slight note of green, some muskiness, and that's all. The rest is a seductive cloud of the indefinable.

It's a drop-dead mysterious and very subtle oriental; very, very sophisticated and womanly. It reminds me of the very fine French blends of the 30s. I can smell it on a sophisticated, 20s woman, in furs, a silky gown, and a cloche hat. I can smell it on Ingrid Bergman, as she boards an ocean liner, wearing a brimmed hat to partly conceal her lovely face. Jackie Kennedy might have worn this, as she murmered witticisms, in French, to a foreign dignitary.

But, I can also smell it on Trinity from Matrix.

The woman who wears this has a lot of presence. In her wake, men turn and look, enchanted by her mystery. This is a show-stopper. It could make men lose their train of thought in mid-sentence.

I REALLY think I need some of this with either "Intellectual" or "Cougar Uncented." It's too sophisticated and worldly for "Super."

This one actually transcends "neoteric," and embraces several eras. It's SO well blended, that I can't nail the notes. I can say that there is a very slight note of green, some muskiness, and that's all. The rest is a seductive cloud of the indefinable.

It's a drop-dead mysterious and very subtle oriental; very, very sophisticated and womanly. It reminds me of the very fine French blends of the 30s. I can smell it on a sophisticated, 20s woman, in furs, a silky gown, and a cloche hat. I can smell it on Ingrid Bergman, as she boards an ocean liner, wearing a brimmed hat to partly conceal her lovely face. Jackie Kennedy might have worn this, as she murmered witticisms, in French, to a foreign dignitary.

The woman who wears this has a lot of presence. In her wake, men turn and look, enchanted by her mystery. This is a show-stopper. It could make men lose their train of thought in mid-sentence.

Short addendum: Infortunately, my skin eats this gorgeous blend. However, I have one of those great BPAL scent lockets, with a Beardsley "Salome" motif that suits this scent, perfectly. It preserves the scent for DAYS, without distrortion.

Ahh.... u know me well. Yes, in fact I kind see my self as that picture of a woman, I'm not what you expect, yes, I've been thru alot and have done alot, I think that'can be VERY SEXY, I look good, I still make heads turn, Yeap, I can be mysterious - sp?, flamboyant -sp? and conservative, and sometimes I try to be all 3 at once, gets easier as you get older and I can still listen to David Bowie ( Z STr Dust /Spider frm Mars) & get stoned . And NOW I've discovered pheros !!!

It's a new dawn, its a new day, it's new life for me......and I'm feelin' guuuuuuuud !!!!

liz :rainman:

ps: this is really fun with ph G 1/or 2

Edited by liz

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote this in the potion of the day thread:

21st Century Venus is actually reminding me of the perfume i use to wear all the time before finding this site, The scent was "shi" by alfred sung. But it is not nearly as strong and overpowering (even though I like "Shi" it gives me a slight headache to start). And Venus is so much richer and complex. I can smell the overall lovely scent but I get a hint of the many layers that it holds.

I thoroughly enjoy this one and think it is perfect for a classy dinner or sophisticated business meeting.

Freaking a man! I LOVE this scent but it only lasts about 30 minutes on me! 30 MINUTES! Uhg, my stupid perfume eating skin!! I was slathering it on like a mad woman and for those few moments...ahhh smells like heaven! lol

Chicken and peas,

Pixie :)

• 2 weeks later...

21st Century Venus

In vial: perfumey. This is almost mainstream in scent, very modern, a floral with spice and something metallic.

On skin: I now smell something peppery, and something almost fruity, and a silvery aquatic note, and something that I can’t really describe well other than to say it smells blue. Very blue, deep indigo-ultramarine with a sheen of silver. A cross between futuristic and mainstream. Then the floral notes unfold, I can’t identify them but they are white and fresh, a bit heady but more like an almost watery scent. There’s a hint of spice to it as well, something like pepper or even coriander. I think I just about detect some soft woods, something solid to ground the ethereal notes. And there’s certainly a note of something aquatic or ozone-y to this, and possibly a white or blue musk. Actually, with a bit of wear, this starts to remind me of a lotus perfume I have, which a friend got me from Egypt…and I love that smell, so this makes me very happy. In fact, this scent dries down to a pure blue lotus scent, a scent of clear watery blue with hints of green, something like hyacinth, a crisp light musk, and maybe a hint of spice or incense. But mainly blue lotus, one of my favourite floral notes of all. (I’m not sure if there is lotus or waterlily here but that’s what I smell on my skin.). I wasn’t expecting to like this, in the vial I thought ‘nah, generic’ but on me it is a beautiful, sophisticated floral fresh scent which smells both modern and mesmerising.

I wrote this in the potion of the day thread:

21st Century Venus is actually reminding me of the perfume i use to wear all the time before finding this site, The scent was "shi" by alfred sung. But it is not nearly as strong and overpowering (even though I like "Shi" it gives me a slight headache to start). And Venus is so much richer and complex. I can smell the overall lovely scent but I get a hint of the many layers that it holds.

I thoroughly enjoy this one and think it is perfect for a classy dinner or sophisticated business meeting.

Yeah, it really wouldn't suit a very young, cheerleader type, at all, would it? It's all about worldliness. Cultured, mysterious, womanliness.

• 3 weeks later...

i finally got around to trying my sample of this and am really loving it.

on my skin it's not at all like it is in the samle vial.

once it dries down on my skin i'm left with something warm, comforting, and sexy in a sultry, mysterious way...not a vamp/vixen, on the prowl kind of way.

the scent is very well blended and i can't detect individual notes but am left with a slight floral, warm resin, and maybe even a hint of cooling ozone or metallic.

a bit oriental, yes.

a scent for all eras, yes.

this scent doesn't strike me as ultra-modern, though.

more classic and sophisticated.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On me this one is a light sweet floral with a clean, clear light musk and a bit of faint citrus. Very nice - would get another sample but not sure if i would get a bottle - need more testing as it is a close up scent (people have to get close up to smell it)

• 2 months later...

21st century venus is now toe to toe with Aura armour as a new favorite of mine.

Sophisticated, superbly blended, it rivals overpriced designer perfumes. CC nailed it, it does remind me of SHi by Alfred Sung.

I feel like I should have my hair up and glide around my house in an elegant black dress.

Worldly and perfect for a woman my age (40), if I was working I would wear this everyday. I love the way it settles on me, no discernable layering of notes emerging over time.

truly womanly in the most elegant way.

i'll have to come back and edit at a later date, I simply can't give this perfume the written justice it deserves.

21st century venus is now toe to toe with Aura armour as a new favorite of mine.

Sophisticated, superbly blended, it rivals overpriced designer perfumes. CC nailed it, it does remind me of SHi by Alfred Sung.

I feel like I should have my hair up and glide around my house in an elegant black dress.

Worldly and perfect for a woman my age (40), if I was working I would wear this everyday. I love the way it settles on me, no discernable layering of notes emerging over time.

truly womanly in the most elegant way.

i'll have to come back and edit at a later date, I simply can't give this perfume the written justice it deserves.

After your review I now want to drag this goodie out again. I am now going to get me a hot elegant dinner date to wear this out on..."right" lol

I love this one. It is in my hoarding pile (2 plain, 1 boosted and several samples). I can't believe it hasn't sold out yet. I just got my "happy" bottle in. I had A-nol, B-nol and EST added to a bottle and love it.

Oooh that sounds like a very good mix. You must report back and tell us the results from wearing that lil mixture :lol:

Oooh that sounds like a very good mix. You must report back and tell us the results from wearing that lil mixture :lol:

This works for me the way Happy Water works for everyone else. I didn't like the scent of that one, so I created my very own version. I love it. ;)

cc, when (not IF, positive thinking sweetie! besides, everyone who lives in Van is gorgeous; it's that west coast magic elixir, lol) u get yourself a date, wear it with some ss4w. i think 21 cen. venus demands it.

sb: what does a-nol, b-nol and est do as a phero cocktail? you added it to venus, right? i'm so glad to see u love it too, i was shocked that there was so many bottles left (maybe i shouldn't say anything, we'll start a stampede). I bought 2 bottles and kiss them everynight along with my aura armour! :lol:

eta" i 'want to' kiss them goodnight. haven't got them yet! just a sample, but it sent me into OMG-I-Love-It-Land! i'm so excited about them i think i already own them. sheesh.

Edited by cyberianhussy

I did add it to C-21. I love this scent. Clean, fresh, slightly floral and slightly citrus.

So, the combo of the three gives a slightly sexy (not sexual, just attractive) vibe, creates a sense of rapport through bonding, makes everyone more friendly and approachable and is a mood elevator. A great combo for lifting my mood and ensuring that I have a fantastic day.

B-Nol

Beta-Androstenol is known for creating rapport and a sense of bonding between people. It lends an impression that you have known a person a long time - even if you have only just met.

EST

Estratetraenol is a pheromone that is said to be a mood elevator for men when worn by women, and is for stimulating feelings of love, protectiveness and gentleness.

A-Nol (this one I got from http://pherolibrary.com/human-pheromones/androstenol.htm - couldn't find it on the LP site)

The alpha isomer of Androstenol creates a friendly approachably impression, and can make the wearer seem less intimidating and more approachable. It seems to be more of a neurotic chatty pheromone than the beta isomer, touching more on empathy and romantic feelings. Androstenol also creates an aura of youth and health, which can help to create an impression of reproductive fitness, which is attractive.

The primary reported response to Androstenol or Androstenol containing products has been an increase in chattiness and friendliness from both sexes, but as mentioned above it can increase sexual attractiveness as well. It has been referred to as an "ice-breaker" pheromone.

Edited by sultry brunette

Thank You SB for clarifying your phero combo. it sounds like something i would like to add into an Lp fragrance. i aready ordered my 2 venus ones, too late, would have shamelessly copied you!!

thanks again!

After your review I now want to drag this goodie out again. I am now going to get me a hot elegant dinner date to wear this out on..."right" lol

CC this scent is rapidly becoming one of if not my favorite,,,and your description is dead on.

question, how does one go about adding anol, bnol and est?

djac

CC this scent is rapidly becoming one of if not my favorite,,,and your description is dead on.

question, how does one go about adding anol, bnol and est?

djac

Go here and scroll down to Add Pheromones to any Love Potion® Fragrance. The cost is a little more ($44.95), but worth it. I chose Alpha-Androstenol as my primary and asked to have B-Nol and EST added in the special instructions. Then indicate which scent you want and viola!

CC,

You're beautiful, smart and sexy...always remember that. If a man does not know what he wants that is his fault. I believe there is someone special for everyone...just that the timing may not always be right...

go out have fun with your gf's and enjoy yourself...sometimes..Ok most times men cannot take a hint so if u are feeling bold, why not send a drink over to the hot guy at the bar...hehe...He won't know what hit him...but I bet you'll be on his mind for a long time... oh and don't forget to send over the phone number sealed with a kiss....hehe

Hope it helps...

• 1 month later...

OMG I LOVE THIS! I wish I had tried it earlier........ This is so beautiful, unusual and smells expensive. The first thing I thought when I sniffed my wrist was the expensive perfume my grandmother used to wear, crosses with some notes from Clinique happy and then "cool fire." I am guessing the cool fire is the blue musk, which is somehow both cool and sweet. It reminds me of lilac almost.

This scent is so unusual. At times it smells old fashioned then the modern scent peeks through. It smells warm and sexy, and also has cool almost aqautic undertones as well. This really shouldn't work by all means, but it somehow does in a fabulous way. Its very womanly, refined, sexy but aloof.

I so need to get a full sized bottle of this pronto. This could be my signature scent. This would work well in the winter or summer. I think domination pheromones would work well in this.

• 3 months later...

This is lovely. It does feel very clasically perfumey -- I think that's a hint of rosewood I pick up in it. It's very smooth, very sophisticated... not necessarily me, but lovely. :) This feels right for a formal evening out. Which I do *Rarely*. ;) I'm totally a jeans & comfy sweater gal. But sniffing this, I feel like I could maybe do an elegant business suit.

• 9 months later...

Rare instance of the label and scent seeming incongruent, at least for how it smells on me -- true it's not particularly warm like say Shelly's Winter Sweater or Jo's SWC, but the label led me to expect maybe something in the direction of LP Silver & much beyond, a cold, shimmery, metallic vibe. It's not like that on me at ALL. Primarily floral, but

It's SO well blended, that I can't nail the notes. ... a seductive cloud of the indefinable. ... very, very sophisticated and womanly.

YES, YES, YES. It is probably the most mainstream-feeling of the LPMPs I've tried (but very modern, not old-school). It smells terribly expensive. It also feels quite versatile to me: would be absolutely equally suitable for brunch at the Four Seasons, dinner & dancing on the QE2 and ... private activities :blushing:

It feels very confident and utterly self-assured -- would be FABULOUS amped with Leather!

Lasts just fine on me - I have had it in the crook of my elbow for about 4 hours and it is still wafting tantalizingly at me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This started off incredibly lush florals that smell and feel like those arrangements at 5 star hotels. It started off smelling sophisticated and like I wanted to wear a fancy hat. About twenty minutes later I started amping spicy woods :huh:

I don't mind spicy, but the woods.. hmmm I'm going to have to retest at a later date and see if it's just my chemistry right now

• 6 years later...

Wow, this is an oldie! I put this on a few hours ago. To me, it smells like classic, high-end perfume. It's very pretty! Classic and sweet and it smells "rich." I don't feel like it's "me," unfortunately. Or maybe fortunately, since it's long gone. I feel like this is what high-end perfumes should smell like, but they don't anymore because they're made of weird chemicals now. It kind of smells "silver" to me. I know someone said that in a much earlier review, and I can see it. Er, smell it. 

I feel like, wearing this, I should be wearing a fur coat and shopping in New York. But here I sit, in the frozen north in my pajamas, feeling the effects of :shark825:week and chopping peppers for dinner. :/ 😔